• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second sentence is referring entirely to the quantity of fanservice (which is not an outlier in the world of anime, but excessive outside of the fandom), not to the quality of the show.

For the record, No Game No Life is a good show. The fanservice isn't its only weakness.

For example, the way Stephanie is treated, particularly in episode 5, is really uncomfortable to watch at times, and it's played for laughs.
You had a problem with steph but not for the 3 nameless thieves that were left with no clothes in episode 1 ? or the 3 nobles that lost everything ( name , titles, clothes, money ) in the same episode 5 ?

I have a bigger problem with how Stephanie is treated the whole time than any kind of fan service.

Not seeing the problem here.

We were talking about shows that didn't get second seasons this morning and whether it was good or bad. True Detective is a clear case of why sometimes nice things should stay untouched. What did I just watch o_O

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is Kurosawa ever got live action adaptation?

both season of Kaiji is airing near of both live action movies iirc
Not that i know of. But now that you mention, if there's an adaptation for kurosawa its probably going to be live action. which is fine by me, as long they can convey emotion just like this
tumblr_mgzu96pJkW1s3tjy3o1_1280.jpg

sonicmj1

You had a problem with steph but not for the 3 nameless thieves that were left with no clothes in episode 1 ? or the 3 nobles that lost everything ( name , titles, clothes, money ) in the same episode 5 ?

Did I say I didn't? It was just one example of one sort of fault, albeit one concerning the third most prominent character in the show.

I really wasn't planning on getting into an exhaustive discussion of the positives and negatives of NGNL. I made posts of my impressions as I was watching it, and you can feel free to look them up if you like. It's a show I enjoyed, but it also has its flaws.

If I gave you the impression that I dismissed it from top 10 solely due to fanservice, I apologize. It wasn't the only factor.

kewlmyc

Its in almost every anime.
You cant avoid it so dont dwell on it. NGNL is a good show. Possibly one of the best in recent years.

The fact that they kept reminding the audience that she was 11 was what freaked most people out. If it was your standard high school girl fanservice, no one would have cared. No one cares about the Steph fanservice, for example.

It was still a fun show for what it was. The games were fun and production values were high.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 12

igwV5DJa1qNRl.gif

So that's where that specific gif came from lol.😆 Also Kodai you smug bastard.

It was a nice episode seeing characters rebuild their relationship. Loved seeing Rei finally overcoming her hatred and it was nice seeing Kato and the other guy greet her. The talk between Shima and Rei was pretty great. It seems like people are seeing Mori as a goddess. Also I wonder what Lord Desler's true motive is.

Harada looks beautiful when she's asleep, but Sweet Jesus those legs should be illegal.😚

To end it off we have a great brofist between two friends.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 12

It was a nice episode seeing characters rebuild their relationship. Loved seeing Rei finally overcoming her hatred and it was nice seeing Kato and the other guy greet her. The talk between Shima and Rei was pretty great. It seems like people are seeing Mori as a goddess. Also I wonder what Lord Desler's true motive is.

Harada looks beautiful when she's asleep, but Sweet Jesus those legs should be illegal.😚

To end it off we have a great brofist between two friends.
Everyone has been hyping this one up and I never watched it. Maybe I'll give this a shot.

cajunator

Banned
The fact that they kept reminding the audience that she was 11 was what freaked most people out. If it was your standard high school girl fanservice, no one would have cared. No one cares about the Steph fanservice, for example.

It was still a fun show for what it was. The games were fun and production values were high.

Im definitely not saying that aspect of the show is worth anything less than scorn but my point is that the show shouldnt be called bad because it has fanservice. It is otherwise a well written and executed show. The only problem is there should be more of it.

It's been a great ride so far. The animation and everything look high budget as well.

Honestly once I'm done watching the show I may end up forking some money out just to buy this series on BD.

We tout it as a great sci-fi show that happens to be an anime.

It has Commander Santa Claus too.

He's a master tactician.

"Sir we have enemies all around us"

"keep flying forward"

its good, aoty 2013
I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of space sci-fi but I'm willing to give this a shot. Screenshots look good, and everyone around here seems to say good things about it. Plus it has a Season 2 coming (again for better or worse back to my post on this page). It won't hurt to try watching a couple of episodes and see how I feel about it.

Watching Lovely Complex. Otani pissing me off
Oh boy then are you in for a ride. LOL.

What a weird allergy, isn't watermelon mostly consist water?

Watermelons share allergens with ragweed, though I get reactions from other melons or fruit too. It's because they contain proteins similar to plant pollens that I'm allergic to. For most things it doesn't cause much more than minor itch, but watermelons and bananas make my face swell up and itch.

blurr

Saw a couple of episodes of Gugure! Kokkuri-san, hilarious show. I love Ichimatsu Kohina.

Also, started Hyouka and JJBA Star Dust Crusaders part 1.

Kino's Journey 09

Interesting episode. Censorship to combat fanatics from becoming too absorbed in fantasy. Problem is everyone is deemed a fanatic. There is always the one crazy that ruins it for everyone.

I liked the intro and outro the episode. It was almost Inception like as you're unsure if the events that transpire were part of a story or Kino's reality. It even hints that the series as a whole is just her fantasy.

Sterok

Shirayukihime 5

Now they're helping out people (or soldiers in this case) in need. I like that. Makes them seem useful and helps stave off any implication that they just deal with internal affairs. Shirayuki should know that she can't help anyone if she's making medicine half asleep. Still relaxing and non-eventful overall.

Go Princess Precure 26

New op is improved. Seems that we are getting a new villain. I expect them to be like Northa. Odd that Close is still in the op. Not sure what to think of the new ed. Seems stylized different from usual. Towa is entering her rebellious teenage phase. Which lasted all of two minutes. This is the first time Pafu was actually cute. Shut continues to be the best villain. I always like it when the villains go after weird targets like bugs. Pafu and Aroma vs the Zetsuborg for Battle of the Ages. Certainly better than the fights in the recent All Stars movie. Watch the fairies' new power come up all of twice for the rest of the show.

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey 09

Interesting episode. Censorship to combat fanatics from becoming too absorbed in fantasy. Problem is everyone is deemed a fanatic. There is always the one crazy that ruins it for everyone.

I liked the intro and outro the episode. It was almost Inception like as you're unsure if the events that transpire were part of a story or Kino's reality. It even hints that the series as a whole is just her fantasy.

That is one of the best episodes.

Texhnolyze 19-22 thoughts

Kus2z9V.png

Jesus Christ. You did it. You destroyed it. You bastards.

Ugh. Well I mean I guess there's a beauty to it. The Mist the anime.

Yep, really it is:
end of humanity, the series. And it doesn't mean that they kill off the entire humanity in the story, it's that at the start of the story humanity was already reduced to a rest of a rest, but we didn't know until it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom