• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I find this interesting because it sort of shows that no one cares about BD even now. Even for Wind Rises, the DVD number is double the BD number.

I'm glad that you found them of use, I'll probably do more of this kind of stuff down the line. Bedtime now!

Saudades

Next up: marathoning Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Having done this I can't endorse it as a good time investment. I'd even say you'd be better off just watching the fight scenes on Youtube or something instead of watching the series, aside from a few key eps in Season 2.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
how bad can it be?

laugh.gif

OceanBlue

Well that's not easy, the writer of Rokka anime was the writer of Horizon anime series, maybe that's his style? and it seems all Rokka anime episodes will write by only himself.
If it's like Horizon, then I won't mind at all since I really liked it despite not understanding what was going on for the first few episodes lol. That said, the amount of dialogue was only part of the issue (and not really what I'm worried about).

Phatmac

I am a big fan of Fate/Zero and while I don't expect this to be as good as that, how bad can it be?
Ignore what people say on hear about it being horrible or whatever. It's a good show overall. It's a must watch for FZ fans even if it isn't as good as FZ.

Ignore what people say on hear about it being horrible or whatever. It's a good show overall. It's a must watch for FZ fans even if it isn't as good as FZ.

If you keep your expectation in check , UBW is far from being horrible, quite the opposite... it's without a doubt the best version so far of fate stay night.

Phatmac

If you keep your expectation in check , UBW is far from being horrible, quite the opposite... it's without a doubt the best version so far of fate stay night.
Exactly. It's just a solid adaptation of a Visual Novel route which should usually be horrible but is actually done justice for the most part.

But I don't know what I want.

Honestly man? Watch UBW if you want.Some folks here ended up enjoying it.

Just a fair warning where Fate Zero starred Batman, and the OTP Rider and Waver, UBW focuses on high school students where one is a cocky tsundere, the lead wants to follow the ideals of Batman but he hasn't earned them, and there's lolis.

It still is watchable if you REALLY want to see more fights, but if you want the ideology battle and the writing of FZ, do NOT watch.

Honestly tell us what you feel like watching and we can help out.

Action? Sci fi? Fantasy?
Have you watched Berserk? The movies?

If you want a modern world with fantasy, give Noragami a watch.

Andrew J.

Didn't make this connection until I saw Jex's Doomed Megalopolis posts, but Ninja Slayer is basically one of those gory, fanservice-heavy '80s OVAs with animation quality commensurate with its writing.

Puruzi

Banned
Watch Barakamon and Noragami. Both are very good quality shows.

Man was Haikyuu a really great sport's anime. It made be so hyped for Volleyball, a sport that I don't even like that much.

Same, I didn't give a shit about that sport but the anime just made it so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom