• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In this case the context is actively making the worthwhile parts of the show worse.

Symphogear GX - 05

Is Sdburton aware that he must watch Symphogear ASAP ??

Senki%20Zesshou%20Symphogear%20GX%20-%2005.jpg

Its not

Because he really should.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It...seems pretty straightforward. When there's a show with the occasional good cut of animation but little else to recommend it, Jexhius often tells people to watch gifs of the good parts divorced from context.
In this case the context is actively making the worthwhile parts of the show worse.
I'm going to assume this is Symphogear related or something then? :p

Also, Jexhius isn't making a show based on stitching together action scenes from other shows as far as I know. He's just telling you to watch specific cuts in the context of presumably appreciating animation.

Humanity Has Declined 3

So the message I'm getting here is that even if Humanity is going extinct, Fujoshis will prevail even in the end? 😌 Well well I guess we learn new things everyday. To think Y's inner Fujoshi would awaken. A matter of fact to think BL manga would become a major money maker where Humanity is declining.

This anime is pretty enjoyable and weird. Y is a great addition to the cast, plus she's voiced by Miyuki so it's a plus in my book. Also Watashi is cynical as ever.

zulux21

Shokugeki no Soma - 18

I'm glad that this arc is over. Not that it was a bad arc, but I'm just happy that a tournament arc is apparently starting now.

I've heard good things about it from the manga readers of this show, so I hope it delivers!

Im sure what will get animated will deliver, but well you might as well start looking into the manga or not even start it as this season will end in the middle of the arc and thus you will have to wait until a season 2 or read the manga to finish it anyways. (my guess is a second season will start next spring)

Defuser

Gate ep 6
I love the smell of one sided massacre in the morning.

Smart choice Itami, ask your team to leave so you can have all the cute girls of Roses to yourself.

Symphogear GX - 06

Making a show THIS GOOD should be illegal.

DAT 3 transformation HYPE , Dat vilain, DAT forshadowing for the ending. DTA POWER-UP.

DAT DARKNESS

This show is superb.

but nobody did a casuality counter after that carol and co destroyed all the city generator and part of the building and spammed 3K noises on the field.
They were all in a shelter , right ? right ?

kewlmyc

Ushio and Tora 06

The love interest not knowing Ushio is a the guy constantly saving her is already getting annoying. Just tell her already. Other than that, it seems that we'll soon be at our first arc so I can't wait. I'm assuming his mother is the chick we see in the OP that's in front of the barrier hanging out with that spirit.

Cornbread78

Arakawa Under the Bridge ep.1-3
maxresdefault.jpg

I'be been jumping around quite a few shows the past couple days looking for something new and stumbled on this one. Interesting synopsis right? That doesn't even begin to explain how bat shit insane this anime is. Honestly, this should be our next "Let's Watch" kust bevause of how lol. I know they have been relaying a message about material things, but everyone is clearly insane here. The VA for the MC also sounds like Araragi and uses very similar manorisms as well. Seriously, this show is just weird, lol.

Yamato 24

Such a shame I need to stop here since I work tomorrow and need to go to bed. If the preview at the end of the episode is an indication of anything the... SPOILERS (do not click Aqua lol)
...damned emperor isn't dead. Bastard cheated death twice. And speaking of death, Kodai's brother died at the planet they were destined to go to. What was up with the empress at the end though? Crying, and then touching her womb as she looked up at the sky as they left... DON'T TELL ME KODAI IS GOING TO BE AN UNCLE LOL

Yamato 24

Such a shame I need to stop here since I work tomorrow and need to go to bed. If the preview at the end of the episode is an indication of anything the... SPOILERS (do not click Aqua lol)
...damned emperor isn't dead. Bastard cheated death twice. And speaking of death, Kodai's brother died at the planet they were destined to go to. What was up with the empress at the end though? Crying, and then touching her womb as she looked up at the sky as they left... DON'T TELL ME KODAI IS GOING TO BE AN UNCLE LOL

Are you watching the original Yamato?

I'm still destroyed because I finished Shirobako this week and it's the best anime I've watched in a long time, every weekly show I'm watching is crap compared to Shirobako.

Illya S3 Episode 3

I can't believe how amusing this anime is, they gave us a damn fujoshi episode for no good reason and I'm perfectly fine with it.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Gate ep 6
I love the smell of one sided massacre in the morning.

Smart choice Itami, ask your team to leave so you can have all the cute girls of Roses to yourself.

Wow... the helicopter scene was really well done. I cannot remember the last time I had such an uncomfortable WTF moment in anime.

cajunator

Banned
AnimeGAF I need your help. Can any of you identify this clip?

It gets better and better every time I watch it.

Thats some classic derp right there!
Anime has been honing its craft a long time!

Revolutionary Girl Utena
That's was pretty damn awesome.
The characters and music is fantastic, the story is also really good,but very confussing.
I understood quite a bit,but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a lot,too.
This seems to be the kind of show you are supposed to watch more than once,but it's 39 episodes long and even when you watch the anime for the first time it can be really draning at times.

Still, the last few episodes are so good that it's worth watching the not so interesting parts.
It's also worth mentioning that you shouldn't skip the recap episodes,because they always have a few important new scenes.

A few days ago I also watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
I was never the biggest fan of the Haruhi fan,but I still think that this movie is amazing.
On of the first thing I noticed is the cinematographic. The way the movie is shot really enhances the atmosphere.
There isn't too much to say about the characters,because they are pretty much the same as in the orginal show, with the excepting of a few interesting developments.
The story ties pretty good and ties in nicely with the rest of the series.

Wait until you watch the movie!

Future Card Buddyfight:100 (hundred) Episode 18 (engDub)
CL2GRu8WcAAdkAW.png
CL2HL_dWUAAP21H.png

Mekuro Shigamine is too cool for a Hero World card. Usually all the hero world ones have been those combining machines and not really humans but he is great. Though easily fooled.

Feels like A Dawg will end up dying or something, everything seems so dark behind the scenes now.

That hair. holy shit.
Its magnificent. And yet somehow really really terrible!

Should have been the 2nd Soma ED

Volume 14 already came out so WK1 sales for that should be revealed soon.

Hmmm. Nah. Maybe if Megumi has a character song they could use that.

GATE is a show where the glorious Nippon military easily defeats a medieval army while also running around with catgirls.

There is no way that show is actually good.

I cant see how thats a bad thing at all whatsoever.

cajunator

Banned

Dragonball still pulls in large crowds. IT has a pretty simple story and a lot of action. Its not surprising.

Symphogear GX - 05

Well you certainly interested me in it if no one else.

Humanity Has Declined 3

So the message I'm getting here is that even if Humanity is going extinct, Fujoshis will prevail even in the end? 😌 Well well I guess we learn new things everyday. To think Y's inner Fujoshi would awaken. A matter of fact to think BL manga would become a major money maker where Humanity is declining.

This anime is pretty enjoyable and weird. Y is a great addition to the cast, plus she's voiced by Miyuki so it's a plus in my book. Also Watashi is cynical as ever.

Now you know the secret :)

I'm still destroyed because I finished Shirobako this week and it's the best anime I've watched in a long time, every weekly show I'm watching is crap compared to Shirobako.

Illya S3 Episode 3

I can't believe how amusing this anime is, they gave us a damn fujoshi episode for no good reason and I'm perfectly fine with it.

I know that feeling. after watching a truly great anime you are left with a void, and nothing you watch seems to fill it. Nothing measures up to what you just watched. At least not at the moment. But give it a week or so and you will likely be in the mood for something new and eventually another great show will sink its hooks in you. The process repeats over and over.

OceanBlue

Classroom Crisis 6

Man Nagisa really did have it rough, sorta explains why he is the way he is, and why his brother hates him so much. He seems to slowly start getting along a little better with the A-TEC students too. That last bit at the end,
Iris seems to have a dream from her past before she lost her memories. She was talking to her grandfather as he died, saying how their family needed to protect Nagisa. The family's name is the same as Nagisa's mother... so Iris and Nagisa are probably related.

Classroom*Crisis ep.6
Another good episode with a lot of character development and backstory for Nagisa. Looks like the class is on track trying to make it work with no budget. Next week looks like we're finally cracking some of Iris's amnesia, and eait,
she is a relative of Nagisa? Sister perhaps on the other founders side of the family and potential heir for ownership of the company. .. if so, damn.

Lol I can't believe I didn't think of these things as possibilities. When I saw that scene I assumed that
Iris is the real "son" of the Shirasaki family i.e. her birth name is Nagisa, and Nagisa became a stand-in to protect her. After all, they did emphasize that Nagisa was a feminine name so I guess that's why I immediately went to that.

Edit: That said this is so farfetched and full of holes that I'm glad I'm the only one who thought of it. :V

I know that feeling. after watching a truly great anime you are left with a void, and nothing you watch seems to fill it. Nothing measures up to what you just watched. At least not at the moment. But give it a week or so and you will likely be in the mood for something new and eventually another great show will sink its hooks in you. The process repeats over and over.

I felt the same way after finishing TTGL for the first time.

Except like, I needed more than a week. I needed months to find another show that hooked me like TTGL did, haha.

cajunator

Banned
I felt the same way after finishing TTGL for the first time.

Except like, I needed more than a week. I needed months to find another show that hooked me like TTGL did, haha.

I felt that way after Cowboy Bebop, and Haibane Renmei, and Kinos journey, and Welcome to NHK, and Steins Gate, and Madoka Magica, and Full Moon O Sagashite...I could go on. My point is there will always be another to follow. Good stuff is continually being made, even if it doesnt seem like it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Arakawa Under the Bridge ep.1-3
maxresdefault.jpg

I'be been jumping around quite a few shows the past couple days looking for something new and stumbled on this one. Interesting synopsis right? That doesn't even begin to explain how bat shit insane this anime is. Honestly, this should be our next "Let's Watch" kust bevause of how lol. I know they have been relaying a message about material things, but everyone is clearly insane here. The VA for the MC also sounds like Araragi and uses very similar manorisms as well. Seriously, this show is just weird, lol.
You should check out the live action version if only to see what it's like to have a guy in a Kappa suit and another guy with a star head act like if everything was normal.
RkVIIqX.jpg

fireinafune
:roffles

PK Gaming

Symphogear GX - 05

Hello yes i'm not Sdburton but i'll be filling in for him today. Why should he (I) watch this anime?

Humanity Has Declined 3

So the message I'm getting here is that even if Humanity is going extinct, Fujoshis will prevail even in the end? �� Well well I guess we learn new things everyday. To think Y's inner Fujoshi would awaken. A matter of fact to think BL manga would become a major money maker where Humanity is declining.

Awaken? Brother, Y stands for Yaoi. Y is Yaoi.

Mandelbo

It's a utopia where something must have happened on Earth to cause humanity to decide to move Venice to Mars. But it's never really addressed. If MrJeff was still around, he's link that doujin manga where someone created a backstory of Earth being a hellhole that Akari was desperately trying to escape from.

Well yes, the state of Earth is mentioned a few times, like when they're playing in the sea and Akari says that they can't do things like this on Earth anymore, but on Aqua at least people live happy, relaxed lives. People still live on Earth in the show, like Ai, who seems happy enough and keeps in constant contact with Akari throughout the series, and we also see people who've gone to Aqua for a holiday with seemingly no intention of moving there for good - for example, the frog girl who tries to take President Aria back to Earth with her and her family. While it's obvious that something has happened to Earth, I don't think it's quite as extreme as having turned into a living hell.

cajunator

Banned

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well yes, the state of Earth is mentioned a few times, like when they're playing in the sea and Akari says that they can't do things like this on Earth anymore, but on Aqua at least people live happy, relaxed lives. People still live on Earth in the show, like Ai, who seems happy enough and keeps in constant contact with Akari throughout the series, and we also see people who've gone to Aqua for a holiday with seemingly no intention of moving there for good - for example, the frog girl who tries to take President Aria back to Earth with her and her family. While it's obvious that something has happened to Earth, I don't think it's quite as extreme as having turned into a living hell.
The other wacky theory is that Aria and YKK are set in the same universe. But more likely, Earth is probably a overdeveloped overpopulated monstrosity like NYC or Tokyo and Mars is some kind of pleasure planet where they can create a Japanese-Italian mashup city for the sake of historical tourism.

twitch has ruined kappa for me :^)
Klappa

phaze

Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 01

I really don't remember Chiri having so many Yandere moments in the first 2 seasons.

Only SZS can go from celebration of halloween to the discovery of a holdout WWII soldier on some forsaken island.

Edit: Holy shit at the second opening. Might be the best in the series.

Razmos

Symphogear GX episode 6: A new relic! dark transformations! a kanade cameo! a shock death! MikuxHibiki shipping! boob jiggles!
This episode had it all!

As soon as I saw
Carol's
symphogear I thought "Oh shit, it's purple, and a musical instrument"

Now which main character, currently without a relic has had a purple colour scheme since the beginning of the show and was last seen playing a piano. hmmm.
Dare I hope that they are going to bring back the relic and give it to Miku? please lord.

Hello yes i'm not Sdburton but i'll be filling in for him today. Why should he (I) watch this anime?
Symphogear has :
-action
-a cool setting
-good vilains
-magical girl/mecha girls fighting
-yuri shipping but the good kind , the kind you can't help but ship 2 people together.
-cliffangers ( the higest rate of cliffangers i've EVER seen in an anime)
-Good side characters, goodlooking side characters
-it's freaking awesome.

Symphogear GX episode 6: A new relic! dark transformations! a kanade cameo! a shock death! MikuxHibiki shipping! boob jiggles!
This episode had it all!

As soon as I saw
Carol's
symphogear I thought "Oh shit, it's purple, and a musical instrument"

Now which main character, currently without a relic has had a purple colour scheme since the beginning of the show and was last seen playing a piano. hmmm.
Dare I hope that they are going to bring back the relic and give it to Miku? please lord.

I wouldn't mind
this turn of events it's about time ( but i'm unsure if i'm ready to watch her dark side )

Cinderella Girls 17

I vastly prefer the way they've introduced drama in this second season and explored these characters greatly over the way it was done in the last season and original series when nothing ever felt all that serious or important till the last two episodes.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hibike! Euphonium episode 2
This episode made me really appreciate the animation and artstyle for some reason. But also im liking the characters so far, im relating to the main character alot in the way how she interacts with someone she might have ha bad terms on the last time she's seen them, with the person not even caring about it. Much how I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom