• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Charlotte - 06

Holy shit. I knew it was coming, but I was not prepared for THAT. That whole sequence at the end was insane.

Oh, and the after credit's scene: Does that mean part of my shitty random prediction a few episodes back was actually correct?
Yuu dies but overtakes the body of someone else just before it, so he survives and becomes something like Yusa and Misa.
I guess I'm wrong, though. But still, this is the first episode of the show where I really want to see the next episode immediately.

A week is way too long!

The Charlotte OT should be pretty busy if this keeps up, but uugghh, no no no.

Charlotte - 06

Holy shit. I knew it was coming, but I was not prepared for THAT. That whole sequence at the end was insane.

Oh, and the after credit's scene: Does that mean part of my shitty random prediction a few episodes back was actually correct?
Yuu dies but overtakes the body of someone else just before it, so he survives and becomes something like Yusa and Misa.
I guess I'm wrong, though. But still, this is the first episode of the show where I really want to see the next episode immediately.

I loved this episode, I wonder if the show is actually going to be able to keep it up, there's probably some darker scheme but right now it looked like an accident, I wonder how they'll use these events to create an entire second half.

Oh, speaking about predictions.

So what's everyone's theory on the sister's potential death? it's probably going to play out like this:

—————————————————————————————————————————————
1) Lelouch and the squad are hanging out at school

2) Wet map guy comes in and drips all over the map

3) MC: "But that's my house!!?"

4) The crew goes to MC's house and finds the sister with some OP powers she can't control.

5) Sister gets herself killed/caught by scientists. Bonus points if MC is forced to take control over his sister.

Shimoneta - 06

That ED with the pool. They even made a guide! And jesus that lewd end card.
Anna moaning in sync with the controller and the door violently shaking as an effect lmao. That vibrator must be pretty strong, those gazongas were all over the place at some point. Nice metaphorical representations as well.
iiNMxE3.jpg
q2DiNza.jpg

Uh, no?

Did you not notice how in the ending everyone died

like everyone

Akame lives though. I thought the plan for the anime was to follow Akame's journey after the events of the first season. Literally thought this was confirmed to the point where I had no doubts about it happening and now I can't find anything. I'm usually not one to believe something unless I see solid proof of it happening, but I can't remember back to last year when I would have heard of it.

Edit: nevermind. I found the original article I had read and the subsequent article debunking the first article. I've had the wool pulled over my eyes by the internet.

Working!!! S3 6

Yamada! Nooo!

More plot progression! So much progression. It's almost like they want to wrap up everything before it ends...

Starting to wonder if this is the last season of Working!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 11

Speedwagon Lives!

Also I feel like that woman that Jojo saved on the bridge will become important later on.

Thanks, my GOAT demands an avi. Names2hard4you resized and cropped the image for me.

Good job Names! Selected a great shot of them. :)

Cornbread78

I loved this episode, I wonder if the show is actually going to be able to keep it up, there's probably some darker scheme but right now it looked like an accident, I wonder how they'll use these events to create an entire second half.

Oh, speaking about predictions.

That
second group of kids looking for her is the interesting part. How do they fit into the story and are they could they have been sent by the scientists thar know something is up?
WTF is going on, uugghh..

Rokka no Yuusha 6

Is this a 12 episode anime? If so I don't think they'll get anywhere near end game. I mean it's based off a LN apparently, so it won't end. Fucking anime. Regardless somebody finally made the point of
why would the seventh allow them all to meet it would have been more effective to kill one

Charlotte 6

Maeda strikes again lol.😆

The funny thing is
how all of this wouldn't have occurred if the litte sister had listened and stayed home, but naw she ignored her brother.
Still I find it even more hilarious on how
a middle schooler pulls out a razor.
Like WTF, you're killing me.😂 Did this dumb brat think she would of gotten away with it?

This is some good comedy. Although I do want to know
what happened to Yuu.

kewlmyc

Rokka no Yuusha 6

Is this a 12 episode anime? If so I don't think they'll get anywhere near end game. I mean it's based off a LN apparently, so it won't end. Fucking anime. Regardless somebody finally made the point of
why would the seventh allow them all to meet it would have been more effective to kill one

Apparently so. If the Crunchyroll contest is anything to go by, the seventh will be revealed by end of the season, which is where the 1st novel ends.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Charlotte Episode 6:

Oh hey, something finally happened
and it is as we expected, seemingly all of it in fact. Also, the post-credits sequences seems to imply that we may have lost the MC and I have little emotional resonances towards that.

duckroll

I was looking through the PV for the third season of Animator Expo to look for teasers for the upcoming shorts, and I came across something really interesting.

These are a bunch of mecha designs for the same short, showcasing mecha from different countries. The designs are all by Yutaka Izubuchi, and you can see his signature on the design sheets.

These production designs are also from the same short, indicating the setting as a sort of international robot expo fair:

But the most interesting design shot is one of a statue structure:

Looks familiar right? Probably the work of Kazuyoshi Katayama, since it looks so much like his stuff from Big O and Giant Robo. I suppose it's not coincidence that Katayama is also slated to direct an untitled short this season too. :)

Edit: I'm less certain about the characters here, but I think these are the characters for the same short as well, given that they are security guards, families, students, adult "otaku" characters, and businessmen. Seems logical for a short about a Robot Expo.

There's a very Ghibli style to the designs, and I think it could be the work of Akihiko Yamashita, who also worked with Katayama on Giant Robo. Thoughts?

Apparently so. If the Crunchyroll contest is anything to go by, the seventh will be revealed by end of the season, which is where the 1st novel ends.

This has to be worst part of the current trend of using LN as main source for new anime. Unfinished stories a-go-go.

Eh. I guess I'll finish the show, but I have no intention of reading the LNs. Also it's pretty damn obvious who the 7th is.

Working!!! 6

Too much Yamada, not enough romantic tension. Though male Yamada is pretty damn great. It really does say something about this show that even on these episodes it's great.

Eh. I guess I'll finish the show, but I have no intention of reading the LNs. Also it's pretty damn obvious who the 7th is.

This has to be worst part of the current trend of using LN as main source for new anime. Unfinished stories a-go-go.

You know, even in LN, Rokka no Yuusha's main story is never "beat the demon lord", even already 6 volumes right now.
They have bunch of troubles in each volume lol.

The whole series is a mystery novel, not just first volume.

You know, even in LN, Rokka no Yuusha's main story is never "beat the demon lord", even already 6 volumes right now.
They have bunch of troubles in each volume lol.

The whole series is a mystery novel, not just first volume.

again I'm not THAT invested in the show. I think I was only ever so invested in one show, the one with the fox, and I still decided against buying the LNs because I didn't care enough.

Mailbox

Seriously, they redub it for bluray release? Seems like a waste since I hear the simucast dubs are rather good.

some of them are, yeah
but there are a few where you can tell that it was a bit of a rush job (i tried watching the simul-dub of death parade and just had to stop because of the tin can delivery of the lines)

I mean, I could be wrong about the whole re-dubbing thing, idk.

again I'm not THAT invested in the show. I think I was only ever so invested in one show, the one with the fox, and I still decided against buying the LNs because I didn't care enough.

I just saying Rokka end in first volume is finest one compare to other volumes(even not really that fine).
Basically each volumes ending make the anime very hard to fine a end way.

kewlmyc

Working S3 06

Is everyone in this show a moron? Actually that's a stupid question to ask. I wonder why Yamada ran away to begin with. I doubt it's anything serious.

Overlord 05

As I watch this I cannot shake the vibe that I'm watching an evil overlord in the beginning stages of his conquest, but he is significantly smarter about than your average villain would be.
Lol it's obvious that the " i want this box of jewels" means world domination.
And yeah his actions actually make sense because he is thinking before he acts. ( even when he acts based on his feeligns)

Momonga is a great character.

Do watch season 1 & 2

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You could look it another way and say only unfinished LN is getting adapted because of the potential for continued merchandising.

Qurupeke

Charlotte 6 10/10
I loved this episode. The show delivered. I was afraid that the whole thing with the sister would be a red herring. That one of the other girls would have the ability. That it would be another episode like the previous ones. I was wrong. SO WRONG.

The whole episode was just fantastic. That crazy girl with the cutter came out of nowhere and really surprised me. That bitch had such a crazy face. And then, the climax. The reveal of the ability was amazing and really well done. And it was a fucking poweful ability. The whole school building went down. I'm just completely amazed with this. And damn, the last scene was horryfying. It seems that imouto died. I wonder what happened to the main character. And that post credits scene was weird. Maybe someone with an ability saved them? I have no idea. In any case, I love the show now.

Charlotte spoilers

This pic http://i.imgur.com/oijKNLA.jpg
from the Opening shows a group consisting of 5 people who seem to be people with special abilities. They may be antagonists of some sort cooperating with the Scientists.
So far it seems
the guy who always gets wet and helps the Student Council to find special people is apart of that group
http://i.imgur.com/XD9WyXR.jpg.

Also the
girl from episode 6 who came running out from the black car is also apart of that group
http://i.imgur.com/ekzRrcF.jpg.
And maybe that guy who was driving the black car is also apart of that group.
Also that
guy in the middle of the group with the cane could possibly be Yuu's brother from his dream or something.

Got this from someone else.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 06

Hmm. Don't really know what to think about what everyone is doing. One thing to note is that Hajime is pretty much alone 24/7 now (except for Katze) while Gel and Tsubasa are always together. I expect this to all go sour but I can't tell from which direction. You have Joe, Hajime/Katze, Gel and Tsubasa, Rui and VAPE. Any one of those could cause something.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 06

Hmm. Don't really know what to think about what everyone is doing. One thing to note is that Hajime is pretty much alone 24/7 now (except for Katze) while Gel and Tsubasa are always together. I expect this to all go sour but I can't tell from which direction. You have Joe, Hajime/Katze, Gel and Tsubasa, Rui and VAPE. Any one of those could cause something.

Hajime is going to kick everyone's ass at the end.

I'm really interested in how they will wrap everything up.

Qurupeke

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 6

I wonder where this goes. Gel-chan is obviously going to be the villain in the end, but he's too good. I liked him a lot at this episode. I just can't imagine him being evil, even without realizing it. The question about his bubble was spot on though. He can see all the bubbles but still, we haven't seen his. Maybe he's a black or something new. Greys are also weird. Hajime-ssu seems to expect something to happen eventually. Maybe now that VAPE is on the move again... Also, I hope that Gel won't go against Hajime-ssu. His remark about Berg Katze was suspicious.

lonely

I was looking through the PV for the third season of Animator Expo to look for teasers for the upcoming shorts, and I came across something really interesting.

These are a bunch of mecha designs for the same short, showcasing mecha from different countries. The designs are all by Yutaka Izubuchi, and you can see his signature on the design sheets.

These production designs are also from the same short, indicating the setting as a sort of international robot expo fair:

But the most interesting design shot is one of a statue structure:

Looks familiar right? Probably the work of Kazuyoshi Katayama, since it looks so much like his stuff from Big O and Giant Robo. I suppose it's not coincidence that Katayama is also slated to direct an untitled short this season too. :)

Edit: I'm less certain about the characters here, but I think these are the characters for the same short as well, given that they are security guards, families, students, adult "otaku" characters, and businessmen. Seems logical for a short about a Robot Expo.

There's a very Ghibli style to the designs, and I think it could be the work of Akihiko Yamashita, who also worked with Katayama on Giant Robo. Thoughts?

I haven't watched any of this season of Animator Expo but this sounds perfect. Nice variety of mecha designs with some classic talent involved.

Rokka Episode 6

This show got real good. The actually placed a lot of doubt into the protagonist's claims making it actually seem like he could really be the seventh. It also helps that the other braves are more conflicted in their reasoning for who could be the traitor. The final scene with Adlet and Flamie was also suprsingly beautiful to watch as the art continues to amaze and Adlet's boasts of being the strongest are given more complexity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom