• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these. And slice of life too.

I am pretty open-minded.

Sol- try Barakamon which is a really solid and entertaining series. It's really heartwarming and hilarious.

Action- try Noragami which is a really solid and entertaining action anime. Season 2 incoming in the Fall.

Sci-fi- try Yamato 2199 though I haven't seen it myself but AnimeGaf loves it a lot.

I am pretty open-minded.

Here's one quick suggestion:

From the New World. If you haven't watched it, you must.

Noragami. Modern fantasy with great action and comedy.

I'd suggest Legend of Galactic Heroes, but wait for blu-ray for that one.

If nobody else has given you suggestions by the time I come back from running with my dog I'll write you more.

Crocodile

Dennis, if you haven't already, watch Space Dandy. It's a Sci-Fi Anthology series with a wide variety of different subjects and tones throughout its 26 episode run but its best parts represent some of the best modern anime has to offer. I guarantee you will find something, probably A LOT of somethings, you'll love <3

Thoraxes

savinganime48.jpg

savinganime49.jpg

good animes
Very nice pickups.

Now that I think about it having a bunch of moe girls beating each other up with Hockey sticks would be amazing. It would have two different factions going against each other.

Why hasn't anyone thought of this?

cj_iwakura

The Idolm@ster 24

So Haruka's either become a kidnapper or a schizophrenic. Idol life!

The melodrama is well done and all, and dat budget,but dammit, the show's never better than when it's all-out insanity.

Saudades

Hey Dennis, you know what's a good show? Shin Mazinger Z. Seriously, check out its OP.
Jam Project OPs are always a delight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIExWEF8qK8
There's a music video for Gundam 30th Anniversary with Jam Project's Skill and it's one of the best AMVs I've ever seen, but too bad all videos of it got deleted/muted on YT.

I am pretty open-minded.
I think Patlabor Early Days OVA/1st Movie is a great mix of slice of life and action/sci-fi, with a ton of comedy too.

Narag

Lupin III: Steal Napoleon's Dictionary!
Third of the Dezaki Lupin specials, it's hard for me to make a call on this one. I'm one for three on liking which of these I've watched so far but I still have this narrow view of the franchise as I've mostly been exposed to the stuff Koike touched, the Masaki Osumi eps, and Miyazaki/Takahata green jacket eps. Not having really been exposed to the red or pink jacket series there's a lingering thought that maybe the specials that I just don't "get" are channeling some sort of tone I'm simply unused to.

Space Adventure Cobra TV 12
And so ends the arc about the Nelson triplets and the Nelson's treasure. Wasn't quite sure i followed the resolution but it was suitably pulpy enough that I didn't feel the need to ask too many questions.

Space Adventure Cobra TV 13

Looks like we're into episodic content. Should be good but I kinda liked how the previous arc built up how it did. Also Hammerblow Joe talking shit to Cobra behind his impenetrable glass wall only to have Cobra's punches finally crack it was the fucking best.

Shokugeki no Soma 2-3

I don't know what it is, but all this tension and dialogue about how tough a food-taster is followed by Soma immediately being all: "I GOT THIS SHIT" and cooking something that blows their minds is just so damn satisfying to watch.

All this creativity that he displays when he explains how he made the food is very entertaining as well.

This is awesome!

TUSR

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 2-3

I don't know what it is, but all this tension and dialogue about how tough a food-taster is followed by Soma immediately being all: "I GOT THIS SHIT" and cooking something that blows their minds is just so damn satisfying to watch.

All this creativity that he displays when he explains how he made the food is very entertaining as well.

This is awesome!

If you make it past the first episode of Soma, its a really great show.

Midonin

I know that Koji Kumeta did write a hockey manga before he tapped into his style of dark comedy. It was supposed to be a hockey manga. Eventually it just turned into a never-ending series of innuendos and puns.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
still need a hockey anime.
Closet we'll ever get is that jdrama Pride. Then again, considering how crappy sports anime tends to be, I don't know if I would care unless it was basically an anime adaptation of Pride or about the national women's team or something equally niche.

---
This is Dresden when he is writing his new novel.
qQnKZ58.jpg

On a side note, it's really weird seeing "anime" memes in real life. Moreso when it's a well known character wearing pantsu on his head taking deep sniffs in between typing his words in the next great American novel.

Cornbread78

Itazura na kiss ep. 18- End:
tumblr_mvg7g3taMd1rpose7o1_500.gif

I just gotta say a quick wow at this one. I didn't really know what I was getting into at first, but I jumped into it as a "romance" anime abd thought I'd check it out. Now after watching the series, I realize from the MAL that it is Shoujo, so it's geared towards women viewers, which makes sense the way it is presented. However, if you want a good love story, it's definitely a worthwhile watch through the 24 episodes (25th is you typical spin-off/add-on episode). As I said before, the fact that this one follows the couple from H.S and through college into adult life is awesome and really makes a difference in its presentation. At times, you really want to punch the MC in the face (Mr. Tsundere), however, the cute moments with the couple really stand out and they definitely go through a lot of character development. They also do an excellent job implementing real life worries and insecurities into the series to really drive home the feels from not just the main couple, but from those around them. There is comedy throughout since the heroine plays such a scatter brained character which keeps things interesting. There's some added drama from outside characters as well which can detract from the primary story at times, but in the end it just reinforces the fact that everyone is there for them and cheering them on. And my, the feels from those final scenes, lol. It's great! In the end, it is a heartwarming series and great love story. As I said, the genre isn't for everyone, but with the adult themes and the right amount of feels, I'm glad I was able to experience it.

Clov

Funimation's put up a listing for a premium edition of Free! Eternal Summer. Oddly enough, it mention that customers who buy it will get a discount on the OVA, meaning that they're selling the Free! Eternal Summer OVA separately. It's a bit odd, coming from them; that's something I'd expect more out of Sentai.

Game of Laplace - 01
Pretty much what i expected.

Solid first episode ... i'm actually liking the characters on screen and the way stuff was presented .

There is some serious potential here

WILL WATCH

Well, let me be honest.

I DID like Clannad a lot back in the day, I did. However now that a lot of time has passed, looking back on it I have noticed it does have a lot of flaws.

That doesn't mean I HATE the show in any way though. When I rank my shows, 5-6s are basically shows that I found some enjoyment in, but I'd only recommend to very specific people.

If you want my opinion on KEY shows in general nowadays, I'm a neutral party. I don't hate them, I don't love them, I'm mostly just indifferent now.

I certainly don't look down on anyone that enjoys KEY anime. In my opinion those shows have a lot flaws, but not so much for me to call them the worst things ever.

But honestly, there's not too many anime things that I hate in general. The only things I've seen that I've truly despised are Madoka Rebellion for destroying what I loved about the show and the Gundam 00 movie for somehow being an even more ridiculous mess than season 2!

But I digress. KEY anime isn't really for me anymore, but that doesn't mean I think their shows and their fans are the worst.

I... see...

Shokugeki no Soma 2-3

This is awesome!

The show is a fun watch. Hope you enjoy. Didn't know I wanted the show and love it so much until like 5 episodes in. After that I was hooked.

Gintama 156

This episode would really suck if it was the first one you saw or it was randomly on TV because you have to know the characters and jokes by voice only, lol

Amazing ending though, even though I saw it coming from a mile away

Midonin

I can see some tokusatsu (and magical girl) influence already. I don't know if I'd consider myself an expert on Japanese superheroes, but I'm pretty knowledgeable. So this is right up my alley.

But I'll be writing longer posts on GochiUsa S2 and Valkyrie Drive, most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom