• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
BLNkxlD.gif

In 8 minutes.

I got to watch a girl throwing condoms at students during her presentation.

Revealing herself to be wife of the MC.

Letting him suck her left breast.

And showing her uncensored nipple while he did so.

I'm actually sort of in a state of shock right now.

well I need to watch whatever this is

Didn't know that Viz announced that they are releasing Death Note on Bluray.

Sentai announced today that they got the license.

Death Note? On bluray? SQUEE A LOT

Suu a best!!

Clov

They are what!? Holy crap! I have been asking for years! Not as excited as I would've been several years ago but it's cool to finally see them do it!

I'd keep your expectations in check. There's no Blu-Ray in Japan, and I'm not certain whether Death Note was animated in HD or not. It could very well be that Viz is doing their own upscale on the title, and we all saw how well that turned out with Sailor Moon.

cajunator

Banned
you know what is a good show? Nozaki-kun. They should do a Season 2.

nozaki kun is legit amazeballs. There needs to be a Chiyo nendoroid I swear it would be the cutest thing ever.

I am a big fan of Fate/Zero and while I don't expect this to be as good as that, how bad can it be?

Well it has Shirou in it and thats as pleasant to deal with as a sledgehammer to the junk.

ibyea

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds 4-12 End
Show was extremely enjoyable. And while Ichinose Hajime is still for me personally an obnoxious protagonist, she is a great character and definitely subverts a lot of the "genki girl" stereotype. There are things she does that seems like she is doing without thought but in reality she has considered it rationally. She is a good person and does great stuff for her community. She is not afraid to question things that need questioning. All of these affect the Gatchaman veterans so that they became better people. Speaking of which, I really like the characterization and developments in this show. At first I thought many of them were just stereotypes and one note joke sort of characters, but the show really focus on the motivations behind each character. I thought one of the more interesting one was Rui, the creator of the social media Galax, the creation of which was driven by his idealism of making the world better, making everyone a hero instead of having a few individuals that people look up to.

As a super hero kind of show, I thought it subverted some of the stuff in a good way. While indeed Gatchaman do a lot of heroism themselves, a large part is focused on the heroism of the civilians. So it's not so much that people needed heroes to save them as it was that the Gatchaman were just one group out of many people that were vital to solving the situation. And indeed in the end when it seemed like all was lost
Rui uses the power of the internet to drive people to use their Crowds for good, and people all over the country solved the crisis with their own hands.
I also like the way
they revealed themselves to the world half way through. Indeed keeping their thing secret would have been to great detriments in solving the final crisis. It's the total opposite of the usual angsty super hero needing to keep secret thing, I love it.
Finally what I found really interesting is that Ichinose doesn't just think of eliminating bad guys. She tries to establish dialogue with them and see if there are ways to avoid the cheap violent solutions, or at the very least try to understand them and see if there are ways to overcome them smartly. It's quiet refreshing considering the first thing superheroes usually do to solve problems is to punch it away.

The main threat is the Berg Katze, and man is he a great bad guy. He is a pretty disturbing villain. The act he pulls is creepy, the way he takes other people's body, the way he contorts them, the way his eyes change to red/diamond pattern, the way he manipulates people to destroy themselves. He is nigh invincible too and just toys with people during fights.
The only one who can defeat him is OD and he barely pulls through, although he was holding himself back to stop himself destroying the world. He is still alive at the end and I can't wait to see what he does next.

As the show ended though, I asked myself, "that's it?" I know there is a season 2 coming but it felt like it just stopped, and not in a cliffhanger sort of way.
Is OD okay, for example? He looked like he was dying there.
Overall, great show, can't wait for season 2.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Show was extremely enjoyable. And while Ichinose Hajime is still for me personally an obnoxious protagonist, she is a great character and definitely subverts a lot of the "genki girl" stereotype. There are things she does that seems like she is doing without thought but in reality she has considered it rationally. She is a good person and does great stuff for her community. She is not afraid to question things that need questioning. All of these affect the Gatchaman veterans so that they became better people. Speaking of which, I really like the characterization and developments in this show. At first I thought many of them were just stereotypes and one note joke sort of characters, but the show really focus on the motivations behind each character. I thought one of the more interesting one was Rui, the creator of the social media Galax, the creation of which was driven by his idealism of making the world better, making everyone a hero instead of having a few individuals that people look up to.

As a super hero kind of show, I thought it subverted some of the stuff in a good way. While indeed Gatchaman do a lot of heroism themselves, a large part is focused on the heroism of the civilians. So it's not so much that people needed heroes to save them as it was that the Gatchaman were just one group out of many people that were vital to solving the situation. And indeed in the end when it seemed like all was lost
Rui uses the power of the internet to drive people to use their Crowds for good, and people all over the country solved the crisis with their own hands.
I also like the way
they revealed themselves to the world half way through. Indeed keeping their thing secret would have been to great detriments in solving the final crisis. It's the total opposite of the usual angsty super hero needing to keep secret thing, I love it.
Finally what I found really interesting is that Ichinose doesn't just think of eliminating bad guys. She tries to establish dialogue with them and see if there are ways to avoid the cheap violent solutions, or at the very least try to understand them and see if there are ways to overcome them smartly. It's quiet refreshing considering the first thing superheroes usually do to solve problems is to punch it away.

The main threat is the Berg Katze, and man is he a great bad guy. He is a pretty disturbing villain. The act he pulls is creepy, the way he takes other people's body, the way he contorts them, the way his eyes change to red/diamond pattern, the way he manipulates people to destroy themselves. He is nigh invincible too and just toys with people during fights.
The only one who can defeat him is OD and he barely pulls through, although he was holding himself back to stop himself destroying the world. He is still alive at the end and I can't wait to see what he does next.

As the show ended though, I asked myself, "that's it?" I know there is a season 2 coming but it felt like it just stopped, and not in a cliffhanger sort of way.
you should watch the director's cut of ep12 for the rest of the ending

Puruzi

Banned

Watch the directors cut of episode 12 right now

I'd keep your expectations in check. There's no Blu-Ray in Japan, and I'm not certain whether Death Note was animated in HD or not. It could very well be that Viz is doing their own upscale on the title, and we all saw how well that turned out with Sailor Moon.

And pulled back down to the real world. Thanks Clov.

I have to agree and it makes me sad. Mirai is so great herself. I wonder what happened with that show?

Kyo Ani is the Naughty Dog of anime. Great production values, but what they put out is boring as shit

They tried to get cute with the writing. Felt like it was trying to be too cool and edgy and in the process forgot about the plot.

At least they gave us Mirai which resulted in a lot of really cute cosplay.

Agreed so hard.
I enjoyed it still, though.

The action was so good. If the movie has good action scenes might be worth a watch for that alone. Just pains me what it could have been :/

Looking at the Aniplex USA's BD release plans for DRRR X2 right now, seems to look pretty good. Price is a bit of a turn off though, like most Aniplex products.

zulux21

I really hope this show is 100 episodes of goofy shit like Vegeta family picnic and Piccolo learns to drive, that would be amazing

from what we know it's at least likely going to be

random shit
battle of the gods in tv anime form
random shit
frieza movie in anime form
random shit
go to universe 6 for some reason and start the first real big new arc.

Are you implying that Etotama is bad? Pls go.
Well produced CG fights can't mask crappy humor that relies heavily on Japanese wordplay and culture as the punchline of the joke and nothing more. The good way to do that is with Joshiraku where Mizushima at least knows how to deliver humor whether I can understand it or not.

Also [best]Aoi[/best] is the best.
Currently at eps 62, fantastic show.

Ichigo x Aoi x Ran threesome is unstoppable
you are doing good but maybe prepare to get frustrated in the second half of that season.
Aikatsu! brigade must grow.

fuck skips.
138 was honestly the first time I've been mad at the show since Mizuki had a large part in it! You should watch the movie btw if you haven't already.

Cornbread78

Well produced CG fights can't mask crappy humor that relies heavily on Japanese wordplay and culture as the punchline of the joke and nothing more. The good way to do that is with Joshiraku where Mizushima at least knows how to deliver humor whether I can understand it or not.

It's a show that has fun at it's own expense, never takes itself too seriously and is a pleasure to watch. Is is great in story, art or character development? Nope, it's just a fun show to watch and was entertaining the entire season.

Syrinx

Also [best]Aoi[/best] is the best.

you are doing good but maybe prepare to get frustrated in the second half of that season.

138 was honestly the first time I've been mad at the show since Mizuki had a large part in it! You should watch the movie btw if you haven't already.
how much Kaede is in it?

It's a show that has fun at it's own expense, never takes itself too seriously and is a pleasure to watch. Is is great in story, art or character development? Nope, it's just a fun show to watch and was entertaining the entire season.
Nobody's saying a show needs any of that to be a good show, but every part that isn't the CG fights or mofus showing their butts is a load of comedy consistently falling flat on its face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom