• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feltrol

Banned
FUCK, so
imouto is dead, but Yuu lives
.... uuggh, plus the telescope is out now... uugghh

Well that's obviously how it was going to be. Did anyone
really think Yuu was dead?

Some people mentioned it but it was always kind of a strange theory.

What if
she isn't dead, but in a coma, or lost the ability to walk - those kind of things. Although her being dead seems the most possible one out of all.

What if
she isn't dead, but in a coma, or lost the ability to walk - those kind of things. Although her being dead seems the most possible one out of all.

wait we can make it more tragical , what if
she isn't dead but captured by the bad guys for experimentation ? and the cast can't save her or has access to her ?

Cornbread78

wait we can make it more tragical , what if
she isn't dead but captured by the bad guys for experimentation ? and the cast can't save her or has access to her ?

What if

I think you may both be right in this case.
She was captured and brought to a differnt hospital altogether for experimentation.

Joe Molotov

Oriemo ep. 1-3
Ok, so far, nothing offensive as of yet, some pretty funny stuff, but more like a SoL kinda show about an otaku lil' sister that likes " 'lil sister" games, lol. Only 1 panty shot as well, so I guess it gets much creepier later to make this so infamous. Either way, I heard S1 was worth it, just to abandon ship before S2...

Just make sure that if you're gonna watch Oreimo, watch the Season 1 OVAs. They's the best part of the series.

BlackJace

At last the plot is now cohesive.

Three friends each the head of a dangerous group that want the others stopped, yet they are ignorant to each other's involvement in said rival groups.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Oriemo ep. 1-3
Ok, so far, nothing offensive as of yet, some pretty funny stuff, but more like a SoL kinda show about an otaku lil' sister that likes " 'lil sister" games, lol. Only 1 panty shot as well, so I guess it gets much creepier later to make this so infamous. Either way, I heard S1 was worth it, just to abandon ship before S2...

And here we go. I can safely tell you that you will end up watching S2 too :p Don't take the show too seriously and just have fun.

Mandelbo

Oriemo ep. 1-3

For some reason I thought you'd already started watching this. From what I watched of S1 there wasn't anything too bad, save for a few bits that I presume hinted at what comes later
(There are a couple of bits where it's evident that Mr Protagonist is beginning to see his sister as more than just a sibling, for instance,)
but I only saw up to around episode eight and watched it quite a while ago, so my memory may be a little fuzzy. The sister getting her own
anime series deal
was my stopping point.

Conan-san

In response to the shitstorm surrounding Dragon Ball Super 5, Thomas Romain decided to drop some truth bombs on Twitter. Its probably stuff we in here already know but for those less well informed:.
And this is all true, absolutely, but Toei have somehow made an art (Yeah, I dunno ether) of making their half budged stuff look like it came out of the Newgrounds Obituaries,

Conan-san

I say it fucks off as early as the
Web Novel arc
because by that point it was clear that
Krino was going to get her way 100% of the time

Super dark :(

tumblr_mw4m6yBWH71smxplyo1_1280.gif

Jokes aside, it's fine. Don't scare Corn away lol.

sonicmj1

Clannad 15-16

FUUKO GO AWAY

I'm going to make these updates more frequent so I can focus a little more on the specifics, and less on the big picture storytelling.

6VwfiMY.jpg

For example: Tiramisu Juice sounds like the most disgusting thing you could get in a juice box. And that scene was really over-the-top.

I liked these two episodes more than the prior arcs because they didn't have a myopic focus on a single terrible character. The interactions between the main group of friends (Tomoya, Nagisa, Sunohara and Kyou) have always been tolerable at worst, and here they more or less take center stage, particularly with the basketball game. The game itself was a great mix of Kyoto Animation's stellar production values and a decent emotional core that tries to justify all the times characters do arbitrary unrelated things to achieve specific goals. I think there was something to be desired in the vocal delivery of Tomoya's thoughts as he was falling, but it still paid off well.

jsdxG31.jpg
TNLIAYZ.jpg

The comedy only works for me on rare occasions (like the hot dog flopping from Sunohara's nose in the first picture just kind of bothered me), but the sequence where he pesters Tomoya about playing basketball was fun. I'm a sucker for those kinds of montages.

Nagisa's growth as a character is by far the best arc the show has going, because it's not tied up in tragic bullshit (By the way, yet another character with a traumatic accident in their past was introduced in these episodes. That makes four at this point?). She's innocent and naive almost to the point that it stretches credibility, but she's not reduced to a few basic punchlines. And the good thing about these episodes is that they show the downside of her self-effacing nature. It's an actual human story, for once. Seeing her effect on Tomoya gives their relationship a lot of impact, and makes all the other one-sided romantic subplots seem even more unnecessary.

SoO2uhS.jpg

I really don't get what they were going for with the harsh, washed-out lighting in this scene. It gives it a much more oppressive feeling than its content requires. Was it just a corner-cutting thing (no background required) to make room for the nice basketball stuff?

Speaking of unfortunate side-effects of the show's legacy as a visual novel adaptation, the way music is used in the show continues to stand out to me as really out-of-place. It's generally in the more neutral people-hanging-out scenes where certain themes are reused over and over and over. Songs like this, this, and especially this, to name a few, come up constantly just to fill space. They don't really create much of a mood; it just feels like the creators are afraid of silence. It particularly stood out in Kotomi's arc, when one of those themes played during Tomoya's flashback to his past with her.

Vmc14Yf.jpg

This also struck me as very visual-novel-like framing.

Mei is another completely uninteresting moeblob only distinguished by having a yellow ribbon in her hair instead of whatever other hair accessory female characters get tagged with.

While watching these episodes I realized that Kyou is voiced by Ryou Hirohashi, the voice of Yamada from Working.

My friend already started Season 2 of The Wire. I should get back to Season 4 instead of watching more of this.

Cornbread78

Clannad 15-16
Mei is another completely uninteresting moeblob only distinguished by having a yellow ribbon in her hair instead of whatever other hair accessory female characters get tagged with.

While watching these episodes I realized that Kyou is voiced by Ryou Hirohashi, the voice of Yamada from Working.

My friend already started Season 2 of The Wire. I should get back to Season 4 instead of watching more of this.

NO, You have to finish this and watch After Story, that is where the pay-off is... Seriously, it pays off in a BIG way.

Also, you mentioned the lighting, but if you link some of the lighting in the story, with the little skits with the little girl/robot there is a meaning behind it. Therea are so many small little details

I'm just bouncing between Mirai Nikki and Oriemo..

Mirai Nikki ep. 7-9:

My goodness there are a lot of "situations" in this anime. What a mess Yukii is in and the fact that Yuno is such a psycho is just amazing...

Also watched the opening scene from this again, she is amazing cajun, I'm pon the fence between her and the blue haired mage girl now...

tumblr_nqxyv8iT741urhzgto1_500.gif

tumblr_nsqrnuHgrM1r4vymlo1_500.gif

tumblr_nsq5joNzZX1thwuv8o1_500.gif

cajunator

Banned
NO, You have to finish this and watch After Story, that is where the pay-off is... Seriously, it pays off in a BIG way.

Also, you mentioned the lighting, but if you link some of the lighting in the story, with the little skits with the little girl/robot there is a meaning behind it. Therea are so many small little details

I'm just bouncing between Mirai Nikki and Oriemo..

Mirai Nikki ep. 7-9:

My goodness there are a lot of "situations" in this anime. What a mess Yukii is in and the fact that Yuno is such a psycho is just amazing...

Also watched the opening scene from this again, she is amazing cajun, I'm pon the fence between her and the blue haired mage girl now...

tumblr_nqxyv8iT741urhzgto1_500.gif

tumblr_nsqrnuHgrM1r4vymlo1_500.gif

tumblr_nsq5joNzZX1thwuv8o1_500.gif

Yes yes. Believe in Rory!

My posts reguarding hapiness charge will contain spoilers, i'm a year late after all
Hapiness Charge Precure - 30

So , here i am , 1 year later finally watching precure again.

There are multiple reason why i stopped. The first is that i disliked that annoying love triangle , the second because , despite hime antics and cure honey prefectness , hapiness charge reminded me too much of heartcatch. So i decided to have enough episodes to decide whenever i should finish or not and then time passed. ( life's a bitch , after 10 years of non stop watching , just 3 week of me stopping made it so i couldn't resume viewing untill a year later )

But now's the time and let's go back .

I also watched ep 29 ; but it was really nothing but the forshadowing that queen mirage is actually good and that the true bad guy is that black shadow, considering the"reveal" that queen miracge was cure mirage before. ( a SHOCKING TWIST that was obvious since episode 16 at least )

I won't lie , episode 29 was boring ..but episode 30 ?
Happiness.Charge.Precure.30_01.jpg

Happiness.Charge.Precure.30_02.jpg

despair in my precure ? i'd take that , even if it's a few minutes
Now that's better ..
PHANTOM 's BACK ! and he wants to fight ! the best part is that he create cure lovely antagonist called cure UNlovely and start mindbreaking her.

Now that's what i'm talking about precure , it's just a shame that there was "conveniently" no one on the streets when they started fighting( why ??? ) but the treat was real..

Do i have to say that our heroine is saved by the power of friendship just before her defeat ? no ? that's expected ? it's obvious !

I know i know.
Happiness.Charge.Precure.30_03.jpg

Better effects than in dragon ball super

The animation was quite alright , it ranged from passable to good most of the time.. again it's a shame that every scene was void of public/passants/humans but i'll forgive it.

The shining make dresser is as lame as i thought it was making it barely better than precure 5 combined attack ( that one trully was lame )

All in one episode 30 was a good episode, and i'm glad i finally could resuming my precure watching.

Is there some backstory behind that show? I'd like to know more about it.

Actually what's up with those shorts in general? Do they get aired during commercial breaks or something?

What if

Someone in the Charlotte OT made a compelling theory, I think it'll probably play out like that.

Cornbread78

Friggen Crunchy, every Monday the same issue with Actually, I am. It was the same with Danmachi over the winter. It takes them like 30 minutes to actually get it running in English and watchable.... Well, at least the English subs are there, but it is still unwatchable...

Yes yes. Believe in Rory!

That middle gif with Kurebayashi is awesome, though; I wouldn't mess with her, lol...

Puruzi

Banned
My posts reguarding hapiness charge will contain spoilers, i'm a year late after all
Hapiness Charge Precure - 30

So , here i am , 1 year later finally watching precure again.

There are multiple reason why i stopped. The first is that i disliked that annoying love triangle , the second because , despite hime antics and cure honey prefectness , hapiness charge reminded me too much of heartcatch. So i decided to have enough episodes to decide whenever i should finish or not and then time passed. ( life's a bitch , after 10 years of non stop watching , just 3 week of me stopping made it so i couldn't resume viewing untill a year later )

But now's the time and let's go back .

I also watched ep 29 ; but it was really nothing but the forshadowing that queen mirage is actually good and that the true bad guy is that black shadow, considering the"reveal" that queen miracge was cure mirage before. ( a SHOCKING TWIST that was obvious since episode 16 at least )

I won't lie , episode 29 was boring ..but episode 30 ?

Now that's better ..
PHANTOM 's BACK ! and he wants to fight ! the best part is that he create cure lovely antagonist called cure UNlovely and start mindbreaking her.

Now that's what i'm talking about precure , it's just a shame that there was "conveniently" no one on the streets when they started fighting( why ??? ) but the treat was real..

Do i have to say that our heroine is saved by the power of friendship just before her defeat ? no ? that's expected ? it's obvious !

I know i know.

The animation was quite alright , it ranged from passable to good most of the time.. again it's a shame that every scene was void of public/passants/humans but i'll forgive it.

The shining make dresser is as lame as i thought it was making it barely better than precure 5 combined attack ( that one trully was lame )

All in one episode 30 was a good episode, and i'm glad i finally could resuming my precure watching.

HAPCHA SUX

Ibuki

Banned
Food Wars 1-4

I have read the beginning of the manga, but damn was I missing out! This show is so insane. I'm really enjoying how he can solve basically any problem with his crazy skills. This show also makes me really hungry.

sonicmj1

The parts with the girl and robot are very well-executed, even if most of the dialogue in them is the kind of abstract nonsense you find in JRPGs and MGS games. I've mentioned before how the fluid animation makes them stand out and feel very alien. The lighting in those scenes makes them feel lonely and oppressive in the way they're supposed to feel. Meaningwise, I can speculate some parallels between
the lights in the scenes and the lights that appear whenever Tomoya "solves" a route, and even the "world locked away from this one" that Kotomi's parents studied
, but it's too early to say. I don't mind them when they show up now that they're more infrequent. I'm sure there's a reason for them.

The lighting in the scene I made a screenshot of is just a scene where Kyou is calling Tomoya out to have lunch in front of her sister so she can make sure Ryou knows he's available. It's something he's a little uncomfortable with but not incredibly so. It stands out in a show that generally looks very good. You can even compare different presentations of the same room through the pictures in my post.

Hapiness Charge Precure - 31

This episode was mostly comedy and a bit a small feeligns toward the impressive yuuko

Happiness.Charge.Precure.31_01.jpg
Happiness.Charge.Precure.31_02.jpg

Megumi is still in hapiness mode despite te fact that A day has passed

The birth of a new friendship ? if it's yuuko and rice , everything's possible !!

Happiness.Charge.Precure.31_03.jpg

Happiness.Charge.Precure.31_04.jpg

That sad story was such a troll

IS yuuko happy as long as rice is involved in some way , lol ?
That rice hapiness song is still awesome .it's been a year since hearing it and i still love it !

Cornbread78

The parts with the girl and robot are very well-executed, even if most of the dialogue in them is the kind of abstract nonsense you find in JRPGs and MGS games. I've mentioned before how the fluid animation makes them stand out and feel very alien. The lighting in those scenes makes them feel lonely and oppressive in the way they're supposed to feel. Meaningwise, I can speculate some parallels between
the lights in the scenes and the lights that appear whenever Tomoya "solves" a route, and even the "world locked away from this one" that Kotomi's parents studied
, but it's too early to say. I don't mind them when they show up now that they're more infrequent. I'm sure there's a reason for them.

The lighting in the scene I made a screenshot of is just a scene where Kyou is calling Tomoya out to have lunch in front of her sister so she can make sure Ryou knows he's available. It's something he's a little uncomfortable with but not incredibly so. It stands out in a show that generally looks very good. You can even compare different presentations of the same room through the pictures in my post.

It is all explained in good time, it just takes a long season 1 to get there. I mean, in my opinion, there is not another anime out there that spends an entire season based on character developement. There are some down arc in S1, but it all comes together with mastery by the end of it all.

tumblr_inline_nhr6uuo8qI1qkol2d.gif

This isn't a spoiler, as it is a teaser image, but this is a good reference an rmeaning of light in the show.

JulianImp

While I know I might be peering too far down the rabbit hole, where can I legally watch Oreimo? I'd rather not subscribe to anything besides CR though, so I'd be fine with getting SD video quality if that means I can keep my budget in check.

cajunator

Banned
Ah, the good old "Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region."... While I love how most of the new shows are getting licensed in my region, older ones appear to be hit-or-miss.

Any other places where I could possibly watch it legally?

unfortunately its licensed by Aniplex so your only other options would be physical release.

Cornbread78

That's from episode 15.

That's not all, it's very important to remember those little skits.

Actually, I Am: (Jitsu wa Watashi Wa) ep. 6
tumblr_nsvs90ITgY1rmzw91o1_500.gif

tumblr_nsvrxsZOFe1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Damn, great episode. Good balance between, cute, funny and some character developement mixed in. Great new character as well, the "childhood friend" We finally get some insight into growing feelings on the otherhalf for once. Good stuff to see for sure...

Cornbread78

Ah, the good old "Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region."... While I love how most of the new shows are getting licensed in my region, older ones appear to be hit-or-miss.

Any other places where I could possibly watch it legally?

I just checked and it's on Hulu (free android app) as well.

Hapiness Charge Precure - 32,33,34,35

The innocent form are one of the LAMEST design change i've ever witnessed in a precure season.

I get the idea of inoccence = white = pure , almost like a wedding dress , but really ?
DO NOT WANT.

Such a tragic shame when the normal designs are superior

Yuuko best yellow cure ( NO CONTEST )

Shinsekai Yori BDs arrived!

I really like the case and disc art. Some sweet reversable cover as well. Good job MVM.

The cover and disc art is indeed very nice, but unfortunately the video quality is pretty bad. I actually took of my glasses while watching it so that I wouldn't notice it as much. Additionally one of the episodes on volume 1 has desynced audio. Very disappointing overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom