• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was planing on watching it tonight :( Surely it can't be worse than Gangsta ep 1 ?

I've read both Manga, while Gangsta is average Gate is really terrible. If you thought 1000 folded Nippon steal was annoying wait till you see all the nationalism and political bullshit in Gate. Plus A-1 are pretty much adapting 5 anime this season which will create some bad quality.

From what I hear the adaption is gonna follow the LN which has more nationalism compared to the manga so......

Lain

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace 1

I liked it.
Seems likea nice mystery show with a pleasing art style and the kind of main characters I can dig (talking about both the suspected kid and the young detective).
Also both OP and ED are nice.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace 1

I liked it. Seems a nice mystery show with a pleasing art style and the kind of main characters I can dig (talking about both the suspected kid and the young detective).
Also both OP and ED are nice.

Best show of the season thus far.

Syrinx

An animu DDoSer apparently

hJnoDsz.png

So...both?

Exalted

Dammit , not that it seem that both Gangsta and Gate have failed me. The last beacon of hope for me is GOD EATER, or i will be left with only watching smut shows for the summer.

Dammit , not that it seem that both Gangsta and Gate have failed me. The last beacon of hope for me is GOD EATER, or i will be left with only watching smut shows for the summer.

You have Ushio no Tora, Non Non Biyori, and Rokka.

About God Eater it might not turn out as great as you want it to be because of the Production schedule being delayed. It seems the first episode may not air in a long while. Ufotable are having some trouble.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You have Ushio no Tora and Rokka.

About God Eater it might not turn out as great as you want it to be because of the Production schedule being delayed. It seems the first episode may not air in a long while. Ufotable are having some trouble.

Unlimited Blade Works seems to have done a number on them.

javac

New Artwork:
TSUKIMONOGATARI Blu-ray Set [aniplexusa]
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: Japanese
Subtitles: English
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Release Date: 9/15/2015
Contents:
  • Episodes 1-4
  • Deluxe booklet
  • Pin-up postcard set
Special Features:
  • Textless Opening and Ending
  • Promotional Video
  • Commercial Collections
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $49.98
9zfmolA.jpg

Durarara!! x 2 Blu-ray Volume 1 [aniplexusa]
Run Time: 150 min
Audio: Japanese / English
Subtitles: English / Spanish
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Release Date: 9/29/2015
Contents:
  • Episodes 1-6
  • 16-page deluxe booklet
  • Illustration post cards
Special Features:
  • Pre-air Special Talk Show by Japanese Cast
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $79.98
UDIDJ3i.jpg

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Limited Edition BD Box Set 1 [aniplexusa]
Run Time: 420 min
Audio: Japanese / English
Subtitles: English / Spanish
Format: 5-disc set (4 BDs & 1 CD)
Release Date: 8/25/2015
Contents:
  • Episodes 0-12
  • First original soundtrack
  • 24-page booklet
  • Exclusive Weiss Schwarz collectible PR card
  • Rigid box
  • Clear BD Cases with 2-sided Wraps
Special Features:
  • Trailer/TV Spot/CM/PV Collections
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $179.98
lrNiOjA.jpg

2Y907Uy.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist The Complete Series [funimation]
Run Time: 1275 min
Episodes: 1-51
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0 / Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0
Format: 6-disc set (6 BDs)
Region: A
Special Features:
  • Episode Commentaries
  • The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside Look
  • Japanese Commercial
  • L’Arc~en~Ciel “Ready Steady Go” Video
  • Ura Hagane: Comedic Previews
  • Textless Opening Songs: Melissa, Ready Steady Go, Undo, Rewrite
  • Textless Closing Songs: Indelible Sin, To the Other Side of the Door, Motherland, I Will
  • U.S.Trailer
  • Trailers
Price: @ funimation.com: $49.98
3itvFiT.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist The Complete Series - Limited Edition [funimation]
Special Features:
  • Episode Commentaries
  • Japanese Commercial
  • L’Arc~en~Ciel “Ready Steady Go” Video
  • Textless Opening Songs: Melissa, Ready Steady Go, Undo, Rewrite
  • Textless Closing Songs: Indelible Sin, To the Other Side of the Door, Motherland, I Will
  • U.S.Trailer
  • Trailers
Price: @ funimation.com: $97.49
KSF1W3Y.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist The Complete Series - Collector's Edition [funimation]
Special Features:
  • Episode Commentaries
  • Japanese Commercial
  • L’Arc~en~Ciel ''Ready Steady Go'' Video
  • Textless Songs
  • U.S.Trailer
  • Trailers
Price: @ funimation.com: $247.49
RsxD7KD.jpg

uwmVRlF.png

Thoraxes

WHAT

Sunrise Reveals Classicaloid Comedy TV Anime for 2016
Gintama's Fujita directs slapstick music series about robot-like famous composers

The story follows high school students Kanae and Sōsuke, who live in a provincial town that is trying to revitalize itself with music. One day, suddenly "Classicaloid" versions of Beethoven and Mozart appear in front of Kanae and Sōsuke. When the suspicious-looking Classicaloids play music they call "mujik," it has a strange power: stars start to fall, and giant robots appear. Now every day is tumultuous. Eventually, more Classicaloids start to appear such as Bach, Chopin, and Schubert. What is the great power that the Classicaloids have? Are they friends or foe to humanity?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-classicaloid-comedy-tv-anime-for-2016/.90031

YEAAHHHHHHHH

zulux21

Dragon Ball Super is supposed to air soon but we've yet to really get any info on it. Do we have another Sailor Moon Crystal on our hands?

they aren't advertising it as well as they should but we have plenty of info regarding it.

I mean heck we have a solid idea of how the first 25 episodes will play out as well as details about what will go on after that.

I feel like this is mostly a case of it's dragon ball it's gonna sell we don't have to market it at all going on.

lonely

WHAT

Sunrise Reveals Classicaloid Comedy TV Anime for 2016

The story follows high school students Kanae and Sōsuke, who live in a provincial town that is trying to revitalize itself with music. One day, suddenly "Classicaloid" versions of Beethoven and Mozart appear in front of Kanae and Sōsuke. When the suspicious-looking Classicaloids play music they call "mujik," it has a strange power: stars start to fall, and giant robots appear. Now every day is tumultuous. Eventually, more Classicaloids start to appear such as Bach, Chopin, and Schubert. What is the great power that the Classicaloids have? Are they friends or foe to humanity?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-classicaloid-comedy-tv-anime-for-2016/.90031

YEAAHHHHHHHH
And just to point out its from the director of Gintama.

Szadek

The first episode of Gate was all over the place.Really bad first impression-
I will drop the show and ,unless tons of people recommand it, I will not pick it up again.

duckroll

And just to point out its from the director of Gintama.

Not only is it by the director of Gintama, but as I pointed out to Hosanna on IRC earlier, the news outlets reporting on it in Japan say that top artists in Japan will be doing arrangements of classical compositions as pop, rock, and techno tracks for insert songs in the show. It's going to be crazy! :)

Yeah no, I don't think I can handle Plastic Memories. It doesn't seem to be focusing on any interesting issue (such as why do the Giftia exist, why do they have such a weirdly specific time limit, etc...) and instead focuses on pedophile romance. Gross.

Opening: Another good song. This season is delivering so far.
Ending: Not my cup of tea. But it's not necessarily bad.

Boring as shit.

Think I'm going to catch up with the manga before even thinking of watching the next episode.

At least that's fun to read.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah no, I don't think I can handle Plastic Memories. It doesn't seem to be focusing on any interesting issue (such as why do the Giftia exist, why do they have such a weirdly specific time limit, etc...) and instead focuses on pedophile romance. Gross.

Are you watching a different Plastic Memories?

Your Lie in April 16 [REWATCH]

One of the best episodes in the entire show. The imagery is very well done. Lots of parallels drawn between many characters and a cliffhanger that when I first watched it made me want to watch the next episode immediately. So much was conveyed in this episode it was hard to limit myself from just posting six screenshots from the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom