• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classroom Crisis 01

Wow! This show is completely different from what I had in mind! I thought it was gonna be a slice of life but it all starts off with a kidnapping and a rescue mission in space, along with a huge plot twist right at the end ahaha. This one is a keeper!

Exalted

Watched episode 1 of Gate , wasn't as bad as some people made me think, it was actually enjoyable watching modern weapons completely own swords and fantasy weapons. Will watch more to atleast see the other world which was not shown at all yet, and to see where the story goes.

GATE 01

b5M8iY4.png

This guy is asking the right questions

If watching this show means that I'll see more orcs getting ripped up by miniguns I'm 100% watching this.

Neon-Truck in the ED is GOAT and Goth Lolita is best, fight me right now.

Syrinx

I wouldn't be surprised. I have seen people get remarkably obsessed after getting banned from some site instead of moving on with their lives.
They probably think everyone else is as obsessed with GAF as they are and think we can't live without it for a few hours.

Ranpo Kitan - Game of Laplace - 01

Not a bad first episode, I suppose. It's really just another murder mystery story with a slight horror tone, as the Ranpo name clues us in, It could be good or bad or just plain average, but hey, we are talking of anime here, beggars can't be choosers.

We have the protagonist that seems a potential diamond in the rough in terms of mystery-solving talents that has to discover who is the killer as he is being framed. He seems a sociopath, he didn't have any kind of problem in watching the corpse nor he acts normally. In fact I wasn't liking the visual trick of putting everyone in a shadowy silhoutte and then discovering them but then I understood it could be a way to present his viewworld: people are nothing to consider, just background shadows, he only sees real people who gets close to him.
We also have his friend as the "straight man", and the also senior high schooler but special detective that I suppose it's the detective genius archetype.

It's not perfect, the series goes too far away in explaining things and character's psyches through straight dialog instead of letting the viewer appreciate it with time. Oh yeah, and the token animu~ moment that was totally jarring with the rest of the series:

Trying the spoiler image feature (the dead guy, nsfw I suppose?)
ODM2mxF.jpg

Shadow people
67y8542.png

The club/house/base of operations is fairly striking
rR4bzBN.jpg

but apart from that most of the episode was done in boring backgrounds like the classroom and the police station.

It was a cold and lifeless afternoon in AnimeGAF. Detective Woofington walked in and saw people with shitty tastes.

My city. It bleeds. And I gotta help their shitty animu taste. One case at a time

Jokes aside when does the first decent looking anime air this season?

Mandelbo

Princess Tutu 12

And with that, I'm caught up and ready to move onto stuff I haven't seen before! This really does get vastly more engaging once it moves on from the more "heart shard of the week" format and gets into the meat of the story. Kraehe's proposition
is a dastardly trap - Tutu can't do anything about the shard of love since she cannot say she loves Mytho, so Kraehe's basically already won.
Certainly a great cliffhanger - also,
what's Kraehe actually planning, I wonder? She specifically called out Drosselmeyer to witness it, so it's probably going to be pretty big.
I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Yeah no, I don't think I can handle Plastic Memories. It doesn't seem to be focusing on any interesting issue (such as why do the Giftia exist, why do they have such a weirdly specific time limit, etc...)

I think it's fair enough that you don't like it, but the issues you pointed out aren't important to the story the show is trying to tell, nor were they ever supposed to be addressed. The reason for the Giftia's existence is an interesting but superfluous point within the context of the plot, and the time limit is already justified as a technical issue - there's really no need for it to go into any more detail than that because it isn't important.

and instead focuses on pedophile romance. Gross.

Uh huh.

Soma 14

Saying this was my favourite episode of this show so far would be an understatement. The way Soma handled adversity with such finesse was awesome. So glad this is a 2-cour.

It was a cold and lifeless afternoon in AnimeGAF. Detective Woofington walked in and saw people with shitty tastes.

My city. It bleeds. And I gotta help their shitty animu taste. One case at a time

Jokes aside when does the first decent looking anime air this season?

Well Soma started it's second part already...

Other then that, Charlotte starts up tomorrow along with a bunch of others. So I would say tomorrow is as good a day as any.

Well Soma started it's second part already...

Other then that, Charlotte starts up tomorrow along with a bunch of others. So I would say tomorrow is as good a day as any.

But Charlotte seems like it's gonna end up like Angel Beats though because of the 13 episode count. Plus I heard that Maeda Jun said that the first 6 episodes would be boring so it gives a bit of a bad impression.

Though I could be totally wrong and it ends up being good.

Shokugeki no Soma 14
fairly enjoyable episode. It was pretty exciting especially without any direct confrontation. The eyecatches being Street Fighter related was cool.

Classroom Crisis - 01

Ha, that douchebag transfer student might be fun to watch. I'm not really sure what the fuck this show is supposed to be, but I'll give this another episode to see how he'll interact with the others. I feel that Iris is female Inaho, rip.
Stitched together looks neat;

Rainy

Banned
Classroom Crisis - 01

Ha, that douchebag transfer student might be fun to watch. I'm not really sure what the fuck this show is supposed to be, but I'll give this another episode to see how he'll interact with the others. I feel that Iris is female Inaho, rip.

Yeah I thought the exact same thing lmfao.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma ep 14

That was the most intense omelet preparation I have ever seen, and this was one the best arcs in recent anime history.

Can´t wait to see what´s next, and that preview looked mighty interesting.

Cornbread78

Classroom Crisis - 01

Which streaming service picked this up?

Your Lie in April 17-18 [REWATCH]

Here we go. The performances in this show are some of the best parts of this show. The music speaks for the characters and there's a beautiful melancholy to that. Time for me to wrap this up. Four episodes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom