• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
so like this needs to become an anime immediately because it is absolutely amazing in every single way

CKpQXQUUkAAiLWF.png

I NEED IT IN ANIMATED FORM

fake edit: the thing is, there's an important distinction between using analysis of tropes and narrative conventions to surmise the demographics that a work is designed to appeal to based on what previous similar works have been popular with what demographics and stating that anyone who likes a work necessarily likes it for the reasons that the work intends to be popular or that it's necessarily a grave character flaw to like it for the intended reasons.

People should really just avoid mixing criticism and personal language altogether unless a work crosses the line from something you think is just dumb or encourages a lifestyle that you don't agree with into clearly immoral territory anyway. Most good people like some dumb things, and everyone is predisposed to be more forgiving of this or that if it appeals to them for a reason that transcends their usual critical standards. Even if a certain percentage of fans fit a stereotype, who cares?

But how can you foster good discussion without insulting people who like things you don't like in some capacity?

Sarcasm aside, I'm not sure why it needs to be explained that insulting people is not how you foster good discussion.

If that was the case Youtube comments would be THE place to go on this planet for good and fruitful discussion.

Insults are not analysis or criticism, please do not try and obfuscate them in attempt to make them appear to be something that they are not. It's incredibly obvious and you will not fool anyone by claiming otherwise. (not talking about the quoted poster here)

We also shouldn't forget that plenty of shows have their quality 'established' on this board already and therefore it isn't necessary to elaborate much when I watch a new SAO episode and end up calling it a piece of shit. Though I fortunately won't ever watch that show again. But maybe I'll quote someone else's impressions and just call it that anyways.

That doesn't mean anyone going 'against the grain' is prevented from chiming in either though. If you actually manage to make a compelling argument for SAO that's more than appreciated. In fact, I'll shake your hand for doing the impossible!

Cornbread78

We also shouldn't forget that plenty of shows have their quality 'established' on this board already and therefore it isn't necessary to elaborate much when I watch a new SAO episode and end up calling it a piece of shit. Though I fortunately won't ever watch that show again. But maybe I'll quote someone else's impressions and just call it that anyways.

That doesn't mean anyone going 'against the grain' is prevented from chiming in either though. If you actually manage to make a compelling argument for SAO that's more than appreciated. In fact, I'll shake your hand for doing the impossible!

Love me some SAO, who cares if you all hate it. Your waifu is a horrid beast too.
Oh and your favorite anime sucks... well, unless it's Clannad, hehehe.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
SDBurton will love it.

Wonzo introduced me to this awhile back, and I will forever be in his debt because of it.

There's three works that I pray with all of my heart and soul to get greenlit for an anime.

1. Yuri Danshi

2. Yurika's Campus

3. Murcielago

Mailbox

Show's
Awfully
Overrated

considering the amount of shear hate it gets online, I'm not so sure.

I actually enjoyed watching them myself, even if each arc has their pretty glaring problems (still tough getting over how stupid the whole "asscrack solves the mystery" thing was in GGO)

Even with that said, conisdering the shear volume of anime i've watched over the past 20 months (seriously, everything on my MAL list (with the exception of 3 series) has been watched since Jan 2014) (for reference: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/a_mailbox ) I wouldn't consider it "bad" by any means.

Phatmac

Gangsta continues being great more flashbacks explaining it's tale while also dealing with the harsh reality of PTSD with Alex. The best moment was easily Nina and Nicolas being cute together. Sad that it probably won't get a second season since it isn't moeshit or pandering towards anime fans.

jonjonaug

Wonzo introduced me to this awhile back, and I will forever be in his debt because of it.

There's three works that I pray with all of my heart and soul to get greenlit for an anime.

1. Yuri Danshi

2. Yurika's Campus

3. Murcielago

I just want Yuri Danshi and Yurkia's Campus Life to actually get manga translations. Animes would be cool too.

Sterok

so like this needs to become an anime immediately because it is absolutely amazing in every single way

I NEED IT IN ANIMATED FORM

Heh, I recently started reading this. Very entertaining in its own messed up way. Though I imagine an anime version would end up heavily censored.

Quasar

Amagami SS ep.13-16
This time is was the arc with Nanosaki, the swimmer. It wasn't that sappy this time, but pretty interesting overall. At least there was no annoying narrator this time... Always good to end a festival episode in a hot tub, lol. She was definitely the aggressor in this one.

One of my favourites that one.

SDBurton

I just want Yuri Danshi and Yurkia's Campus Life to actually get manga translations. Animes would be cool too.

The fact that Yuri Danshi continues to get ignored while translating groups decide to waste their time and resources on subpar works irritates the shit out of me to this day.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Guy Ritchie you charming dog, what a fun film. Performances were on point, the dialogue made me chuckle often, and the editing was brilliant. All wrapped in a neat little package with a fantastic soundtrack. If you're a Guy Ritchie fan, or a fan of those old school groovy spying films before they became all super serial, then watch this. The biggest negative is that the plot isn't all that great, but scene by scene you won't care when everything else is fantastic.

8/10

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Rinne no Lagrange episode 1

Just saw this randomly recommended to me, decided to watch, which is dub btw. first of, very beautiful, love the character designs, the environments are pretty and the mecha is breathtaking personally with its very sleek look making it look great in 3D.

The visuals are great, the music is phenomenal so far, female protagonist in a more serious role and finally the dubbing has been pretty great so far from what ive heard, will continue with this.

Curse your toy collection and everything you stand for!

And I liked everything by Michael Bay. Yes, even Armageddon. Still need to see Pain & Gain but I heard it's awful.

What? Pain & Gain is arguably one of his best movies because it's SO fucking out there. It goes from kooky comedy to really fucking disturbing without you realizing it.

Kenstar

Just saw this randomly recommended to me, decided to watch, which is dub btw. first of, very beautiful, love the character designs, the environments are pretty and the mecha is breathtaking personally with its very sleek look making it look great in 3D.

The visuals are great, the music is phenomenal so far, female protagonist in a more serious role and finally the dubbing has been pretty great so far from what ive heard, will continue with this.

Tell me if the last 2 eps of 2nd season are worth watching, I lost track of the show years ago

Sterok

Aikatsu 118-120

They're getting rid of Yuu in a better way than Shion ever got. What an unfair world. Miyabi is alright. Another take on a traditional Japanese woman, and probably more traditional than whatever Sakura is. I do wish her naginata got focus in the dances though. I suspect she's someone I'll need time to really warm up to like I did with Yurika. That is a ridiculous amount of chocolate for just Soleil. Three whole trucks? Forget about eating that, they'd become fat before getting through a tenth of the stash. And it would just get bigger year after year. A small price to pay for an idol's popularity I suppose. Hinaki seems to be taking up Ran's fashion role and Aoi's niche of knowing everything. She's getting all the good stuff. Really nice underwater dance. The CG improvement is more in the background/environment than the dancers this time. I think this is the first time the show has looked at male idols (not counting rock stars and such). Poor Johnny. Less popular than the groundskeeper. Noelle somehow manages to be the third most important season 2 character still here. Maybe second depending if anything happens with Yuu.

Ran seems to be getting the short end of the stick this season again. I mean, Ichigo and Aoi were always bigger than her, and such they get plenty of extra scenes around the newbies, and Sakura is supposed to be closer to them, but she's only appeared in Soleil/group settings. Otome gets to pop up out of nowhere occasionally, and even Yurika got a significant episode. Ran is barely above Kaede-tier, who herself is basically Shion tier now. What a fall from grace. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to Hinaki in the future when compared to Akari and Sumire. I like her.

Dragon Ball Super 006

CMkRX3OUcAAw9eP.png:large

Yamcha confirmed to actually be super strong? Narag blown out

This episode looked way better then the last one...and there was no fighting in it. They have their priorities straight! I assume Kotaku won't make an article about Vegeta cooking Takoyaki!

SDBurton

This show has such a fantastic OP. Definitely in my top 10.

jonjonaug

The fact that Yuri Danshi continues to get ignored while translating groups decide to waste their time and resources on subpar works irritates the shit out of me to this day.

I feel ya. A really good translation of the first couple of chapters was produced years ago on the Yuri Project boards, but no one cared enough to edit/QC/typeset it so any concentrated efforts to scanlate it never materialized.

Basically what I'm saying is that yuri fans are total shits.

Kenstar

Ill be sure to tell you

Holy shit I almost forgot to bring up the OP, its fucking amazing, its visually fantastic and the song is just lovely.

I used to play that shit on my BRAND NEW Galaxy S2 720p AMOLED screen and be amazed

The 2nd OP's Single Album (Marble) has a live version of Try Unite with a great intro

Fox318

Charlotte Episode 7

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked how we never got to see
Ayumi's
body. Losing somebody in life like that is as cruel and fast as portrayed on the show.
Its never fair.

Only issue I had was why didn't Nao stop Yuu before he went on a violent rampage? Wouldn't that prevent him from living a normal life more than say cocaine? She could have appeared in the house to talk to him instead of watching him destroy himself.

Do tell.

And if things don't make sense, don't think too hard about it.

I assumed the whole thing would take place over about a week, but 7 episodes in they said they've been there 6 months. I guess 20,000 people are on life support systems all around Japan since they didn't all die from dehydration in the first few days.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I assumed the whole thing would take place over about a week, but 7 episodes in they said they've been there 6 months. I guess 20,000 people are on life support systems all around Japan since they didn't all die from dehydration in the first few days.

Some people probably did now that I think about it.

Charlotte 7

Aww the edge rubbing off on the MC. It was enjoyable episode
especially seeing the MC go crazy over a videogame.
It seems the show is shipping Yuu x Nao real hard.

Also the Pizza sauce jar is filled up.

JulianImp

Anime of the decade.

Well, the first few episodes made me feel like the show could've done a lot better if only it focused more on the world and how the players tried to cope with being trapped in a permadeath MMO, and also let Asuna be a decent character. But no, Kirito had to warp everything around himself and Asuna had to become meeker and more useless so that Kirito could be the one helping her. I don't hate power fantasies per se, but SAO went so far with the whole Kirigod crap that it was like nothing else mattered.

Then there were some ridiculous things the story did, such as Kirito giving a revival item to Klein only to never hear about it again which was a complete waste, and stupid stuff such as having the antagonist paralyze everyone while he fought Kirito. All that points to the fact that the show couldn't care less about anyone not named Kirito and kept trying way too hard to show him as a cool and awesome guy that got all the girls without even trying, which was lame as hell for me.

Mother's Rosario arc did flesh Asuna out a bit more and avoided focusing too much on Kirito, but even that couldn't offset the fact that by the time we got around to that part her character had already diven off a cliff from being a strong female to simply being Kirigod's loving waifu.

While I can't pretend that everybody else thinks like me, I try my best to make sure that others don't make the same mistake that I did when I watched SAO. The only good thing is that it let me know that I had to bail out of watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

Seriously, screw power fantasies about perfect MCs that get everything they'd ever want/need.

Rokka 07

This show is quickly becoming one of my favourites. That cliffhanger at the end though!! Aaaagh.

And just like that the Saturday stuff is over. Now on to Sunday's bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom