• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I can't wait to read your reactions to After Story and how you feel they play out the story as well as the content before it ends.
It's probably because of my own real life, but I was really taken away into the hurricane of emotions that it brings. I can say with certainty that it makes a difference on your own beliefs on family and love, especially on what those mean to you and what you've experienced.

I was too, and I never even really connected with Clannad. In fact I think i bailed part way through but gave AS a shot. And I cried lots. To the point of having to stop for a bit as there was a run of episodes that had my crying every time.

Despite other media almost never getting me to be emotional like that (I can think of like two occasions where non anime media has gotten me to cry) somehow anime makers can push my buttons with ease and this was the worst for that.

Jintor

Jojos s1 23

I'm very disappointed that Lisa Lisa got rused so easily.

Damnit, I think I hit the stretch where authors are like "Shit, we gotta cliffhanger every episode so the fans can't stop watching"

Jintor

JoJos s1 24

awww shit strongheim ya dun goofed

I know it's kind of what this series is, but does it ever stop being "Hah! You thought I fell for that? But actually, I already had this prepared!" "OHHH NOOOO- hah! Rused you! Actually, check this shit out I pre-prepared in advance of your preparation?"

also e25 OP has sound effects and it's really distracting

Risette

A Good Citizen
Erika from Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru. A Ufotable Umineko anime after that awful Deen adaptation would be great.
I'm going to be mad if ufotable's destiny really is adapting crappy video games and visual novels for eternity. what a waste of potential talent.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 13

So. Much. Posing.

Pretty sure this posing will be a thing if it's not already a thing that I have failed to notice.

Jintor

JoJos s1 25

That's not really the craziest shit I've ever seen in an objective sense, but in a weird way it's kind of some of the craziest shit I've ever seen.
Jojos goddamn rammed a guy in midair into a volcano with an aeroplane filled with piranhas!

JulianImp

グッド!

I never expected to see an anime adaptation of Chiru after hearing about how badly the Deen anime had bombed. It'd be great if they redid EPs 1 to 4 as well in order to fix some scenes that were screwed up in the first anime, but I'd be pretty happy even if we only ended up getting EPs 5-8.

Edit: No need to take things personally on SAO. While I'd never recommend the show to someone who asked me about it, it isn't like I'd say that anyone who enjoyed it has bad taste and should feel bad. I tend to favor shows that focus more on the characters than on the plot, which SAO lacked without giving me anything interesting to latch on. On the other hand, I managed to like Kill La Kill and JoJo alright despite how both series were primarily plot-driven.

JulianImp

I haven't seen any, but was one of the few apparently who liked the Deen FSN anime. So maybe I should seek it out.

It's fairly good until you try to solve the mystery. Then you'll find that there're enough incorrect representations of certain scenes that solving the episodes ends up being downright imposible.

Rhapsody

Banned
I would rather Ufotable do the fabled Tsukihime remake but I guess they're waiting for the game remake to come out.
They're (Type Moon) probably going to forever just make money off of Grand Order and stick with that :(

Kidding of course... maybe
I haven't seen any, but was one of the few apparently who liked the Deen FSN anime. So maybe I should seek it out.

Don't. Watch Deen's Higurashi if anything, but not Umineko. Especially if there's a possibility at another adaptation.

Welcome to my world brotha. SAO was awesome
(Go ahead AnimeGAF, commence the hate for three pages straight)

That's all it takes, lol.

Or Asuna x Kirito is a romantic couple.

Asuna x Kirito are one of my favorite couples ever. The whole thing is really a love story. It's touching, bro. I got mad feels.

I just got into the second arc. Things took a turn for the dark real quick. That son-in-law character is a world-class creeper.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Asuna x Kirito are one of my favorite couples ever. The whole thing is really a love story. It's touching, bro. I got mad feels.

I just got into the second arc. Things took a turn for the dark real quick. That son-in-law character is a world-class creeper.

The asuna X kirito is something that I feel is really genuine about the show and the show does a damn well job showing their *gasp* love for each other.

Rhapsody

Banned
Speaking of which, I hope besides a Satsuki route for a Tsukihime remake, that it'd have a "concluding" route that sort of finishes the whole thing off.

As much as I liked Tsukihime, I feel like it was missing something like that.
Even if Heaven's Feel wasn't my favorite, it felt nice tying everything up.

On topic with SAO, I still haven't finished off S1 and watched maybe 2 eps of S2. I really liked the LN way back (and still do). I feel like my dislike for the anime was from how it was adapted, seeing the flaws of the series when you're not reading it slowly, and also the fanbase and how big the series blew up lol

Jintor

there's two parts of SAO I like.

a) The storytelling style in the first half where it's almost Sandman style "here's some random stories set in this universe, and also this god-tier dude just turns up halfway through and solves that shit but it's kinda interesting sometimes"

b) Asuna pre-s2

a) the animation is really good

b)
aa9rq.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tsukihime isn't really material for a good anime though. Even the better routes have the main character inside one room for much of them.

He could talk while walking in circle :^)

Oh it's that time to talk about SAO again? Alrighty then
My favorite part from SAO
1. SAO arc adapted from vol.1 (minus the harem hijink)
2. Sleeping knights arc
3. Every scene with Klein

jman2050

I liked SAO when it was starting out and it was a nice adventurous romp through an MMO World. I mean yeah the show didn't really approximate the actual experience of playing in an MMO very well, often opting in favor of more general fantasy cliches instead, and it was riddled with harem nonsense from the start but it was fun nonetheless.

Of course then it got stupid and you all know the rest.

phaze

Parasyte was baaaaaaaaaaaad.

JoJo s1 26 -END-

I didn't foresee any of that, which makes it a pretty fucking amazing shonen. Jesus christ.

How could you not foresee
Jojo's severed arm soaring through the sky straight into Kars? Or the vulcano rocks ? Or that air pressure from vulcano would lanch someone straight into space ?
Predictable and grounded in reality.
picturezkzlm.png

Mailbox

a) The storytelling style in the first half where it's almost Sandman style "here's some random stories set in this universe, and also this god-tier dude just turns up halfway through and solves that shit but it's kinda interesting sometimes"

b) Asuna pre-fairy dance arc

FTFY
Jeez, them making asuna a damsel in distress character made me mad since i really really liked her in the first half of the first season.

Best part of SAO:

687474703a2f2f69312e6b796d2d63646e2e636f6d2f70686f746f732f696d616765732f6e657773666565642f3030302f3833382f3333392f3030332e706e67

This actually reminded me of higarashi when it happened and got me all intrigued and excited and then kirito showed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom