• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 01
009557wzupd.png

No flying limbs, barely any blood, trace amounts of despair, mc in internal monologue mode for 3/4 quarters of the episode. What a disappointment.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This is an interesting conversation since Parasyte is set to replace Sword Art Online on Toonami in October. For the record, I will take Parasyte so much over Sword Art Online any day of the week.

Saudades

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 01

No flying limbs, barely any blood, trace amounts of despair, mc in internal monologue mode for 3/4 quarters of the episode. What a disappointment.
Why are you subjecting yourself to anything Lynn Okamoto?
The anime is by ARMS too, so it's not like there's any merit there.

Parasyte had pretty good character design and Migi was usually very nicely animated. Combat was mostly a bore though with 2 people slashing at each other 'faster than the eye can see'. Oh and so many terrifying background CG people, brrr.

I really loved the first couple episodes, even though problems with the OST, transformation sounds and lack of characterization for the female characters we already visible. Unfortunately it just got worse in all regards and eventually I couldn't care about the story whatsoever. The only remaining bits I cared about were the dialogues between Migi and Shinichi.

Still can't believe just how damn underdeveloped Murano stayed. To think I defended her character at first...

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 01

but why

phaze

This is an interesting conversation since Parasyte is set to replace Sword Art Online on Toonami in October. For the record, I will take Parasyte so much over Sword Art Online any day of the week.

The amount of self flagellation you people willingly subject yourself to on a weekly basis is impressive. Respect.

Why are you subjecting yourself to anything Lynn Okamoto?
The anime is by ARMS too, so it's not like there's any merit there.

I don't even know who that is (manga's author?), I'm just a simple connoisseur of art.

It comes with MikeHattsu's seal of approval too IIRC so it can't be bad.

Ascheroth

I don't even know who that is (manga's author?), I'm just a simple connoisseur of art.

Yeah the mangaka. Also made Elfen Lied.
And: The Brynhildr anime adapts 100 chapters in 13 episodes. Take from that what you want.

Razmos

I just watched the ED for the first season of Symphogear again, and jeez, I forgot how dark that thing was. I mean the show was quite dramatic but it wasn't quite "naked, stitched up corpses" dramatic.

Saudades

The little sister thing in SAO is a little weird, but she's really his cousin, and that's legal in a lot of places.
Doesn't matter if it's legal, they try to play it off as a brother-sister thing in order to attract the crowd who has a thing for that shit and then do that as a copout so people think she has a chance.
But yeah let's not delve into it, we all know what happened last time this kind of topic came up.

Yeah manga author, who also pens such masterpieces as Elfen Lied.
We'll never see eye to eye.
image.php
image.php

Razmos

Hmm, would I have to watch any of the Fate/ series to understand Prisma Illya? it kinda sounds like it.

On a related note, is the Fate/ series good? I know my brother loves it but I have no idea what it is.

SAO could've slightly redeemed itself after the first half of S1 if the second one were about the struggles of regaining a normal life again. Muscles atrophy quickly when you're lying still. Being trapped in a motionless body for 2 years would mean you've hardly any muscle mass left and your circulation has gone to shit. So all these SAO survivors would have to go through rigorous physical therapy for a long time on top of dealing with the psychological trauma...

Instead Kirito wakes up and goes for a walk because LolKawahara.

Jarmel

Banned
It's funny talking about InouBattle mainly because the studio itself at these panels in the US never bring it up. Like they just never mention it at all. The only time it was actively talked about was at AnimeNext where Tattun was like "Oh right, we never talk about InouBattle. Well here's a giveaway from the show" and that's it. It's amusing when the audience was polled as to who actually watched the show, only like 10 people raised their hands.

phaze

It was that or resuming Mirai Nikki and the former is shorter. :p
Yeah the mangaka. Also made Elfen Lied.
And: The Brynhildr anime adapts 100 chapters in 13 episodes. Take from that what you want.

Prison School-like exquisite pacing ?

Yeah manga author, who also pens such masterpieces as Elfen Lied.
Art tier confirmed.

Hmm, would I have to watch any of the Fate/ series to understand Prisma Illya? it kinda sounds like it.

On a related note, is the Fate/ series good? I know my brother loves it but I have no idea what it is.

Fate/Zero is great. F/SN:UBW is hmmmm pretty.

Haven't watched enough of Ilya to give an informed answer to the first question.

Razmos

Just watch Fate/Zero. One and done.
Aha ok, I think that is the one my brother really likes, and he doesn't watch anime much so that's saying something I guess.

Fate/Zero is great. F/SN:UBW is hmmmm pretty.

Haven't watched enough of Ilya to give an informed opinion.
Hmm, I think I'll watch Fate/Zero and then decide if I want to jump into Illya or watch Stay Night.
Thanks guys!

I really liked InouBattle. I thought that it got quite intriguing by the end of the series with the other factions of supers and the characters starting to use their abilities to survive and stuff.
I'm guessing it's not getting a second season? :/

One complaint about the show though is the MC and his "darkness" ability, of course it's the weakest of the characters abilities, so he can pull off some "power of friendship" bullshit and overcome all limits like every weak MC ever.

BluWacky

What is universally considered good around here?

Absolutely nothing. Why would it be? Everyone has different taste in anime.

Don't get too wound up over people saying things you like aren't good (in an aesthetic sense rather than a moral one), or you'll just end up grumpy all the time.

SAO could've slightly redeemed itself after the first half of S1 if the second one were about the struggles of regaining a normal life again. Muscles atrophy quickly when you're lying still. Being trapped in a motionless body for 2 years would mean you've hardly any muscle mass left and your circulation has gone to shit. So all these SAO survivors would have to go through rigorous physical therapy for a long time on top of dealing with the psychological trauma...

Instead Kirito wakes up and goes for a walk because LolKawahara.

So 13 episodes of Kirito in physical therapy? They could have had a triumphant scene where he succeeds in shitting on a toilet by himself, after a few episodes where his sister (sorry: cousin) has to help him to the toilet and wipe him. Another trimphant scene where he takes a few steps without the assistance of his walker. Maybe a temporary setback for our hero where he falls in the shower and can't get up.

I would watch that.

Jintor

So 13 episodes of Kirito in physical therapy? They could have had a triumphant scene where he succeeds in shitting on a toilet by himself, after a few episodes where his sister (sorry: cousin) has to help him to the toilet and wipe him. Another trimphant scene where he takes a few steps without the assistance of his walker. Maybe a temporary setback for our hero where he falls in the shower and can't get up.

I would watch that.

In all seriousness, I would probably watch a decent anime about people in physical therapy after a VR MMORPG disaster. That actually sounds pretty interesting. When's the last time you saw an anime about physical therapy?

Jarmel

Banned
In all seriousness, I would probably watch a decent anime about people in physical therapy after a VR MMORPG disaster. That actually sounds pretty interesting. When's the last time you saw an anime about physical therapy?

I actually saw some artwork today on twitter about some LN or whatever revolving around a magical doctor. That would be a fun concept to do.

Mandelbo

The promotional artwork looks like two toddlers. Not sure I'm down.

I assure you it's not the kind of show you probably think it is. Kill me Baby is purely a bizarre comedy anime about assassins and ninjas - there's no offputting fanservice or questionable camera angles that I can remember. These screens I took a few days ago demonstrate what kind of show it is, I think:

It's certainly not for everybody, but if you like stupid humour based around stupid things happening to stupid people I'd give it a watch.

Jintor

I actually saw some artwork today on twitter about some LN or whatever revolving around a magical doctor. That would be a fun concept to do.

I still want that tumblr concept I saw about the Homeroom Teacher of like every cliche imaginable... the teacher who just wants to make sure his class passes his grade even though they're distracted by Magical Girl battles, Giant Robots, Yakuza battles, Romance, zombies, and all kinds of other crazy shit.

And he's just like "GODDAMNIT THIS KID HASN'T BEEN HERE IN TWENTY DAYS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom