• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
are kill me baby answers some sort of meme/joke I missed? It was largely panned when it aired here and then forgotten until recently

image.php

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Kill Me Baby is a lot better than Parasyte or SAO or Gurren Lagann? Maybe I'll give it a go.
Well considering putting your hand in an active blender in more enjoyable than SAO asking about any show being better than it is always going to result in a yes.

BGBW has been on board with Kill Me Baby for a long time. I'm not when when anyone else starting caring about it.
As you get older your tastes become refined. It just took a while for everyone else to grow up.

Well I just finished SAO season 1.

Wow what an emotionally-gripping roller-coaster ride. I can't believe the journey this show just took me on. From Akihiko telling the players they're trapped in the SAO world, to the fights against mid bosses and dark guilds, to Kirito rescuing Asuna and reuniting his family atop the world tree. That show hit powerfully on every level.

I need some time to properly process what I've seen. My emotions are all over the place right now. I'm so glad that a love as real as Kirito and Asuna won out in the end. They deserved it.

Damn, what a show.

Jarmel

Banned
Just finished watching God Eater ep 5. No way the episode was originally like that from a storyboarding side. They must be modifying the storyboards as they go along.

BluWacky

bojack horseman 1-4

if u can get past the first two eps theres a really fucked up and subversive show. holy shit

Trust me when I tell you you ain't seen nothing yet. It's a truly excellent show.

The only caveat I would add is that, although the direction is excellent, the animation itself is relatively uninteresting outside of a couple of episodes;realistically, however, I couldn't give a damn, the show is so good.

Branduil

What is universally considered good around here?

Baccano!
Bebop the Cowboy
Birdy the Mighty s2
Bunny Drop
The Eccentric Family
Fate/Zero
Flowers of Evil
From the New World
Garden of Sinners 5: Spiral Paradox
Gunslinger Girl
Haibane Renmei
Hyouka
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Kino's Journey
Kyousogiga
Little Witch Academia
Ping Pong
Sound Euphonium
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Space Dandy
The Tatami Galaxy
Time of Eve

Most Miyazaki films
Most Takahata films
Most Mamoru Hosoda films
Some Mamoru Oshii films

Of course, no one says you have to agree with the general consensus on everything.

wonzo

Banned
bojack 5

the letters & tape…

Trust me when I tell you you ain't seen nothing yet. It's a truly excellent show.

The only caveat I would add is that, although the direction is excellent, the animation itself is relatively uninteresting outside of a couple of episodes;realistically, however, I couldn't give a damn, the show is so good.
yeah i can't bring myself to expect much animation wise from american productions anymore :(

Just finished watching God Eater ep 5. No way the episode was originally like that from a storyboarding side. They must be modifying the storyboards as they go along.

Now I'm interested, could you elaborate on why you think that? The only thing that seemed off to me was the floor collapsing at the end since the previous scenes gave no indication that that there was a lake nearby.

Yeah like I said a few pages back, these scenes on this episode did not exist in the game at all. Or at least with this level of chaos and gore. The Alisa thing that is going to be shown next episode, if the audio preview is anything to go by though seems to be the same. They used this episode to not only set the stage for that plot point by showing the Black Vajra, but I think also to give more of a reason for Lenka to want to fight back.

Gbraga

Nyanpasu, AnimeGAF, haven't been around much lately. Let me just take a moment to mention once again that Gangsta is the best surprise this season. So gooooooood.

I wanna renegade down! Whatever the fuck that means.

Ushio finally wearing the clothes he uses in the OP, I assume we're having a main storyline sequence now. Finally!

Non Non Biyori Repeat is better than I expected when we first learned it wouldn't be a direct sequel, this model fits it perfectly. I love the subtle interactions between Candy Store and Ren-chon. AOTY 2015 right here.

Umaru-chan is also top 3, along with Non Non Biyori Repeat and Gangsta. I really can't agree with people saying how the anime only shows her as annoying and never likeable. I didn't read the manga, so that might be the reason, but she's so adorable!

Durarara still boring, Rokka still surprisingly interesting, Charlotte still dropped, started watching Shimoseka for real (up to episode 6), still don't get why people think it's funny, though I do like some perverted stuff, so I'll keep watching for that.

God Eater 5 was... unexpected. Just when I was starting to complain about the amount of talking, they deliver... that.

I'm ok with it. I guess.

Btw, isn't the Black Vajra's sound almost exactly the same sound you hear when you gain Insight in Bloodborne?

There are people who hate Hotarun.

Evil people do exist, I guess.

Jarmel

Banned
Now I'm interested, could you elaborate on why you think that? The only thing that seemed off to me was the floor collapsing at the end since the previous scenes gave no indication that that there was a lake nearby.

I'm willing to bet the original version of this episode ended with them falling into the river. It feels like they cut chunks out of the fight sequences such as when they initially were dealing with the two Vajra. The editing in the episode is all over the place in a way the previous episodes weren't.

Sterok

Aikatsu 124

Either I'm confused about the Starlight Queen timeline, or something screwy is going on. Mizuki/Ichigo had their face-off in September of let's say year 1. Mizuki won. Then comes September of year 2, where Otome won. Then we got to the end of season 2 in September, and no Starlight Queen competition. This year it came in the spring. So basically Otome was Queen for an extra 6 months or so without any competition, and no one said anything? Weird. Otome made good use of her manor. Shion continues to be best snarker. Sakura finally takes her overdue crown. Not like she had any real competition though.

Interesting note for people who tend to follow the R1 industry really closely. Former Bandai Entertainment CEO Ken Iyadomi is the Anime Consortium Japan (owner of Daisuki) producer for both Cinderella Girls and God Eater (and likely Concrete Revolutio). I recall that Robert Napton, former marketing director, was employed there at the beginning of Daisuki, so I ponder if Bandai Namco used their knowledge of the NA market for Daisuki/ACJ's strategy.

Regardless, I'm personally happy to see he's still working in the industry.

Cornbread78

Well I just finished SAO season 1.

Wow what an emotionally-gripping roller-coaster ride. I can't believe the journey this show just took me on. From Akihiko telling the players they're trapped in the SAO world, to the fights against mid bosses and dark guilds, to Kirito rescuing Asuna and reuniting his family atop the world tree. That show hit powerfully on every level.

I need some time to properly process what I've seen. My emotions are all over the place right now. I'm so glad that a love as real as Kirito and Asuna won out in the end. They deserved it.

Damn, what a show.

My man, I'm glad someone else enjoyed it. I can definately see it has some glaring flaws and has things that really turn people off to it, but I really enjoyed it greatly.

also:

all that Brynhildr talk on the other page. I don't remember much of it, but for some reason I think it had another "Manga" ending where the story was incomplete.

What is universally considered good around here?

Obviously pretty much nothing is universally considered good, but there are some titles that have fairly broad levels of love and support around here. Here are some I can think of off the top of my head.

From the New World
Eureka Seven
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Flowers of Evil
Space Dandy
Digimon Tamers
Ojamajo Doremi
Card Captor Sakura
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Hyouka
Fate/Zero
Baccano
Wandering Son
Mawaru Penguindrum
Nana
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ping Pong! The Animation
Shirobako
Mononoke
Mushishi
Princess Tutu
The Eccentric Family

Movies:
Wolf Children
Patlabor Movies
Miyazaki/Takahata Movies
Digimon Adventure
Our War Game

Honestly, there's a lot of great anime out there that you'll find a lot of love for around these parts.

Mandatory "Watch Hyouka!" comment from user with Hyouka avatar and all that. Battleship Yamato 2199. Barakamon. Fate/Zero. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Those are my picks.

EDIT: YESS Samurai Champloo is excellent too. The dub was so good. Also Shirobako is a good recommendation. I'll edit this post if I remember more.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well if we're talking movies then we can all agree The Laws of Eternity is one of this community's most beloved films.

I think the only anime that I have personally never seen get hate on here is Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. Otherwise every show has a dissenter and a champion. Everyone here likes vastly different types of shows. That's what makes discussions interesting on here. :)

I think the only anime that I have personally never seen get hate on here is Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. Otherwise every show has a dissenter and a champion. Everyone here likes vastly different types of shows. That's what makes discussions interesting on here. :)

Bebop has been hated on, though it's been a few years. And there are plenty of people who don't like various aspects of the first FMA.

The first FMA was okay, it had a few issues here and there. I wasn't a fan of the ending, but I guess that may just be my personal opinion. I much preferred Brotherhood. To me that one, although again it may have had some issues, it was great from start to end. Opinions :p Pretty sure there isn't a single show that everyone liked without any complaints. That doesn't mean the shows aren't good, it has more to do with everyone's taste being different.

Bebop has been hated on, though it's been a few years. And there are plenty of people who don't like various aspects of the first FMA.

Really? Bebop?

I was encapsulating Brotherhood when I said FMA. Generally people really like the show regardless if it's Brotherhood or vanilla FMA. People may voice certain aspects they don't like but I don't think anyone has gone so far to say that they dislike or hate it...

But then again I have only been here since 2012 so I could've missed something before then.

Cornbread78

Oh how could I have forgotten, folks around here for the most part loved SNAFU too, even though it ended on one heck of a cliffhanger.

yeah, still pissed at that BS cliffhanger. Of course, there isn;t enough material for a full third season, so who knows if they even adapt the last volume(s) uuggh...

Saudades

DTL didn't like Bebop iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom