• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

animegaf, nyanpazzzzzzzz

tumblr_ntjffm8eap1tydz8to1_540.gif

I wanna go home
VaBNcxc.png

Umarun was great, by the way, I wasn't very fond of Bomber at first, thinking he would just disrupt the good dynamic between them with his visits, but turns out he was a great addition to the cast, I love how he and Umaru get along so well, with no "omg you're the cutest marry me" bullshit.

Ore Monogatari was, uhm, interesting.
I'll have a really hard time dealing with her being a stalker, It'll be hard to take her seriously as a love interest
. And I miss Saijou-san already, bring her back D:

Oreimo SD - EP 13 (end)

NOT OVER TILL IT'S OVER

Whew! Finished Fate Zero

DID NOT END how I expected!

How the hell is this a prequel. Ok so thoughts

- How Tragic! Villian wins even though he gets defeated. The whole story is just fantastic. The true function of the holy grail was both compelling and terrifying.

Cannot grant unfathomable miracles but instead grants the twisted closest approximation that is thinkable by the wisher. Fucking brilliant twist. Totally expected him to succeed in destroying the grail but instead the grail grants Kirei's wish.... So sad man

- Excellent pacing, writing, animation, and combat. Delivered everything I enjoy in an anime in a mature and compelling form.

- Ok this is a weird one and might be something thats answered in the original. I might be overthinking it but what was with the identity confusion with Both Iskandar and Arthuria.... Jeanne D Arc, Alexander the Greats story not lining up and him not knowing why.

If they were taking a different interpretation to King Arthur then why throw the Jeanne D Arc loop in there.... Does she just resemble Jeanne or did some weird reality altering happen? Is Iskandar truly Alexander the Great? (Iskandar is my favorite character by far) UPDATE: Ok got my answer... how horribly diappointing. Would have been cool is Arthuria was actually Joan who stole excalibur lol

- Lastly the characters.... Talk about layers. Tragic souls being brought back from time again and again.

Sooooooo..... Fate Stay Night comes next? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh to watch or not to watch.... Apparently FATE/STAY night got a remake in 2014?

trejo

*browsing through Funimation's shows, trying to find something to watch, comes across Romeo x Juliet, watches a few episodes*

rxj_by_temari_fox.jpg

tumblr_mfrrxxJ4Tm1rkrs8no1_500.gif

This is good? Why is this good? The romance, art, and music are really of surprising quality. Also, Juliet is a warrior, Lord Montague is a huge dictator who seized power through spilling blood, and Shakespeare is actually in it, and they make fun of him.

Watch Gankutsuou instead.

phaze

Also use 2MB PNGs for maximum sell.

I shall amend the error of my ways.

Naruto Shippuden 426
Hello fillers my old friends
I've come to watch you again.
Because the canon stuff that is slowly creeping.
Left such a distaste when I was reading it.

Best character TenTen will finally be given the spotlight that she has been unjustly deprived off.

I shall amend the error of my ways.

Naruto Shippuden 426

Hello fillers my old friends
I've come to watch you again.
Because the canon stuff that is slowly creeping.
Left such a distaste when I was reading it.

Best character TenTen will finally be given the spotlight that she has been unjustly deprived off.

Good god Naruto is still going?

When I did my last skim/catch up of it...... lets just say I am beyond done with it out of respect for anyone who still enjoys it

This is super late because I just binge-watched all the Rokka episodes, but
Mora can't exactly check her own sign, considering that hers is on her back.
Makes her even more suspicious! Why put it so out of the way compared to everyone else?! So no one can suspect that she drew it herself!!
LOL nah good observation. Still suspicious of her though.

phaze

Whew! Finished Fate Zero

Sooooooo..... Fate Stay Night comes next? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh to watch or not to watch.... Apparently FATE/STAY night got a remake in 2014?

It finished just two months ago. It has a beginning ...

and an end. Which is more than you can say for 70 % of anime.

And it's really pretty and has better action scenes than F/Z.

in before cheeky mouths/CG/whatever else screencaps.

Good god Naruto is still going?

When I did my last skim/catch up of it...... lets just say I am beyond done with it out of respect for anyone who still enjoys it

The manga ended a while back, but I guess the anime has been trying to stretch it out for all it's worth with a ton of filler. Not that the canon stuff is good. The final battle in Naruto is pretty much my most hated part of the series. Especially in the manga where even the action is shitty and often incomprehensible (I imagine the anime does a better job due to color and animation, but I stopped watching it ages ago)

JulianImp

You're not finished yet.

NOT OVER TILL IT'S OVER

Is it that bad? I don't think I'd be getting anything too fanservice-y from what I've seen so far (even though OVAs don't have to abide by the same restrictions as TV broadcasts). S1 OVAs didn't do anything out of the ordinary, and to my surprise all the fanservice I remember was a single "boy trips and ends up groping girl by accident" situation and the accidental upskirt peek of Ayase that Kyousuke got on S2E11 (or was it 12?). I get that there's an elephant in the room that is the KiriKyou ship, but I don't see them going that far with it since this show doesn't appeart to have a raunchy tone that'd make for a disastrous combination with its siscon elements.

Also, where am I supposed to watch it if I end up going for it? CR doesn't have it, at the very least (them not getting the rights to most OVAs is one of the things I don't like as much, but maybe doing that's harder?).

e_i

iwxC9bo.jpg

1XZwkxh.jpg

KtavT4P.jpg

LWA Production report: Blu-ray is ready!

Hello everyone! Sorry for being silent since our premiere event at Anime Expo, and of course the tremendous delay on the rewards... However, we are making progress and I’ve got several exciting news to share with all of our backers today!

For those who attended our premiere event may already know, but it was our first time to actually view the completed film at the event as well. Yes… that’s how badly the premiere of the Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade was rushed. Since we felt that the film was not completed to our standard, we went on and reworked/patched up on quite the number of scenes that caught our attention!

So, what does that mean…?
The physical copy of the LWA will be a more complete version of the film, and we hope to provide a stunning presentation for both who have seen the premiere version and those who have not!

With the film finished, we are finally able to move on with preparing the rewards for our backers. I believe the most anticipated reward is the Blu-ray of the actual film, and I snapped a couple of pictures for our backers!

It's happening AnimeGAF! Physical LWA 2 awards are shipping soon!

Cornbread78

Himouto! Umaru-chan ep.8
tumblr_ntpranUatH1uw921mo1_500.gif

Umaru was a pain like normal, but always uses the cuteness as a way out of it, lol. Now the boss lady. Would be great if they gave big bro some love there. The only part that is a little big weird is why did the artist give the manager almost the same exact face as Umaru, but with a different color hair? It's almost creepy if they did decide to ship them... But oh well, big bro and Afro man have a good bromance, but he needs his big boy love interest too, lol.

See:

too similiar...

Gbraga

Umarun and Afro are so good together, haha, great gif.

About the similarities, yeah, they're reeeeeeeeeaaaally similar, to the point where seeing them side by side actually make them a bit less similar, because they looked exactly the same to me during the episode.

I'd expect them to make a comment on it at some point, either by him rejecting her because she's too similar or when someone comments on it to him, he says they don't look similar at all to him, and in his head the chibi Umaru with her dumb faces, or something like that.

Is it that bad? I don't think I'd be getting anything too fanservice-y from what I've seen so far (even though OVAs don't have to abide by the same restrictions as TV broadcasts). S1 OVAs didn't do anything out of the ordinary, and to my surprise all the fanservice I remember was a single "boy trips and ends up groping girl by accident" situation and the accidental upskirt peek of Ayase that Kyousuke got on S2E11 (or was it 12?). I get that there's an elephant in the room that is the KiriKyou ship, but I don't see them going that far with it since this show doesn't appeart to have a raunchy tone that'd make for a disastrous combination with its siscon elements.

Also, where am I supposed to watch it if I end up going for it? CR doesn't have it, at the very least (them not getting the rights to most OVAs is one of the things I don't like as much, but maybe doing that's harder?).

It's not really about fanservice, and personally, I don't even think it's bad for the same reasons most people do, actually, I just think it was poorly done. I don't mind the idea.

Kuroneko will be best girl forever, though.

JulianImp

It's not fanservice-y, but it's still horrible :p

It's not really about fanservice, and personally, I don't even think it's bad for the same reasons most people do, actually, I just think it was poorly done. I don't mind the idea.

Kuroneko will be best girl forever, though.

Can I watch this anywhere or should I just go read the synopsis somewhere like I did with the S1 OVAs? I've already watched both seasons of SAO, so I don't think a couple bad episodes of Oreimo will annoy me that much.

I kind of want to get a Kuroneko figure when I eventually go back to Japan, but that also reminds me that while I saw lots of non-articulated figures of the female Monogatari cast, there appears to be nothing out there for good old Kaiki except for a couple capsule toys. He deserves better than this...

jonjonaug

School Live episode 8: Uh...was all that original content really necessary? I'm hoping the episode 9 preview is fake just to mess with people.

Aku no Hana - 10

Oh right, this is supposed to take place in middle school, which is straight up laughable considering the actors and drawings thereof don't look anything like that. They should've changed that in this adaptation unless it's of vital importance later down the line.

Other than that, damn excellent show.

Squalor

Holy shit, Funimation is releasing Noein on Blu-ray this year.

Top-ten anime right there. So hype. That's going to look beautiful in high definition.

How is this news a month old and I'm just finding out about it?

Jarmel

Banned

Top-ten anime right there. So hype. That's going to look beautiful in high definition.

Noein is going to be an upscale.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyone happen to have an extra Crunchyroll guest pass lying around? I'm stuck bedridden out of town.

phaze

Anyone happen to have an extra Crunchyroll guest pass lying around? I'm stuck bedridden out of town.

Quote to see.

Anybody around here seen Gasaraki ? Looks fairly intriguing and promising but I'm not sure if its worth entering my backlog.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul 1-3

Honestly I'm not sure about what to think of this so far. The premise and setting is interesting enough but I find the MC to be a tad too whiny right now nor do I find any of the other characters to be that interesting so far. It also feels kinda rushed at times. Does it get better as it goes on or should I put off watching it for now or even drop it to save my time?

Please do yourself a favor and read the manga instead.

Narag

Anybody around here seen Gasaraki ? Looks fairly intriguing and promising but I'm not sure if its worth entering my backlog.

John Blade did a good writeup for it iirc. I think I've false started on it a few times myself as it wasn't the most exciting start. I intend to finish it someday though due to Ryosuke Takahashi being involved though.

I see he's doing series composition and script duties for Young Black Jack so suddenly very interested in that.

I began reading Tokyo Ghoul :Re yesterday after we had that brief TG discussion, and you know what it isn't bad. Not sure if I want it animated though lol.

VRMN

At the very least, this functions as a reminder for me to rewatch that series. I probably wouldn't go top 10, but top 20 for sure.

Gvitor

Angel Beats 03-05

By episode 3 I was thinking they'd stick to a formula, talking about a different character every week, and episode 4 (the obligatory baseball episode) stretched that thought further... up until the end when the
baseball dude didn't disappear.
Then episode 5 just abandoned this and focused on something else entirely. Which I actually quite liked. I actually felt bad about what they did to Tenshi. Kinda surreal that they never talked to her to try and figure out what's going on. At least that's the impression that stuck with me.

I really liked the humour on episodes 4 and 5. The two dudes battling amongs themselves in the baseball match was great and the song that played in slow motion every time someone got skyrocketed also made me laugh.

Music throughout the series continues to be great.

I'll have more free time starting tonight, so I'm hoping I'll be finished with this by the weekend. I talked to a friend that I started watching this, and he, having already finished it, told me the ending have nice twists, so now I'm curious.

Aku no Hana - 10

Oh right, this is supposed to take place in middle school, which is straight up laughable considering the actors and drawings thereof don't look anything like that. They should've changed that in this adaptation unless it's of vital importance later down the line.

Other than that, damn excellent show.

They can't really change that. High schoolers aren't nearly as shitty people as middle schoolers are. I don't think the series would make as much sense if it was set in high school instead.

Yeah, the characters look older, but anime middle schoolers always either wind up looking like high schoolers or six year olds anyway. There rarely seems to be any in-between.

original.gif

I'd like to think that Koyomi wouldn't go that far, but I could easily see him and Karen making mutual toothbrushing part of their daily routines after that.

Rest assured that the show was at its lewdest right there and it drops off really fast after that one scene. It doesn't stop me from recommending the series to just about anyone, though.

Well, I wasn't going to drop it anyway but it's nice to now that, though I had to take a little break from it. Also, until now one of the things that I've liked the most from this season is Kaiki, by far (and his awesome theme); which remind me of you mentioning him when you recommended the series. (no need for avatar quote here) I like him (as character, strictly platonic)

phaze

John Blade did a good writeup for it iirc. I think I've false started on it a few times myself as it wasn't the most exciting start. I intend to finish it someday though due to Ryosuke Takahashi being involved though.

I see he's doing series composition and script duties for Young Black Jack so suddenly very interested in that.

Found it. He doesn't sound very enthusiastic lol.

Cornbread78

Well, I wasn't going to drop it anyway but it's nice to now that, though I had to take a little break from it. Also, until now one of the things that I've liked the most from this season is Kaiki, by far (and his awesome theme); which remind me of you mentioning him when you recommended the series. (no need for avatar quote here) I like him (as character, strictly platonic)

That scene is about as bad as it gets. I mean, there are a couple other slightly "uncomfortable" scenes, but nothing nearly to that extent.

I believe the director was trying hard to express that Araragi was finally getting along with and had a much deeper relationship with his sisters since they were not really on good terms previously. However, I'll be damned if he didn't make that part super creepy and over-the-top, pervy just to accentuate Aragi's own pervertedness with all the other girls, lol.

Also, I really hated Kaiki during that segment; he was such a douche. However.... I'll say no more.

Ninja Slayer 20

This episode was alright because it had dumb fights like someone driving a motorcycle up a wall and the bad guy beating Ninja Slayer with his huge business card. Also the massive bad guy managed to get inside his helicopter despite him being bigger then the helicopter because he just teliported into it like a unit from an RTS game

And Ninja Slayer gets hit by a rocket and mid explosion sfx the episode just cuts to the ED. If this show was like this all the time it would be better

Ninja Slayer 20

Okay, that fight against Basilisk was actually pretty goddamn hype. This episode also apparently had the most Yeearts so far in the series.

Also, I think Nancy spends more time tied up in this series than she does walking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom