• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I wasn't exactly sure what to watch, and as such I had both City Hunter 2 and Giant Gorg in hand, but after watching the OP for City Hunter 2, a sense of excitement and happiness overcame my whole body and I knew at that moment that I'd be watching City Hunter 2. So here I am watching City Hunter 2, the sequel to the phenomenal City Hunter and I've just wrapped up the first 6 episodes, and man it feels great to be back.
rUOnXso.jpg
It's no secret that City Hunter is one of my favorite series of all time, and after finishing the fantastic Space Cobra I had an urge to go back to City Hunter and get some more 80’s in my system. In case you're wondering, City Hunter 2 is a TV series by studio Sunrise and directed by Kodama Kenji, who is known for directing shows such as Kekkaishi and Detective Conan Case Closed. Right off the bat the sequel clicked as I became reacquainted with the cast and crew. The first thing that you see is the intro, so I'm glad to say that the OP for City Hunter 2 is fantastic and sets the tone for the rest of your viewing experience. Its slick, it’s stylish, it’s awesome. City Hunter is back, and it’s fucking awesome.

City Hunter itself is a show the follows Ryo and Kaori, the duo who go around helping people, mainly acting as bodyguards when people feel like they are in danger. Of course, as the series progresses they find themselves in all sorts of situations and protecting all sorts of people. The dynamic between each character is what makes this show an instant favorite.

Episode 1 throws you straight in. Both Ryo and Kaori are on the streets looking for anybody who will hire them, since it’s been a month since their last job. However, as usual with Ryo being Ryo he's busy eyeing up all of the cuties. I've said this before and I'll say it again, nobody does character designs like Tsukasa Hojo, and man the girls in this show are stunning and absolutely beautiful. Ryo himself has a reputation of sorts, one of a sexual deviant and can often scare the female clients away, which is a shame since he only accepts work from females! Of course Kaori is pissed and scolds Ryo, which is also hilarious, seeing this hulk of a man beautiful man sulking with puppy eyes as Kaori pulls out a 100 ton hammer and smashes it in his face has me rolling and wiping my tears each and every time. The reaction faces in this show are second to none.
As Ryo roams the street he hears the distressed cry of a girl and saves her from a bunch of thugs. This must be his lucky day, right? Well it turns out that the damsel in distress is in fact only fifteen years old, ooops! What makes matter worse; she says that she wants to get married to Ryo because of some horoscope that she read. Ryo manages to run away but later gets a call for a job. The job in questions is protecting a cute model, mokkori! He thinks that the lady in questions looks hot too, but it turns out that the girl is the fifteen year old girl from earlier and she’s hired him to protect her. Makeup, a different hairstyle and a swimsuit goes a long way for Ryo. How cruel. He accepts the job, begrudgingly but as always Kaori is always watching, making sure he doesn’t lay a finger on her. The little brother of the girl also objects, convinced that Ryo has a Lolita complex. In the end it’s a hilarious episode with sweeter moments that reminds me just why I loved City Hunter so much in the first place.
Episode 2 continues the story as they figure out who is trying to kill her. The reason as to why she’s being targeted is apparently to do with her accidentally taking a photograph of him and thus he wants her killed and the negative. In the beginning, the girl lied about wanting to marry Ryo due to the fact that she didn’t want to become an idol, as her heart lies with photography but maybe as the episode progresses her feelings for Ryo become genuine? Another great, hilarious episode with a touching ending that managed to tear me up and for such a silly set-up, it manages to be mature and grown up, par for course with City Hunter I guess.
nScFvXh.jpg

The M&M's marketing continues. Some things never change.
In Episode 3, although the previous girls’ job is done and concluded, the man who wanted to kill her, known as Silver Fox is still on the run, and wants revenge on Ryo for making a fool out of him. His plan to get Ryo back is to target and kill his partner, Kaori whom he mistakes as his lover. Of course Ryo objects at the notion of being in love with her, and of course Kaori is upset and angry. The truth is, Ryo loves her, but tries to push her away since he feels as if he isn’t enough to protect her and doesn’t want to further endanger her, but she takes offense at Ryo, thinking that he doesn’t care for her at all. She tries to grab his attention by wearing sexy outfits, to which Ryo asks why she sounds as if she’s got a cold when she tries to talk sexy to him, and when she tried to do aerobics in front of him, bending over and stretching he exclaims that it’s a good idea to exercise because she’s gained a few pounds. I have to admit, the scene where she’s stretching in that leotard had me both laughing and aroused. You see, I love Kaori. I seriously couldn’t stop laughing, and it exemplifies just why I love this series. After going on numerous dates with other women in order to convince Silver Fox to stop targeting Kaori, he fails and Kaori is almost killed but it turns out to be a ruse. In the end, Ryo pushes Kaori away, firing her.
Episode 4 continues the story and although Kaori has been fired, she’s determined to get back, but whenever she’s snooping on him, he pretends to talk shit about her behind her back in order to further push her away but in the end she just becomes more enraged and decides to fight Silver Fox head on herself in order to prove her worth. In the end, maybe they’re both inseparable and maybe Ryo comes to terms with his love for Kaori after all.
In Episode 5, a novelist wants to learn more about the underworld and hires Ryo and Kaori in order to protect her. She doesn’t know that he’s the famous City Hunter himself and just sees him as an incompetent pervert. As she gets deeper into the world of Yakuza, it’s Ryo’s job to protect her.
Finally Episode 6 deals with a lady who steals a painting from a gallery. Apparently it’s a fake and she knows because her father is the original artist. As she is being chased by the bodyguards, Ryo bumps into her and saves her, inviting her over for some Mokkori time but of course their hunt for her and the painting is far from over. She’s really cute, but even Kaori admits that she’s a bit of a pervert. It’s a great episode yet again with everyone finding themselves in hilarious situations as always, for example Ryo convinces the girl that Kaori is in fact a boy, big mistake.
City Hunter is without a doubt one of my favorite shows of all time, and the sequel retains everything that I loved about the original. The characters are hilarious, with pitch perfect voicing all around from main characters to side characters, the set-ups are interesting and imaginative, the music is fantastic and it goes without saying that the series contains outstanding character designs. I couldn’t stop smiling and laughing through the whole thing and I’m glad that it’s back in my life. MOKKORI!

Russ T

Banned
Well, I wasn't going to drop it anyway but it's nice to now that, though I had to take a little break from it. Also, until now one of the things that I've liked the most from this season is Kaiki, by far (and his awesome theme); which remind me of you mentioning him when you recommended the series. (no need for avatar quote here) I like him (as character, strictly platonic)

Yeah, Kaiki Deishuu is by far my favorite character in the series, and his theme is absolutely perfect.

JulianImp

Well, I wasn't going to drop it anyway but it's nice to now that, though I had to take a little break from it. Also, until now one of the things that I've liked the most from this season is Kaiki, by far (and his awesome theme); which remind me of you mentioning him when you recommended the series. (no need for avatar quote here) I like him (as character, strictly platonic)

Just like every other character in the show, I feel like Kaiki was a really cool exploration of the anime characterization trope he represents (as a card-carrying villain). If you liked him in Nise, you'd better prepare yourself because he was just getting started there.

In spite of the fanservice, I can say that Nise was a really interesting season for the series because of how well it explored its main theme of comparing the worth of a genuine thing against an imitation. Nisemonogatari, being an Impostory, was nothing but lots of things that pretended to be something else; every character and story element pretended to be something it actually wasn't, and the cast was confronted with those lies and had to make the choice of whether they valued the fake enough to accept it, or if the right thing to do was to pursue the truth instead.

That scene is about as bad as it gets. I mean, there are a couple other slightly "uncomfortable" scenes, but nothing nearly to that extent.

I believe the director was trying hard to express that Araragi was finally getting along with and had a much deeper relationship with his sisters since they were not really on good terms previously. However, I'll be damned if he didn't make that part super creepy and over-the-top, pervy just to accentuate Aragi's own pervertedness with all the other girls, lol.

Also, I really hated Kaiki during that segment; he was such a douche. However.... I'll say no more.

I really liked his introduction and how well he worked as an antagonist for Senjougahara and Araragi as well as fitting the impostor theme, being a master scam artist.

I'm really looking forward to the next season since Monogatari's without a doubt my favorite anime, bar none.
Kizu when, though...

The first minute had me hyped. The diary used in episode... 3? Turns out to be written by a
turning Megu-nee
. Then the show goes back to normal as 4 girls with incredibly high blood pressure go about their lives. They stepped up the mystery in the later half of the show! Based Yuki delivers once again.
Did the outbreak start at the school? Was it an attack by a different country? Why did so few survive when so much planning had taken place? What's on the DVD?!?!?
preview gives away nothing about any of those questions.

Cornbread78

I really liked his introduction and how well he worked as an antagonist for Senjougahara and Araragi as well as fitting the impostor theme, being a master scam artist.

I'm really looking forward to the next season since Monogatari's without a doubt my favorite anime, bar none.
Kizu when, though...

Well, we at least get this fall, and hopefully more Araragi x Shenjou, but I heard Shenjou does not make much of an appearance, which is a shame because, this part should immediately follow the events after
they were almost killed by the snake God and Kaiki helped save them (which is why I liked the bastard in the end, lol) I was hoping it would cover events through their graduation ceremony, etc...

JulianImp

Well, we at least get this fall, and hopefully more Araragi x Shenjou, but I heard Shenjou does not make much of an appearance, which is a shame because, this part should immediately follow the events after
they were almost killed by the snake God and Kaiki helped save them (which is why I liked the bastard in the end, lol) I was hoping it would cover events through their graduation ceremony, etc...

I don't particularily care about the events that happen right after the medusa arc... as long as more characters manage to get good conclussions to their arcs I'll be happy.

So far I think
Hachikuji, Kaki, Kanbaru, Hanekawa and Yotsugi
got a satisfying conclusion to their respective arcs, but there're still many other characters that I'd like to see more of. Kizu getting SHAFTed is a real shame, since I guess that's one of the arcs that will focus the most on Shinobu (besides the Hachikuji arc she hijacked with her own story). The show has already explored Senjougahara quite a bit, but I agree that she still has some untapped potential remaining.

Naruto Shippuden 426

Hello fillers my old friends
I've come to watch you again.
Because the canon stuff that is slowly creeping.
Left such a distaste when I was reading it.

Best character TenTen will finally be given the spotlight that she has been unjustly deprived off.
Anyone else notice the roots of the tree took people several stories off the ground? When that thing breaks down its going to be raining humans, not ninjas.

John Blade

Quote to see.

Anybody around here seen Gasaraki ? Looks fairly intriguing and promising but I'm not sure if its worth entering my backlog.

Just finish watching the show few months ago and here is my impression about it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167104281&postcount=4043

My impression will give you a very good idea of what you're getting yourself into as this show is literally not for everyone and you will need a lot of time and patience as you're watching this so you can try to understand what is happening in the story.

For me, after few months after finish the show, I still think it's still fine and actually not bad but I guess I am those type of people who don't mind slow pacing story with tons of dialogue story-line with little action.

javac

I'm pretty sure that you was interesting in watching Flag too, did you end up checking it out or am I remembering incorrectly? I thought that it was very interesting and had a unique gimmick. My impressions

Cornbread78

I don't particularily care about the events that happen right after the medusa arc... as long as more characters manage to get good conclussions to their arcs I'll be happy.

So far I think
Hachikuji, Kaki, Kanbaru, Hanekawa and Yotsugi
got a satisfying conclusion to their respective arcs, but there're still many other characters that I'd like to see more of. Kizu getting SHAFTed is a real shame, since I guess that's one of the arcs that will focus the most on Shinobu (besides the Hachikuji arc she hijacked with her own story). The show has already explored Senjougahara quite a bit, but I agree that she still has some untapped potential remaining.

So far it's probably the only thing I'm really looking forward to with teh Fall season (well, more GATE as well as long as it stays as good as it has been, lol.

John Blade

I'm pretty sure that you was interesting in watching Flag too, did you end up checking it out or am I remembering incorrectly? I thought that it was very interesting and had a unique gimmick. My impressions

I am still interested in that show. Right now, I am trying to find the complete DVD of FLAG so I can watch it but from the look of it, volume 2 is the one that is rare to find and it's not cheap to get. If I can't get it on DVD, then I might download it and watch it then. If you're didn't notice, most anime I am watching right now is my Anime DVD/Blu-ray collection as I like to own it so I can watch it.

School-Live 08

The beginning of the episode got real creepy real fast. Slowly, slowly the most calm and collected character Yuuri seems to be losing her patience too. The reveal at the end was huge too. I mean was this thing targeting this city only? And if so why? And why didn't people do anything about it if it was known? So many questions.

phaze

Just finish watching the show few months ago and here is my impression about it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167104281&postcount=4043

My impression will give you a very good idea of what you're getting yourself into as this show is literally not for everyone and you will need a lot of time and patience as you're watching this so you can try to understand what is happening in the story.

For me, after few months after finish the show, I still think it's still fine and actually not bad but I guess I am those type of people who don't mind slow pacing story with tons of dialogue story-line with little action.

After experiencing certain shows, I'd like to believe I'm no stranger to slow pacing.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

Question, you mentioned a bit earlier before that review that the ending reminds you of TV EVA ending. Is it because of the focus on the mental state of main character/characters or maybe because it also leaves loads of plot threads open and unresolved ? Because if its the latter then I'm going to skip it for sure.

The Eccentric Family END

Well, that was really good. Glad I stuck with it. Looked gorgeous throughout and the plot was interesting once is started up, plus most of the character arcs were good and fulfilling. Solid watch.

Gintama 50

This episode was fantastic, by far the best since the hot pot episode. Gintama is always at its strongest when all the characters just randomly meet up play around with their character traits.
I'm actually think that Gintama is only decent overall (the comedy often falls flat for me and animation and aesthetics aren't winning any prizes either), but there are some high points every now and then.

Question for the future: Should I watch the Benizakura TV episodes followed by the movie or should I skip the TV episodes altogether?

PK Gaming

S2 Oregairu 10 - END

oregairu-8a.jpg

Finally got around to finishing this. It was good. Really good. This season actually had a pretty decent overarching plot, and I liked how everything came together by the end (or episode 12, rather), with special mentions going to Hachiman swallowing his pride and asking his fellow club members for help. The growth in his character in S2 has pretty much been the highlight for me. Tons of great moments (my favorite being his talk with sensei) and overall, the cast was a lot better this time around. I went from disliking the main protagonists and really liking the supporting characters to really liking both the main and supporting characters. I didn't really care about the Hachibowl so episode 13 didn't bother me in the least bit (this anime kind of pays lip service to harem genre at best... it's not really about who wins, though it should be obvious to everyone that Hachiman x Yukino is endgame). The wait for the inevitable S3 will be killer though.

So yeah, S2 of Oregairu was damn good. I seriously regret not watching it with you guys.

John Blade

After experiencing certain shows, I'd like to believe I'm no stranger to slow pacing.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

Question, you mentioned a bit earlier before that review that the ending reminds you of TV EVA ending. Is it because of the focus on the mental state of main character/characters or maybe because it also leaves loads of plot threads open and unresolved ? Because if its the latter then I'm going to skip it for sure.

Man...need to find that post and I need to remind myself the ending a bit. I won't spoil anything as you didn't see the show yet and don't want to give you a bad impression but I will say this.

Around the 3/4 of the show when you're following the two main characters in the show, you start to see their emotional metal state and how it affect them. You see a lot of this at the main female characters. This is important as something happened when one of the character have to go back and fight the main character again and both realize how they're in a way use as a tool and both need to fight together to end this battle.

I guess why I say it remind me a bit of the ending of Evangelion (I need to see that post), is the random fight at the end where you follow both main characters and found out the whole damn thing they're fighting in the beginning of the show and explanation about it. I guess the WTF moment when you found out might be why it remind me a bit of Evangelion near the end as it does have this feel a bit here. (Hope this make sense as I don't want to spoil the ending too much here without telling the entire story of it which is another thing to discuss if you have the chance to finish).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 8:

Well then, this took a turn for the Resident Evil, probably should have expected that at some point.

Cornbread78

S2 Oregairu 10 - END

oregairu-8a.jpg

Finally got around to finishing this. It was good. Really good. This season actually had a pretty decent overarching plot, and I liked how everything came together by the end (or episode 12, rather), with special mentions going to Hachiman swallowing his pride and asking his fellow club members for help. The growth in his character in S2 has pretty much been the highlight for me. Tons of great moments (my favorite being his talk with sensei) and overall, the cast was a lot better this time around. I went from disliking the main protagonists and really liking the supporting characters to really liking both the main and supporting characters. I didn't really care about the Hachibowl so episode 13 didn't bother me in the least bit (this anime kind of pays lip service to harem genre at best... it's not really about who wins, though it should be obvious to everyone that Hachiman x Yukino is endgame). The wait for the inevitable S3 will be killer though.

So yeah, S2 of Oregairu was damn good. I seriously regret not watching it with you guys.

I told you she is a douche.

Aside from that, there isn't enough source material for a third season, so at best we are hoping for a few OVA's or a movie.

Yui was my favorite going into it, but Yuki makes the most sense.

Sensei match would be incredible...

Oh and that cliffhanger was pure bullshit, btw..

S2 Oregairu 10 - END

oregairu-8a.jpg

SNAFU is excellent. Wonder when we will get another high school slice of life of the same quality. The gruelling 2-3 year wait for any sort of S3/OVA news is going to kill me. And I say 2-3 years because that's how long it took for us to get S2, and we literally nearly exhausted all the material that's out so far on the LN side.

Cornbread is never gonna get over the cliffhanger. Give the man
and myself
some closure goddamnit.

Chaos Dragon - 09

Now you listen to me you new little crazy brat. You do look promising on the entertainment scale so far, but you better not touch the only other somewhat entertaining character in this turd show. Are you trying your very hardest to make even me quit on you?
For a show that ends every episode with a kill sight on the cast, killing the same character twice feels cheap as fuck. What was that anyway?? Whatever I shouldn't even bother

good acceptable: zombie berserk mode, crazy sister, glimpses of backstabbing and manipulating
bad: everything else

JulianImp

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....pre-ordered.

Man, I wish anime had more sci-fi.

I wish sci-fi wasn't a dying genre, and the current big sci-fi scene wasn't just reboots/continuations of old ones.

Obligatory
image.php

Mainstream anime's too busy with school settings and harems right now, sorry. There's Classroom Crisis this season, even though it mixes sci-fi with corporate scheming and a school setting... which reminds me that I actually still haven't watched last week's episode.

phaze

Man...need to find that post and I need to remind myself the ending a bit. I won't spoil anything as you didn't see the show yet and don't want to give you a bad impression but I will say this.

Around the 3/4 of the show when you're following the two main characters in the show, you start to see their emotional metal state and how it affect them. You see a lot of this at the main female characters. This is important as something happened when one of the character have to go back and fight the main character again and both realize how they're in a way use as a tool and both need to fight together to end this battle.

I guess why I say it remind me a bit of the ending of Evangelion (I need to see that post), is the random fight at the end where you follow both main characters and found out the whole damn thing they're fighting in the beginning of the show and explanation about it. I guess the WTF moment when you found out might be why it remind me a bit of Evangelion near the end as it does have this feel a bit here. (Hope this make sense as I don't want to spoil the ending too much here without telling the entire story of it which is another thing to discuss if you have the chance to finish).

Alrighty thanks. This alleviates my fears a bit.

MaxiLive

S2 Oregairu 10 - END

oregairu-8a.jpg

I just finished this as well. It is going to be a hell of a wait :(

I'm not sure if it was just my subtitles or what but they are so extremely vague about what they are talking about which left me somewhat annoyed :p

S2 Oregairu 10 - END

oregairu-8a.jpg

You meant to say Hikki x Hayama, they both poured their hearts to each other in full understanding.

Sölf

Zetsuen no Tempest 1-4
So, I started watching this yesterday after hearing praise for months and months from a few friends. So far, I actually do enjoy it quite a bit, even though I would like to see more of the main plot instead of hadinv those flashbacks threwn throughout each episode. They ae not long and they do make sense, but they somehow annoy me and I don't even know why. D:

Also, I guess this has a recap episode, eh?

Exalted

Sölf;176738261 said:
Zetsuen no Tempest 1-4
So, I started watching this yesterday after hearing praise for months and months from a few friends. So far, I actually do enjoy it quite a bit, even though I would like to see more of the main plot instead of hadinv those flashbacks threwn throughout each episode. They ae not long and they do make sense, but they somehow annoy me and I don't even know why. D:

Also, I guess this has a recap episode, eh?

Zetsuen no Tempest

One of my favorite anime of all times :) And probably my favorite MC.
The main plot will start to ramp up shortly. If you like mystery shows this one is great.

You're damn right! It's unfortunate we have nothing to watch on it's caliber right now or may ever get. The debates here were great, lol.
Now you know the feeling. Now that you have watched something great on a day to day basis, and hit a cliffhanger that you probably won't see a conclusion to for the next while, it hurts. Probably the one thing that I hate the most about anime, even though I love the medium and I have been a regular watcher for years. It hurts even more when you watch something great, 3 years pass and you just see the producing company pumping movies and seasons for the wrong series. Yes I am talking about Hyouka/KyoAni. 3 goddamn years I'm not getting any younger over here people.

yes and no. It doesn't follow every aspect of it, but it follows the same basic idea of tragic romance.

It's only faithful in the vaguest sense. Just look at the anime's ending.
Romeo gets murdered by someone else, and Juliet sacrifices herself to become a magical tree.

Though it's a bad show for reasons other than diverging from Shakespeare.

It's only faithful in the vaguest sense. Just look at the anime's ending.
Romeo gets murdered by someone else, and Juliet sacrifices herself to become a magical tree.

Like I said. Tragic romance and star crossed lovers, basically that's it. But if you watch it you should think "I could see why it's Romeo and Juliet"

Gintama 50

This episode was fantastic, by far the best since the hot pot episode. Gintama is always at its strongest when all the characters just randomly meet up play around with their character traits.
I'm actually think that Gintama is only decent overall (the comedy often falls flat for me and animation and aesthetics aren't winning any prizes either), but there are some high points every now and then.

Question for the future: Should I watch the Benizakura TV episodes followed by the movie or should I skip the TV episodes altogether?

If you don't want to waste your time that much then just watch the Benizakura Movie instead, however if you do have some time to spare then watch both.

Also unlike most long running shows Gintama progressively gets better and better. Right now you're barely at the tip of the iceberg so it's just going to continue to increase in quality.

Nothing so far.

Chaos Dragon 9

tumblr_mk9efgrrx11r0ftodo1_250.gif

Why am I watching this? I could do so many other things with my life.

Like worry about why Amazon hasn't shipped my copy of The Phantom Pain yet.

I think Chaos Dragon is one of the better fantasy anime out there. The dragon dilemna, the Nil Kamui issue with the other nations, and then the cast being all brought together. Then the visuals, I love the motion blurring and the higher powered glares from the swords and what not. Its fun.

-Minsc-

Gintama 50

Either way is fine. I say watch the TV version then sometime down the road give the Benizakura movie a whirl. The movie might be a good way to transition between the first and second series.

Andrew J.

Ninja Slayer 20

This episode was alright because it had dumb fights like someone driving a motorcycle up a wall and the bad guy beating Ninja Slayer with his huge business card. Also the massive bad guy managed to get inside his helicopter despite him being bigger then the helicopter because he just teliported into it like a unit from an RTS game

And Ninja Slayer gets hit by a rocket and mid explosion sfx the episode just cuts to the ED. If this show was like this all the time it would be better

I know. Isn't it the best?

John Blade

Alrighty thanks. This alleviates my fears a bit.

I didn't say this on my impression but might be something to think about, don't watch this show back to back non stop. Watch 1-2 episodes and let it sink in a bit in your mind so you can try to understand what is happening. You will thank yourself for it.

javac

Some new artwork from Anime Limited (UK)
Anime Limited Q4 Releases:
009 Re:Cyborg : Collector's Edition
Release Date: 14th September 2015
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 104 min
Format: BD (£25.25), DVD (£14.00)
Contains the film in 3D, 2D with a whole disc of bonus content adding up to over 90 minutes of bonus features, collector's packaging and a replica of the Japanese bonus booklet!
Extras:
  • Teasers
  • Trailers
  • Promo videos and commercials
  • Special Prologue
  • Behind the Scenes
V4ayCZj.jpg

BPtRr3h.jpg

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: Season 1: Collector's Edition
Release Date: 28th September 2015
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Run Time: 275 min
Format: BD (£36.00), DVD (£25.25)
Contains Episodes 1-10 and the bonus OVA with both an English dub and Japanese original with subtitles on Blu-Ray in Collectors Packaging with a booklet.
Extras:
  • Clean Opening
  • Clean Closing
  • Bonus OVA episode
yl3dbYr.jpg

Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 - DVD
Release Date: 28th September 2015
Audio: English / Japanese
Run Time: 300 min
Format: DVD (£17.75)
Contains Episodes 1-12 with both an English dub and Japanese original with subtitles.
Extras:
  • Episode 4 Commentary (English 2.0, Austin Tindle, Brina Palencia, J. Michael Tatum, Mike McFarland)
  • Episode 12 Commentary (English 2.0, Austin Tindle, Monica Rial, Christopher R. Sabat, Mike McFarland)
  • Kaneki in Black and White
  • Japanese Commercials
  • Promotional Videos
  • Preview Collection
  • Textless Opening & Closing Songs
  • U.S. Trailer
2HwFRKR.jpg

Ping Pong The Animation: Complete Series
Release Date: 26th October 2015
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Run Time: 275 min
Format: BD (£41.61)
Contains the complete series in English and Japanese with English subtitles on Blu-Ray and DVD in collector's packaging.
Extras:
  • Collector's packaging
  • Clean opening
  • Clean Ending
  • Web Previews / teasers
  • Audio Commentary from US voice cast (Episode 1 and Episode 11)
28G8c3O.jpg

HZ43wDx.jpg

Baccano - Collector's Edition
Release Date: 28th December 2015
Audio: Japanese: LPCM 2.0 / English: LPCM 2.0
Run Time: 400 min
Format: BD (£36.00)
Contains all 16 episodes over 3 Blu-Rays, English dub & Japanese with subs in collector's packaging.
Extras:
  • Collector's packaging
  • Clean opening and closing
  • Trailers
LkqRUsi.jpg

LgTK4Vy.jpg

Narag

@TomAznable
.@discotekmedia IS PUTTING OUT CHANGE! SHIN GETTER ROBO ON BLURAY!

omgggg

edit: Venus Wars bluray in december too.

double omggg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom