• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kinda surprised we haven't gotten a sequel to Nozaki-Kun. It sold 10,000 units.

It's not like the show cost a lot to produce. It's not like it was like Gurren Lagann when the animators briefly had to resort to cannibalism to finish the first episode.

They adapted pretty much everything there was to adapt at the moment.

It's not like the show cost a lot to produce. It's not like it was like Gurren Lagann when the animators briefly had to resort to cannibalism to finish the first episode.

They would if there is enough material. I'm pretty sure it's coming soon. It depends on if they are going to adapt the chapters they did in the specials, which are some of the best. I hope they do it because the specials weren't as good as they could be.

Source - My ass but it's popular

It's a Monthly 4-Koma, shit takes a lot of time to build of backlog. Though they could just make a show about Tanukis.

Mailbox

Have you watched more or less anime online so far this year compared to 2014?

-Watched less-

But only because 2014 was kinda nuts for me and my obsession to binge.
200 series last year compared to just over 50 so far this year.

Have you purchased more or less anime so far this year compared to 2014?

-About the same-

So far. I may buy more later in the year.

If you stream anime online, does it make you buy more or less anime on DVD or Blu-ray?

-Buy more-

Since streaming is my main source of anime, everything (with the exception of 1 series) has been something i've streamed in the past (in 2014....)

If you said "buy more", which reasons apply?

-To be able to share with friends-

I have get togethers with a couple of friends and we watch anime until we crash. Its usually stuff I buy so that we don't have to worry about the stream screwing up, internet crashing, or quality issues.

-(other reason, please specify)-

Dat Bitrate
and commentary tracks can be a nice bonus :3

Articalys

Re: Trigger talk: am I one of the few people who liked Inou-Battle? It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was fun and held itself together fairly well for being yet-another-12-episode-adaptation-of-a-long-running-LN-series.

Quasar

Re: Trigger talk: am I one of the few people who liked Inou-Battle? It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was fun and held itself together fairly well for being yet-another-12-episode-adaptation-of-a-long-running-LN-series.

Probably my favourite Trigger show. Bummed I can't get a translation of the books.

Jarmel

Banned

It was fine I guess. I liked parts of it and disliked others. I wish they had done more with the visual direction but whatever. For a "We need to keep the lights on" type of show, it could have been much worse.

jbug617

Banned
It was fine I guess. I liked parts of it and disliked others. I wish they had done more with the visual direction but whatever. For a "We need to keep the lights on" type of show, it could have been much worse.

I felt that it ended when it was about to get good when the other crew that showed up.

Wow, whoever this Jun Maeda is, must be pretty bad if he is lower than Okada.

Not really I'd say he's on the same level as Okada (not to say that's any better), so no he's not lower than her.

Honestly though I don't even like Key that much pretty meh on it, but damn it sure does get a lot of hate here to the point it feels a bit excessive.

Narag

Watamote 12
MdZLuwal.png
Ended well enough given how strong personal inertia truly is. I do think this would have been more appealing had I watched it week to week with folk though as half the fun was certain viewers squirming at the show's wahjah hitting a little too close to home.

Watamote 13
OVA ep set before the series proper but I started drinking before i watched this so I think I liked it?

Quasar

Not really I'd say he's on the same level as Okada (not to say that's any better), so no he's not lower than her.

Honestly though I don't even like Key that much pretty meh on it, but damn it sure does get a lot of hate here to the point it feels a bit excessive.

Well they are popular so the hate is expected.

Cornbread78

Umm, yeah... "Keyshit" and SAO are the whipping boys of AnimeGAF, lol.

Ugghh

Instro

If we are really going to discuss the talent(hahaha) of those two, Okada at least has a few good works attached her name. Mostly adaptions of course, but the only decent thing Maeda can be credited with is After Story.

rrvv

I like Hestia and all but I have no clue why Chiyo didn't catch on in Japan (figures etc).

Chiyo is quite popular and have some merchandising. Thought you cannot really compare it to Hestia

If we are really going to discuss the talent(hahaha) of those two, Okada at least has a few good works attached her name. Mostly adaptions of course, but the only decent thing Maeda can be credited with is After Story.

I enjoy Little Buster Ex :/

VRMN

To be fair, I doubt Maeda was too deeply involved with the anime adaptations of his games (Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters)...of which he wrote some, but not all routes therein, though he was responsible for the main scenario for all of those listed. Anime-wise you can credit or blame him for Angel Beats and Charlotte, but he's not really an anime writer per se as much as he's a VN writer and composer. I haven't played Kanon or Air to completion, but in Clannad and Little Busters' cases, the games do surpass the anime in part because they lack the structural limitations an anime has. (Though I like Key in general; I don't think the games are so much better that they'd sway someone who thinks Maeda is a hack from the anime versions.)

Still, whatever you think of his storytelling ability, the man is a damn fine composer. He's written some truly excellent music.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I did not expect that looooool. This show is hilarious! Also, when the Blu Rays come out I think these guys are going to break some sales records or something.

phaze

I've only watched the first couple minutes of Kyousugiga so far, but it looks like a crazy over-the-top show that could go places. Still, I don't think I like its graphical style all that much from what I've seen.

If you're watching in it on Crunchyroll, don't start with episode 0 but with episode 1. The former will spoil a lot of things from the first half of the show. Watch it after you finish the series or after episode 6/7.

Discotek Line up

Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas Complete Collection
Release Date: November 2015
Format: DVD
u26eZZ1.jpg

I'll take it as a sign that 3rd and 4th cour are upon us. Based TMS.

Mailbox

just watched all the available episodes of Rokka.

while it has a lot of animation problems (that spinning camera part in episode 4 made me wanna vom due to the low amount of frames), but I'll be damned if this isn't super enticing and interesting. Great mystery, I honestly can't tell who's the fake.

Ascheroth

It's Tadokoro Megumi Friday again!
Best day of the week is finally upon us.
just watched all the available episodes of Rokka.

while it has a lot of animation problems (that spinning camera part in episode 4 made me wanna vom due to the low amount of frames), but I'll be damned if this isn't super enticing and interesting. Great mystery, I honestly can't tell who's the fake.
Yeah, that camera spin was brutal, wth where they thinking? But besides that and the CG-fiends, the rest of the show is so damn good. I hope it sells enough to warrant a second season. There shouldn't be a problem with the source material, since this whole season only adapts 1 volume and there are 6 out or something. Fingers crossed.

Rokka is proof that sometimes there are these hidden gems every season that you can only find by watching more than just the first episode. Show looked pretty generic at first even though I was interested. By the time I finished episodes 3 and 4 I was all in.

Russ T

Banned
Rokka is proof that sometimes there are these hidden gems every season that you can only find by watching more than just the first episode. Show looked pretty generic at first even though I was interested. By the time I finished episodes 3 and 4 I was all in.

I was in from the start because it's directed by Takeo Takahashi, who did Spice & Wolf and Maoyuu, two anime I ended up really enjoying despite initially being hesitant. (Especially Spice & Wolf.)

But yeah for sure it only gets truly good a few episodes in. First episode sets it up as something it's never going to be. Which is fine by me, because as much as I loved that first fight, the fiends are horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom