• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Did not expect a heavy metal ED song for Monster Musume, it's pretty catchy.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So many new shows I am interested in released today.

Monster Musume - Word of advice, if you live with your family, use a headphone. Quick summary: A guy need to live with a bunch of monster girls while avoid getting rape by those girls, or he would get jail for it. Now we know why couples never get past kissing, because breaking virginity count as domestic violence. This is just too good, AOTY, no question asked.

Non Non Biyori Repeat - This purify my soul awww

Overlord - It is interesting, too bad it is adaption from an unfinished LN. Good luck waiting for sequel if you got hook on this.

Aquarion Logos - WTF IS THIS SHIT! Aquarion used to be about giant robot combining and killing monster. Now it is for relationship therapist for antsy pre-teens. Luckily episode 2 will start a whole new storyline with completely new characters.

Along with Charlotte, Gansta, Ushio to Tora, and Gatchaman, this will be a happy season.

javac

I find that I hardly visit this thread these days, also unrelated but I have a huge ass headache, I also feel sick. That's my update for the week.

Arcadius

Banned
I find that I hardly visit this thread these days, also unrelated but I have a huge ass headache, I also feel sick. That's my update for the week.

Shame you don't visit the thread often anymore, posts are appreciated. Sorry about your headache, have a hug *hug*... Go take some ibuprofen or acetaminophen (Advil or Tylenol) ... something

ibyea

Banned
I heard. But for me, I think not having any of the other staff around allows the illusion of professionalism to be maintained without breaking the reality of what anime is right now.

What if someone made a show about making Monster Musume. Then they spent 20 minutes showing a girl lovingly drawing a Lamia orgasm face while the Seiyuu does her best orgasm read in the recording booth. lol

I would ask for a link to the kickstarter.

"Yes, could you do that again, but I want you to make it sound like you're on the verge of an orgasm but not quite there because of his inexperienced hands."

Yeah. :p

That would be quiet a show... XD

Cornbread78

MONSTER MUSUME ep.1
Well, that was actually better than I expected for a first episode. The MC has some balls, I guess, and I'm glad she didn't break "it" off, lol. The show also has some comedy mixed in with the fun; I mean, that condom scene in the love motel was pretty funny. What is going to be tough is that mith most harem animes, this is just going to be one massive blue ball series for our MC because of the stupid
"interspecies laws"
Looks like Smith will be trying to get hers though, lol.

MONSTER MUSUME ep.1
Well, that was actually better than I expected for a first episode. The MC has some balls, I guess, and I'm glad she didn't break "it" off, lol. The show also has some comedy mixed in with the fun; I mean, that condom scene in the love motel was pretty funny. What is going to be tough is that mith most harem animes, this is just going to be one massive blue ball series for our MC because of the stupid
"interspecies laws"
Looks like Smith will be trying to get hers though, lol.

Zombina is pretty much the best monster girl with Rachnera coming close second.

Also Suu is pretty great as well.

Puruzi

Banned
Zombina is pretty much the best monster girl with Rachnera coming close second.

m163hp7.jpg

cYkdbbl.jpg

edit: oh alright, I see that edit.

She's the best tho

OVER LORD - 01

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This episode .

If you don't already know i'm a MASSIVE Overlord fan.

Aside from the CG squelletons , the graphics were alright . Everyone voices is quite well done , especially shaltear. I expect much from her. Albedo didn't win me at first , but i 've got to admit that this is a fine choice considering what kind of range she'll have to take later.

They crammed as much as possible to explain the setting in the first episode , and we still are missing some key information. Hopefully more info dumps will be needed, especially for the end of the first arc.

Momonga voice is the right contrast of a normal guy voice forced to kinda act the "overlord " part out of his duty, the contrast is alright .
In short this first episode didn't do everything perfectly but it's a job well done. I hope that they will do like log horizon and explain part of the yggdrasill mecanics at the start of each episode. That's definitely the right course of action.

The opening is good .i like it. Music is alright ..it also confirm that the adaptation will cover up to volume 3...JUST AS PLANNED.
momonga.png

Can't wait to see this overlord in his quest
Loving it!

To be clear the yggdrasil rules and all the cool systems that comes with it make it as intresting to watch as LH. The "extreme evil alignment" just give it another flavor for those looking for another good take on the "mmo player , but not mmo anymore sub-genre"

javac

Some new art-work
Appleseed BD/DVD [Sentai]
Release Date: Sep 08, 2015
Run Time: 105 min
Audio: English: DTS 5.1 / English: Dolby Digital 5.1 / Japanese: DTS 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English / English SDH
Format: Two-disc set (2 BD 25GB, 1 DVD)
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $11.99
7tJRQKZ.jpg

PnMM8Vr.jpg

ARGEVOLLEN Collection 1 [Sentai]
Release Date: Sep 01, 2015
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Single-disc set (1 BD)
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $44.99
fC0k20q.jpg

9Ew59In.jpg

WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3 [Sentai]
Release Date: Sep 08, 2015
Run Time: 107 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Format: Single-disc set (1 BD 25GB)
Special Features: MINIPATO 1-3 (38 mins)
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $29.99
a0ej2FR.jpg

3P4tn3x.jpg

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust [Discotek]
Release Date:
Run Time: 106 min
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 lossless / Dolby Digital 2.0 high bitrate AC3
Subtitles: English / English SDH
Format: Single-disc set (1 BD)
Po2Rv6l.png

Persona 4 The Animation Complete Collector's Edition [Sentai]
Release Date: Sep 29, 2015
Run Time: 670 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Format: (BD + DVD)
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $104.99
kfmRSff.jpg

LSLjLf0.jpg

uV0daI3.jpg

Narag

----

Yamato notes
So I was a bit bored and decided to scrub through the end of Yamato again, and as the montage at the beginning of the movie kind of showed, Berger really did have a pointless Red Shirt "death" in the series at episode 20:

gkzBSekl.jpg

That's literally the last time you see him... and the way he unceremoniously disappears makes me wonder if they had the movie written all along and basically planted the seed there for his return in a post-Dessler/pre-finale context.

Oh I meant to respond to this earlier but I seem to remember what happened to Berger in the show since he just disappeared. I imagine they had some idea of what the movie would be about and this was left open-ended in case opportunity arose.

Also want to throw out how the dialogue choices in the intro are fantastic as they're superficially a recap of the show until this point but also function as a setup for the various thematic elements of the movie.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh I meant to respond to this earlier but I seem to remember what happened to Berger in the show since he just disappeared. I imagine they had some idea of what the movie would be about and this was left open-ended in case opportunity arose.

Also want to throw out how the dialogue choices in the intro are fantastic as they're superficially a recap of the show until this point but also function as a setup for the various thematic elements of the movie.
I think it works with bringing everything full circle. The Jirellan girl who basically wants to sex up Dessler has her own own in the show, but it's a bit shit that she dies loving the worst man in the universe. They make up for that by just having her entire species pop up out of nowhere. lol

javac

Shame you don't visit the thread often anymore, posts are appreciated. Sorry about your headache, have a hug *hug*... Go take some ibuprofen or acetaminophen (Advil or Tylenol) ... something

Thanks, it's strange but I never really take medicine, I guess because if I did every time I had a headache...I'd never be off of em haha, I always have bad headaches. Just going to sleep it off.

Narag

I think it works with bringing everything full circle. The Jirellan girl who basically wants to sex up Dessler has her own own in the show, but it's a bit shit that she dies loving the worst man in the universe. They make up for that by just having her entire species pop up out of nowhere. lol

Feels like she's sort of punished for not resisting since humanity survives only by doing so themselves. Accepting your fate and waiting to die is no good. rip

ckohler

All this talk of new shows has me curious.

I know there's Crunchyroll and Funimation for watching new anime. Which would be better to subscribe to? Does Crunchyroll have more?

Gatchaman Crowds - 4

Good episode. Character development everywhere, and things are getting more interesting now that it's clear on what's going on behind the scenes with the villain, Rui, and this whole GALAX thing.

Narag

All this talk of new shows has me curious.

I know there's Crunchyroll and Funimation for watching new anime. Which would be better to subscribe to? Does Crunchyroll have more?

If you're doing month to month, I'd imagine whichever service has the shows you're interested in is the way to go.

daveo42

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds Ep 1
Love the art syle, love the soundtrack, love how the story's been laid out, loved all the quick character intros, loved Hajime. I think I'm going to love this anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Feels like she's sort of punished for not resisting since humanity survives only by doing so themselves. Accepting your fate and waiting to die is no good. rip
I think it's a bit annoying that she dies for love and then he "dies" for love. It's such a ridiculous way to try to redeem villains.

It actually would have been nice for her arc if she ended up on the Arc at the end, come to think of it.

Narag

Captain Earth 2
I, too, wanted to see Daichi's boomerang.

Captain Earth 3
Teppei's arrival at the end of the episode is one of the coolest things I'd seen in recent memory. It was just as awesome as the first time I saw it!

Captain Earth 4
Malkin and Amarok inade GLOBE in a surprisingly funny manner. Ep was pretty straightforward and a breather for the most part.

Captain Earth 5
I figure the goal of this one was to help stabilize Teppei and tilt his character back towards something more human after Amarok's claim that Teppei wouldn't forget the freedom of being a kiltgang member coupled with the self-loathing he'd been enduring due to his unique nature.

Captain Earth 6
So both the Ark Faction and Interceptor Faction have plans that are both likely to end in humanity's near if not total extinction. At least that Salty Dog got a faceful of Daichi's boomerang.

Mushishi 11
Skipping ahead since this is mostly episodic and doesn't matter! Someone of a Princess Mononoke vibe from this one which I'll assume is both sourcing the same sort of folklore. Of the few eps of this I've seen so far, the truth behind Mujika's role on the mountain and Ginko's acceptance of the bittersweet reality of it all might have been the most tragic yet. Igaashi outdid himself with this ep.

Ojamajo Doremi 4
I think this is where I left off actually but hey, good place to return to. That said:
Mirabelle > Reanne > Dorie

Ojamajo Doremi 5
Too much Dorie focus in this one.

Sailor Stars 190
Outer senshi are back and as catty as ever. As such, the disdain Seiya & Haruka share for one another is palpable. I expected more given the ep was supposed to be about Seiya's past but there's always a chance I just didn't pay attention closely enough!

Sailor Stars 191
This episode was a return to form as all the goofy moments that made this show memorable returned after the past few eps of total drama. Still, the end game is right around the corner and it seems clear who Chibi Chibi is.

Narag

I think it's a bit annoying that she dies for love and then he "dies" for love. It's such a ridiculous way to try to redeem villains.

I don't mind that trope but it wasn't handled well in Yamato. My biggest criticism about the show (aside from balloon ship CG early on) was that it seemed like the Garmillians in general needed just a little more character development to better sell some of the angles presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom