• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Is the Order a Rabbit ep. 2-3:
I don;t know about this one guys, it's kind of boring. I mean, it has a couple funny and/or cute moments, but on the whole... I'm fading off into sleepy land...

blurr

Is the Order a Rabbit ep. 2-3:
I don;t know about this one guys, it's kind of boring. I mean, it has a couple funny and/or cute moments, but on the whole... I'm fading off into sleepy land...

Yea, I feared this might be the case, not gonna bother then :\

Lain

Only now learned about the Lupin III Avventura Italiana OST thing (that the Japanese version will have a different -the real, if we want- OST) and I guess that's also a reason why the episode felt lacking something to me so far. Looks like once it airs in Japan, I'll have to re-watch it.

phaze

And I didn't even get a chance to complain about the bath scenes in 3 episodes.... really?

How is Amagi Brilliant Park anyhow?
1442261521728qwkj3.gif
Decent. Quite a good ending too.

Jarmel

Banned
OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime [8-13] Fine Edition
http://webm.host/2434f/vid.webm
I have watched this scene over 10 times and I still can't understand some of what they're saying.
Meh is my initial reaction to all of this. The melodrama aspects of the show weren't compelling on any front so I'm glad that the show got rid of that shit before the finale. The climax elements itself were mostly fine to good range although I wish this had better animation (maybe better music too).
mVzch2B.jpg

Why is she stripping? Does she have a date with either Table-kun or Shovel-kun?
The reason behind Miku's drama was extremely rote but at least the pacing kicked in and it was resolved quickly. Tsubasa became more likable as the show went on, partially because I'm biased towards Nana. She does do the bitch characters well doesn't she?
Chris's issues weren't really that notable either. None of the serious components work which is why I think I enjoyed the finale as much as I did because they mostly said fuck it and did whatever they wanted anyway. Swan song consequences? Fuck it. Villain possessing someone through their genes? Fuck it. I enjoyed the show much more when it's just being stupid rather than trying to recycle stale Newtype themes of communication. So is there some deep Japanese cultural reason that it seems the Moon is always in peril?
I will say though that the villain conceptually was interesting as she does tie back into the language aspect in a rather profound way. Of course her being yandere for God was a little 'Eh?' but I think she tied the concept of communicating feelings through words in a rather tangible way. It's a good way to link back to Tsubasa and her working overseas with people who don't speak her language but Tsubasa still wanting to sing for them. That's it though as the show goes back to that dried up well of 'everybody can understand everybody' Gundam pacifist crap which got extremely old by the end of the cour, especially when Hibiki lets Fine
try an asteroid drop on the Earth
I hope the animation gets better in future seasons. While I do like the stylish attack frames, the animation quality rarely passed the acceptable phase. Plenty of off-model characters and weird expressions, not to mention lacking choreography and framing. I'm not a fan of how berserk Hibiki was animated as it feels lazy except for the final episode where there was some texture and animation to the shadow instead of a quick Photoshop job. Somehow the main character had the worst songs, which bugged me a bit. Aoi Yuki got overshadowed by Ayahi Takagaki and Nana Mizuki, as their songs had much more interesting compositions and different genres.
For an advertisement to sell VA CDs, it could have been worse I suppose.

Gintama 290

Good to finally get an episode about Mutsu and Sakamoto, of course not of the Joi War days because that will never happen

Mutu's previous occupation is hilarious.

How is Amagi Brilliant Park anyhow?

Sento's design is pretty good, I guess

OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime [8-13] Fine Edition

G is better.

Been wondering for a little while, Stroganoff = Symphogear?

Yeah

edit: lol rip

Baalzebup

I mean, I'm hitting F5 pretty often in this thread and we have a post and then have the guy get banned between updates? The internet is weird. RIP.

Cornbread78

Seitokai no Ichizon (Student Council's Discretion) ep 1-3:
Ok, this isn;t half bad as a comedy. Dude joins the all-female student council to build a harem? Now that is interesting. I hope they go back to the girl from teh first couple episodes because she is waay more interetign than the other, but oh well. I'll stop here for now.

RIN-NE Episode 25 – Target: Sakura
CPnNDPLVEAUQG-K.png

This episode was hilarious, espeically the life size sakura doll and the comments.

Rokumon too was good.

I cant wait for spring 2016, funniest anime this season.

Ascheroth

holy $hit, I watch the first episode of Amagi and it's Yuu arguing with Senjouhara..

You could also start watching Soma, so you're just in time for the final episode this friday :)
(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember something like you saying you're going to watch it when it's finished, right?)

Cornbread78

Amagi Brilliant Park ep.1:
Well that wasn;t so bad, the VA's alone had my attention in the first 5 seconds, lol. Not a bad premise, but we'll see where it goes from here.

You could also start watching Soma, so you're just in time for the final episode this friday :)
(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember something like you saying you're going to watch it when it's finished, right?)

Yup, Soma is on my waiting list for once it's done airing. I mean, I need something to watch this fall since there isn't much of anything else...

Amagi Brilliant Park ep.1:
Well that wasn;t so bad, the VA's alone had my attention in the first 5 seconds, lol. Not a bad premise, but we'll see where it goes from here.

Yup, Soma is on my waiting list for once it's done airing. I mean, I need something to watch this fall since there isn't much of anything else...
Fall looks pretty exciting to me personally

Actually, I Am 12
Welp as most of us who have read the manga assumed, the anime is going for an original ending of some sort. I guess anime only watchers will never see the rise of the Charismatic Pervert II and her effects on the world.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You mean fire.

Ore Monogatari!! 24

As much as I wish this got a second season, the way it ended was perfect. Pretty conclusive, I feel satisfied. Even though I was so LTTP on this one, I'm glad I picked it up.
The best friend will remain single for the rest of his life, since he's clearly in love with Takeo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought the mascots in Amagi were basically hilarious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He's clearly not, at least in a romantic sense
I thought the "clearly" would be hyperbolic enough to be read as sarcastic. :p

For a brief moment, I honestly that that was the angle the show was going to take, but unfortunately it didn't.

(It's still really great, though.)
There's no way a shoujo would have a gay character, let alone a gay character in love with the protagonist. lol
I just find it amusing how they never really bothered doing anything with him other than have a girl chase him for a few episodes before disappearing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom