• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

On the topic of VAs I tend to remember, there’s Wakamoto-sama, Aya Hirano and Miyuki Sawashiro, but if we count VAs I know from their characters alone, then there’s Kogoro Mouri/Rudolf Ushiromiya/Kiritsugu Emiya/Soma’s dad (man, he sure gets around), Log Horizon’s Nyanta/Kirei Kotomine, Kyon/Samumenco’s Goto, Krauss Ushiromiya (who I spotted right away as Red Axe in Samumenco, though it was mostly because his character was given the same speech patterns as Kraus’), Nadeko Sengoku/Kuroneko, and Kirie Ushiromiya/Fate/SN’s Caster.

Having lots of active VAs, it’s a bit funny that the Umineko anime ended up being so badly received and never got its core arcs animated. I would’ve loved to see Erika, Dlanor and more Bern/Lambda in animated form, but I guess it was never meant to be… then there’s Higanbana, but I don’t think an anime adaptation would be viable because of how much darker and gorier it can get compared to both Higurashi and Umineko.

Jarmel

Banned
Beef Stroganoff B - 1
http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/db920e7443dac5bb7d6f5d3b36545c10.webm
what the fuck the show wasn't a quarter this good before
Every single thing about this is better. Like completely better. I'm a little shocked as I was expecting a minor boost but everything just got knocked up to totally different levels. The framing/storyboarding, animation, comedy, sound direction, music, and even how the episode is structured is just on a totally different level. There aren't jumps like in the first episode of the first season. Hell the character designs for the old characters are improved such as Chris who now has this thick outline in some sequences that make her pop out. Not to mention the Noise redesign that looks closer to static.
Sequences like the above work better due to the superior animation and music. The flashy title attack cards flow smoother not only in their placement of the attacks, as they're seemingly placed closer to the beginning or end, but they also stand out more as a contrast to the fluid animation. Not to mention I'm finally getting some Itano Circus with those missile barrages.
This concert is something out of Macross Frontier and I love it for that. Not only is the staging vastly more interesting than the Wing stuff from last season but elements such as the crowd interaction give it a sense of liveliness completely missing from the concerts in the first season. Not to mention the better dancing choreography and framing, such as the across screen pans, that make the concert exciting. That sound direction was on point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dammit, I bedded all the SAO chicks in HF to get their trophies, but somehow didn't realize Strea was a requirement as well. It's too late, so now U can't get the "Don't Cheat, Daddy" silver tophy... so pissed.

1Qd1l5F.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Would be cool if they made a season 2 in which he actually falls for a girl. I mean this last incident only served to show that Takeo and Yamato are solid. So instead of putting drama between the two, show us Makoto go against his attitude this season, and make him be the one falling for a girl and getting support from Takeo and friends.

the Ore Monogatari ending kind of soured the whole experience with the unnecessary drama. Even if it was a nice ending.

Also the Himouto finale was basically another regular episode that happened to be the finale. They basically pulled a God Eater.
I was going to say that maybe Woofington knows what happens in the manga with the dude... since, like Kimi ni Todoke, the main couple are together and there's really nowhere to go there short of bumping uglies.

No, hes in love with Icijou from Nisekoi.

Worst part of the anime was not animating the crossovers.
This crossed over with Nisekoi? lol

Cornbread78

....I guess I'll have to play this game now.

The scenes are really harmless for the most part, but the game itself, is a lot of fun. I'm almost done everything, but it sucks missing out on that trophy, just because it was awesome and involved a lot of grinding... uugghh.

I sensed a disturbance. You got it wrong though, I love me some Kirito.

lvT0sd0.gif

Lol, the hate train ready for the finale this weekend? I can't wait to read the reactions in ToonamiGAF, lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The scenes are really harmless for the most part, but the game itself, is a lot of fun. I'm almost done everything, but it sucks missing out on that trophy, just because it was awesome and involved a lot of grinding... uugghh.

Lol, the hate train ready for the finale this weekend? I can't wait to read the reactions in ToonamiGAF, lol.

It's happening! To celebrate my gif review of Extra Edition will also drop sometime tomorrow or Friday!

Phatmac

Yeah I've heard it's solid and I'm fine with SAO so I'll probably play it when it goes on sale.

I forgot that the most unrealistic thing about GATE is the conceit that Japan would be open and accepting of foreigners.

Edit: If your dub doesn't sound like the dialogue from Hunie Pop, you're doing anime wrong.

zulux21

Ore Monogatari!! END

this is an odd feeling for me.
It's the end of the anime, it's a series I know there is more content for and yet... I feel absolutely no need for another season. We managed to check off pretty much every single trope out there in one season and complete kick their ass and be awesome. I'd watch a second season but for the first time in a long time I really don't feel like a second season is needed at all.

Non Non Biyori Repeat 12

xOmcjvW.png

I wish we got a new season every year. Another lovely end to a lovely series. I especially liked that long scene where the 4 girls were sitting and waiting for the mom to finish talking to the neighbor.

The scenes with just background art and music always gives me the feels. This season was just as good, if not better than season 1.

I was happy to see more of Konomi and Hikage. They're great characters and hope we see more of them in the future.

Was gonna be AOTS for me but Rokka was pretty damn good.

Narag

Bikini Warriors 1-12
Pros:
  • It's short.
Cons:
  • It's not 2 minutes short.
  • It's also bad.
  • Everything wrong with anime today.

Samurai Flamenco 9
Honestly glad there's this sort of self-aware look at work/life balance even if the show iisn't fully grabbnig me at the moment. Second half of the ep was defintely a step in the right direction though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom