• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad puns will be the death of me.

hyouka1-4.jpg

At least you went doing something you love. See you soon brother.

Narag

Also Nico is actually the best but Maki is still top tier so you pass.

Terrible

Sölf;179820400 said:
AnimeGAF, help me. Since the summer season is ending and the next season doesn't offer that much interesting things for me (and except 1 or 2 shows I will watch the interesting things in a weekly stream), which of these shows (except "all" of course) shoudl I watch first?

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Rokka no Yuusha (seen EP 1)
- Ryuugajoi Nanana no Maizoukin (seen EP 1)
- Shinsekai Yori

I also still have some other stuff, like JoJo Stardust S2, Hibike, LoGH, KanColle and DRRR, but from those I've already seen a few episodes (and stuff like LoGH will take time).

Watch ef.

Sölf;179820400 said:
AnimeGAF, help me. Since the summer season is ending and the next season doesn't offer that much interesting things for me (and except 1 or 2 shows I will watch the interesting things in a weekly stream), which of these shows (except "all" of course) shoudl I watch first?

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

I also still have some other stuff, like JoJo Stardust S2, Hibike, LoGH, KanColle and DRRR, but from those I've already seen a few episodes (and stuff like LoGH will take time).
Rokka and Black Lagoon, two of my favourite anime from your list. And then Hibike.

blurr

The pink hair guy in Mawaru Penguindrum had an excellent voice, his catch phrase "Electrifying isn't it?" (Shibireru ne) was stuck in my head for a while.

It turned into a meme in a WhatsApp group I'm in :p

Sölf;179820400 said:

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Just watch LoGH.

Mailbox

This thread has made me realize that:
A) people don't understand how anime dub writing works. For better understanding, I recommend the steins;gate commentary track. Puts things into better perspective.

B) people reallllllllly underestimate the spread and effects of gamergate here or don't know what happened at all. For that, I recommend the YouTube series "why are you so angry". Does a good job or explaining it.

Anywho, back to business.

Sölf;179820400 said:

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Haven't seen Black lagoon (will soon), Bakurano, or Shinsekai Yori yet. So of the ones I have seen:

I've only watched the first season of Ef and heavily enjoyed it. I'd really recommend it. Just expect the presentation to be different since it is a shaft property (although it's more reigned in than you'd think in that regard)

Rokka is a good ride, nice mystery show. You may not like how it ends or the production values of the show since they are unfortunately lacking (though this is because it's the studio's first big anime project.)

As for nanana, it gets better than the first episode but it ends up being a forgettable, of enjoyable ride. It's something you should watch if you have nothing else to watch, but otherwise I'd go with the others

Squishy3

Sölf;179820400 said:

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Finish the stuff you already started that are relatively short compared to stuff like LoGH (Jojo, KanColle, Hibike for example) before starting anything you haven't watched any episodes of because this is a good way to never finish any series. :p

Sölf

It doesn't really help that it seems like there is not a single show where most people say "watch that first". xD
I will definitly watch all of them sometime (I have no idea how many years I already have Ef and I still haven't seen it), I just can't decide for what first.

That aside, do you guys remember when you got into season watching? Everyone here has probably watched anime for years and years, but for example I only started to watch more than 1-2 shows from each season (if I even watched shows from a season) since the Winter 13/14 season (where I watched like... 15 shows at the same time, but tried out even more). I came to our weekly stream 1 season earlier, where we watched Kill La Kill, Noucome and Sekai de Ichiban (and the first episode of another show each week).

When did you start to "seriously" watch anime? :0

Sölf;179838523 said:
It doesn't really help that it seems like there is not a single show where most people say "watch that first". xD

Because nobody seems to have watched everything on your list ;p

And different opinions and all that.

Cornbread78

Sölf;179820400 said:
- Ef- A Tale of Memories
- Shinsekai Yori

That's a good order of things as well. Ef-A Tale of Memories is really good.

Also, everyone else's opinions are trash, my list is the best. teeheehee..

Well, mailbox agrees with me, lol.

Mailbox

Sölf;179838523 said:
I will definitly watch all of them sometime (I have no idea how many years I already have Ef and I still haven't seen it), I just can't decide for what first.

For what it's worth, I'd recommend watching Ef.

Also: Janurary 2014 was when I started "seriously" watching anime. Since then, I've watched ~270 tv anime series and a bunch of ova's, specials, and a few movies.

Sölf;179838523 said:
That aside, do you guys remember when you got into season watching? Everyone here has probably watched anime for years and years, but for example I only started to watch more than 1-2 shows from each season (if I even watched shows from a season) since the Winter 13/14 season (where I watched like... 15 shows at the same time, but tried out even more). I came to our weekly stream 1 season earlier, where we watched Kill La Kill, Noucome and Sekai de Ichiban (and the first episode of another show each week).

I don't follow the seasons. I let other people here watch first so I can skip stuff I don't like the look of.

Started watching anime in fall/winter 2012.

Ascheroth

Sölf;179838523 said:

From looking over anicharts' archive it looks like I started following the seasons sometime around Summer 2010. Damn, does time fly by.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Sölf;179838523 said:

I started watching anime seriously around 2-3 years ago.
That was when I marathoned Code Geass.

Sölf;179820400 said:

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Shinsekai Yori, Bokurano, Rokka. In that order, if you are short in time.

Sölf;179838523 said:

Sometime about Summer 09. Started with a big backlog and then really started watching every season in summer of 2010.

Cornbread78

LOL, I just started watching Anime in Dec. 2014 with the greatness of SAO; It's almost my 1 year anniversary... So many new experiences both good and bad...

Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers

So, I just sort of stumbled upon this anime. I'm way out of things, and don't really watch newer anime anymore, because I hate waiting a week for new episodes, so I'd rather wait for the full season to just binge it. Well, lucky me, the final episode aired this past week so I was good to go. :p

I do love stories when you have to guess who the traitor is, same reason I picked up that Lost Dimensions game. Anyway, this was a pretty enjoyable show. Even if we had to hear "I'm the Strongest Man in the World!" about 500 times.

I also happened to correctly guess who it was when I first saw all the characters too, so yay. ;p Anyways, I hope there is more of it, really enjoyed the characters and their abilities.

LOL, I just started watching Anime in Dec. 2014 with the greatness of SAO; It's almost my 1 year anniversary... So many new experiences both good and bad...

....Cornbread, if it appeared the world was to come to a sudden end, and we all had to say goodbye to each other, is there any chance you would admit that your love for SAO was all lie?

Like, you were just pulling one over on us this entire time?

Squishy3

I started somewhat following the series pretty regularly back in 2003/2004ish. Not actively keeping up on seasons and whatnot like I do now (it was kind of hard to know everything that was airing back then, there wasn't really dedicated resources to that stuff like there is now) and just watched whatever popped up on my radar.

I probably started watching seasons of anime around 2000. You guys don't know how easy you have it now. Tape trading and convention scrounging and fucking Limewire and shit.

I also enjoyed SAO quite a bit on an unrelated but further socially suicidal note.

Cornbread78

....Cornbread, if it appeared the world was to come to a sudden end, and we all had to say goodbye to each other, is there any chance you would admit that your love for SAO was all lie?

Like, you were just pulling one over on us this entire time?

You know, the more I watch anime, the more I can understand why that series is considered a "gateway series" into anime. If you go in not jaded with no inherent bias' you would probably enjoy it much more. Either way, it was my first and you always think highly of your firsts, right?

I also enjoyed SAO quite a bit on an unrelated but further socially suicidal note.

Stay strong my friend. Like what you like and hate on the rest, lol. No really, who cares if nobody else likes it...

Sölf;179838523 said:

I had two stints of "seriously" watching anime. The first was around 2007-2009 and the second started in 2013 and is currently ongoing.

Edit: Does watching anime on YTV count as "seriously" watching anime? If so then that time period as well.

Sölf

You know, the more I watch anime, the more I can understand why that series is considered a "gateway series" into anime. If you go in not jaded with no inherent biasis you would probably enjoy it much more. Either way, it was my first and you always think highly of your firsts, right?

Eh, I am not completely sure what my first show aside from those in TV was, but looking back, I watched pretty crappy stuff back then. xD

You know, the more I watch anime, the more I can understand why that series is considered a "gateway series" into anime. If you go in not jaded with no inherent biasis you would probably enjoy it much more. Either way, it was my first and you always think highly of your firsts, right?

Hmm, fair enough. Despite my jabbing, I never actually get annoyed with people for liking a show I don't. I reserve the right to mock a show I don't care for, but that's different.

Like what you like.

Joe Molotov

First anime series I watched (not counting Speed Racer and Robotech) was Gundam Wing on Toonami. I watched it during the day, then recorded the midnight airing (where they said damn and had blood) on my VCR and then watched it again the next day. Good times.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Elfen Lied was one of my firsts and that was an awful show.

Still one of the few shows to really offend me with how illogical its ending was.

The first two anime series I recall watching are the Vision of Esclaflowne and Sailor Moon.

Esclaflowne is still an great classic but I haven't seen Sailor Moon in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom