• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so glad Super Lovers will be a tv anime hoping for 26 episodes like Hakkenden. I need my best bros.
tumblr_mspstr74s01qbxqfpo2_500.png

tumblr_mo33njIwsH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

e_i

According to the Mai Mai Miracle KS update, they've announced the VAs for the two leads...and they're young girls. Reminds of how they got the Fanning sister's to voice Satsuki and Mei in My Neighbor Totoro.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 431 – To See That Smile, Just One More Time
CPrOso0WoAQ4baJ.png

It had Sasuke.

I always wondered, where does Sasuke team sleep and such after leaving. They cant just always lounge around and relax in abandoned factories and etc.

Love Live 01-13

Yeah so I finally watched this to see what the hype was about and did not get it. In fact, wow this shit straight up pissed me off! Idol music, sure thats fine, its all done by computers anyway, generic cg dances that real idols do w/e nothing complex about that, school setting yawn but w/e, super bright budget animation I can dig it I was looking for something different .... but the characters!

Out of the 9 characters only like 3 actually wanted to be idols, the rest were doing it out of circumstance or straight up had the spare time while aspiring for something more....

THEN THIS BITCH
Just comes in, listens to their greater dreams and aspirations, and convinces them to be some generic idol that does not standout instead of trying to be the best singer/song writer possible, the best ballerina, and even worse her best damn friend WHO GOT A FULL DAMN RIDE TO A FASHION PROGRAM ABROAD who said that was her dream several times. NOPE stay with me and be an idol that makes no money, has no opportunity, and lets just completely ignore that one shop selling merchandise of us without our consent even if its illegal for several different reasons. Lets all forget that and do what I wanna do because I wanna do it.

Mother fuckin Honoka

I know that was not the point of the show but damn what a terrible message. Talented singer songwriter, heh just make generic idol music with no passion. Got the talent to be a world class ballerina haha no fuck that, make uninspired dances for a bunch of uncoordinated girls. Got recognized for your hard work making costumes for 9 girls, haha don't take that once in a lifetime offer, stay with me because I'm Honoka and I have no plans for the future and neither should you!

Gonna rant and rave to everyone I know for another week I'm sure... then buy all the Maki wallscrolls, figures, towels, dvd's, cd's, trading cards, plushies, and whatever else I can find! GOTTA SUPPORT THE ONLY REAL PERSON IN THIS DAMN FRANCHISE!
Yes you! Maki-chan~ <3

Oh god that was the point of all this wasn't it....

JulianImp

What makes you think that? Usually airs in ~40 min from now doesn't it?

This:
Availability Information
Due to production issues, episode 12 of SCHOOL-LIVE! will be delayed. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Apparently it already aired in Japan so I don't think it's delayed for a week, it will pop up after a few hours or something.

Oh, I guess that's good to hear. Hopefully it airs before I've got to head off to work.

Didn't episode 10 waste the entire episode on pool shenanigans? Or was that episode 9?

Really this has been such a trainwreck that it's hard to remember where the worst parts are.

The pool ep was #9, and yeah, episodes 3-9 were a complete trainwreck that was too much moe SoL and just a single tense/dreadful scene per episode. Then there's all the fanservice that was added in for no reason...

Things have gotten more interesting after ep 10 since that's when things finally started to go wrong, but I think I would've rather had all this despair better spread out among the episodes, rather than what we got:

Ep 1: Moe, moe, moe... surprise!
Ep 2: A bit of insight on the girls' situation
Eps 3-7: Lingerie Miki time (plus flashbacks!), fanservice on the rise
Eps 8-9: More fanservice, SoL, moe... then Taroumaru goes away...
Eps 10-11: Shit hits the fan. Hard.
Ep 12: Girls graduate
from mortality?

Cornbread78

Eureka 7 ep. 27-29:
Picking up a ton more of the plot details as everything finally comes to the surface about Eureka, her origins, and what is really going on in this world. Friggen' George and Rei parts with Holland were kinda sad and that whole thing was really bloody as hell. The show does a reat job of masking its gruesome under-belly, then dropping it on you all at once... Man.

SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist 5 & 6

Glad there were r18 bl doujins in this for wide appeal, nice covers. Kind of sad that Tanukichi isnt into that, and also didnt try some of the devices. Would have been hilarious.
though the scene when Anna had it on her and then he could feel it vibrating too, I couldnt stop laughing. He was getting so into that feeling and then his face and the giraffe. If only clothes had even been off of him too.

His costume ought to remove the socks though.

Love Live 01-13

Gonna rant and rave to everyone I know for another week I'm sure... then buy all the Maki wallscrolls, figures, towels, dvd's, cd's, trading cards, plushies, and whatever else I can find! GOTTA SUPPORT THE ONLY REAL PERSON IN THIS DAMN FRANCHISE!

Yes you! Maki-chan~ <3

Oh god that was the point of all this wasn't it....

The saving grace of all this ranting. You picked the right church

Honoka saved the school.

Honoka got the rest of them an education.

>Implying they're so stupid, no other school would take them

I don't think I will ever understand idols. Not sure if I want to either lol. Some things are better left unknown.

Indeed. I'll never understand the idol craze. The whole thing just seems like nothing but junk food for people who get overly excited at seeing colourful cute anime girls dancing, frolicking, and being cute. It boggles my mind how insane people can get for idol anime.

Honestly, the anime industry would be so much better if people just calmed down and acted more mature about their favourite shows, because some people might not enjoy the genre that you love!

On another note: EVERYBODY WATCH G GUNDAM IT'S GOT THE BEST ANIME GIANT ROBOTS AND IT'S GOT THE MANLIEST MAIN CHARACTER IN EXISTENCE WHO DOES MARTIAL ARTS IN GIANT ROBOTS AND HE'S SO COOL AND AWESOME!!! WATCH IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!

Indeed. I'll never understand the idol craze. The whole thing just seems like nothing but junk food for people who get overly excited at seeing colourful cute anime girls dancing, frolicking, and being cute. It boggles my mind how insane people can get for idol anime.

Honestly, the anime industry would be so much better if people just calmed down and acted more mature about their favourite shows, because some people might not enjoy the genre that you love!

On another note: EVERYBODY WATCH G GUNDAM IT'S GOT THE BEST ANIME GIANT ROBOTS AND IT'S GOT THE MANLIEST MAIN CHARACTER IN EXISTENCE WHO DOES MARTIAL ARTS IN GIANT ROBOTS AND HE'S SO COOL AND AWESOME!!! WATCH IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!
Gundams with super powers are the fucking worst and G Gundam is only good if you view it as a comedy.

Honoka got sick and forced Muse to withdraw from Love Live!

Honoka acted like a child and wanted to quit being an Idol for some stupid reason.

Umi is top tier just because she set that bitch straight.

Sölf;179820400 said:
AnimeGAF, help me. Since the summer season is ending and the next season doesn't offer that much interesting things for me (and except 1 or 2 shows I will watch the interesting things in a weekly stream), which of these shows (except "all" of course) shoudl I watch first?

I also still have some other stuff, like JoJo Stardust S2, Hibike, LoGH, KanColle and DRRR, but from those I've already seen a few episodes (and stuff like LoGH will take time).

Hibike and JoJo

Sölf

AnimeGAF, help me. Since the summer season is ending and the next season doesn't offer that much interesting things for me (and except 1 or 2 shows I will watch the interesting things in a weekly stream), which of these shows (except "all" of course) shoudl I watch first?

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Rokka no Yuusha (seen EP 1)
- Ryuugajoi Nanana no Maizoukin (seen EP 1)
- Shinsekai Yori

I also still have some other stuff, like JoJo Stardust S2, Hibike, LoGH, KanColle and DRRR, but from those I've already seen a few episodes (and stuff like LoGH will take time).

Sölf;179820400 said:

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Ef is my absolute favorite romance series in anime. I highly recommend memories and melodies.

omlet

Sölf;179820400 said:

Shin Sekai Yori, then Black Lagoon. I like Ef more than Bokurano so I'd say Ef after that.

Don't bother watching more of Rokka.

I personally think the gamergate is too obscure to fit. Like there are countless more amusing or simply easier to understand lines they could have used. That honestly just felt line a line the editor/translator/however just tossed in there cause they don't like gamegate and not because it made contextual sense. Yeah gamegate sucks but that doesn't mean it made sense to use them as a reference here.

I also don't agree with your depiction of Prison School like at all.

I get that you gotta take liberties since direct translations don't work all the time. But the line wasn't really supposed to be funny in the first place, and even if it was, what we got instead isn't particularly funny either. "KKK are losers," as much as I agree with that sentiment, doesn't really elicit a laugh from me simply because I agree with it.

There is no connection whatsoever between what is said in the original and what it was changed to in the dub, there was no reason to randomly throw in a gamergate quip.

I'll agree with you on one thing though, the "joke" was pretty terrible so if you think Prison School is a show that survives off of being terrible then it'd be a good fit.

Okay, gonna talk about dubs here for a second, and my view may vastly differ with the majority, but I've never held the belief that dubs need to be 100% authentic. That is recipe for turning out boring lackluster dubs.

Remember the Deadman Wonderland dub? That was a dub that took a silly show, and made it sillier for the better, mostly. Latter on, they turned down the crazy in the dub because it was going on Toonami.

And it was worse for it. It lost that crazy feel that people liked, and became too serious. Too straight faced.

Now, the recent Jojo dub. It's a dub that takes the series, and plays it too straight. It's boring in comparison to the original. Which is a mistake because Jojo is supposed to be over the top, and fucking out there. Good performances can't save a dub that is too straight faced in a silly series.

Prison School is a show that needs the Deadman Wonderland dub treatment. It needs to be boisterous and overblown, or it's just going to be boring in comparison to the sub. And the idea that it needs to be authentic is silly to me. Prison School is a show that has no boundaries. It's at its best when it has no boundaries. When it's being that over the top gross show that we like/love. The idea that the dub needs to settle down and be serious is absurd to me. It strikes me as...well...

*insert no fun allowed pic here*

And I did find the joke funny. Though that may be my odd sense of humor at work.

Ascheroth

Sölf;179820400 said:

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Rokka, JoJo and Shinsekai Yori.

Russ T

Banned
Sölf;179820400 said:

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Out of those, I've seen all but Bokurano and Ef.

I dunno what the popular opinion is on Nanana's Buried Treasure, but I really enjoyed it. It's fun, and adventurous. It's also, unfortunately, kind of unfinished. The ending was... less than satisfactory.

Shin Sekai Yori MIGHT be the top quality of those I've seen, but it's also an extremely heavy series, and pretty damn dark, to boot.

Rokka feels like something that would be really easy to marathon. Definitely was my most anticipated series from this season, week by week, once it picked up.

Black Lagoon is relatively long and although I do have some nostalgia for it, it's mostly just badass action repeat ad nauseum. Not a bad thing, by any stretch, but definitely nothing deep.

So there you go that doesn't answer your question at all! I guess if I were forced to pick one, I'd say Rokka?

phaze

Sölf;179820400 said:

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Shin Sekai Yori.

Jojo S2 and DRRR S1 are alright.

Would skip Rokka and Black Lagoon, haven't seen the others.

Lol dat Love live powderkeg in every anime fan.

As someone who was an AKB fan for like 5 years before falling off the wagon, Love Live pointed out a bunch of crap I hated about the idol industry lol. Heck now that I'm thinking about it.... Holy fuck! Is Love Live an alternate reality version of Girls Generation!? both had 9 members, both had a member want to leave for fashion school.... but in real life that chick got kicked out in a nasty public scandal haha.

#mindblown.gif

Ok thats enough Love Live I need a real anime.

omlet

Rokka, JoJo and Shinsekai Yori.

So there you go that doesn't answer your question at all! I guess if I were forced to pick one, I'd say Rokka?

Rokka's ending is so bad it ruins the ride (which was otherwise interesting). The
motive
reveal is completely stupid and the character writing just felt like a mess at the end and the show is bombing so hard it will probably not get a continuation. Sour aftertaste all around. Better to avoid this one, or at least put it well below other things on a priority list.

Russ T

Banned
Rokka's ending is so bad it ruins the ride (which was otherwise interesting). The
motive
reveal is completely stupid and the character writing just felt like a mess at the end and the show is bombing so hard it will probably not get a continuation. Sour aftertaste all around. Better to avoid this one, or at least put it well below other things on a priority list.

I don't agree!

I think the ending could've been done better, but it was fine. Also, the ending is never why anyone was watching the show, it was for the constant tension and wondering who was going to turn on or back up whom in the next scene. It was great.

phaze

Mawaru Penguindrum 20-22
0114461mzoh.jpg
011454exxz3.jpg

You cheeky, cheeky bastards.

And into the mindfuck, 3deep5me and
depression
land we go. I really don't want this show to end both because I've been enjoying it immensely and
because the show, having already offed Himari and Masako (+100 troll points), seems to be going for Ringo now. The amount of deathflags she received here was unholy and in both openings, she's shown to be consumed by flames like Momoka. I imagine that at least with Himari, I haven't yet seen the last of her but given the second OP, her odds aren't looking very good.

With the increase of the loaded terminology like: Frozen World, Chosen and Unchosen ones, becoming "invisible" this is becoming more and more abstract. I'm not quite sure what is up with all that, whether it's just about becoming
anonymous cogs in the capitalist machine, or becoming "unloved" or something. Maybe once
Sanetoshi's grand plan will get revealed, things will become more clear for me.

Mr Pinkhair by the way, turned out to be a literal ghost. And so do Shouma's parents, whose reveal short time before was already pretty shocking After all the stuff Sanetoshi pulled and the grandiose talk in eps 9 and 13 I had him pegged as some kind of god or something.
In general, I've hard time remembering the last time I've seen a show with so many twists and reveals. Sometimes it becomes almost overwhelming and too much.

Still lots of things to tie up in the last 40 minutes, I hope it will stick the landing.

omlet

In general, I've hard time remembering the last time I've seen a show with so many twists and reveals. Sometimes it becomes almost overwhelming and too much.
Aye. I love the show but it is a lot (too much) to take in in one viewing. It kind of has this problem of you need to digest each episode, but you can't wait too long between episodes or you'll forget important details. I've watched it twice through and select episodes more than that and I still feel like I'd find new things if I watched it again.

Ascheroth

I don't agree!

I think the ending could've been done better, but it was fine. Also, the ending is never why anyone was watching the show, it was for the constant tension and wondering who was going to turn on or back up whom in the next scene. It was great.

True words!
The resolution to the mystery is completely fine. And the second half of the last episode doesn't change the fact that Rokka as a whole was an amazing ride.

omlet

True words!
The resolution to the mystery is completely fine. And the second half of the last episode doesn't change the fact that Rokka as a whole was an amazing ride.

Rokka no Yuusha was like going on a roller coaster that was pretty neat and then throwing up at the end. Don't wanna go on that ride again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Russ T

Banned
Rokka no Yuusha was like going on a roller coaster that was pretty neat and then throwing up at the end. Don't wanna go on that ride again and would not recommend it to anyone.

That's cool, but I still don't agree!

And going by reactions in this thread at the time the ending aired, neither do most people who watched the show 'round these parts!

Cornbread78

Eureka7 ep 30-32:
OK, I'm losing some major plot points here. Who are these "Observer" kids helping the General,
are they aliens as well, a 3rd race?
, Why are the bombing the ground causing the attacks on the civialians, how is that savig humanity? Also, soo to see the crazy psycho, Anemone, again. Looks like she is the same as Eureka? No mind games of
seperate dimensions this time though
MAn, I need to pay real close attention to some of these other new details because they are very ambiguous...

jonjonaug

Eureka7 ep 30-32:

OK, I'm losing some major plot points here. Who are these "Observer" kids helping the General,
are they aliens as well, a 3rd race?
, Why are the bombing the ground causing the attacks on the civialians, how is that savig humanity? Also, soo to see the crazy psycho, Anemone, again. Looks like she is the same as Eureka? No mind games of
seperate dimensions this time though
MAn, I need to pay real close attention to some of these other new details because they are very ambiguous...

Some of the answers to those questions are spoilers, but something you probably should have picked up on:
Those are "antibody" Coralians. This means exactly what the name implies. The bombs are charges with very deep penetration intended to provoke the coral's natural antibody response to wounds.
As for the kids, they're just kids.

Eureka Seven demands a lot of close attention to detail to fully understand its plot. Despite the comparisons to Eva that are often made of the show, all of the weird phrases and references actually do mean something here. It's the sort of show that can be a lot better on a second or third go if you didn't understand it all the first time.

Sölf

Amagi Brilliant Park 14
Haven't seen this 14th episode yet and since someone posted a picture of it a few hours ago, I just watched it now. And god, I missed these guys. All this crazyness around is just wonderful. I would really like to see a second season sometime in the future. Just the daily wackiness of the park would be enough for me. And more Air. We can't have enough Air.

Sölf;179820400 said:
AnimeGAF, help me. Since the summer season is ending and the next season doesn't offer that much interesting things for me (and except 1 or 2 shows I will watch the interesting things in a weekly stream), which of these shows (except "all" of course) should I watch first?

- Black Lagoon
- Bokurano
- Ef
- Shinsekai Yori

Only seen Black Lagoon on that list and I wholeheartedly recommend you start with that. Also watch the amazing english dub.

And damn, Admiral Woofington got banned. Wonder how long the ban will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom