• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Prison School thing was... Yeesh. It already sounds horrendous, throwing in gratuitous script changes to plug already dated jokes is just "why"

Might as well drop some hot Donald Trump references for good measure.

Mandelbo

The first anime I remember seeing bits of was Inuyasha, although I was quite young at the time and I don't recall much of it aside from the first episode being weird and a looped sequence where Inuyasha was carrying someone while jumping along some rocks. As well as that I watched bits of Keroro Gunsou when I was younger as well, but I never watched the episodes in any particular order. Azumanga was probably the first anime I watched in its entirety.

Sölf

Eh, whatever, I am ready. I survived it once, I can live through it a second time.

And after that, Cosprayers franchise in all it's glory. Green Green is easy stuff in comparison.

JulianImp

My first anime was probably Speed Racer on Cartoon Network, but I barely cared about it. The first couple anime shows I watched regularily were Dragon Ball (not Z, mind you), Sailor Moon and Saint Seiya. I wouldn't even try to rewatch any of them nowadays because they've all probably aged pretty badly (I did watch a single episode of Speed Racer a couple years ago... and man, the pacing was slow as hell compared to modern anime's).

I later watched stuff such as Slayers, Detective Conan and Ranma 1/2. Dotto Koni-chan was also really fun to watch (it was a gag dub that actually made the show pretty popular, down to the point that its Wikipedia entry in Spanish is actually longer than in Japanese!).

Shows I never got into that were also airing at that time were Captain Tsubasa, You're Under Arrest, Orphen and Slam Dunk (all I can remember from the last one is Hanamichi Sakuragi's name).

The next AnimeGAF Let's Watch should be Green Green. We'll all make bets about what we have to do if we can't finish it. And then watch as the world slowly collapses.

No no no nononononononono

It should be Gundam Build Fighters. C'mon. By the time SamFlam is finished it'll be the 2 year anniversary of when it first aired. The timing is just perfect.

Sölf;179838523 said:
It doesn't really help that it seems like there is not a single show where most people say "watch that first". xD
I will definitly watch all of them sometime (I have no idea how many years I already have Ef and I still haven't seen it), I just can't decide for what first.

That aside, do you guys remember when you got into season watching? Everyone here has probably watched anime for years and years, but for example I only started to watch more than 1-2 shows from each season (if I even watched shows from a season) since the Winter 13/14 season (where I watched like... 15 shows at the same time, but tried out even more). I came to our weekly stream 1 season earlier, where we watched Kill La Kill, Noucome and Sekai de Ichiban (and the first episode of another show each week).

When did you start to "seriously" watch anime? :0

I started watching anime in the 90s.

But in terms of heavily paying attention to what was in the upcoming season, getting excited for shows prior to them airing, and following the latest stuff week to week? Probably around 2004?

I know the first show I was really aware of prior to it airing in Japan was Digimon Tamers in 2001, but prior to about 2004 I mostly just became aware of shows after they started, and wasn't too well versed in what was a part of each season, as I can recall.

Gundam Build Fighters is also a dull show.

This is wrong.

Sölf;179858083 said:
This. I tried to watch it and dropped it after 1 or 2 episodes, because I just found it boring beyond anything. I also haven't seen any other Gundam show, so that may also be a reason.

Ahahahahahahaha.

You've seen nothing yet.

Gundam Build Fighters Season 1 is one of the best mecha shows in the last ten years.

Sounds great. It's a dub, localizing the jokes is perfectly acceptable. If you want your straight literal translation, go read the subs.

There's a difference between localization and throwing in pop culture references willy-nilly, which is not the best comedic technique whether you're translating or not.

Firemind

This is wrong.

Ahahahahahahaha.

You've seen nothing yet.

Gundam Build Fighters Season 1 is one of the best mecha shows in the last ten years.
I'm sorry, but if it doesn't have some kind of hook in the first three episodes (which is more than an hour!), it's dull. There's no immediacy in GBF at the beginning. Children playing with their Gundam models screaming: BUY OUR TOYS is not my way of spending quality time. I'd rather watch any other Gundam show. At least they can still be entertaining. Like train wrecks.

I'm sorry, but if it doesn't have some kind of hook in the first three episodes (which is more than an hour!), it's dull. There's no immediacy in GBF at the beginning. Children playing with their Gundam models screaming: BUY OUR TOYS is not my way of spending quality time. I'd rather watch any other Gundam show. At least they can still be entertaining. Like train wrecks.

Hahahahaha.

Hahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ascheroth

Gundam Build Fighters is also a dull show.

Sölf;179858083 said:
This. I tried to watch it and dropped it after 1 or 2 episodes, because I just found it boring beyond anything. I also haven't seen any other Gundam show, so that may also be a reason.

waaaaaat

Gundam Build Fighters is great! It's undiluted mecha greatness in all its hype inducing glory!
Sölf, I thought our anime compatibility was 80% according to MAL, but it looks like I was mistaken :(
:p
Nah, but seriously, give it a few more episodes.

Hahahahaha.

Hahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
RIP nintendoman. Looks like he broke.

Ninja Slayer 24

jwD9Ppo.jpg

Episode name game on point

That was a weirdly good episode for this bad show.

Quasar

My Love Story 24 - A nice end. There was a period in the middle of cour2 of the series where I was getting bored enough to consider dropping it, but they turned it around nicely.

Exalted

I actually droped Gundam Build Fighters after 1 episode. Was expecting something similar to Gundam 00, boy was i disapointed. The charachters were far too young and goofy for my taste.

Jarmel

Banned
Is it just me or is the motivations and general writing behind the villains in Symphogear G an absolute mess? It just seems like they're burning up runtime doing nonsensical stuff.

I though it was supposed to be over by now. I keep waiting until the last ep and it never ends.

Next episode (hopefully)

You know the quality has been going slightly higher and higher lately?

It fluctuates at random. Some episodes are pretty cool, some are just snoozefests.

Sölf;179863603 said:
Of course he is watching one of the best shows currently airing.

plz

Is it just me or is the motivations and general writing behind the villains in Symphogear G an absolute mess? It just seems like their burning on runtime doing nonsensical stuff.

The villains in G are terrible. The girls are all idiots who enable Dr. Ver because they never realize he is duping them when it's very, very obvious. Not even Sugita can save his character, he sucks. Fine and Carol are better but they aren't that good either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom