• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

Now I am done watching His and Her Circumstances, I am watching Blue Seed. Never heard about the show and where I am right now, I am still interested in watching this show. It have this feel like 80s anime show with gritty stuff you see at that time. Also, it have this hentai vibe for some reason as I watching it (like Urotsukidōji). Well, hope the show get interesting.

Is Umaru-chan worth finishing? I think I saw up to episode 4 but totally forgot about it afterwards.

It's a pretty comfy show. It has its funny moments too. Is it a must watch? No. But if you have already watched a few episodes and are remotely interested in finishing it, you won't leave disappointed

Yeah, I don't think that's uncommon for shows outside of anime as well. South Park is a rather extreme example but all the episodes are made in less then a week and turned in to air hours before the date, yet they have never once missed the air date.

I would imagine an episode of South Park is much less complicated to coordinate production of than an episode of a typical anime, and so it's much easier to get stuff out on a consistent basis. You can't make an episode of anime in a week, unless perhaps it's a super low budget 2-minute thing.

True, but this is especially bad.

It might not be the production team's fault, but it seems like the show won't finish its run on tv.

That's awful.

It's bad, but not unprecedented. There are several examples of shows which aren't able to finish their normal TV run and have their final episodes delayed for months: Bakemonogatari, Girls und Panzer, and Blood Blockade Battlefront, for instance. Anime producers consistently squeeze the amount of time given to productions as much as they possibly can - and even if you start with a good lead time, unforeseen circumstances can lead to the production partially falling apart as it gets closer to the end (e.g., Yamato 2199).

I would imagine an episode of South Park is much less complicated to coordinate production of than an episode of a typical anime, and so it's much easier to get stuff out on a consistent basis. You can't make an episode of anime in a week, unless perhaps it's a super low budget 2-minute thing.

Yeah like I said it's a rather extreme example but it was the first to come to mind since I watched the documentary about South Park's production a week or so ago

javac

Random Stuff:

1. Death Note Blu-ray delayed.
    @animetoday

PRODUCT UPDATE: VIzMedia has delayed Death Note from December 1, 2015 to March 1, 2016. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. Assassination Classroom Season 2 Announced for January 2016
    In this years 44th issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump, they announced that the hugely popular series, Assassination Classroom, is getting a second season premiering in January 2016, exactly one year after season one started.
    madman.com.au
  3. Otaku No Video Kickstarter Update
  4. Quick Look: Persona 4 - The Animation Collector's Edition Box Set
  5. New animatorexpo short, Ragnarok

Updated Artwork:
    Kite Collection Blu-ray
    Release Date: 10/8/2015
    K15y7qT.jpg

$22.49 @ rightstuf.com

YAMATO THE MOVIE COLLECTION 1977-1983 (Italian DVD)
    Release Date: 29th September 2015
    Run time: 685 min
    Audio: Italian / Japanese
    Subtitles: Italian
    hGuNnBe.jpg

€ 55,99 @ store.yamatovideo
  6. Overlord Vol 2 Artwork (Japanese Release)
    vCRACBS.jpg

RSwCsRM.jpg

7. God Eater Vol 1 Artwork (Japanese Release)
    Release Date: 29th October 2015
    Sleeve:
    eTi1yFf.jpg

Front:
    rgK8At9.jpg

Back:
    I5cT5qF.jpg

Dat Overlord boxart...does to me, what Ainz does to her...

tumblr_nr4rtrvNrd1r3rdh2o2_500.gif

I kinda just wanted to post this gif, because I felt the thread was lacking some much needed lewdness.

Cornbread78

Hotarubi no Mori e/Into the Forest of Fireflies' Light;
So I picked up and watched this short film on a whim and wad happy I did in the end since it's a bitter sweet love story in the vein of 5cm. It was short, but the story was well told and we'll worth the time watching.

John Blade

Kite Collection Blu-ray.....hmm.....is anyone really care that this movie is worth the Blu-ray upgrade. Also, is this upscale version type Blu-ray as if it`s then I stick with my DVD.

duckroll

Animator Expo 33 - Ragnarok

That was pretty fun. Glad the robots were 2D rather than CG since we have one more CG short coming up anyway. It wasn't really what I was expecting, but what they were going for here is pretty creative. The designs are really evocative of Pacific Rim though. I wonder if that's a result of the natural design process of making "national" themed mecha, or if Izubuchi was asked to specifically reference that style. The ending theme was sogood.

Kenstar

As I'm starting to tally up scores for the finished shows this season it was pretty abysmal.
Gangsta - 2
Rokka - 3
Gate - 2
MonMusu - 3
Shimoneta - 1
Akagami no Shirayukihime - 8
Himouto! Umaru-chan - 7

Time to find a new hobby.

himouto so high and rokka/gate/gangsta so low

fite me irl, anime scores are serious shit, I'm formally declaring a beef over this

Animator Expo - Ragnarok

That wasn't very good, to be honest. Nice animation. Robots are very reminiscent of Pacific Rim although slightly goofier in design, the Russian one is extremely close to Cherno Alpha and the American one looks like Striker Eureka. But I'm confused as to why they chose to just have generic music throughout the entire thing as opposed to actual sound effects.

I feel bad for those folks at Ufotable. As much as I love God Eater as a gaming series, the show is alright but I bet it could be even better if those guys got a bit of a rest. After UBW they deserved a nice vacation.

As an aside, nice new avatar Aqua ^ Been reading Re for the past month and it's washing away the bad taste Root left in my mouth.

Thanks, anyways please tell me you read Tokyo Ghoul from the beginning before reading Re. Like if you came from Root A it would be really really hard to understand the plot since they pretty much skipped everything.

Also from what I found out is that Studio Pierrot/staff completely skipped 95% of the anime original draft the author gave them. Which is why the final product was crap.

Animator Expo - Ragnarok

Could have been better yeah, but considering 2015's output of mecha things as of late, I'll take it.

The music was nice, but yeah, it doesn't really fit with a bunch of giant robots fighting. Some sound effects would have been nice too.

Oh well, I can always mute the thing and put a JAM-Project song over it instead. That should make it more awesome.

Thanks, anyways please tell me you read Tokyo Ghoul from the beginning before reading Re. Like if you came from Root A it would be really really hard to understand the plot since they pretty much skipped everything.

Also from what I found out is that Studio Pierrot/staff completely skipped 95% of the anime original draft the author gave them. Which is why the final product was crap.

I did, the manga was vastly superior. The first season of the anime was actually pretty good, but after seeing how messy the second one was, I just continued reading the manga from there. I'm enjoying Re a lot, the fact that it is released weekly only makes it better. AoT was monthly and after a few chapters I gave up because I kept forgetting the plot.

ibyea

Banned
Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, episode 4
So this is essentially a very long prologue and first part of the final case. The way it ends... what could it mean?

So it is nice to control a Phoenix Wright who is much more experienced. He is a lot less willing to take crap from prosecutors and is more composed.

rrvv

Beef Stroganoff B-11

Ver is such a shit villain on almost every conceivable level.
I actually more annoyed on how the girls continues to actually bothered with him when it poetry obvious that he is terrible villain

Is like everyone is so stupid that even shitty villain like him can manipulate them

School Live ep 12 (final)
That was pretty good.
A nice and happy ending after I expected the absolute worst, but still there was room for some really emotional moments.
In conclusion, it was a cool send off for a more than decent series. Definitely one the shows worth watching this season.

Sterok

School-Live! 12

Nice speech by Yuki actually. And it's a better way of dealing with the zombies than smacking them around. Taroumaru's final death was sadder than I thought it would be. This show does know how to tug the heartstrings when it wants to. There's a real sense of relief here even though they should be dreading having to leave school. Fitting I suppose. Not very subtle with the graduation thing considering they're headed to either college or work. Welp, there's Kei. Solid ending overall.

A strong beginning and ending hampered by too much slice of life filler and fanservice in the middle. It was onto something, but it went in different directions for some reason. Still, the good stuff was really good overall. Despite the middle stuff it was probably my favorite anime of the season. Time to read the manga.

I accidentally skipped episode 6 of Nisemonogatari and ended up watching half of 7. Woops. Never made that mistake before. It was going alright until Kaiki said that Arararagi took half of Karen's pain, then i was sure I missed something.

Anyway, how can Monogatari get away with 27 minute long episodes?

Squishy3

Just did this class quest in FFXIV, and someone straight up does Morel's smoke technique from HXH, lol. Like he doesn't do the same thing, but the pose for him smoking and then exhaling is 100% the same.

School-Live 12

Started off strong, lost itself in SoL tropey-land with fan service, and finally picked itself up and ended strong. All in all it was a bit of an inconsistent experience, the show would have been much better without the unnecessary shtick that took place in a lot of the episodes. But whatever, it was entertaining.
Taroumaru's death was the worst. I can't deal with animals dying. Such a low blow. :'(
Not sure if the ending was made for people to go pick up the manga, or if it is an indication that it will have a second season.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Shimoneta - 05 *4 mins in*

This girl really
used her juices as a baking ingredient for this dude's cookies. Whaaaat the fuck.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 7-10

I'm really liking the build up here.

The big OH SHIT moment of the show hasn't happened yet but I can feel it inching closer every time I hear about the Titans doing nasty stuff, like capturing Fa's parents. Things are proceeding slowly, but smoothly.

Also: Zeta Char > MSG Char.

Jarmel

Banned
I actually more annoyed on how the girls continues to actually bothered with him when it poetry obvious that he is terrible villain

Is like everyone is so stupid that even shitty villain like him can manipulate them

You know what, you're absolutely right.

Everybody's IQ drops 30 points when he's around. This whole thing with Chris is too idiotic to believe.

Quasar

As I'm starting to tally up scores for the finished shows this season it was pretty abysmal.
Gangsta - 2
Rokka - 3
Gate - 2
MonMusu - 3
Shimoneta - 1
Akagami no Shirayukihime - 8
Himouto! Umaru-chan - 7

Time to find a new hobby.

Sounds like it.

My season looks something like:

Shimoneta - 6
Rokka - 6
Gate - 7
Oku-sama ga Seito Kaichou! - 5
Baby Steps 2 - 6
Akagami - 7
Non Non Biyori Repeat - 7
Monster Musume - 6
Ore Monogatari!! - 6
Jitsu wa Watashi wa - 5
Wakaba Girls - 6
Prison School - 6
Soma - 7
TLR Darkness 2 - 5
Charlotte - on hold
Seiyu's Life - on hold
Ranpo - dropped after 1
Clasroom Crisis - dropped after 1
Chaos Dragon - dropped after 1
Ushio to Tora - dropped after 1
Aoharu x Kikanjuu - dropped after 2
Godeater - dropped after 2
Joukamachi no Dandelion - dropped after 3
Gangsta - dropped after 2

And then looking at next season I think my watchlist is only 2 titles.

Gives me more time for manga and light novels I guess.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 7-10

I'm really liking the build up here.

The big OH SHIT moment of the show hasn't happened yet but I can feel it inching closer every time I hear about the Titans doing nasty stuff, like capturing Fa's parents. Things are proceeding slowly, but smoothly.

Also: Zeta Char > MSG Char.

Aside from his codename, you're goddamn right.

faridmon

Sounds like it.

Shimoneta - 6
Rokka - 6
Gate - 7
Baby Steps 2 - 6
Akagami - 7
Monster Musume - 6
Ore Monogatari!! - 6
Jitsu wa Watashi wa - 5
Wakaba Girls - 6
Prison School - 6
Soma - 7
TLR Darkness 2 - 5
Charlotte - on hold
Seiyu's Life - on hold
Ranpo - dropped after 1

Hmm, the only show I have watched from this season is Ore Monogatari and I love it. If there are more entertaining shows than that then I am set.

Planning to watch Working and Non Non Byori since I loved previous seasons.

Quasar

Hmm, the only show I have watched from this season is Ore Monogatari and I love it. If there are more entertaining shows than that then I am set.

Planning to watch Working and Non Non Byori since I loved previous seasons.

Forgot about Working. Didn't watch that as the prior seasons are still on my backlog. Same with Durarara.

Ore Monogatari I liked, but started to get bored in the middle. But it picked up a bit in the last third. My scoring is kind of particular though as I tend to be pretty hard in some senses, I rarely give out 8s or high (according to MAL of my 400 odd completed anime, less than 40 are about 7 and there is yet to be a 10 and only 2 9s (just Spice and Wolf and Natsume). On the other its has to be really bad to go below a 4. I really have a giant bell curve.

faridmon

Hearing so much about Ore Monogatari, should've picked it (instead of Umaru maybe).

You should. Its just a happy show, it may not progress much (depending what you expect from it) but its just too cute and reminds me of Brakamon
in the sense of there is no bad character and every charioteer is so damn lovable

Exalted

Sounds like it.

Shimoneta - 6
Rokka - 6
Gate - 7
Baby Steps 2 - 6
Akagami - 7
Monster Musume - 6
Ore Monogatari!! - 6
Jitsu wa Watashi wa - 5
Wakaba Girls - 6
Prison School - 6
Soma - 7
TLR Darkness 2 - 5
Charlotte - on hold
Seiyu's Life - on hold
Ranpo - dropped after 1

You didn't even try Overlord? I just found it strange, considering your avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom