• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Basically you're only hope of getting more Soma is if the anime causes the manga to get a bump in sales that justifies another season.

Manga sales have close to doubled if that matters. At least on the last volume it went from like ~250K to like ~500K.

I'm still confident we'll get an announcement of another season of Soma as soon as this one ends. The way they timed the ending to fall at the end of the preliminaries would make no sense otherwise

kewlmyc

Ushio and Tora 10

Hope we see more of Saya, she's cute. Her yokai is in the OP, so I assume we will. Good episode per the usual for this show. Just a campy as hell shounen. I assume it's going to jump the shark at some point like most shounen do though.

I'm so depressed Sentai got Ushio and Tora.

Because that show needs a good dub.

Also apparently Crunchy didn't get the latest episode of Gate in time.

They're gonna show it tomorrow.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ushio and Tora 10

Hope we see more of Saya, she's cute. Her yokai is in the OP, so I assume we will. Good episode per the usual for this show. Just a campy as hell shounen. I assume it's going to jump the shark at some point like most shounen do though.
I expect Ushio to form a team of yokai exterminators. Or some group like cowboy bebop.
I'm so depressed Sentai got Ushio and Tora.

Because that show needs a good dub.

Also apparently Crunchy didn't get the latest episode of Gate in time.

They're gonna show it tomorrow.
I remember the days when I used to watch dubs all the time because i thought subs were dumb as hell. I don't reallly miss those days. The jojo dub in particular feels foreign to me.

kewlmyc

I remember the days when I used to watch dubs all the time because i thought subs were dumb as hell. I don't reallly miss those days. The jojo dub in particular feels foreign to me.

At least the Jojo dub feels like it has effort put into it. I can't say that about any Sentai dub I've seen except the P4 Anime dub and maybe Angel Beats.

KanameYuuki

I finally decided to watch Yu Yu Hakusho completely because when I was younger CN decided to stop airing in my country for quite some time so I missed it all T~T, and I got to Younger Toguro's first appearance, man I seriously love that guy, his power build up during the next episodes is just so amazing, I remember being all hyped up every time he increased some % and always wondering how much of a boss he would be with his full power, this anime is just as good and I didn't remember it being so fast paced, the good old times without fillers.

Maken-Ki! Two - 04

Oh my so much Chacha! Pleasantly surprised that they've given her so much screen time so far this season, since she wasn't heavily featured in the first.
The initial meeting flashback between her and Kimi was sweet, and the use of grey coloring reflecting Kimi's past social life was a nice touch.

They did some creative stuff with the powers in relation to location (in this case a convention), like manga monsters being summoned and fighting them in (lewd) cosplays.
I'm assuming there is a shared publisher or something, as they weren't exactly hiding the other franchises
C8a8cfi.jpg

With all the ecchi shows we're watching, even the "clean" pics of ecchi shows are going to drag this thread into the 21st century of lewdness.

Mailbox

Grrr.

The anime network seems to have updated their site a substantial amount, but for some reason the anime that you should be allowed to watch for free there (labelled as "guest") aren't able to be viewed.

Anyone else having this problem?

With all the ecchi shows we're watching, even the "clean" pics of ecchi shows are going to drag this thread into the 21st century of lewdness.

I don't understand why you would connect a non lewd image with lewd. Are you implying that you're attracted to giant lobsters? (hey I don't judge)

Line_HTX

Japanese-Russian or Japanese-German accent in an anime would be neat, haha

I do like the English one with Kongou/Karen.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 8

Though not as eventful as was previously foreshadowed, this episode was a significant improvement over the majority that preceded it, skillfully balancing societal insight with an unsettling tension. Now that the political focus has been properly diminished into a mere undercurrent, the storytelling and, to an extent, the pacing has improved dramatically. Though not remotely ideal, the characters were filtered into the narrative of this episode in a far more reasonable fashion than at any point prior in this season, thankfully avoiding a repetitious focus on Gelsadra and Tsubasa’s increasingly uninteresting dynamic.

Tsubasa’s obnoxious naivety wasn’t quite as prevalent in this episode as it irritatingly had been, but, sadly, despite a fleeting moment of introspection and clarity, she again embraced her obstinate ideology and her devotion to Gelsadra. There will, of course, be a moment in which she‘ll finally be forced to acknowledge her own stupidity, which will, admittedly, be incredibly satisfying, but it’s rather unfortunate that such a once-promising character will have ultimately spent the majority of the season mired in an unlikable ignorance.

The most well-executed sequence within this episode, fleeting though it was, was the
confrontation between Hajime and the Kuu
, as it captured a tension that was exceedingly effective, benefited immensely by Hajime’s
unusually deft manner of handling conflicts
. Having been relegated to the passive periphery for the majority of this season, Hajime was finally allowed to become involved within the narrative, which strengthened this episode considerably. She’s not exactly a remarkable character, but her atypical personality instills an energy within the show that is quite refreshing.

The portrayal of society becoming increasingly suffocating to those who aren’t disposed to uniformity was very satisfying, as this particular thread has been thoroughly foreshadowed since the first episode. Though this fragment of the narrative hasn’t been as sharply written as I had hoped, excessively reliant as it is on a rather simplistic depiction of society’s decay, it nevertheless manages to consistently intrigue.
Rui’s compliance with the Kuu’s intentions
, though somewhat disappointing, was certainly understandable, considering the nature of his development throughout this season and the melancholic manner in which
his hopeful perspective of the world has been continuously shattered
. The Kuu are moderately engaging threats, though not nearly as compelling as Gelsadra himself. On that note, hopefully Gelsadra‘s
previous confrontation with Katze
is explored more fully as the story continues, since it remains the most intriguing aspect of Gelsadra‘s existence.

The direction was solid throughout, displaying a proficiency for relatively striking imagery that benefited several integral moments. Musically, Iwasaki‘s work continues to elevate each episode, often energizing moments that would otherwise be unremarkable. The animation, though still inconsistent, impressed on quite a few occasions, particularly in the final sequence.

All in all, this episode of Gatchaman Crowds Insight effectively established a narrative momentum that will hopefully illustrate a gradual improvement in quality as this season approaches its conclusion. The flaws that have unfurled as this season progressed remain, for the most part, untouched, but, thankfully, this episode began to transition the story past its uneventful and tedious constraints. The conclusion to this episode was a superb culmination to the disquieting dread that the Kuu’s arrival had filtered into the atmosphere. The imagery of
Alan, one of the few that had retained his independence, being consumed by one of the Kuu
strongly illustrated the devastating nature of their presence, as well as the extent of such a rapidly escalating conflict. As Gelsadra seems
ignorant of their effect on the world (and most everything else)
, it will be interesting to see how his villainy will be resolved. I would have likely preferred his motives to, at the very least, be quietly intentional in the societal ruination they inflict, but this approach remains illuminating and fairly promising.

I don't understand why you would connect a non lewd image with lewd. Are you implying that you're attracted to giant lobsters? (hey I don't judge)

I was....close to a lobster once. I...don't care to discuss it to be honest.

pinchy2.jpg

Also, as long as we're talking about Yu Yu Hakusho, I feel compelled to mention that Kuwabara is the best.

tumblr_mrnjzhpbnJ1szqepgo1_500.gif

Cornbread78

Classroom* Crisis ep.10
Wow, he got owned... big time. Guess that payback, but at the same time he was trying to protect A-Tec. Big bro is the true mastermind and the real dick... I calked ot that the Sensei's lil' sis had something for Nagisa, but with two episodes left, it's not going anywhere. Not sure why they tagged this with a "romance" label for the show. Also, that final eveal at the end confused the hell out of me, how are there two of the same person, one male and another female?

Cornbread78

Prison School ep.9
I really liked this episode because it just felt intense from start to finish and I was laughing out loud at some if the comedy bits especially Andre's dangling nipple hair. That lone tree in the desert comparison was great. I want to know how they get outta this one.

NeonZ

So here's the trailer for the second season of Garo.

It's basically just character art. I wonder how they'll look in animation, but I gotta wonder, I recall reading that the main character would be a woman.

If that person is armor is a woman, then she is really masculine looking.

It was said that the main character would be a woman, but she'd be a priestess anyway, not a knight. That promo does make it look like a male knight will be the lead anyway.

Gbraga

It's well...not Soul Eater.

It's a show about cute girls doing cute things, set in the Soul Eater world.

I didn't care for it.

eeeh, I really like cute girls doing cute things, but it's not what I want from Soul Eater, I guess. Unless it's paritcularly good at being this kind of show.

I know this is old but wtf? Disney is making a live action movie of Mulan and I just heard about it till today.

Oh well more Mulan is good for me I guess. Hopefully they don't fuck up because Mulan is pretty much one of my top favorite Disney Movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom