• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison School 9

Why isn't Gakuto the main lead of this show? Dude is basically the only one who is consistent in what he can accomplish.

Why is up with this music during the cheer? Sounds like Star Wars music at first to be honest.

Damn, everyone looks like they're in the freaking Marines.

Only 30% of her power! Don't let her reach her final form Kiyoshi!

Oh shit, she is gonna go full Frieza mode.

Kind of a weaker episode to be honest. The beginning dragged a lot.

Mandelbo

Akazukin Chacha 20

D5Swgkp.png

Xfle1Nz.png

t9yyshu.png

FJFKPgP.png

The principal is one terrifying woman.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Caught up on Animator Expo stuff today.

Buba & Bubulina stood way above everything else. Simple and effective storytelling with a highly appealing visual design. Comedy Skit 1989 was probably my second favorite, not because I was laughing out loud or anything but it felt snappy, amusing, and entertaining. Endless Night did not connect with me at all. Bureau of Proto Society was pretty alright. I don't think it really explored its concept that well, but the small bit at the end at least mde the watch worthwhile. Ultraman is...not for me. Hammerhead was nice enough. I liked the designs and themes but it felt overly emotional for how incomplete it seemed.

Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 21

Man, al these roster changes.

Rip
Anastasia
Rip
New Generations
Rip
Love Laika

never forget

Caught up on Animator Expo stuff today.
Comedy Skit 1989 was probably my second favorite, not because I was laughing out loud or anything but it felt snappy, amusing, and entertaining..

This is pretty interesting, the short also felt "snappy" and dynamic to me but all the jokes just really didn't land which made it one of the weaker shorts of the bunch, I'd like the animators to try again and make a show whith a different comedy style, maybe I would like that more.

Edit: What needed more exploring in Proto Society? I didn't really miss anything.

dimb

Edit: What needed more exploring in Proto Society? I didn't really miss anything.
I mean...it's a short so it's kind of limited. I think there's space for something like Proto Socieity to dissect how its interpretations of media from a lost era impact society. The entirety of the short wound up being more comical though, and all of that seemed pretty plain as a build up to one final punchline.

Ascheroth

Illya something something - 07

Damn. After 6 episodes of slice-of-lifeyness, we now enter the action part. And boy did it deliver. This was nearly 15 minutes of non-stop gloriously animated action goodness.
I'll be honest, I prefer this vastly over Unlimted Blade Works formula of having awesome but short action sequences broken up by long talking repeated ad infinitum (I know, not always, but you get the idea).
And it's not even over yet. Next episode, please.
Edit: oh yeah, I nearly forgot to mention: The meta-commentary during the transformation sequence was hilarious.

phaze

Ilya something something - 07

Damn. After 6 episodes of slice-of-lifeyness, we now enter the action part. And boy did it deliver. This was nearly 15 minutes of non-stop gloriously animated action goodness.
I'll be honest, I prefer this vastly over Unlimted Blade Works formula of having awesome but short action sequences broken up by long talking repeated ad infinitum (I know, not always, but you get the idea).

Will check it out, thanks for the heads up.

------

This E7 AO soundtrack really is pretty damn good. Granted i'm listening to 3 select tracks on repeat but still ...

Soma ep 22

Dat intensity!!!
I felt like I was watching an episode from KLK right there, so many epic moments in such a short time span.

And also...
Megumi qualifying to the next round after being almost dismissed by the judges, along with those really emotional glimpses from her life, make it one of the best moments of the year for me.

In short, add another awesome episode to the collection.

Soma 22

Man, the person who had to come up with all those different dishes must've worked his her ass of to make up all these unique and creative dishes, unbelievable.

Lot's of cool stuff happened but one small thing that I really liked was that
Yuki
and some of the other losers still got a nice ending, you knew that they weren't going to make it but all the good things that happened to them softened the blow a bit.

The last few episodes have been god tier, awesome!

Hojo proved that she's the biggest poser in history

Everyday we stray further from god's light

Ascheroth

Soma - 22

So good.
The B-block preliminaries continue on. All those dishes and reactions back-to-back, amazing.
Alice shows who the boss is, but Megumi fights on as well and makes it into the finale!
Meanwhile, it seems like A-block is running at hardcore-difficulty, but Soma gives zero fucks like always lol. Next up, Kurokiba!

Soma 22

Man, the person who had to come up with all those different dishes must've worked his ass of to think up all these unique and creative dishes, unbelievable.
*her :p
The cooking advisor for Soma is a woman.

...How... Why... What...

Soma 22

Was really looking forward to seeing the Aldini brothers facing each other. YayYay for Tadokoro!! You did well!! Can't wait to see Group A duke it out next week!

Prison School 9
The scene with Andre's nipple hair was pretty amazing. I liked the fact it was mirroring Kiyoshi's defeat earlier. These episodes finishing up this arc are going to be exciting

JulianImp

Illya something something - 07

Edit: oh yeah, I nearly forgot to mention: The meta-commentary during the transformation sequence was hilarious.

S1 never managed to interest me, I dropped S2 after it began with its mana sharing routine and S3 appeared to be no different from S2.

From what I've seen, it looks like a generic magical girl anime using the F/SN skin and characters, and with a bit of lampshade hanging and lewd situations involving grade schoolers, which is the main reason why I dropped it farily quickly and never looked back.

Prison School 09

I liked this episode a lot. Censorship kind of marred one of the scenes but that stopped bothering me episodes ago.

Idols CG 21

Pretty good episode. I don't know how to feel about all this splitting though. That's probably the point of it.

I mean...it's a short so it's kind of limited. I think there's space for something like Proto Socieity to dissect how its interpretations of media from a lost era impact society. The entirety of the short wound up being more comical though, and all of that seemed pretty plain as a build up to one final punchline.

Pretty much all the Animator Expos will be limited from their true potential from runtime except the music video ones but I think Proto Society didn't suffer as much from that as some of the other ones.

The thing with Hojo is that the path she's going down (or at least, was going down) was incredibly reminiscent of what happened with Shinomiya (Who was also disrespected by his employees, in his case for being a young foreigner). Even if she raised her skills high enough, that alone won't necessarily make people accept you

Classroom Crisis 10

Supposedly something bad happened politics wise. Since I don't understand any of it I can't say I was shocked or upset about it. Idk why I'm watching this, the show clearly wasn't made for me lol. I guess the big plot twist at the end was alright.

Symphogear GX - 10

Meh, I expected more stuff to happen after last weeks ending. The reveal wasn't a huge surprise either. Hibiki why aren't you determined to fist??
Symphogear has the best deep and thought provoking lyrics:

cLjwOvYm.jpg

dimb

Pretty much all the Animator Expos will be limited from their true potential from runtime except the music video ones but I think Proto Society didn't suffer as much from that as some of the other ones.
One of the dangers a piece of short work can easily face is that it just feels trite. Proto Society was that for me. It wasn't super short, so it built up to something that only provided the slightest moment of amusement.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Symphogear GX Episode 10:

I am looking forward to seeing the end of this season, god damn is this getting frustrating.

why is jitsu wa watashi wa so different compared to the manga? we have events stripped of characters happening 30 chapters later in the anime already

are they just going to try and push
eromine + youko
into 13 episodes?

if they're condensing the series, it'd be nice to see
class rep or mikan get the W
in the anime, but that seems pointless. also, how many anime watchers are gonna miss out on
rin and karen?
what a mess.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's TADOKORO FRIDAY!!

Shokugeki no Soma 22

I liked how they rearranged the prelims here. In the original manga, it just swung back and forth between the two halls repeatedly, but it really does makes sense to have Tadokoro's hall and Soma's hall done separately.

why is jitsu wa watashi wa so different compared to the manga? we have events stripped of characters happening 30 chapters later in the anime already

are they just going to try and push
eromine + youko
into 13 episodes?

what a mess.

Because they're not going to do more than a season, so they end up running it as a greatest hits of whatever they feel like. Its not that unusual with single-cour adaptations that are never getting a second season.

Soma - 22

*her :p
The cooking advisor for Soma is a woman.

Completely appropriately for a tosh-drawn series, the cooking advisor who comes up with the dishes is an underwear model.

It's TADOKORO FRIDAY!!

Shokugeki no Soma 22

I liked how they rearranged the prelims here. In the original manga, it just swung back and forth between the two halls repeatedly, but it really does makes sense to have Tadokoro's hall and Soma's hall done separately.

Because they're not going to do more than a season, so they end up running it as a greatest hits of whatever they feel like. Its not that unusual with single-cour adaptations that are never getting a second season.

I would have preferred no adaption at this point. It's being butchered, almost. They also kind of toned down the art style to make it more generic... Ehh.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! 7
Damn that episode was amazing. If you guys were waiting for the action to start to get rolling this season, now would be the time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would have preferred no adaption at this point. It's being butchered, almost. They also kind of toned down the art style to make it more generic... Ehh.

It doesn't bother me at all. My wife likes it well enough, and there's no way she'd ever read any kind of manga.

Oh, Prison School is censored? Hahaha.

If you have explicit sexual content or extreme gore and you air on TV, you're going to have to be censored (unless you're airing on AT-X). Some of the uncensored "Freedom Version" has been streamed on Nico.

Hopefully the BD sales go well that they greenlit another 26 episodes of Soma. Need more of every character.

Soma isn't selling many BDs, but I don't think that'll prevent it from getting another season.

Ascheroth

First volume sold terribly, and 2nd one is predicted to do similarly.

This is so frustrating. I don't even understand. Theorethically it should appeal to tons of different fanbases. It has female fanservice, male fanservice, hot characters of all genders and hot-blooded shonen "action" and so on. Is this because there is nothing the BD could uncensor? ...Ugh. Dammit, Japan.

Symphogear GX - 10

Eh. Let's hope the final battle will be back to ridiculous over-the-top symphogear nonsense, because those last few episodes were rather formulaic at times.
But one thing was awesome: I just noticed this episode that the tonfas of yellow doll were made out of coins. Amazing.

Soma 22

I like how they can get through 6-7 people per episode but it doesn't feel rushed.

Symphogear GX 10

How did Chris shoot a rocket while riding on it? I dunno I thought this episode would be amazing after last episodes cliffhanger and it really wasn't.

Again, it's very annoying how sometimes the songs are subbed and sometimes they aren't.

Symphogear GX - 10

Meh, I expected more stuff to happen after last weeks ending. The reveal wasn't a huge surprise either. Hibiki why aren't you determined to fist??
Symphogear has the best deep and thought provoking lyrics:

cLjwOvYm.jpg

Chris the best lyricist and best Symphogeah

Hopefully the BD sales go well that they greenlit another 26 episodes of Soma. Need more of every character.

Chances of it getting a S2 are pretty high.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 10:

Oh yea, after last week, this episode was a real return to form and also a good showcase of how to do moral complexity and making hard choices. I think this is going to be my Anime of the Season taking everything in consideration.

So here's the trailer for the second season of Garo.

It's basically just character art. I wonder how they'll look in animation, but I gotta wonder, I recall reading that the main character would be a woman.

If that person is armor is a woman, then she is really masculine looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom