• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

but not Little Busters. I should see what that is about. Thanks for the suggestions!

Little Busters is structured very much like Clannad where the first season is mostly character development and setup for Refrain. It's not as emotional as Clannad After Story by any stretch, but the ending is amazing.

Still plenty of feels

Shokgeku No Soma 22

Seeing Megumi's growth over the season has been a real treat, Hojo confirmed straight to jobber status and the younger Aldini is back to comedy relief. The a-block finals should be even more entertaining to watch.

Ushio & Tora 10

This show continues to excel, Saya is another great addition to the story and I look forward to later arcs when all of the allies of Ushio & Tora come back to aide them in the big battle being foreshadows FMA style.

Ushio & Tora 10

This show continues to excel, Saya is another great addition to the story and I look forward to later arcs when all of the allies of Ushio & Tora come back to aide them in the big battle being foreshadows FMA style.

Without spoiling anything specific, literally everything in Ushio and Tora comes back by the end of the series. The final battle is a huge culmination of everything that happened in the series, and even stuff that seems like pointless filler ultimately ends up playing a part by the end

Prison School Live Action Cast
09QwgzQ.jpg

I like how Andre isn't much fatter than everyone else.

Without spoiling anything specific, literally everything in Ushio and Tora comes back by the end of the series. The final battle is a huge culmination of everything that happened in the series, and even stuff that seems like pointless filler ultimately ends up playing a part by the end

Yeah I've heard this from other manga readers so I'm very excited as FMA the manga/brotherhood anime is one of my favorite things ever.

Deadly

Charlotte 10
Didn't expect both
flashback and rescuing Ayumi
to last only one episode. Wonder what's next?

Charlotte 10

Very, very good. Cuts away any filler or fluff that they could've done and got straight on with business. I thought
something bad was going to happen by the end but it all worked out by the end. I guess we will see what happens next week
. I am excited to see what happens next.

Shokugeki no Soma 22

This show continues to entertain me so much it's almost unfair. Every episode is just a great watch. However, I will never forgive the show for getting rid of the Spice ED. Especially with the theme and plot of this second part of the show!

Ascheroth

Charlotte - 10

I'm a bit conflicted on this episode. Flashback was pretty nice and explained some things and the follow-up
saving Ayumi
was pretty logical, but
I liked her more when she was dead..
Also some of the comedy felt pretty awkward considering how important the stuff they were doing was supposed to be.

Feltrol

Banned
Charlotte 10

So I was right that they knew Yuu's real power.
3 episodes left -- wonder what will happen next...

Deadly

Gate 10
Since it's a 2-cour show, looks like we might get the entire series animated. Excited for what's to come.

jman2050

Working!!! 10

I guess all it took was
the 'threat' of his mother
for Takanashi to finally get over himself. Also his mom owns.

The end is coming soon and I am sad.

Cornbread78

Ok, now everything makes sense with the additional story information on how everything worked. Now, did Sala have that same ability? Interesting that they are still toying with Nao x Yuu, but not moving forward ay all.

Shimoneta 10

Yeah I think I'm past the point where this is consistently enjoyable, this episode really showed just how much the jokes are recycled.

Qurupeke

Charlotte 10

Great episode. I like that everything paid off.

It's nice that until now the big brother and little sister stories appear to have been concluded. This leaves three whole episodes for other stuff. I guess Yuu's relationship with Tomori will be the most significant part of them. I doubt they're bother any more with Tomori's brother(he'll probably recover in the end and that will be it) but I guess scientists or something will attack the school. Maybe we'll even see a repetition of time jumps, from Yuu this time.

Also, I loved the moment they scared that annoying crazy girl. Her face when she left was priceless. I was afraid that she'd kill someone and they'd had to repeat the time jumps, but everything went smoothly. Yuu's power is overpowered after all.

Maybe this time we'll see his ability's real consequences, as a 5-seconds use isn't really awful for something that steals other abilities.

There's only 2 episodes left, you've come this far!

I'm not going to drop it but the show would be so much better if there were any signs of progression past those first few episodes where they stopped Anna's mom, it's just been meandering about using the same shtick since then

I'm not going to drop it but the show would be so much better if there were any signs of progression past those first few episodes where they stopped Anna's mom, it's just been meandering about using the same shtick since then

I don't even care about progression, the show just isn't funny right now. They've taken every gag they have and run it right into the ground.

Firemind

Prison School #9

Hiroshi Kamiya is awesome. I'm normally not a fan of internal screaming, but the way he delivers when he sees a vagina is fantastic. Godspeed.

Baalzebup

I don't even care about progression, the show just isn't funny right now. They've taken every gag they have and run it right into the ground.

Boo. Here I had just reached the part MetroidPrimeRib mentioned and then it has gone sour? Disheartening, to say the least. But I guess that is the danger of shows like this one.

Charlotte 10

Awesome episode.

Wait,
didnt Yu possess the glasses dude a couple of times but he retained his powers? So how did the others lose theirs? I thought "loot" was more like if he possess someone he gets their powers without stripping the original of theirs.

The music in this episode really reminded me of Angel Beats. Its a Key show after all.

Ok, now everything makes sense with the additional story information on how everything worked. Now, did Sala have that same ability? Interesting that they are still toying with Nao x Yuu, but not moving forward ay all.

Yeah probably. That would be the first time in the series where two people have the same powers.

Charlotte 10

Great episode. I like that everything paid off.

It's nice that until now the big brother and little sister stories appear to have been concluded. This leaves three whole episodes for other stuff. I guess Yuu's relationship with Tomori will be the most significant part of them. I doubt they're bother any more with Tomori's brother(he'll probably recover in the end and that will be it) but I guess scientists or something will attack the school. Maybe we'll even see a repetition of time jumps, from Yuu this time.

Also, I loved the moment they scared that annoying crazy girl. Her face when she left was priceless. I was afraid that she'd kill someone and they'd had to repeat the time jumps, but everything went smoothly. Yuu's power is overpowered after all.

Maybe this time we'll see his ability's real consequences, as a 5-seconds use isn't really awful for something that steals other abilities.

I've been thinking what could happen after this. I realized that
we didn't see Tomori, Yusa or Glasses-kun at the end of the episode at all and for some reason I don't believe that is for nothing. So the next few episodes might be Yuu trying to save those three.

Shimoneta 10

Is...is her penishead....pulsing?

Shit just got real. Or not?

Is Anna going through scent withdrawals?

This is a surprisingly brief but well animated fight at the end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
we didn't see Tomori, Yusa or Glasses-kun at the end of the episode at all and for some reason I don't believe that is for nothing. So the next few episodes might be Yuu trying to save those three.

Tomori was invisible and there during the end part although she wasn't with them as they met up with Shunsuke's crew, no.

So recently an online poll was done to see the sequels that anime fans wanted the most...and you know what?

I agree with most of this list.

10.) Sword Art Online.
9.) Mushi-Shi.
8.) No Game No Life.
7.) Big Windup!
6.) Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club.
5.) Senyu.
4.) Yona of the Dawn.
3.) Natsume Yujin-Cho.
2.) Hozuki no Reitetsu
1.) Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun..

Most of the votes however, came from women.

That said, you're never getting a sequel to No Game No Life or Yona of the Dawn.

Nevah

Evah

Son.

Rokka 10

New Guilt/Not-guilty percentages.

Guilty
Nash 59% (As I've said before something has felt off about her and now it's coming to light. Wouldn't surprise me if she has some kind of split personality.)
Mora 40% (While she's doing super super suspect actions, she just seems like a big red herring at this point.)
Goldof 1% (Just can't trust the guy 100%)

Not Guilty
Hans (Cleared multiple times)
Flamey (Cleared multiple times and again this episode)
Chamot (Just a psychopath)
Adlet (Is the MC so extremely doubtful)

I'm still going with Yuus Brothers group
being double agents without Yuus brother knowing. In this episode, they looked kind of suspicious when they pulled up to the curb. something definitely felt off about that scene. If they were working with the enemy, the scientists would be using his time leap without him ever knowing it so that they could gather a load of power users instead of a small handful.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Working!!!

I'm not sure what's so scary about Takemomshi other than she's a troll.

I'm still going with Yuus Brothers group
being double agents without Yuus brother knowing. In this episode, they looked kind of suspicious when they pulled up to the curb. something definitely felt off about that scene. If they were working with the enemy, the scientists would be using his time leap without him ever knowing it so that they could gather a load of power users instead of a small handful.

I'm pretty sure this is correct. The reason Big Bro's "plans" never worked was probably because the group he was with was sabotaging them.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Charlotte Episode 10:

I think I remember this episode of Stein's;Gate and indeed I think that series did this whole deal much better.

Line_HTX

So recently an online poll was done to see the sequels that anime fans wanted the most...and you know what?

I agree with most of this list.

10.) Sword Art Online.
9.) Mushi-Shi.
8.) No Game No Life.
7.) Big Windup!
6.) Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club.
5.) Senyu.
4.) Yona of the Dawn.
3.) Natsume Yujin-Cho.
2.) Hozuki no Reitetsu
1.) Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun..

Most of the votes however, came from women.

That said, you're never getting a sequel to No Game No Life or Yona of the Dawn.

Nevah

Evah

Son.

The ladies love Kirito Cena.

I love the journey that is Mushi-shi.

I don't know anything else but I 100% agree with Nozaki-kun. Dat Seo and Kashima.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 09

Hahahahahahahahaha fuck Tsubasa

Even with this new plotline about panty dude the jokes are still pretty much the same, it sucks

Ascheroth

Rokka - 10

Fuck you, Maura. Just fuck you.

Man, another intense episode. Everything's going down.
But at least Adlet has finally convinced
Flamie
"For a long time... Well, since yesterday, I guess..." lol Adlet.

I like to believe that Maura is the fake just because of how much she pissed me off this episode, but she probably isn't exactly because of how shitty she acted. But still, it's either her, Bunny Ears or Goldov. Everyone else has been cleared. Leaning more towards Bunny Ears myself. The way she constantly overdramatically overreacts to everything irks me somehow.
But no matter who turns out to be the fake, I really want to see how the real ones are going to apologize after this mess is over. Especially Maura, if she turns out to be innocent. A simple 'Sorry, I was wrong' isn't going to cut it after all the shit they pulled.

What in the fuck...

I need to lie down because I got a headache from losing millions of brain cells. Goodness, the lady narrating was like one of those bus tour people putting on a facade with that cringe happy voice. Not sure what's worse, that or the Domino's Miku commercial, haha

When anime gets too real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom