• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 9

Woah. Seems Gelsandra isn't the real villain anymore? If the riddle of JJ is what I think, the VAPE leader is the one that changes, but people will now go against Gelsandra, who is the obious scapegoat. I really hope that the end battle will be Gatchaman vs VAPE vs Gelsandra now. We haven't seen Rizumu's NOTE and Red CROWDS vs Kuu-sama is a nice way to have a big battle going on. Maybe even Berg Katze himself will take part... Still, I want to see where Gel will stand at the end of all these. He's not bad, he just has a very different way to approach the whole "Unite" thing.

Also, I'm annoyed that Joe is getting beaten all the time by the enemy. And Sugane keeps following him and gets beaten too... And goddamn Tsubasa. She is going to be a last minute heroine, isn't she? I don't like that approach, considering that the entire season she was oblivious.

On another note, I loved the wordplay with atmosphere. It stroke me as odd that Gel had air based abilities, but it's clear now why. And they're pretty badass abilities too...

I've been thinking what could happen after this. I realized that
we didn't see Tomori, Yusa or Glasses-kun at the end of the episode at all and for some reason I don't believe that is for nothing. So the next few episodes might be Yuu trying to save those three.

Yusarin becoming a damsel in distress seems fitting considering how useless she is.

JulianImp

I haven't been watching any anime since Thursday because there's a game dev event going on that ends tomorrow, so I guess I'll end up binge-watching to catch up to my weekly shows, and also on the current Let's Watch.

Seeing that Classroom Crisis screnshot with the subtitles "But you love him" on it makes me think the show has crashed and burned bad, only not as bad as Gakkou Gurashi merely because my expectations for it weren't all that high to begin with.

Sad to hear that we got no DRRR!! this week, since it and Rokka are the two shows I actually kind of care for this season (Non Non Biyori as well, but it isn't the kind of show I feel like I've just got to stay up to date on).

Gatchaman Crowds S2 isn't shaping up to be nearly as interesting as S1, Gakkou Gurashi has already done its Halt and Catch Fire routine but might pick the pace back up now that things are about to get serious. Then there's Soma which is somewhat decent, and Charlotte, which sadly isn't.

Prison School Live Action Cast
09QwgzQ.jpg

For some strange reason, the guy standing on the right instantly reminded me of Kogoro Mouri...

So recently an online poll was done to see the sequels that anime fans wanted the most...and you know what?

I agree with most of this list.

10.) Sword Art Online.
9.) Mushi-Shi.
8.) No Game No Life.
7.) Big Windup!
6.) Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club.
5.) Senyu.
4.) Yona of the Dawn.
3.) Natsume Yujin-Cho.
2.) Hozuki no Reitetsu
1.) Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun..

Most of the votes however, came from women.

That said, you're never getting a sequel to No Game No Life or Yona of the Dawn.

Nevah

Evah

Son.

Yes. Absolutely. Moar Nozaki-kun plox.

Sölf

So recently an online poll was done to see the sequels that anime fans wanted the most...and you know what?

10.) Sword Art Online.
9.) Mushi-Shi.
8.) No Game No Life.
7.) Big Windup!
5.) Senyu.
4.) Yona of the Dawn.
3.) Natsume Yujin-Cho.
2.) Hozuki no Reitetsu

That said, you're never getting a sequel to No Game No Life or Yona of the Dawn.

Nevah

Evah

Son.
We need more Yona and more No Game No Life. At least the light novels of NGNL now get english releases. I should get my first in the next few days.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 9:

So basically the Kuus are The Buddy Bears and The Gatchman are The Big Bad Buddy Bird, it is as I figured and also 10 brownie points if you understand this reference. To put it another way the complainer is not just wrong, they are an ideological eyesore who must be eliminated at the first deviant thought by the tyranny of the majority.

Sterok

Charlotte 10

Things are going well. Too well. Something has to be screwing everything up behind the scenes. If not, then everything has been too east thus far.

Shimoneta 10

Confirmation that Kosuri really is the worst. The absolute worst.

Rokka 10
Maura is being a complete asshole.
The mastermind way of her doing things makes me think its her. Lying about Hans to get Adlet targeted is a really big flag. Either she's the 7th or she is so fixated on Adlet being the 7th she is throwing out reason.

Working!!3 Ep. 10

Man Souta's mom is a horrible human being lol. I really do feel bad for Kozue though. She looked like your typical shoujo manga lead, the popular and well liked girl until the mommy issues turned her into an alcoholic.

e_i

Working!!! episode 10

I hope Minami survives. I'm rooting for you Minami!

Shinometa episode 10

I knew that bitch would
betray them.

Charlotte episode 10

Well, that was easy. Too easy.

Kalentan

Gate 10

I think i'm falling out love with this show. I really liked it up until this point but ever since introducing US as both really incompetent but also mustache twirling evil is just...
Like I don't think the show needed to make the US to be out as this super friendly and powerful nation, but the portrayal here just seems... Bad? I guess. Thus far it seems like:
Japan - Good, Rest of Earth - Evil.

I'd much rather be interested if they had introduced other nations in ways that weren't antagonistic. Like what if after a while, Scientist from around the world were sent through the Gate
to do a collaborative. I would be fine with the shows: "GO JAPAN...!" nationalisim... if it didn't include "...FUCK EVERYONE ELSE." at the end.

Russ T

Banned

10.) Sword Art Online.
9.) Mushi-Shi.
8.) No Game No Life.
7.) Big Windup!
5.) Senyu.
4.) Yona of the Dawn.
3.) Natsume Yujin-Cho.
2.) Hozuki no Reitetsu

Nevah

Evah

Son.

I don't know most of those and I have no interest in (read: dislike) a few of those and Mushishi's second season was a let down...

But I'd fucking love me some new Hozuki no Reitetsu. I loved that one, and no one else I talk to about anime seems to even want to acknowledge its existence.

Gate 10

I think i'm falling out love with this show. I really liked it up until this point but ever since introducing US as both really incompetent but also mustache twirling evil is just...
Like I don't think the show needed to make the US to be out as this super friendly and powerful nation, but the portrayal here just seems... Bad? I guess. Thus far it seems like:
Japan - Good, Rest of Earth - Evil.

I'd much rather be interested if they had introduced other nations in ways that weren't antagonistic. Like what if after a while, Scientist from around the world were sent through the Gate
to do a collaborative. I would be fine with the shows: "GO JAPAN...!" nationalisim... if it didn't include "...FUCK EVERYONE ELSE." at the end.

It is kind of a bummer, because I also hate that shit in US shows. But at least it's a nice reversal of direction compared to those US shows!

Cornbread78

Charlotte episode 10
Well, that was easy. Too easy.

Charlotte 10

Things are going well. Too well. Something has to be screwing everything up behind the scenes. If not, then everything has been too east thus far.

Yeah, some shit is gonna go down next week. The Nao x Yuu thing is being put off for a reason, something will tear them apart before anything can happen; a tragedy is coming centered around Yuu being the "remover" ability..

I just gave to watch Gate, Rokja, Shinometa and Working later, lol.

Kalentan

It is kind of a bummer, because I also hate that shit in US shows. But at least it's a nice reversal of direction compared to those US shows!

Honestly I can't recall many US shows that actually do both: "GO USA!" and then "...Fuck everyone else." portion. And if they do it's stupid there. And for those that do it, just cause it's a nice reversal doesn't makes it any better.

I guess sometimes I get annoyed by that in animes, where it seems like anyone not in from Japan is either typically Evil or Incompetent or both. I feel like it's rare to find a positive portrayal of another country in animes. So GATE is becoming tiresome to me. :(

Sterok

Aikatsu 149

The leftovers form their unit. Juri takes the center role by default. Why is it so hard to make good unit names? Vanilla Chili Pepper? Rin, you're supposed to be better than that. ChicaxChica is one of the better songs, so props for their theme. No way they can take on any of the big heavy hitters though. Next episode,
called it. Tristar revival. No way Yurika, Kaede, and Mizuki weren't going to get a performance after Dreaca and freaking Shion got to dance. Plus we're in a position where Shion has gotten more attention than Kaede this season, and that cannot stand.

kierwynn

Yeah, some shit is gonna go down next week. The Nao x Yuu thing is being put off for a reason, something will tear them apart before anything can happen; a tragedy is coming centered around Yuu being the "remover" ability..

I just gave to watch Gate, Rokja, Shinometa and Working later, lol.

Everyone is just gonna sit there and be anxious for the terrible thing to happen now, but the twist is that everything went well, there is no tragedy and everything is going to be okay.
as if lol

GATE - 10

The US being the stereotypical villain trope is annoying but next episode seems to be done with that and going back to the fantasy world.

I also find Rory to be annoying as fuck, but anime be anime.

But overall I'm still enjoying this anime.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 9

I'm really not sure where this is going anymore, Vape got what they wanted by getting rid of the Crowds... which of course were just replaced by the Kuu which are clearly far worse then the Crowds ever were, so is his plan to get everyone to turn on Gel so that the Kuu will get rid of him thereby disappearing themselves? And Hajime figured this out which is why she wants to protect Gel? I honestly have no idea where this is going.

Tsubasa continues to be useless though it seems now she might finally get a kick in the ass by grandpa to stop being awful

Razmos

Shimoneta episode 10: I quite liked this episode. It wasn't quite as funny but they have to put some plot in there somewhere.

As usual the best moment though was an Anna moment

lonely

I really liked the direction in this weeks episode of Rokka. I loved the shot of the blades spinning reflected in Nashetania's eyes implying that she snapped.

Rokka 10

It's funny even though it's super obvious who the 7th is at this point watching Adlet prove his and the others innocence while fighting off super powerful characters is still extremely compelling. Rokka has truly become one of my surprise favorite series and I hope someone picks up the books for official release in the US as trying to read fan translations of Japanese novels is always miserable.

Line_HTX

Food Wars 17

On break, goes back home to find the shopping district is a ghost town because of a new hot takeout place at the train station. Soma gets the help from Kurase and Ikumi to check the food out. Kurase marvels at Ikumi like she gonna bow down to her. Anyways, the person running the kara-age place is pretty belligerent. She look like she's being funded by a shadow organization with that attitude. Finally they decide they should use the shopping district to their advantage. This should be fun for not being at Totsuki Academy.

GATE 05

Damn, the princess doesn't know what she's doing. At least she's smart enough to determine that Itami's forces aren't hostile and let them in. The Knights know better than to go against an Apostle of Death.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight - 09

IvVXqqX.gif

Not sure why
VAPE guy is back
, but whatever, let's keep this unpredictable until the fucking end.

Maken-Ki! Two - 05

Ahhhh c'mon! You just had to ruin the moment! That high school version of the nurse just felt strange, I could've been without it. I find the idea of Takeru fighting against his own uncontrollable desires to shape form, in unwanted situations, amusing.
If the amount of tension in this episode was a nutrient substance, it would've been able to solve world hunger.
NSFL
951vaGam.jpg

Rokka eps 3-10

This isn't the show I thought it'd end up being but it's awesome either way. Love how the princess went all yandere. Even with the initial signs, didn't see that coming because I didn't think it was that type of show.

kewlmyc

Rokka 10

Gotta love rabbits, so quick to turn on you. Adlet is one smooth motherfucker in order to win Flamie over like that. Same with Hans, had they not had that quick change of heart, he would have been dead both times. At this pace, we should be finding out the traitor in 2 more episodes.

Charlotte 10

I was expecting Yu to somehow botch the whole thing, but everything turned out fine. I wonder what the final 3 episodes are going to be about now?

Rokka 10

Gotta love rabbits, so quick to turn on you. Adlet is one smooth motherfucker in order to win Flamie over like that. Same with Hans, had they not had that quick change of heart, he would have been dead both times. At this pace, we should be finding out the traitor in 2 more episodes.

The season also ends in two episodes so I'd hope they'd reveal who the 7th is at that time :p

Squalor

Fuuuck, Rokka no Yuusha was phenomenal again.

No matter what they do, talk, argue, fight, everything is handled so well. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat every episode at this point.

Squalor

As I said and discussed with someone after episode nine, Maura must be a red herring who's focusing on Adlet only because he's an unknown, so to her it makes the most sense.

She's also the head of all Saints, so she's not used to being wrong, and she's clearly rather prideful.

Come on, Hans, get your ass out there. They need you.

Man I had such a blast at the Expo. So many people! Tons of Kiritos, Asunas, Kanekis, Erens, Mikasas, etc as expected. Very little Soma love though. Bought 3 figures and some artsy posters (Okami, Metroid, Evangelion) to put up in my room. Now heading home, got tons of anime to watch today.

Line_HTX

Man I had such a blast at the Expo. So many people! Tons of Kiritos, Asunas, Kanekis, Erens, Mikasas, etc as expected. Very little Soma love though. Bought 3 figures and some artsy posters (Okami, Metroid, Evangelion) to put up in my room. Now heading home, got tons of anime to watch today.

Damn, shame there's no Erinas, Alices, and Ikumis.

Cornbread78

Hey, I asked for pictures of those Kirito and Asuna's, lol show us the goods!

Cornbread78

Nevah
Evah
Son.

1) Sword Art Online.
2) Yona of the Dawn.
3) No Game No Life.
4) Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun..

This is a good order right here. I'd take these....

Squishy3

ngnl is the only show i've ever dropped without even finishing the first episode

i think it's a fairly inoffensive list all things considered, surprised hozuki and nozaki topped the list

John Blade

Just converting my Blu-ray anime collection I have own and put it into my HDD. Man, just a quick pick of Nadia The Secret of Blue Water on Blu-ray and DVD I own look so nice and crisp face to face. Unfortunately, to convert all my Blu-ray collection will take few days as I own few and they tend to take an hour to convert one Blu-ray disc into data files. Also, need another new HDD for it but was prepared for it. Just need a good case for the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom