• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aquarion Logos 10

Whoever wrote this show really needs to get Akira's dick out of their mouth. Never has a certain character been the key to winning EVERY battle in a Aquarion series than Akira. Other characters are just utterly unable to stand on their own without Akira being right there because the solution to every single problem one has in their lives in this story is Akira.

ok, after rewatching the rokka entirely, i change my answer to
| Mora |

I don't care if its a red herring, it makes the most sense since they are the one's who haven't had any dialogue that rids them of guilt. That and there are just too many clues.

If this turns out to be a red herring then it's a damn good one.

You're getting baited by the red herring trope, there is no evidence that hints at it being Mora outside of the fact she's doing everything in her power to get rid of Adlet. The series recent push to make you really dislike Mora is intentional it's diverting your eyes away from the actual clues that point to the real 7th. Mora didn't have the opportunity to frame Adlet as she never met him before entering the temple, she couldn't count on him going to the place to learn about the fake method to activate the barrier, and she couldn't count on him rushing ahead which lead to him being framed as the 7th. The actual 7th did all these things to ensure their infiltration into the group would go unnoticed, only one character had the opportunity for all those instances to play out.

If that's who it's going to be I'd like the show to give a really good explanation as to why he/she did it lol.

Actually, I'm really interested in seeing the big reveal which is coming up soon, the mystery element has elevated the show because all the events and conversations just get that extra bit of intrigue, if they can't give all of that a very satisfying payoff I'm going to be a bit dissapointed.

Half the fun in Rokka is trying to figure out who the fake is yourself. I find it pretty interesting that no one so far seems certain who it is and we have all those different theories. That's a pretty great achievement in my book.
My theories:
I think the same about Maura. She's either a red herring or the fact that she so obviously screams red herring is a red herring in itself. But yeah, I don't think she is it after last episode.
Nachetania is getting more suspicious by the minute. With what Adlet said last episode about the possibilty that the barrier was only activated once everyone was assembled, I can't help but remember her unnatural outburst where she waved her swords around, destroyed parts of a pedestal and scattered some pages. But that could also be a red herring.
Goldov is interesting. He's done nothing of note so far and with each episode gets more overshadowed by crazy princess. That's reason enough to think he's really suspicious, like you said. But I dunno, it's like they all have an equal chance of being the fake. I'm leaning more towards Nachetania myself.

This is what good anime does. It creates smart discussions that are interesting. In a medium that is plagued with tropes and fan service, one that recently had a poll to choose the bustiest girl of the year (lol), this type of discussion is what I am all about instead, yet it barely ever happens. This show is too good. So good that 10 episodes in, I still don't know who the hell the bad guy/gal is simply because they are all too suspicious for one or another reason. It is a shame that this most likely won't sell in Japan because it doesn't have enough chest/panty shots, and we probably won't ever get a sequel. I may actually have to pick up the LNs. Are there translations of those?

Ascheroth

This is what good anime does. It creates smart discussions that are interesting. In a medium that is plagued with tropes and fan service, one that recently had a poll to choose the bustiest girl of the year (lol), this type of discussion is what I am all about instead, yet it barely ever happens. This show is too good. So good that 10 episodes in, I still don't know who the hell the bad guy/gal is simply because they are all too suspicious for one or another reason. It is a shame that this most likely won't sell in Japan because it doesn't have enough chest/panty shots, and we probably won't ever get a sequel. I may actually have to pick up the LNs. Are there translations of those?

Absolutely agree with everything you said! Looking at anime sales is always so frustrating...
This also makes me think that watching Rokka weekly is actually better then watching everything in one sitting. Forces you to think about it yourself instead of just starting the next episode :)
Would also like to know the situation with the LNs as I think I'm going to start reading them once the anime is over.

It is a shame that this most likely won't sell in Japan because it doesn't have enough chest/panty shots, and we probably won't ever get a sequel.

It's a mistake to assume that panty shots are correlated with sales. You can have a show filled with them sell very poorly (e.g., Punchline) and a show without them sell incredibly (UtaPri, by far the best selling TV anime of this year, or Blood Blockade Battlefront). The actions of the Japanese anime disc buying market are not so simple to predict.

Absolutely agree with everything you said! Looking at anime sales is always so frustrating...
This also makes me think that watching Rokka weekly is actually better then watching everything in one sitting. Forces you to think about it yourself instead of just starting the next episode :)
Would also like to know the situation with the LNs as I think I'm going to start reading them once the anime is over.

I've seen 3 translated online, but nothing official. The 4th volume also has started being translated, but the translation seems to be ongoing. There are currently 6 volumes in Japan

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
People can have different opinions on whether they like a show or not. To say it's the worst world building in fiction is both hyperbole and untrue. The show at least on here, Reddit and MAL seems to resonate with people. So while the majority is definitely not always right your opinion seems to be a bit of an outlier.
They can have different opinions. I'd like to assure you that it is genuinely not hyperbole when I say that Gangsta has some of the least convincing world building I've come across in a long time, with many of its locations and factions seeming like half-built houses with the foundation still exposed. Citing that it "resonates" with people does not really create some merit or worth to the world itself. As I said before, I am well aware of why people watch the show. Actually I think we can head to MAL to really verify this.
hK3qmWp.jpg
Highlight 'hot' older guys. Highlight a gritty environment full of guns, drugs, and prostitutes. Add a dash of prejudice against magic/mutants that's easier for people to latch on to than racial or ethnic prejudice.

Like most modern media: "good characters" translates to "people I want to bang or hang out with at the bar." Gangsta is not even really a character focused story. Its entirety is built up around revealing the world through the characters, who each show a different side of it, and gradually piecing together the darker plot that sits just off-screen that threatens to overturn the established order of the setting.

Yup each week I'm at the edge of my seat just wondering "who dun' it" and it's great. So much suspense.

It's a mistake to assume that panty shots are correlated with sales. You can have a show filled with them sell very poorly (e.g., Punchline) and a show without them sell incredibly (UtaPri, by far the best selling TV anime of this year, or Blood Blockade Battlefront). The actions of the Japanese anime disc buying market are not so simple to predict.
Well yeah what I said is obviously a snarky little hyperbole but one has to admit that pandering does exist, and it exists in the majority of anime because it sells. Heck even Rokka's female designs are a bit fan servicey, but at least we haven't gotten any camera angles that actually focus on those parts.

I've seen 3 translated online, but nothing official. The 4th volume also has started being translated, but the translation seems to be ongoing. There are currently 6 volumes in Japan
Hmm pretty good thanks. Is what we are watching the whole first book? Or just the initial part of it?

https://twitter.com/kraker2k/status/640490888544829441
https://twitter.com/liborek3/status/640494075058233344

One Punch Man had some sort of preview today. Action animation is looking good! :)

I suppose that's from his start as superhero? As good as it's the animation, ironically, what I thought was "bad adaptation, he shouldn't have any problems with these mooks! the entire premise is him being bored with the monsters!".

Also, it would be even funnier if Saitama "funny" face wasn't like this
wTMp8tG.png

but done in the way of "quality" faces of a badly scheduled series in mid season. Image all the secondary characters well drawn and somehow his face would be like
1338297340121.jpg
or
78db55ec23a4e1acbcae16cfce5f253b.jpg

Yup each week I'm at the edge of my seat just wondering "who dun' it" and it's great. So much suspense.

Well yeah what I said is obviously a snarky little hyperbole but one has to admit that pandering does exist, and it exists in the majority of anime because it sells. Heck even Rokka's female designs are a bit fan servicey, but at least we haven't gotten any camera angles that actually focus on those parts.

Hmm pretty good thanks. Is what we are watching the whole first book? Or just the initial part of it?

Whole first book. Though I feel like there is a chance they might cut out one part of the epilogue that kind of sets up for the next story and the future in general if they don't have any plans of a sequel season

Whole first book. Though I feel like there is a chance they might cut out one part of the epilogue that kind of sets up for the next story and the future in general if they don't have any plans of a sequel season
The way the show is being done, one would think there would be multiple seasons to it, having the main threat still exist by the end of the season, but more often than not we get anime to just advertise the main product. Who knows, I will hold out for a while and see if we get any news about a second season. If not, I will definitely go straight to those fan translations lol.

The way the show is being done, one would think there would be multiple seasons to it, having the main threat still exist by the end of the season, but more often than not we get anime to just advertise the main product. Who knows, I will hold out for a while and see if we get any news about a second season. If not, I will definitely go straight to those fan translations lol.

My one fear is that if the thing I'm talking about does happen in the anime, it might leave a bad taste in some people's mouths. I don't think it should, but I could see people being unhappy with it, especially in light of not being able to see future volumes in the anime (unless a sequel happens)

Ascheroth

Thanks!

I suppose that's from his start as superhero? As good as it's the animation, ironically, what I thought was "bad adaptation, he shouldn't have any problems with these mooks! the entire premise is him being bored with the monsters!".

Now that you're saying that, I'm conflicted lol. Oh well, just have to wait and see.

Like most modern media: "good characters" translates to "people I want to bang or hang out with at the bar." Gangsta is not even really a character focused story.
We must be watching completely different shows. The characters in the show I watch are so completely damaged and dangerous that I wouldn't want to hangout or "bang" any of them. Even though Alex is highly sexualized, her story is so plainly tragic that it's very hard to feel anything but sorry for her. And just as an FYI I don't watch anime because I want to bang 2D characters.

Thanks!

Now that you're saying that, I'm conflicted lol. Oh well, just have to wait and see.
Spoilers for a minor OPM story
Well, the one where he has some trouble is actually just a dream. Then he wakes up and sees an actual mole people invasion, but they're quickly defeated by him and surrender easily

My one fear is that if the thing I'm talking about does happen in the anime, it might leave a bad taste in some people's mouths. I don't think it should, but I could see people being unhappy with it, especially in light of not being able to see future volumes in the anime (unless a sequel happens)
Ugh oh no. Another SNAFU2 situation :(

New Osomatsu-san key visual:

Apparently that scene is from a dream Saitama has where his fantasizes about having a difficult fight, when in reality he kicked everyone's asses brutally.

JAM Project rocks, but I wish the PV wasn't mostly boring stills introducing character designs.

True, it's a rather dull PV for most of its runtime in that regard. But the names of the characters are pretty funny at least!

Ascheroth

Spoilers for a minor OPM story
Well, the one where he has some trouble is actually just a dream. Then he wakes up and sees an actual mole people invasion, but they're quickly defeated by him and surrender easily

Oh, right. I completely forgot about that! Faith restored :p

This is a bit different. What people might find off putting isn't just the lack of closure or that it ends on a cliffhanger, it's the nature of what happens in and of itself that I could see upsetting some people
Oh well won't get too riled up for now, but I'll certainly keep this in mind. This is my AOTS so far, hopefully the ending won't knock it down from there.

The stories where Saitama is just starting out as a superhero are really easy to spot, because there's a simple visual cue that tells you which is that
he still has his hair LOL

Oh well won't get too riled up for now, but I'll certainly keep this in mind. This is my AOTS so far, hopefully the ending won't knock it down from there.

The thing in question actually has nothing to do with the current story and happens after the barrier is lifted, and I have no problems with it personally, especially in light of what happens in later volumes and how it sets those up. But it's something I could easily see upsetting others

Basically, what happens is that *Rokka spoilers ahead (no spoilers for current story though)*
after the fog barrier is lifted and the seventh is driven off, a new character appears who ALSO has a crest, and who was a bit late to the meeting and thus stopped by the barrier. So basically there's another seventh situation now

Never trust PV's.

During my admittedly very short stint with the manga, I found the humor exceedingly dull and repetitive but I guess I'll give it a chance.

Yeah this is how I felt reading the manga, GORGEOUS artwork done by Murata but the whole premise of the series which I found amusing at first didn't keep me invested after awhile. OPM feels like a one shot or mini series premise that someone decided to stretch into a full series and how long you stick with it depends upon how much that premise keeps you interested.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
We must be watching completely different shows. The characters in the show I watch are so completely damaged and dangerous that I wouldn't want to hangout or "bang" any of them. Even though Alex is highly sexualized, her story is so plainly tragic that it's very hard to feel anything but sorry for her. And just as an FYI I don't watch anime because I want to bang 2D characters.
It doesn't just have to be about 2D characters. This is what voice actors are for.
I'm not saying these are the reasons everyone watches these shows, but I would simply like to identify them as the reasons Gangsta is popular.

I would say that fanservice of the kind you are describing exists because it's trying to appeal to a certain audience more than because it "sells" per se. If you look at the sales charts, it's simply not true that the most fanservice-filled shows are clustered near the top.

Gvitor

Rokka 10

Welp, Goldov it is. This episode got me convinced that Maura is just a control freak that fixated on Adlet being the seventh. It's a shame that Goldov got zero development so far, but I'm still hoping for a nice reveal.

I would say that fanservice of the kind you are describing exists because it's trying to appeal to a certain audience more than because it "sells" per se. If you look at the sales charts, it's simply not true that the most fanservice-filled shows are clustered near the top.
I guess Soma is a good example of that. Plenty of fan service with the foodgasms and the numbers seem pretty mediocre. The manga did get bumped though
Rokka 10

Welp, Goldov it is. This episode got me convinced that Maura is just a control freak that fixated on Adlet being the seventh. It's a shame that Goldov got zero development so far, but I'm still hoping for a nice reveal.
Yup. But what if... We are being... Triple crossed. Into thinking that it isn't neither of the two girls so we think it's him. We are falling in the writer's trap LOL. At this point this I'm making it hilariously complex in my own head. Can't trust anyone or anything! Ahahaha. Love this. But now seriously, yeah I went from
Maura
to him as well.

Ascheroth

I guess Soma is a good example of that. Plenty of fan service with the foodgasms and the numbers seem pretty mediocre. The manga did get bumped though

Yup. But what if... We are being... Triple crossed. Into thinking that it isn't neither of the two girls so we think it's him. We are falling in the writer's trap LOL. At this point this I'm making it hilariously complex in my own head. Can't trust anyone or anything! Ahahaha. Love this.
I can't wrap my head around the reason why Soma isn't selling well.

That's exactly what I'm doing lol. Everything and everyone and every action is a red herring to me at this point, haha.
Haven't had this much fun simply speculating about an anime in a long time, that's for sure.

For what reason do you guys suspect Goldov other then the fact he's had no character outside of "I want to bang the princess and I'm salty of Adlet because she's fixated on him for some reason".

Lain

Aoharu x Kikanjuu 10

Why I don't like Tachibana anymore: Do you like survival games? is followed by a monologue. A yes or no answer would have sufficed. How can you burst out into such a deluge of words, when you can't find the courage to utter 4 words: I am a girl.

Unless it's an unconventional adaptation I guess? Do we know how they're doing it yet?

Of course they could mix it up.

In the manga, for reference, most of them appear in chapter 37, that's their "presentation". Right now the manga has 64 chapters, but they could adapt even more using the original web manga as "script".

Very light spoilers:

Those characters are S-class heroes, the crème of the crème. Thing is, the first "arc" in the series is the MC going freelance. Second arc is him entering in the official superhero association. Third arc would be from the moment where he starts meeting and interacting with the S-class heroes. That's why I thought they won't appear in a while.

That said, this is a comedic story so I expect them adapting a number of chapters per episode. And the action parts are even faster: one chapter of a fight can be just a 1 minute footage in the anime.

I can't wrap my head around the reason why Soma isn't selling well.

That's exactly what I'm doing lol. Everything and everyone and every action is a red herring to me at this point, haha.
Haven't had this much fun simply speculating about an anime in a long time, that's for sure.

Well from what folks have been saying here the volumes are expensive. And folks are buying the manga instead. So one could arguably say that it is going as intended maybe?

For what reason do you guys suspect Goldov other then the fact he's had no character outside of "I want to bang the princess and I'm salty of Adlet because she's fixated on him for some reason".

You answered the question kinda. That alone makes him very suspicious, there are times that I totally forget that he exists. That gives him the opportunity to do whatever he pleases, since no one's eyes are on him. Also the fact that he kinda just showed up oytta nowhere in the beginning. He also hates Adlet, giving him a reason to put the blame on him. At this point it's all fun speculation, but he could very well be the 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom