• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Eater 07

oMeyXTv.png

Fly away now

Oh my god, that Araragami wasn't the only one who got wet during this episode, holy shit this was cool.

I mean, I watch this show to see some tight action scenes and I get tight action scenes, I'm content.

Ascheroth

God Eater - 07

Pretty solid episode with cool action and that Aragami looked awesome as hell. Some nice world building, too. Good guy Lindow.
Curious what's going to happen to Lenkas God Arc now.

Cornbread78

By a show of hands, how many people here have actually NOT watched Future Diary a.k.a Mirai Nikki?

Lurkers, you answer too dammit, lol.

phaze

Please tell me you're not planning to make it the next participant in the"Let's watch Anime" thread.

Edit: Also lol at the twist in 23 I thought I was spoiled but this was completely different from what I expected.

Line_HTX

I hope not. Honestly, I don't like that type of character. Good grief why would anyone be in that kind of relationship? It looks pretty life threatening, haha

John Blade

By a show of hands, how many people here have actually NOT watched Future Diary a.k.a Mirai Nikki?

Nope, didn't watch it but heard a bit about it. From what I read, I will skip it as I am not too interested in those type of show.

Crocodile

I have to say the art direction for OnePunch Man is pretty terrible. It looks too bland and uninspiring. Oh well at least the animation makes up for it, hopefully it stays consistent.

Honestly though these days Madhouse has been having terrible art direction, most of their series look really bland. I mean if you compare them from back then they had lots inspiring and detailed art direction that didn't look dull. Now it seems like they love using filter and dull colors.

You're going to have to elaborate on what exactly you mean. You think the colors are too muted (the source material isn't what I'd call a color explosion)? The contrast is off? This seems live a very vague critique. Sounds buzzwordy but perhaps I'm not understanding you.

zulux21

watched it as it aired.

as long as I ignore some very very very very dumb plot points it was a decently fun ride from start to finish.

boy do I hate that little boy arc so much though.

Line_HTX

Having an expert in the art of swinging an axe/knife on your side comes in handy where there is a dozen of deranged individuals trying to kill you. Which is basically the entire setup of MN.

Oh, I see. My apologies, I thought you meant how it worked for you personally.

You're not seriously planning on making that your next group anime watch, are you? Sunday Without God was bad enough. Should just stop doing this instead.

Hey, Cornbread is actually doing a service for lesser known shows. Good or bad, they must be known. Though I'm not sure if I want Future Diary though...

I sure hope you didn't jump into it expecting a good show.

Not at all really. It's pretty shitty but still pretty funny at the same time.

Sort of like Death Note plot wise but with shitty CGI and terrible characters.

Honestly should I stop watching lol? Got to episode 4 when Yuki finds some murdered people in Yuno's apartment.

Qurupeke

After Charlotte's finished, I'm thinking of starting some other Maeda animes like Angel Beats and Clannad. While I almost certainly will watch the first one, I'm really hesitant about Clannad. I hate the artstyle, especially the eyes and it's bothering me a lot. I haven't watched neither Code Geass because I find the eyes annoying there too. They're just too big, even for an anime. I'm not sure if I should ignore this aspect of these shows and just watch them or if this will keep bothering me till the end.

phaze

Not at all really. It's pretty shitty but still pretty funny at the same time.

Sort of like Death Note plot wise but with shitty CGI and terrible characters.

Honestly should I stop watching lol? Got to episode 4 when Yuki finds some murdered people in Yuno's apartment.

I mean, the series doesn't change from what you've seen already and remains shitty but funny at the same time. The last few episodes I watched were probably the best as far as entertainment value goes but your mileage will vary depending on your ability to derive enjoyment from such unique[ pieces of art.

Just be aware that 5th ep is pretty fucked up and in bad taste.

After Charlotte's finished, I'm thinking of starting some other Maeda animes like Angel Beats and Clannad. While I almost certainly will watch the first one, I'm really hesitant about Clannad. I hate the artstyle, especially the eyes and it's bothering me a lot. I haven't watched neither Code Geass because I find the eyes annoying there too. They're just too big, even for an anime. I'm not sure if I should ignore this aspect of these shows and just watch them or if this will keep bothering me till the end.

Watch Kanon 2006.

God Eater 07

Man that fight was just so goddamn badass. It gave me the goosebumps. It sucks that we have to wait for episodes to come though. I was thinking, since they seemed to be airing this through Daisuki, can't they just transfer over to there exclusively once the season is over and air the rest of the episodes there?

I was just like you, so I may as well give you my advice: watch it. Watch Clannad. I too put it off for YEARS because of those goddamn eyes. After one or two episodes I didn't even think about it anymore.

Razmos

God Eater 07

Oh my god, that Araragami wasn't the only one who got wet during this episode, holy shit this was cool.

I mean, I watch this show to see some tight action scenes and I get tight action scenes, I'm content.
Arararararagami?
mayoi-render450.png

Sorry, I stuttered
I know nothing of this anime, I just couldn't help myself

Mailbox

Uggh, yeah we can expand to 24 if needed. Need something action based that will generate lots of interest need good recs this week!

probably not what you're looking for, but why not give C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control a try for lets watch anime?

It's only 11 episode (which i admit isn't good for this show since it needed way more) but I liked it despite it being rather rushed especially at the end.

John Blade

It's more then 14 episodes though. Unless Cornbread decides to change the rules around, I don't think that will happen.

He did consider to try out 24 episodes over 3 weeks to see if anyone will join in. It's in the current Let's watch

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177681086&postcount=86

To tell the truth, it will always be difficult to get enough people to watch a hidden gems show as the title say, not many people heard about it to watch it and they might be couple of reason why no one watch the show.

Here is my opinion about this, it's not that the show Cornbread choose is bad, but it's actually gaf here have different style of taste of show we watch. Younger animeGaf will have different taste than say older animeGaf here.

Also, they're quite a few hidden gems of show that is great to recommend but good luck to watch it legally online as the official distributor didn't release it. You will have to buy the copy of the show on the used market or download illegally to watch it. Still, that is slowly changing as few good hidden shows from the 80s to late 90s are re-released on DVD for new audience to watch and for people who never have the chance to get it, can get it now.

Uggh, yeah we can expand to 24 if needed. Need something action based that will generate lots of interest need good recs this week!

In that case, I have some shows in mind if you're looking at 24-6 episode series. Some of these a good amount of people might have already watched however:

Tiger and Bunny (Hulu and Netflix(?))
Tenchi Universe (Funimation)
Persona 4: The Animation
Casshern Sins (Funimation)

Ascheroth

probably not what you're looking for, but why not give C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control a try for lets watch anime?

It's only 11 episode (which i admit isn't good for this show since it needed way more) but I liked it despite it being rather rushed especially at the end.

Hey, I remember this show!
It also has some action, so it fits that criteria as well, Cornbread.

Literally this.

Kyousougiga is a anime that's a hidden gem and would be a wonderful rec. It's a really really solid and competent series that was overshadowed by shit like Kill la Kill. If you want a good rec of a series to bring in people go for something good and watchable, not something mediocre like Mirrai Nikki.

Mailbox

Hey, I remember this show!
It also has some action, so it fits that criteria as well, Cornbread.

Economics based battle shounen, yo!

Short action based anime?

Ben-to.

While I really enjoyed watching Ben-to for its craziness, I don't think its the kinda show you watch day by day. If you do that the momentum and nuttiness gets lost, its kind of a show you have to binge.

kewlmyc

John Blade

Don't know if this is popular show or not

Action
Godannar (Can be watch on Hulu)

Romance
Emma: A Victorian Romance (both season 1 and 2 together) Can be watch on Nozomi Entertainment YouTube

Slice of life/magic
Someday's Dreamers and Someday's Dreamers II: Sora (Can be watch on Hulu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom