• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

It sucks not being able to participate in Rokka discussion. Can't wait until it ends so I can join in.

I hope it gets a 2nd season, but I doubt it will with preorder numbers being abysmal for it.

Hopefully. But I'm not going to complain as long we're getting a second season.
Along with Rokka, the way the two are being broadcasted, taking their sweet time to fully develop characters and arcs, one would think they both have strong chances of getting sequels. But how many times have we gotten open ending shows? Or shows that are just there for you to pick up the source material? I always think the worst first and prepare accordingly lol. Find the source material, bookmark it, wait for 1 season or 2. If there are no news, I jump in.

For what reason do you guys suspect Goldov other then the fact he's had no character outside of "I want to bang the princess and I'm salty of Adlet because she's fixated on him for some reason".

I suppose it's the lack of evidence, precisely. When you are trying to find out who is the murderer in a party, and everyone has a smoking gun or a knife in them, except one inconspicuous guy, one could think that maybe that's the guy. It doesn't make sense in the world for the characters, but it makes sense in the fight of us viewers vs the author trying to trick us.
I first thought it was bunny girl, so maybe I'm wrong again.

Gvitor

Charlotte 10

Everything gets better with
time travel
. Even what seemed like a boring show at first.

(okay, not everything, but it certainly saved this one from mediocrity)

Yup. But what if... We are being... Triple crossed. Into thinking that it isn't neither of the two girls so we think it's him. We are falling in the writer's trap LOL. At this point this I'm making it hilariously complex in my own head. Can't trust anyone or anything! Ahahaha. Love this. But now seriously, yeah I went from
Maura
to him as well.

I'd really love for the seventh to surprise me, but at this point I'm thinking every episode is clearing red herring after red herring and he's the one who's left.

For what reason do you guys suspect Goldov other then the fact he's had no character outside of "I want to bang the princess and I'm salty of Adlet because she's fixated on him for some reason".

It's not as much suspecting him as it is not suspecting the others any longer.

duckroll

In the manga, for reference, most of them appear in chapter 37, that's their "presentation". Right now the manga has 64 chapters, but they could adapt even more using the original web manga as "script".

That explains why I don't know who they are even though I remember reading like two dozen chapters way back. Lol.

Well from what folks have been saying here the volumes are expensive. And folks are buying the manga instead. So one could arguably say that it is going as intended maybe?

All anime discs are expensive; Soma is not unusual in that regard. Even if you enjoy a show that doesn't mean you're going to go out and buy the discs, considering that it requires substantial financial investment to do so. Buying the much more inexpensive source material (manga/LN) or various kinds of related merchandise - that's a lot easier to do. Discs are for collectors.

Cornbread78

For that reason exactly. Outside of hating Adlet for the princess wanting him, he has just sat back and observed. He was on that journey prior and just happened to meet up with the princess along the way. All seems fishy to me.

phaze

Mirai Nikki 20
010347n6sgc.jpg

A policeman and a terrorist who previously shot him. And blew up a school with kids too. The most romantic story ever told.

duckroll

Snow White with the Red Hair - Episode 9

Rather uneventful episode. Felt more like a sort of epilogue to close off the events of the previous few episodes. Sort of an "end of act one" episode? I dunno. It wasn't boring or anything, but there isn't much to really say about it.

kierwynn

lol All this Rokka talk got me to start it oop

Rokka no Yuusha 1-2

First off, the OP is pretty good but man that ED song is great. Really like the song (listening to it as I type this oop). I really like the aesthetic for the show- the like Aztec influence to the world's setting is really pretty great. It makes it stand out a little more than your typical fantasy setting to me. I like that. The characters are likeable so far (I've seen like a million ways to write gun girl's name tho what is the most typical one?) and I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Gonna see how much of this I can get through today, I think.

You answered the question kinda. That alone makes him very suspicious, there are times that I totally forget that he exists. That gives him the opportunity to do whatever he pleases, since no one's eyes are on him. Also the fact that he kinda just showed up oytta nowhere in the beginning. He also hates Adlet, giving him a reason to put the blame on him. At this point it's all fun speculation, but he could very well be the 7th.

I suppose it's the lack of evidence, precisely. When you are trying to find out who is the murderer in a party, and everyone has a smoking gun or a knife in them, except one inconspicuous guy, one could think that maybe that's the guy. It doesn't make sense in the world for the characters, but it makes sense in the fight of us viewers vs the author trying to trick us.
I first thought it was bunny girl, so maybe I'm wrong again.

I'd really love for the seventh to surprise me, but at this point I'm thinking every episode is clearing red herring after red herring and he's the one who's left.

It's not as much suspecting him as it is not suspecting the others any longer.

For that reason exactly. Outside of hating Adlet for the princess wanting him, he has just sat back and observed. He was on that journey prior and just happened to meet up with the princess along the way. All seems fishy to me.

You somehow don't suspect Nashetanya? More evidence points to her then Goldov, of which really no evidence points to him. The lack of evidence is not evidence in of itself. The only thing that remotely ties Maura and Goldov to being the 7th is that they both learned of the barrier technique at the fort... Along with Nachetanya. The only real solid piece of evidence that he or Maura could have done it also makes Nachetanya a likely suspect. Not liking Adlet and being sure its him when he's the most logical suspect (the guy who blew open the door and was the first to the temple alone) doesn't make either Maura or Goldov the 7th.

Why doesn't that god who made everyone a brave just step in and reveal who the fake is or something? I mean, the fate of the world is on the line and she doesn't even give a hint, how lazy can you get!

Or, why don't they just hold a little tournement and spar against each other? keeping in mind that god chooses the six strongest persons the loser should be the seventh.

I'm curious, but do you guys have any theories on HOW the seventh framed Adlet. Everyone talks about who the seventh is, but this is also something I'd be curious to see people's thoughts on. As someone who read the light novels and knows the answer, I can say that all the important pieces of information about how it was done are there, you just need to think outside the box a bit and pay very close attention to even small details

Russ T

Banned
If it IS Goldov, I'm gonna be pretty upset. It would be a huge fucking copout, unless they provide some truly excellent reasoning, including clues that were already present in earlier episodes that no one noticed because Goldov is goddamn boring.

):<

Gvitor

Well, I was conviced
that Nachetanya actually snapped
after Maura's announcement. She had no reason whatsoever to have that scene since only Goldov was there and there'd be about a million ways she could handled the situation so she'd go after Adlet. She had no reason to
fake the yandere snapping
if only Goldov was there, he'd follow her anyway.

Cornbread78

If it IS Goldov, I'm gonna be pretty upset. It would be a huge fucking copout, unless they provide some truly excellent reasoning, including clues that were already present in earlier episodes that no one noticed because Goldov is goddamn boring.

):<

Remember rule #1 of anime, childhood friends always lose.. He's already dead..

Snow White with the Red Hair - Episode 9

Rather uneventful episode. Felt more like a sort of epilogue to close off the events of the previous few episodes. Sort of an "end of act one" episode? I dunno. It wasn't boring or anything, but there isn't much to really say about it.

An episide based solely on character development is almost shocking these days isn't, lol.

Arslan Episode 22

a8422478883587e762388ebe3bc75fcc.jpg

Geez, chill out bro.

An episode that's mostly set up, and to further show the differences in leadership styles between Arslan and Hermes

While Arslan, sometimes unintentionally notices the differences in his men, and their ability, Hermes has no choice but to continue to rely on others, people he hates, to gain power. While respecting the men under his control, he barely connects with them.
It's unclear of whether or not Hermes realizes the growing resentment between the two factions in his army.

While that's interesting, nothing really happens this episode. No action, no reveals, just pieces moving on a board really. A bit dull.

Russ T

Banned
Ooh new Arslan to watch, cool.

I've really been enjoying it. I hope the season ends on a good mark, 'cause it's almost over and it really doesn't feel like it should be ending any time soon. D:

Ooh new Arslan to watch, cool.

I've really been enjoying it. I hope the season ends on a good mark, 'cause it's almost over and it really doesn't feel like it should be ending any time soon. D:

I gave up on Arslan 2 weeks or so ago because of that. It's going nowhere. Or it is going somewhere, but it's being waaay too slow at it.

I'm curious, but do you guys have any theories on HOW the seventh framed Adlet. Everyone talks about who the seventh is, but this is also something I'd be curious to see people's thoughts on. As someone who read the light novels and knows the answer, I can say that all the important pieces of information about how it was done are there, you just need to think outside the box a bit and pay very close attention to even small details

My list of reasons for who and why

Nachetanya has a very dark back story where she was only spared due to awakening as the saint of blades. I feel something in this caused her to snap turning her into some kind of ends justify the means in an extreme way or perhaps she too is some kind of part fiend (would explain why she initially got dizzy in the temple). Her meeting with Adlet in episode 1 makes little sense at the time because allegedly she's "already been chosen as a brave" despite us never seeing her face or brave crest until after we see Adlet gain his. A real brave would have no reason to meet with the crazy man who claimed to be the worlds strongest, but someone who is planning something extreme might view Adlet as a wild card that they can use in their favor. Had Adlet not been chosen she likely would have left him behind at the end of episode 1. During the time Adlet is with Fremmie and Nashetanya is with Goldov she tells the guard to pass on the info about how to activate the barrier and I assume the fact she revealed this info will probably be what reveals her to be the fake. Once she remeets with Adlet and Fremmie she takes advantage of the fiend attack to send Adlet ahead of the others, likely the women fiend who convinced Adlet to blow open the door was also planted by Nashetanya ahead of time as part of her plan. Once the door was opened and the demon attacked she either used her magic sword to activate the barrier sealing them in or once they got into the templer her freak out destroying the dias was when she activated it. At this point Nashetanya let things play out and conveiently for her Adlet ended up being blaimed by Hans without her having to do anything, enabling her to fade into the background and avoid suspicion. I imagine her original plan was to make Goldov the fall guy but Adlet's unique personality is why she shifted the plan to him.

I'm sure their are a bit more details I could pick up on rewatch and I've thought about doing so to find those extra nuggets but I'm 85% sure that I've got the general idea down. The how the 7th framed Adlet is why I'm convinced who the 7th is, nobody else had the opportunity to set up the situation to largely play out as it has minus that character.

Russ T

Banned
I gave up on Arslan 2 weeks or so ago because of that. It's going nowhere. Or it is going somewhere, but it's being waaay too slow at it.

Haha, I can't blame you for that. I like slow, a lot of the time, but this does feel extra slow if only because of the length.

I imagine it'll end after they take back the city.

Russ T

Banned
Well, the MC himself said there is a eighth one hidden, let's see.

If there is more than 1 in the known group, it means a real brave is outside of the fog, as they have to be six.

He did say that, but then they stopped talking about a theoretical 8th by the next episode. I think Flamie said something like "that's not possible" and he bought it? I don't remember exactly how it went down.

Or, no, it was the 8th being the guard, wasn't it? Telling everyone about how to trigger the fog?

Hey guys, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is still really good. Despite how disappointing Nagato Yuki-chan was.

Also, in celebration of Hulu finally offering an ad-free plan, I think I should probably rewatch K-On! And then, since I've been pushing it off for so long (again, because I didn't want to deal with ads), I think I'll finally dive into Hidamari Sketch.

No friends, having finally completed Future Diary recently, we need to do a group watch of it.

A giant group watch. Like everyone in neogaf. Mandatory.

And then, once it's over, we start pumping the gas in...

Cornbread78

Shinometa ep.10
Well penis-head shaped girl is a real biotch. Hopefully, she gets taken-out by the sketch girl before Okuma is tazed. Stupid girl.

kewlmyc

Where can I watch the previous behind the scenes episodes? I can't find them on Daisuki.

Your best hope is to find a raw and download that. No one is translating the extra episodes. Not even fansubs.

Fucking hell, season ends in 2-3 weeks, how the hell are they going to finish this series? They're only on episode 07 and are going to end on episode 09 if they're lucky.

Squishy3

That OPM PV is super good. That scene with Saitama in the pajamas is gonna be ace. Hell, all those action cuts looked great.

I believe in you Madhouse

Your best hope is to find a raw and download that. No one is translating the extra episodes. Not even fansubs.

Pffftt, guess I'll give up then.

Has anyone here seen them, what are they about?
--------------

Oh, when I was exploring Daisuki I also stumbled across this masterpiece called Milpom&#9733;

http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/Milpom

Synopsis said:
The story takes place in a certain ordinary town where it is natural for everyone to wear an animal costume head. It depicts the everyday life of the main character MILPOM and her friends who live there, filled with the essence of Kawaii and a little bit cynical girls.

I don't even know anymore....

phaze

So this Future Diary show is pretty damn weird.

Also my first experience with the Yandere trope.

I sure hope you didn't jump into it expecting a good show.

Mirai Nikki 22

010375i6jk1.jpg

Yuno deranged face game was strong with this one.

This episode must have broken DTL's heart.

There were like 3 three or 4 times where I thought "Good God, they actually went there." Hilariously delicious especially the last scene.
user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png
I was spoiled on what I imagine is the big reveal they cut off the ep at but even with that, I still thankfully have very little idea what is
Yuno's deal.

I have to say the art direction for OnePunch Man is pretty terrible. It looks too bland and uninspiring. Oh well at least the animation makes up for it, hopefully it stays consistent.

Honestly though these days Madhouse has been having terrible art direction, most of their series look really bland. I mean if you compare them from back then they had lots inspiring and detailed art direction that didn't look dull. Now it seems like they love using filter and dull colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom