• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droplet

Shit, responses all over the place, lol. With that being said,
A) Which ones are too popular
B) Which would be good for a group watch.

I have a week to figure this out. Looking for something a step up from Sunday without God, lol.

I think Samurai Flamenco and Samurai Champloo might be a bit too long. If you're doing a week long group watch it might be better to stick to the 12-episode shows.

Oh! You guys don't want a Cat Planet Cuties let's watch huh?

Well fine!

I'll make my own let's watch! With blackjack and hookers!

Just watch me!
tumblr_luh6fx1DeI1qh0nwmo1_400.gif

Randomly got a desire to watch couple episodes of Silver Spoon again and remembered how I missed the show. Damn I hope we get third season eventually.

Oh, you're in for some major cuteness with this one brotha. Great Romance/bromance series.

Heh yeah I'm enjoying the cast's interactions. Takeo is an idiot ahaha.

Now if you were asking about those shows for the Let's Watch, I'd say go with Blast of Tempest since it's pretty good. The Samurai shows like everyone said are already super popular, Blue Exorcist is meh, and Date a Live is just trash.

I got burned out on mgs v the phantom story so pick something good and i will probably watch it

or i will just pick some random garbage to watch myself

It may just be me, but I couldn't get into Ore Monogatari.

I think it's a well made show, and I appreciate that it's trying to shake up the shojo genre, a genre which other than a few works, hasn't gotten off its fatass and tried something new since its conception.

But other than the main lead not looking like a shojo character, and the main pair getting together earlier, there's not much to it.

There's no meat to it.

I finished 7 episodes and felt like I got all I needed out it. Some cute character moments, and chuckles, and that's it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man, PuPiPo was good.

Watch that shit. It's like 5 minute shorts totaling to 1 hour.

Still better than this entire season.

zulux21

Samurai Champloo:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/205/Samurai_Champloo

26 episodes over 3 weeks?

How many of you haven't seen it? We need like 10 to follow at least, in all its craziness..

Btw, Blue Exorcist is out, I just checked the Toonami list and it's aired there.

That, or:

Blast of Tempest:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest

Same 3 weeks for 26 episodes.

seems like such a waste to run a hidden gem slot on shows that aired on cartoon network :p

if you are doing 25 or so eps you should just do skip beat :p
that's a gem that more people need to see :(

shiki was also pretty good and no one watched that :/ same with Ghost Hunt but alas Ono, Fuyumi just tells good stories and doesn't get much respect in general.

Lain

Lupin III Avventura Italiana 5-7

I missed some of episode 5 because it started before the time they gave for it, but what I saw of it made it feel pretty underwhelming and a bit lame.

Episode 6 had Rebecca back and since I like her, it was a definite upgrade over 5, plus zombies.

Episode 7 was the best of them all though, just because Zenigata was a boss in it. Story felt a bit cliché, but I'd say that it's par for the course and what really matters is if it works and, well, I believe it did.

Non Non Biyori Repeat 9

Natsumi looks completely different when dressed up. I like her better as a tomboy.

Natsumi and Hikage make such an amazing comedic duo. I love the way both of them speak, like their country accents are really noticeable. I had tears in my eyes laughing during that whole dumpling arc.

I love how we're getting more of the side characters this season. Hikage is cool, Candy Store has always been cool and looks like there will be more Konomi next episode. The last episode showed them when they were little kids in school too, which was really adorable.

God I love this show.

Date a Live
Samurai Champloo
Samurai Flamingo
Blue Exorcist
Blast of Tempest

Are any of these good?

Data a Live: no idea
Samurai Champloo and Flamenco: hell yes
Blue Exorcist: Pretty good shounen
Blast of Tempest: no idea

Dragon Ball Super 009

Man they really dragged out that Super Saiyan God transformation. Goku wasn't even going AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH for 5 minutes like with SS3 either

Ascheroth

Samurai Champloo:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/205/Samurai_Champloo

26 episodes over 3 weeks?

How many of you haven't seen it? We need like 10 to follow at least, in all its craziness..

Btw, Blue Exorcist is out, I just checked the Toonami list and it's aired there.

That, or:

Blast of Tempest:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest

Same 3 weeks for 26 episodes.

It looks like not many have seen Blast of Tempest, so I'd go with that. It's good.

Baalzebup

Line_HTX

Food Wars 18

Kara-age immediately straight out of the fryer! And the smell of that fills the whole shopping district! It's so glorious that that crazy person admitted defeat, those customer are coming back to where they belong!

Summer break is over, and Soma gets chosen to be a part of the Autumn elections by the Illuminati of Sugita. Well, that mini-arc was fun, and it's always great to see Ikumi. She should just confess to Soma one day, haha

GATE 06

Rory Mercury kills with a vengeance.

Ride of the Valkyries... I kind of saw it coming, but when it actually played as the attack helicopters got in formation for the operation, I bursted out laughing. And even better the chopper gunner just MOWS ALL THOSE BANDITS down. Holy shit, I couldn't stop laughing at the whole sequence. That was literally the Call of Duty killstreak in a fantasy world where the technology gap is an absolute mismatch.

GAH, Itami gonna get himself roughed up by the Princess's Knights. I'm so glad this one's 24 episodes. Otherwise I would've been furious at the pacing.

Just found out Sawano is not composing the music for One Punch Man. The first PV sounded so much like him, so I'm surprised. lol

Well, the guy does need to relax, charge up, and bring his A-game for Attack on Titan season 2 next year. In the mean time, we got his nzk-003 live concert, which will be streamed on Niconico, and his [01] album coming out next week. And the last Mare OST just came out which, overall, has been a really nice change of pace from him. Different from the action packed epic stuff. I enjoy all of it though. Keep rocking, Sawano! :D

Oh yeah, um, anime.... let's see... guess I should watch this week's Gate. Show has been losing some of its appeal to me lately. That's the only summer show I've been watching. :p

Andrew J.

Shokugemi no Soma 07

Best girl rankings:

Meat>Fermentation>Megabitch>Moeblob>Animals>Megabitch's assistant

Nudist-senpai>all

I'm looking for something to binge, I'll give it a shot (its been on my backlog anyway, so why not?)

Mailbox...this...
sTj8Ixh.gif

is basically us right now.

...Seda is Raiden I think. Or someone, I don't know.

Also has anyone here watched the Bayonetta movie?

Worth watching?

Mailbox

Mailbox...this...
sTj8Ixh.gif

is basically us right now.

...Seda is Raiden I think. Or someone, I don't know.

Also has anyone here watched the Bayonetta movie?

Worth watching?

:3

I watched the Bayonetta movie. artistically its rather interesting, but it's paced like a game and not a movie or anime which doesn't work. Theres a good deal of recycled animation and the beginning exposition its way too long and boring. long exposition speeches with nothing going on should be banned from all media.

Basically, it's not great, but you could do worse

Jintor

Non Non Biyori Repeat 9

Natsumi and Hikage make such an amazing comedic duo. I love the way both of them speak, like their country accents are really noticeable. I had tears in my eyes laughing during that whole dumpling arc.

i'm too used to country accents, i didn't notice a thing :(

Welp the music composer for OnePunch Man hasn't done anything noteworthy. Sawano seems like a better option at this point.

Hopefully this guy does a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom