• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Nozomi Entertainment

Back at Anime Expo, we announced that one of our first Nozomi Blu-ray releases would be Revolutionary Girl Utena!

Now, the release is still a ways off yet, but while we're in pre-production with the title, we figured it's the perfect chance to get your ideas. What do you want to see in the Utena Blu-ray set? What kind of packaging do you like, what kind of extras do you hope for? Let us know in the comments below.

We can't promise to use every idea, but we do promise to take all your feedback into consideration. Spread the word, and help shape the future of Utena!

-Judy, Producer

Nozomi Entertainment's Facebook

phaze

Shigurui 1

Yeah, this'll do nicely. Tension of the first episode was punctuated with the ritualstic cult-like presentation of the Kogan dojo.

Shigurui 2

And I suppose strange is the name of the game in this one. That initiation ceremony was kinda fucked up and feels very much a part of the cult aspect.

chairmanthumbsupggqnr.png

Mirai Nikki 24-26 END+ OVA

The most romantic love story ever told.

The finish was surprisingly decent. Both direction and animation (that fight in ep 25th) wise. Might be my new favourite "so bad so good" show. Story wise it was really crazy. In just the right, hefty but controlled amounts to be entertaining. Though, I think I'm going to pretend the OVa and the post-credits scene of 26th ep doesn't exist lol.

My policy of general avoidance of openings and endings really came in handy here as not only the second opening is atrocious but it also heavily spoils the biggest twist in the show.

javac

New releases for this week (09/08/15)
Blu-ray
WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3 + MINIPATO [Sentai]
Run Time: 107 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $25.98
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $19.49
Aurm57Fm.jpg

Appleseed [Sentai]
Run Time: 105 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Alternative English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English / English SDH
Format: Two-disc set (1 BD (25GB), 1 DVD)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $11.99
klG2qKim.jpg

Ranma ½: Set 7 [VIZ]
Run Time: 530 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Three-disc set (3 BDs)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $43.98
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $33.99
RaB2Fylm.jpg

DaB1tYUl.jpg

DVD
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Season 2 Collection [Cinedigm]
Run Time: 1000 min
Audio: English 2.0
Subtitles: N/A
Format: Eight-disc set (8 DVDs)
Price: DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $40.49
fjx7N5nm.jpg

Digimon Fusion: Season 1 Volume 1 [Cinedigm]
Run Time: 330 min
Audio: English 2.0
Subtitles: N/A
Format: Three-disc set (3 DVDs)
Price: DVD @ Amazon.com: $14.99
a1WpTkAm.jpg

New releases for this week (09/10/15)
Blu-ray
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!: Collectors Edition 2 [Pony Canyon]
Run Time: 106 min
Audio: Japanese
Subtitles: English / Spanish
Format: Three-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD, 1 CD)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $71.98
495Tn4Xm.jpg

2su6v0ll.jpg

Szadek

I just dropped the Valkyria Chronicles anime after 14 episodes.
I don't mind when an adaptation changes a few things.
However,like many other adaptation , most of these changes in this anime don't make any sense.
At this point the anime just pisses me of, so the best course of action is to stop watching it.
Also, fuck the spoiler in the 2nd opening. There is no way you could overlook this one either.

I feel like my tastes always sorta stray from general GAF tastes the more I stick around this thread.

I got into Samurai Flamenco because of all the hype surrounding neck-snapping twists by the dozen but there were only really
and the
1st
was the only one that worked for me (spoilering to be polite). When the
2nd
happened I thought it was an incredibly dumb reveal that took away a lot from the show. Everything after was pretty much unwatchable to me.

Meanwhile I love Mirai Nikki. And not in an ironic "so bad it's good" way, I thought it was actually pretty good. The plot problems or weird things you have to suspend your disbelief for weren't big enough to take me away from it.

Taste can be a funny thing sometimes. Hell, I liked SAO just fine.

I feel like my tastes always sorta stray from general GAF tastes the more I stick around this thread.

I got into Samurai Flamenco because of all the hype surrounding neck-snapping twists by the dozen but there were only really
and the
1st
2nd
happened I thought it was an incredibly dumb reveal that took away a lot from the show. Everything after was pretty much unwatchable to me.

Meanwhile I love Mirai Nikki. And not in an ironic "so bad it's good" way, I thought it was actually pretty good. The plot problems or weird things you have to suspend your disbelief for weren't big enough to take me away from it.

You must be crucified under the unforgiving eye of AnimeGAF, it is the only way to be redeemed.

As long as you like Shinsekai Yori then you're okay in my book.

Exalted

and the
1st
2nd

I also liked Mirai Nikki and thought Flamenco was complete garbage. And if you look at reviews most people agree.

It just seems that people that watch really really huge amount of anime have very eccentric taste. And you have alot of them here, compared to casual anime watchers.

Cornbread78

and the
1st
2nd

Well, there is definitely no hive mind when it comes to tastes with anime here. I liked SAO, enough said there. But I also have a much greater tolerance for imperfections in animes where others here treat them as fatal flaws and won't really give it a chance after that.
Basically, we all have different tastes, you're favorite anime sucks and your waifu is a ugly troll.

I wanna get off Maeda's wild rideeeeeEeeeeeeeEEE! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jjz6L4Eti9w

What's that girl doing with her glowing mouth?

Pillow Boys 09

I'm no fashion expert but a pink-striped shirt combined with a giraffe tie, come on!

Oh, this boy actually woke me up, isn't this the opposite of what's supposed to happen?

Also in which world is an excited life related to kittens?

-----------------------------

Actually, just think of this situation, some stranger suddenly wakes you up and then starts spouting all this nonsense, I'd be creeped out for sure.

ibyea

Banned
Well, there is definitely no hive mind when it comes to tastes with anime here. I liked SAO, enough said there. But I also have a much greater tolerance for imperfections in animes where others here treat them as fatal flaws and won't really give it a chance after that.
Basically, we all have different tastes, you're favorite anime sucks and your waifu is a ugly troll.

You have finally mastered the philosophical foundation of AnimeGAF, you are one of us now. ;)

As long as you like Shinsekai Yori then you're okay in my book.

Whoo! Dodged that bullet.

I'm aware, but you can definitely see consensus and general trends within any group or "gathering" online. Of course there aren't hive minds but if you look at a lot of posts and notice trends then...well, you can identify the way certain anime are looked upon in a general sort of way. Obviously I'm not saying everyone thinks X is garbage or such and such. But still you can make general statements most times that aren't entirely off the mark.

I, likewise, can withstand a lot of crap and enjoy something. Very little in an anime is a dealbreaker for me unless it builds up or strikes things in a wrong way. Basically if I find one thing that is done uniquely or interestingly or find a character I enjoy or aspects of the plot that are neat, even if the surrounding stuff is pretty low, I can normally deal with it and soldier on. Though even I have certain things that remove me from an anime completely, and as I get older and older those things are getting bigger or increasing. For instance, I watch a lot of crappy harem battle school crap so I watched Trinity Seven and though I will readily admit it wasn't particularly good it was fine and I could watch it without much issue. But holy shit, I tried watching World Break and in the very 1st episode when she kisses him and he's like "You shouldn't kiss people so easy it devalues you as a woman" or whatever I fucking turned my computer off and threw it out the window. Most of the time it's the MC that turns me off to an anime considering how rare it is to find a good one or one not afraid of vagina with backwards-ass public morality ideas on women.

Also, I'm pretty sure my waifu is your waifu.

I always liked this one:
HHWi7PL.gif

Cornbread78

What

What happened there? What was with the
shiny mouth?
I guess it'll make more sense once I've watched past episode 1 :p

Lol, time to catch up brother. There have been a lot of happenings since ep. 1.

I told ya'll Maeda wasn't done yet, Sala predicted this shit.

javac

We're excited to announce that the Japan #AnimatorExpo is coming Edinburgh as part of Scotland Loves Anime!

Scotland Loves Anime - Edinburgh
VENUE: Filmhouse Cinema
DATES: October 12th – 18th, 2015
Showing:
SARUSUBERI: MISS HOKUSAI
Director: Mizuho NISHIKUBO
Studio: Production I.G
Runtime: 93 minutes
Provided by: Anime Limited
Category: In Competition

EMPIRE OF CORPSES
UK PREMIERE
Director: Ryotaro Makihara
Studio: Studio WIT
Runtime: 102 minutes aprox
Provided by: Funimation

PSYCHO-PASS – THE MOVIE
EU Premiere
Director: Seiji Mizushima
Studio: Toei Animaton
Runtime: 104 minutes approx

THE CASE OF ALICE & HANA
UK PREMIERE
Director: Shunji Iwai
Studio: NTV
Runtime: 110 mins approx
Provided by: NTV

DRAGONBALL Z: RESURRECTION ‘F’
Director: Tadayoshi Yamamuro
Studio: Toei Animation
Runtime: 94 mins approx
Provided by: Animatsu / Manga Entertainment
Category: Shonen Fest – 2015

ATTACK ON TITAN – LIVE ACTION FILM 1
EU PREMIERE
Director: Shinji Horiguchi
Runtime: 90 minutes approx
Provided by: Manga / Animatsu
Category: FOCUS: Attack on Titan

THE LAST: NARUTO THE MOVIE
SCOTTISH PREMIERE
Director: Tsuneo Kobayashi
Studio: Pierrot
Runtime: 112 minutes
Category: Shonen Fest 2015

BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE
UK PREMIERE
Director: HIROYUKI YAMASHITA
Runtime: 100 minutes

ANIMATOR EXPO
Scottish Premiere
Director: Multiple
Studio: Khara
Runtime: 100 minutes approx
Provided by: DWANGO

PSYCHO-PASS – THE MOVIE
UK Premiere
Director: Naoyoshi Shiotane
Runtime: 120 minutes approx

LOVE LIVE! THE MOVIE
EU Premiere
Director: Takahiko Kyogoku
Studio: Sunrise
Runtime: 102 minutes approx
Provided by: Bandai Visual / Anime Limited

MADOKA MAGICA – FILM 3: REBELLION
UK PREMIERE
Director: Akiyuki Shimbou
Studio: SHAFT
Runtime: 116 minutes approx
Edinburgh date: Tuesday, October 13th

ATTACK ON TITAN – Part 1
UK PREMIERE
Director: Tetsuo Araki
Runtime: 119 minutes aprox

TTACK ON TITAN Part 2 – Jiyuu No Tsubasa –
UK PREMIERE
Director: Tetsuo Araki
Runtime: 120 minutes
Edinburgh date: Wednesday, October 14th

GHOST IN THE SHELL (2015)
UK PREMIERE
Director: Kazuchika Kise, Kazuya Nomura
Provided by: 100 mins approx
Edinburgh date: Sunday, October 18th

Scotland Loves Anime - Glasgow
VENUE: Glasgow Film Theatre
DATES: October 9th – 11th, 2015
Showing:
SARUSUBERI: MISS HOKUSAI
Director: Mizuho NISHIKUBO
Runtime: 93 minutes

EMPIRE OF CORPSES
UK PREMIERE
Director: Ryotaro Makihara
Runtime: 102 minutes aprox

THE CASE OF ALICE & HANA
UK PREMIERE
Director: Shunji Iwai
Studio: NTV
Runtime: 110 mins approx
Provided by: NTV

DRAGONBALL Z: RESURRECTION ‘F’
Director: Tadayoshi Yamamuro
Studio: Toei Animation
Runtime: 94 mins approx
Category: Shonen Fest – 2015

ATTACK ON TITAN – LIVE ACTION FILM 1
EU PREMIERE

ATTACK ON TITAN – LIVE ACTION FILM 2
EU PREMIERE
Runtime: TBC

BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE
UK PREMIERE
Director: HIROYUKI YAMASHITA
Runtime: 100 minutes

jbug617

Banned
Non Non Biyori Repeat 10

I would watch a show with just Candy Shop and Renge as the main characters. This is going to be the best episode of this series.

javac

javac thanks for your earlier post

i forgot to order the 7th Ranma set

No problem, glad to have helped. :) Those Ranma sets have always looked nice to me and I've always been interested in importing them.

A bit of a tangent, but I've never seen Ranma but I've always been interested in the series ever since I was young and saw a commercial on Toonami, I still remember the song from the commercial clearly :p . Ranma, Yu Yu Hakusho and Kenshin are three totally different show that I've put in the same boat as series I haven't seen, and feel as if I've missed the boat on ever watching, although a few of you have urged me to watch the Kenshin OVA. I don't know if I'll be able to appreciate long series, ones aimed at a younger audience (the Toonami generation if you will) today but I'm hoping that one day I give them a watch as I'm sure they hold up.

Wait, that's not correct. The director is Keiichi Hara. Scotland Loves Animations' page for the film even says that in its bottom paragraph. Someone messed up. :|
Good eye, I didn't spot that. It would be weird if the director of California Crisis and Miyuki directed Miss Hokusai haha. I'm very interested in watching Miss Hokusai

Futurecard Buddyfight:100 (Hundred) Episode 22 (engDub)
COU4c5hWEAA3yor.jpg

Ugh again why did this have to happen. I love Noboru Kodo the most but this episode. Good fight
but why did he have to be taken away, please save him Gao Mikado

Ocelotte

Neo Member
Ore Monogatari!!/My Love Story!! 22

I'm so glad that Suna and Yukika didn't end up together. I didn't like her too much (she came off as slightly annoying sometimes) and they just didn't click. Her demeanour is also a bit too similar to Yamato's (cutesy, shy, blushes a lot, etc) so I think it would be a lot more interesting if Suna dated someone whose personality is more "out there".

Despite just saying that, I like Suna without a girlfriend. I can't imagine him dating anyone anytime soon.

Cornbread78

Ore Monogatari!!/My Love Story!! 22
Despite just saying that, I like Suna without a girlfriend. I can't imagine him dating anyone anytime soon.

Suna needs a girl too, so we can get some double date goodness!

Actually, I Am ep.10
Pretty funny episode. We are bordering on harem stuff though, which kinda ruins it, but oh well. We need more episodes like last week that focused on the true relationship between Shira gaming and Kuromine. Mikan is super annoying and why would a mini alien chick be interesting? That ending was pretty damn funny though.

I know a lot of people are hyped for OnePunch Man, but I guess I'm the only one who's hyped for Young Black Jack.

It's going to be one of those shows where it's completely overshadowed by another series.😒

Narag

I know a lot of people are hyped for OnePunch Man, but I guess I'm the only one who's hyped for Young Black Jack.

It's going to be one of those shows where it's completely overshadowed by another series.😒

Nintendoman will watch it due to the source material and I'll be there for Ryusoke Takahashi bringing da goods.

Non Non Biyori 10

So good, Candy store and Renge are the best duo in anime~

Also loved how Renge reacted to the good 'ol thumb magic trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom