• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

Rokka Episode 10

Please be nachetanya, shes so awful now down there with chamot.
though i hate how it seems nach has multiple personalities or is demon possessed, its kind of boring

Adlet choosing Flamie over Hans was saddening but Adlet/Flamie was the most entertaining part.

If you've noticed, nachetanya is actually horrible with any major emotion actually.

Since the beginning actually where she gets too uppity, laughs too hard, gets worried too much, and stuff like that. Her emotions are all out of whack and she even says
something along the lines of "so this is how it feels like to be angry"

She's like a child experiencing emotion for the first time.

Cornbread78

You could just watch one great show instead of four shitty ones.

This should have been this OT's title.

That ruins the fun of watching shit once in awhile, lol. This Walkure Romanze show is crap, bit oh well, it keeps me from getting bored from the really long shows. I'm looking forward to more Eureka 7 tonight and tomorrow though.

I like having all sorts of experiences. If I didn't, I probably would just stop watching anime altogether, lol.

So I'm curious.

Do you guys have a show that you think you would like, but it has one character who is so repugnant that he/she ruins the entire experience?

I think I would like A Certain Scientific Railgun.

But this character...
tumblr_mhmugr0DHX1roi9fwo1_500.gif

...fuck everything about this character.

The Paz of this universe, only she
never gets blown up.

KanameYuuki

Ushio to Tora 01

That was seriously cool, Tora had me rolling with his changing behavior, what was he expecting threatening the only one who can set him free lol, and then Ushio denied him so badly haha, Their relationship looks to be one hell of a ride with both expecting the other to relax and then back stab. And I'm ashamed to say this but
the girls remind me so much of shiwasu no okina's work, it is going to be awkward.

So I'm curious.

Do you guys have a show that you think you would like, but it has one character who is so repugnant that he/she ruins the entire experience?

But this character...

never gets blown up.

Yes

I absolutely hated everything about Taiga in Toradora.

Ore Monogatari 22

So I'm all caught up now. It's a shame that Suna didn't like the girl. I don't think with 2 episodes left that they will even bring in another girl that is interested in him, maybe in a season 2 or something like that, but I think this is it. Suna is just a wingman and best-bro character in the show, and that's fine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you've noticed, nachetanya is actually horrible with any major emotion actually.

Since the beginning actually where she gets too uppity, laughs too hard, gets worried too much, and stuff like that. Her emotions are all out of whack and she even says
something along the lines of "so this is how it feels like to be angry"

She's like a child experiencing emotion for the first time.
You are misinterpreting the line, and likely the character as a whole. It's not that this is the first time she ever felt angry emotionally, but it is the first time she's been put in a life or death situation where she is being manipulated by multiple parties. As such, she hits a new threshold for anger and knows what it means to truly be uncontrollably upset and angry.

Gvitor

So I'm curious.

But this character...

never gets blown up.

Well, iirc, she barely appears in Railgun S. And that's the only season worth watching, so there's that.

How did I miss that you were watching Gundam SEED? What are your thoughts on it so far?

It's not bad. I understand that this is a re-imagining of UC Gundam, which I plan to watch eventually, but I'm finding myself enjoying it picking it back up.

I put the show on hold a year ago, then Gundaminfo took it off their youtube channel so I pretty much ended up forgetting about it for a while. Then they put it back up so I said: "why not?" and decided to continue it.

Turns out I put the show on hold right before a really huge turning point. That showdown with Kira and Athrun on the island was some good stuff.

Ore Monogatari 22

So I'm all caught up now. It's a shame that Suna didn't like the girl. I don't think with 2 episodes left that they will even bring in another girl that is interested in him, maybe in a season 2 or something like that, but I think this is it. Suna is just a wingman and best-bro character in the show, and that's fine.

The LNs or whatever are farther ahead, there's plenty of content for a second season. I think they show will do great on BD, and it seems pretty popular while airing... So we'll see.

So I'm curious.

Closest example I can think of is Suzaku from Code Geass and even then he had Nina and Ohgi picking up the slack for ruining the show for me.

It's not bad. I understand that this is a re-imagining of UC Gundam, which I plan to watch eventually, but I'm finding myself enjoying it picking it back up.

I put the show on hold a year ago, then Gundaminfo took it off their youtube channel so I pretty much ended up forgetting about it for a while. Then they put it back up so I said: "why not?" and decided to continue it.

Turns out I put the show on hold right before a really huge turning point. That showdown with Kira and Athrun on the island was some good stuff.

The second half beginning with
Nicol's death
is where the show gets good. It's what makes SEED one of the better Gundam (and by extension mecha) shows I've seen IMO.

Jarmel

Banned
This is why I use imgur.

*prepares for comments on how imgur is terrible*

I fucking hate how I'm having to transition most of my images to imgur. It's not awful in of itself to use, although parts of it does suck balls, but I had all my shit already organized on Minus.

The LNs or whatever are farther ahead, there's plenty of content for a second season. I think they show will do great on BD, and it seems pretty popular while airing... So we'll see.

I came in super late into this one, but it was fun seeing all the shoujo tropes being knocked down one after another. I got the same vibe out of this as I did with Nozaki-kun last year. I'd watch a second season of this for sure.

The second half beginning with
Nicol's death
is where the show gets good. It's what makes SEED one of the better Gundam (and by extension mecha) shows I've seen IMO.

Yeah, I've heard about SEED's reputation and what it picks up from UC Gundam. I'm sure the original is better, but I'd rather get some AU stuff out of the way before I start tackling mainline UC shows like 79, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA.

I fucking hate how I'm having to transition most of my images to imgur. It's not awful in of itself to use, although parts of it does suck balls, but I had all my shit already organized on Minus.

Say what you like about imgur, at least the images I've posted here are still up! I think.

jman2050

So I'm curious.

But this character...

never gets blown up.

Index from A Certain Magical Index is the worst character in all of anime and I never finished the show as a result (I still blame you cosmic!)

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo wasn't a particularly good show to begin with but Sorata as the main character made it nearly unwatchable. I'm not sure how I finished this one.

I thought I would like K-On but it turns out I hated everyone in the cast, a big part of why it's the worst anything ever made.

imgur is my go to as well. Whenever I need to upload something I do it quickly without having to create an account or whatnot. Easy to use, and the links don't die on me.

So I'm curious.

But this character...

never gets blown up.

Oh that's easy, Shiro from F/SN, fuck everything about him. I don't care if he's
Archer in the end, I'd rather Archer not exist
if it means I don't have to see Shiro.

And from that same series/universe you posted, I found Index to be far more annoying.

I think shows like Evangelion, Kino's Journey, and Hyouka are fantastic shows and that they deserve all the praise they get.

At the same time, I think Clannad and its After Story aren't as bad as many people say they are. I think it's just very flawed. I don't think they're as good as other people say they are, but that's another story. I don't really recommend them, but I can't bring myself to hate them.
That pretty much has to do with the fact that I really liked those shows in the past and didn't come to see the show's flaws until much, much later.

But what I really enjoy are super robot mecha anime! Those awesome, action-packed shows filled with manliness and hotblooded characters! TTGL, G Gundam, Shin Mazinger, and Gundam Build Fighters are some of my favourite shows!

Is my taste in anime bad?

I think shows like Evangelion, Kino's Journey, and Hyouka are fantastic shows and that they deserve all the praise they get.

At the same time, I think Clannad and its After Story aren't as bad as many people say they are. I think it's just very flawed. I don't think they're as good as other people say they are, but that's another story. I don't really recommend them, but I can't bring myself to hate them.

But what I really enjoy are super robot mecha anime! Those awesome, action-packed shows filled with manliness and hotblooded characters! TTGL, G Gundam, Shin Mazinger, and Gundam Build Fighters are some of my favourite shows!

Your taste seems pretty unexceptional. You have way too many qualifiers in this post, you actually come off as reasonable!

Super robot anime are awesome. So no

On a completely different note, I can't see myself ever making a MAL list at this point, because I feel like I'd need to go and dig up every anime I've watched and then give most of them some sort of rank, and fuck that

Narag

On a completely different note, I can't see myself ever making a MAL list at this point, because I feel like I'd need to go and dig up every anime I've watched and then give most of them some sort of rank, and fuck that

You don't actually have to rate them, can just mark them as completed and call it a day.

Shinsekai Yori is the only anime that matters, your taste is shit until you experience it.

But I remember many OT's ago when watching Clannad: AS and posting my reviews I was getting flak for not liking it enough, or was that Angel Beats?

Haha same here, the fancy occasionally comes where I want to make a MAL, but eh, too much effort and I've watched alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom