• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

I started watching Yahari Ore no Seishun etc. I never knew what people were referring to when they said snafu, but I guess it is this (though I'm not sure I understand where that part comes from).
Why do the main heroines in these shows always suck so much? Makes it difficult to watch.
I thought I'd try the game they put out, but apparently the game doesn't actually have any romance in it, which kind of makes me wonder what the point is.

Yahari is also called Oregairu.

It's not exactly a romance anime, rather a deconstruction of romantic comedies, relationships and social structures.

I'm not sure what you mean by heroines 'suck' though.

Story is about Hachiman, who considers himself (and is) a loner, i.e. no friends. We see his perspective of society and relationships, he is a bit cynical and cracks witty jokes from time to time. He is in no way a perfect/ideal individual, it was his past that turned him into the way he is.

Quasar

I started watching Yahari Ore no Seishun etc. I never knew what people were referring to when they said snafu, but I guess it is this (though I'm not sure I understand where that part comes from).
Why do the main heroines in these shows always suck so much? Makes it difficult to watch.
I thought I'd try the game they put out, but apparently the game doesn't actually have any romance in it, which kind of makes me wonder what the point is.

You must be watching something different then as the heroines in my Snafu don't suck.

Sakura

You must be watching something different then as the heroines in my Snafu don't suck.

Not all the heroines in it. Just the one in this series, the other girls for the most part have been good.
I used plural because I was meaning in most harem/love comedy shows I watch, the main girl is generally the worst one.

zulux21

I still need to remember to properly sit down and watch that series at some point. just haven't had an empty slot in the high school comedy/romance area yet as there is always more to watch each season :/

So I haven't really kept up with Snow White with the Red Hair.

But I did recently go through some episode pics, and you know, I'm starting to suspect the guy on the right here might be a villain. Or at least an antagonist.

I feel like I have an eye for such things.

zulux21

Guys Yui kinda sucks.

I can't join in this one so I can just go with
Mahiru Inami (working) worst female character in all of anime
Megumi "Megu" Amatsuka (cheeky angel) a close second (I really should give both shows another try knowing how horrible the character are and see if they have redeeming qualities beyond those horrible characters)

best female is tough but Kyoko from Skip Beat would be up there.

blurr

Thoughts on Maoyuu Maou Yuusha?

I'm really intrigued, looks like a good drama for me. I actually saw an intense scene from episode 12 some time ago, a speech about humanity.

Planning on watching it soon i.e. once my current queue finishes.

Mailbox

I'm really intrigued, looks like a good drama for me. I actually saw an intense scene from episode 12 some time ago, a speech about humanity.

to me, it was a lesser man's Spice and wolf.

I enjoyed it a lot, though. Just expect it to have too few episodes than what it needed.

You also saw the best scene in the anime, but its worth watching the lead up as it works better that way.

It's alright. Spice and Wolf does blow it out of the water.

It ends just as it's about to ramp up sadly.

Lots of plot.

Plot+anime+is+called+maoyuu+maou+yuusha_2ca74f_4358759.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Better off reading the manga. No, not the first adaptation. No, not the 4koma. No, not the gaidens.

This one: Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be mine, Hero" "I refuse!"

There's a lot of haremshit and PLOT going on with that series. The problem is when you mix that with the art style from the original LN and the economics it just doesn't mesh well. The art style used in "Be mine, Hero" "I refuse!" fits the tone much better as somewhere midway between a gag comedy, a drama and an economics lesson.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku anime announced.

The highly popular social network game "Magical Girl Raising Project" is a miraculous game that produces real Magical Girls with a chance of 1 in 10000 for each person. Girls who are lucky enough to gain the power of magic spend fulfilling days. But one day, the administration arbitrarily announces that "There are too many magical girls so they will be halved". The curtain will now be raised on the relentless and merciless survival game between 16 magical girls.

blurr

Cool, shall watch.

Spice and Wolf - I liked it but a lot of things went over my head, particularly their plans and explanations, I should've paused and let things sink in when I needed to but noooooo, I had to be conceited.

I should watch season 2.

Mailbox

Cool, shall watch.

Spice and Wolf - I liked it but a lot of things went over my head, particularly their plans and explanations, I should've paused and let things sink in when I needed to but noooooo, I had to be conceited.

I should watch season 2.

Season 2 of S&W is even more confusing. I love it, but some things in it I still don't get.

I should rewatch Season 2.

zulux21

Season 2 of S&W is even more confusing. I love it, but some things in it I still don't get.

I should rewatch Season 2.

you know I think I should do that too, but instead since we don't seem to be getting anymore of the anime I think I will just order the light novels and read them instead. might help the flow if you don't skip a book in the middle of stuffs.

zulux21

Not enough for another 2 cour show, maybe barely enough for 1 cour.

well you let it rest for 6 months and next spring do a new season, maybe of just one season if it doesn't come out very fast, and then let it rest until next spring ect :p

personally I am just going to pick up the manga.

KazenY2J

I can't join in this one so I can just go with
Mahiru Inami (working) worst female character in all of anime
Megumi "Megu" Amatsuka (cheeky angel) a close second (I really should give both shows another try knowing how horrible the character are and see if they have redeeming qualities beyond those horrible characters)

best female is tough but Kyoko from Skip Beat would be up there.
After S3, not anymore.

One of the plot lines that I completely forgot to bring up about the last episode of Charlotte was about
Tomori's brother. Now that Yuu time leaped back to save Ayumi doesn't that mean that Yuu never meets with that vocalist and therefore never never goes and saves her brother. This time leap is gonna have some bad butterfly effect
ramifications in the next episode.

And speaking of episode 11 of Charlotte... Here is the preview of the next episode. Looks like it's gonna be crazy!

I had a MAL profile, then I forgot everything I watched and never updated it again. I have a fucking horrid memory.

By the by, Rokka no Yuusha is the tits. I really, really like it. It was a sweet bait and switch from an interesting, if tired, heroes unite to defeat the Evil Enemy to a Locked Room Puzzle. I really like the characters too, especially Hans who had a lot of depth and interesting...ness...added to him after his fight with Adlet. Didn't see his character going that way at all. I did kinda roll my eyes a bit at Adlet's confession but y'know...whatever, I'll roll with it.

Too bad I solved this the second I saw
Maura with the key when she first appeared.
It's sorta really obvious ESPECIALLY after episode 10.
"KILL HIM AND DON'T ASK QUESTIONS ALSO I LIED ABOUT HANS BEING HURT SO YOU'D KILL HIM C'MON GUYS KILL HIM."
Hans figured it out at least.

Edit: Awwwww, that Rachnee is so cute.

Double edit: LOL, just rewatched something that bugged me and I think I'm wrong about my assumptions. I think I know who the actual seventh brave is, which amuses me because that means that I was directly lead to believe shit despite being shown stuff otherwise constantly. Super interesting if it does turn out to be who I think it is. Well, who I think it is now.

Mabufu

Banned
I don't need to further my love for Clannad, especially Clannad After Story, but, my love for it is because of the character development and how it carried past HS and into adult life. I can see why people hate how the ending came about, but if you focus on the theme of the show and the journey the characters take you through, it's just amazing.

Oh and NGNL gets a ton of hate here for the loli imouto shit they added at the beginning, but the story itself including the games and complete mindfuck of how they figured that shit out was great! Always loved watching then do their thing.

Pretty much this. Clannad starts as a common HS show but goes further and deeper than anything else, touches more real life situations and makes you understand that Clannad AS is talking about serious business, therefore you care more about characters.

Also, seeing characters grown up, building or having built their lives, after having great comedy in S1, gives you some nice melancholic feelings.

Clannad is a hell of a ride through human emotions.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
when i look at these mal pages there's a very discernible split in taste between older members and newer members.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To be fair, there's probably an age difference too and tastes change over time. Although the oldest (in terms of age) members aren't even around anymore.

Quasar

To be fair, there's probably an age difference too and tastes change over time. Although the oldest (in terms of age) members aren't even around anymore.

And some of us didn't get into anime until we were old. I know I didn't get into anime until I was way into adulthood. And having only been into anime for maybe three years and relying on streaming mostly, there's lots of older stuff I haven't tried or have trouble getting into because they are old and feel kind of archaic compared to the grand children.

Because of which if you look at my MAL, you probably could not tell that I'm not a kid based on my watchlist. Its mostly all post 2000 stuff.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/sulimo

Sölf

And some of us didn't get into anime until we were old. I know I didn't get into anime until I was way into adulthood. And having only been into anime for maybe three years and relying on streaming mostly, there's lots of older stuff I haven't tried or have trouble getting into because they are old and feel kind of archaic compared to the grand children.

Seinfield is Unfunny, eh? Can totally relate to that. And yeah, tastes change. Back when I started watching more online (and not just the stuff that was on TV), I basically only watched your standard harem anime. Nowadays, I rarely watch harem at all, but pretty much everything if I like it. I mean, I have stuff like Love, Love? and Green Green! in my list which I wouldn't even touch nowadays. xD

Cornbread78

Guys Yui kinda sucks.

I think you mean Iroha.

Team Yukino represent.

Team Iroha however Team Sensei is also appealing.

Ah the SNAFU waifu wars rage on. So here is the breakdown:

Best Girl: Iroha (not a potential mate)
Cutest/Nicest: Yui (#2)
Prettiest/Smartest: Yuki (#1)
Dream match: Sensei
Dark Horse: Totsuka
BL pick: Hayama

By the end Yuki would make the best match fit Hiki personality wise. They make each other stronger by supporting each other in a way Yui could never.

Also, fuck SNAFU fir that cliffhanger, just sayin....

So I haven't really kept up with Snow White with the Red Hair.
But I did recently go through some episode pics, and you know, I'm starting to suspect the guy on the right here might be a villain. Or at least an antagonist.

I feel like I have an eye for such things.

Yeah, this was yesterday's episode. That is yet another Lord that thinks he can prey on por Shirayuki because of her "commoner" social status and completely not understanding that she is the prince's girl. Stupid arrogant fools..

Quasar

Sölf;177934373 said:
Seinfield is Unfunny, eh? Can totally relate to that. And yeah, tastes change.

Which is weird. I mean I'm a film history geek so you'd think I'd be quite fine watching older anime that current stuff is built on just to see the throughline. And yet that's not quite the case.

Anime seems a bit like videogames where the age of visuals impacts me more than it does with live action film for some reason.

Mandelbo

I always feel a little taken aback when I see other people's MAL profiles. Just when I think having 22.9 days worth of anime on my profile is huge, I find people with like twice that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom