• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
aIb6WEj.png

the fact that this is the first time i've seen this site makes me think i've been missing out on something

Super robot anime are awesome. So no

On a completely different note, I can't see myself ever making a MAL list at this point, because I feel like I'd need to go and dig up every anime I've watched and then give most of them some sort of rank, and fuck that

The only reason I bother with MAL is so I can look at nice graphs.

I think shows like Evangelion, Kino's Journey, and Hyouka are fantastic shows and that they deserve all the praise they get.

At the same time, I think Clannad and its After Story aren't as bad as many people say they are. I think it's just very flawed. I don't think they're as good as other people say they are, but that's another story. I don't really recommend them, but I can't bring myself to hate them.

But what I really enjoy are super robot mecha anime! Those awesome, action-packed shows filled with manliness and hotblooded characters! TTGL, G Gundam, Shin Mazinger, and Gundam Build Fighters are some of my favourite shows!

Is my taste in anime bad?

Even if it was, would it bother you that much that you get to watch stuff that others don't like and enjoy it? I loved Hyouka. I loved Clannad. I can't say I enjoy Mecha shows. I like SoL and rom-coms. My opinion isn't the same as yours, does that mean that my taste sucks? Maybe it really does, but ultimately anime is entertainment, and even if I am the sole spectator of a show and enjoy it, that's good enough for me.

Guys, Cross Game is so good. I want more things like this. Is Touch my best bet? Seriously, Cross Game though.

Yeah, Touch is good, and it's definitely similar to Cross Game. You can't go wrong with Adachi in general, but Touch and Cross Game are his most similar works.

Cross Game has been on my list for awhile now, but 50 episodes, that could be a while. We'll see how Eureka 7 goes.

You should watch Cross Game. It's actually a legitimately great show.

zulux21

But without ratings how would you detect "Low" compatibility?

I don't know this low thing

o.o;

Yeah, Touch is good, and it's definitely similar to Cross Game. You can't go wrong with Adachi in general, but Touch and Cross Game are his most similar works.

You should watch Cross Game. It's actually a legitimately great show.

I really enjoyed Cross Game, I couldn't get into Touch at all, I've been meaning to read the manga to Touch to see if that goes better. To be fair when I went into Touch I wanted a baseball anime and instead got a romance, when I went into Cross Game I knew it wouldn't be just a pure baseball anime.

Cornbread78

Even if it was, would it bother you that much that you get to watch stuff that others don't like and enjoy it? I loved Hyouka. I loved Clannad. I can't say I enjoy Mecha shows. I like SoL and rom-coms. My opinion isn't the same as yours, does that mean that my taste sucks? Maybe it really does, but ultimately anime is entertainment, and even if I am the sole spectator of a show and enjoy it, that's good enough for me.

Yup, we'really always on the same path, lol..

clannadmeisalute.gif

Oh and if we add Manga into the equation, that's even worse LOL

I just default everything to 7 as a base score and go from there. It's a good way to track what I've watched and helps when asking for recs, so people can see what I have already watched.

Cornbread78

the fact that this is the first time i've seen this site makes me think i've been missing out on something

Yeah, it a great tracking tool for what you have seen and to find new things to watch. I'm not a big fan of the community there. If you guys think we have bullies here, just think YouTube comments when it comes to some of the users there, lol.

I bet you have the "I love Chinese cartoons" achievement!

Seriously, wtf is that? Lol..

zulux21

My mean always is a little to high to hit the 5 score mean achievement (5.37). Though I haven't done any readjusting since early this year.

mine is apparently at 6.5

i've also apparently marked 6.23% of all anime as completed, given how lazy I have been in the last year that number should be higher lol closer to 7 as I have like 100 more series to add to my completed list :p

i gave up on reviewing stuff on mal after my reviews kept getting deleted by mods

I gave up after they deleted my recommendations with the reason being that I shouldn't mention if two shows or films share directors. You know, because no one would ever find it useful to know when show they liked had something similar from the same director.

Cornbread78

See, I feel the same way.

I understand why some people say Clannad isn't good. The show has some serious flaws. But do you know what's really bad? Hades Project Zeorymer.

Because SCREW Hades Project Zeorymer! It was nothing but random incomprehensible gibberish that felt like somebody tried to squeeze a 12 episode series into a 4 episode one! And it somehow found itself into a Super Robot Wars game alongside freaking G Gundam!!

But I digress. Maybe some people don't think highly of my taste, but I'm not going to let that get to me from enjoying the shows I like any less.

JulianImp

yes.

glorious upscaled 720p

I ain't even
platinum
mad.

Actually, I was about to write "and I don't care if it's just upscaled 720p" but decided against it.

You'll miss out on all the graphs about how much of your life you are wasting on anime.

I don't need MAL to know that I'll never get the time I've spent watching Detective Conan back. I mostly use it to keep track of stuff I've watched and plan to watch.

zulux21

And that is what it's all about and why I don't get fired about people hating what I like, lol. Did I mention Walkure Romanze is horrible?

Yeah, no. No need to sign up for that, lol.
man, if I cared that people dislike stuff I like I wouldn't be able to enjoy anime :p
it's always better to just enjoy talking about the industry in general and then discussing shows with like minded people... which for me is anyone who found no game no life to be the best anime that aired last year :p

See, I feel the same way.

I understand why some people say Clannad isn't good. The show has some serious flaws. But do you know what's really bad? Hades Project Zeorymer.

Because SCREW Hades Project Zeorymer! It was nothing but random incomprehensible gibberish that felt like somebody tried to squeeze a 12 episode series into a 4 episode one! And it somehow found itself into a Super Robot Wars game alongside freaking G Gundam!!

But I digress. Maybe some people don't think highly of my taste, but I'm not going to let that get to me from enjoying the shows I like any less.

I can totally get why some people say Clannad isn't good, that is because for the first 10 episodes or so it really isn't. It was a chore to watch with horrible tropes and bland characters. Then it stopped caring about all but a handful of characters and transformed from a very meh show into a solid show, and had a great second season as it continued to just focus on those characters and actually giving them depth.

also worst anime ever... still easily the chrono trigger ova. other stuff may be technically worse, but those are bad enough they are easy to make fun off. the chrono trigger ova is in that horrible area where it's not quite bad enough to make fun of, but not remotely good enough to enjoy.

I don't need MAL to know that I'll never get the time I've spent watching Detective Conan back. I mostly use it to keep track of stuff I've watched and plan to watch.

heh, I don't need to think about how I have seen most of detective conan twice, most of one piece twice, most of naruto 3 times (and the first 50 eps of the second series 3 times) most of fairy tail twice (with the first 25 eps 3 times) both series of FMA 3 times..... ect... way to much anime time @_@

zulux21

Chrono Trigger has an OVA?

yup lol

if I recall right chrono has like a 2 second cameo... but I try to block that thing from memory despite seeing it like 10 times ><;

I should note I have also see mars of destruction that many times it becomes enjoyable around watch 3 as you have enough jokes to have fun with it.

it was a little fan project that we were doing with bad anime that was like mystery science theater. While mars came out decently we admitted defeat to the chrono trigger ova.

yup lol

if I recall right chrono has like a 2 second cameo... but I try to block that thing from memory despite seeing it like 10 times ><;.
Well now I need to watch this.
I should note I have also see mars of destruction that many times it becomes enjoyable around watch 3 as you have enough jokes to have fun with it.

it was a little fan project that we were doing with bad anime that was like mystery science theater. While mars came out decently we admitted defeat to the chrono trigger ova
Mars of Destruction is comedic gold from the first viewing.

zulux21

Well now I need to watch this.

Mars of Destruction is comedic gold from the first viewing.
my first watching was a it can't really be that bad watching and thus took a bit.
second watching was trying to make joke and doing it easily
third watch and on was perfecting the jokes and fun.
64.9% for me. Kind of surprised its not higher actually.Cornbread seems much more compatible with me than many others around here.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had decent compatibility with me as your rating with cornbread is almost the same as mine :p

ibyea

Banned
So I'm curious.

Do you guys have a show that you think you would like, but it has one character who is so repugnant that he/she ruins the entire experience?

I think I would like A Certain Scientific Railgun.

But this character...
tumblr_mhmugr0DHX1roi9fwo1_500.gif

...fuck everything about this character.

The Paz of this universe, only she
never gets blown up.

I don't like the show even without her, but yeah she is the worst.

Cornbread78

man, if I cared that people dislike stuff I like I wouldn't be able to enjoy anime :p
it's always better to just enjoy talking about the industry in general and then discussing shows with like minded people... which for me is anyone who found no game no life to be the best anime that aired last year :p

I can totally get why some people say Clannad isn't good, that is because for the first 10 episodes or so it really isn't. It was a chore to watch with horrible tropes and bland characters. Then it stopped caring about all but a handful of characters and transformed from a very meh show into a solid show, and had a great second season as it continued to just focus on those characters and actually giving them depth.

I don't need to further my love for Clannad, especially Clannad After Story, but, my love for it is because of the character development and how it carried past HS and into adult life. I can see why people hate how the ending came about, but if you focus on the theme of the show and the journey the characters take you through, it's just amazing.

Oh and NGNL gets a ton of hate here for the loli imouto shit they added at the beginning, but the story itself including the games and complete mindfuck of how they figured that shit out was great! Always loved watching then do their thing.

zulux21

I don't need to further my love for Clannad, especially Clannad After Story, but, my love for it is because of the character development and how it carried past HS and into adult life. I can see why people hate how the ending came about, but if you focus on the theme of the show and the journey the characters take you through, it's just amazing.

Oh and NGNL gets a ton of hate here for the loli imouto shit they added at the beginning, but the story itself including the games and complete mindfuck of how they figured that shit out was great! Always loved watching then do their thing.

yeah I didn't like clannad at first. dropped it, and then went back to it when it came out in english and I could do other things at the same time. Once we shift focus to late highschool and beyond it gets really good, and the end is a bit odd but it was a fun ride.

but yeah no game no life was just a fun ride trying to figure out where things are going and ultimately feeling like it wasn't an asspull after you get to the end. the second season needs to come already, but at least the light novels are coming in english so worst case I can just continue reading them.

same deal with the devil is a part timer, thankfully those are coming out because even fan groups didn't really touch that series :/

Cornbread78

Manga is much better. They actually chose the proper route for one.

For Walkure? Well, he has 6 to choose from, but no movement anywhere. I mean he aye food from each of them the same day, c'mon.. It's almost painful, lol. I'll finish it though.

60+%, not bad, lol.

zulux21

Chrono Trigger OVA
This was actually pretty inoffensive. I wouldn't actually recommend anyone to watch this, but it more pointless than outright bad. At least it had nice music,

that's really what makes it so bad to me. I can't even really mock it. it just kind of exists making me sad @_@

Sakura

I started watching Yahari Ore no Seishun etc. I never knew what people were referring to when they said snafu, but I guess it is this (though I'm not sure I understand where that part comes from).
Why do the main heroines in these shows always suck so much? Makes it difficult to watch.
I thought I'd try the game they put out, but apparently the game doesn't actually have any romance in it, which kind of makes me wonder what the point is.

Quasar

For Walkure? Well, he has 6 to choose from, but no movement anywhere. I mean he aye food from each of them the same day, c'mon.. It's almost painful, lol. I'll finish it though.

Yeah.

I was pretty disappointed after Princess Lover which was done by the same studio and based on another of the same companies VNs.

It was like a ecchi series with no romance or ecchi.

zulux21

Why do the main heroines in these shows always suck so much? .

I haven't seen it, or don't recall it off the top of my head, but I am going to guess she is a tsundare, and she sucks because most tsundare have the emotional depth of a coin. Heads I hit the main male for no reason, tails I am embarrassed for no reason.

as for why, because for some reason people like that horrible type even when it is done offensively bad. I mean they could at least try to get somewhere in the ballpark of the depth of someone like Taiga from Toradora :/

still not quite as bad as the clumsy girls that are so clumsy that they should have died from falling down stairs into incoming traffic well before they reached middle school.

It still makes me sad that this show gets so much attention when the vastly superior show Baby Steps barely gets any... though I won't complain to much as this is what will be replacing Baby Steps in my sports slot as it's at least something to watch in a dismal next season lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom