• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

MGS5
(my first MGS)

God that was a long, slow, turgid prologue. It had some cool moments here and there with the horror angle of innocents being butchered right and left in a hospital while you are defenceless, but as I say it went too long.
And why Big Boss is Gordon Freeman. It's so unnatural having only two characters on screen, you and other one, he talks to you but the MC doesn't talk.

Yeah the prologue is a bloated hour long tutorial-cum-David-Lynch-wannabe-jerkfest. It's pretty neat visually, but it also shows that Kojima is a way better game designer than he is a "film" director. Lol.

Tribe Cool Crew Episode 45
tumblr_nuai89gH3A1s5wiico2_500.gif

tumblr_nuai89gH3A1s5wiico1_500.gif

Well the end is near. I loved the songs for this episode as it used my favorite song of this part of TriCool. Also Crowd High was epic as always but they didnt do my favorite of the dance for MoeMoe and Lui. Oh well. Cant wait to see the elementalists dance.

blurr

Man, episode 10 of Non Non Biyori Repeat bicycle training scene was beautiful. Subtle undertone on parenting.

Started off with some light humor followed by something heart warming and then it hits you right in the feels.

i'm slow, but really the second season getting simulcasted doesn't really mean much. Funimation likely signed a contract for both parts to be simulcast from the start since the second part was announced before the first part aired.

I don't think it did poorly for them though since it was in the first group of shows to get a dub from that season.

Never forget Funi has picked up shows and never got their second seasons! Unforgivable they never got Kingdom 2.

phaze

I'm I a weirdo for Katanagatari being my favorite -gatari?

I would say that despite the plot becoming nonsensical in the last one/two episodes, I prefer it over Monogatari as well. Frankly after experiencing the mess that was Shikizaki Kiki's plan, I started worrying about how all the Ougi stuff will work out.
Mushishi 13
010417gwss9.jpg
0104155sswc.jpg

You dun goofed Ginko.

Pretty great ep, more tidbits of backstory for Ginko and how hard it was for him to cope with the results of him meeting Tokoyagi.

Mushishi 14
untitled-1gmsx8.gif

Ha ! You thought it was your usual mono no aware episode but it was me, Depreshishi ! The non-linearity and repeated scenes added worked well to instill the sense of unease and confusion. And that ending hit pretty hard, especially after the show lulled me into false sense of security. thinking everything will be alright now.

Another great ep episode but timeloop mushi ? How the hell does that even work ?

Cornbread78

D-Frag ep. 1-6
tumblr_n2vcffqgHc1sgn94ro1_500.gif

Wow, this anime is certainly entertaining to say the least. I mean, it is completely messed up in a funny kind of way. The variance in comedy is great and I've found myself laughing way more than I should be. Oh well, this is pretty damn good.

As much as I really REALLY like the manga, the anime for D Frag is just straight better. Better art, better pacing, better comedic timing, everything. I think it's a super under-rated comedy.

zulux21

while this isn't anime I figure there should be enough cross interest to warrant posting this here

taken from a cag twitter post and from the xenoblade special edition thread at about the same time...

xenoblade chronicles X LE up on gamestop.com

Never forget Funi has picked up shows and never got their second seasons! Unforgivable they never got Kingdom 2.

oh I know they aren't perfect at that but I can't see much reason why they wouldn't get both parts of a split cur show. when something like snow white with red hair doesn't get picked up I can start worrying about it, but as of right now I can't really imagine a case where a split show like this doesn't have both parts picked up at the same time. As serph isn't really getting a second season just the second half of the first season. It would be just like picking up a new show and only picking up half of the episodes.

"we know gangsta is 12 episodes but we only got the first 6... sorry"

Qurupeke

As much as I really REALLY like the manga, the anime for D Frag is just straight better. Better art, better pacing, better comedic timing, everything. I think it's a super under-rated comedy.

I find it hard to enjoy comedy in manga form. I think the whole thing just works way better in an anime.

Mandelbo

I think they're both quite good, although I only started reading the manga once I had started enjoying the anime. It took a while for the anime to grow on me for some reason - it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

Maken-Ki! Two - 08

Wow, I didn't expect a Der Untergang parody. A bunch of silly stuff went down in this episode. For example they were forced to sing the opening plot to Star Wars, and I'm pretty sure they referenced Hunter x Hunter during the rock paper scissor game.

Shimoneta 10

The comedy here is getting really stale at this point.This episode had a lot of recycled jokes, though there was a moment here or there where they mixed up the humor a bit that was funny
Gouriki, honey, pink is so not you

Now the plot on the other hand...
Korusi you bitch.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I can't help but feel like the visual trick used on this opening didn't really amount to anything. It's also a victim of the really lousy snake CG from Monogatari S2. I feel like if I made a list of Shaft's best openings none of Monogatari openings would hack the top five. Why can't we escape this overrated series?
Because its GOAT like Sword art.

I never thought I would say it...

..but everyone here needs to be more like cornbread, and watch D-Frag.

tumblr_mzdzg7RthO1qa94xto4_250.gif

Takao is girl of the century.

Sore ga Seiyuu - 10

No, don't do it Hachikuji Rin! Doesn't really help that she was playing his little sister, can't get Ararararagi-san out of my head.
I wonder if Kamiya Hiroshi actually spoke of himself in this, with depression, being negative and lacking confidence, or if it was script. Perhaps both. Interesting episode nonetheless.

Sölf

I never thought I would say it...

..but everyone here needs to be more like cornbread, and watch D-Frag.

tumblr_mzdzg7RthO1qa94xto4_250.gif

Takao is girl of the century.

When watching D-Frag! I actually thought that the beginning and the end was pretty awesome, but the middle part was a bit dull.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I can't help but feel like the visual trick used on this opening didn't really amount to anything. It's also a victim of the really lousy snake CG from Monogatari S2. I feel like if I made a list of Shaft's best openings none of Monogatari openings would hack the top five. Why can't we escape this overrated series?
"didn't really amount to anything" is basically the unofficial monogatari series slogan tbh

Considering the original Gundam anime is older than probably a lot of us here, seeing as it starting 1979, I have to wonder.

Is the picture quality of Rightstuf's blu-rays just gonna be totally fucked?

javac

Pokémon Movies 1, 2, 3 to be released on DVD and Blu-ray in Australia and New Zealand.
Pokémon: The First Movie - MewTwo Strikes Back
Release Date: 02/12/15
Audio: English
Subtitle: English
Format: DVD
AGuJepk.png

yaiOki7.jpg

Price:
DVD $24.98 @JB Hi-Fi

Pokémon: The Movie 2000 - The Power Of One
iTbnFAn.png

fk8AWnP.jpg

Price:
DVD $24.98 @JB Hi-Fi

Pokémon 3: The Movie - Spell Of The Unown
Jgk7OGL.png

jcggP0c.jpg

Price:
DVD $24.98 @JB Hi-Fi

Pokémon Movie Collection (Limited Edition)
Format: BD
IDl293F.png

hJgtNXw.jpg

Price:
BD $62.98 @JB Hi-Fi

Gundam SEED - 33

Now this was a freaking awesome episode.

So it turns out the Earth Alliance had an even more messed up idea than ZAFT's forces did, in that they tried to
blow up ZAFT's strongest forces along with some of their own men in what was essentially one big nuke. I gotta admit, when I caught on, I was on the edge of my seat.

We also had Mu La Flaga being awesome as usual, Kira showing up and wrecking the place with the Freedom Gundam for some awesome mecha action, and Athrun finding out that the one responsible for ZAFT's failures was none other than Lacus.

I gotta say, I'm really interested in where this is all going now after these developments. Good stuff.

javac

I mean, we have reference material for how it'll look since it's out on Blu-ray in Japan. The Japanese BD had a lot of DNR applied to it if I recall correctly. This of course doesn't take into consideration in regards to any more tampering. It looks like the whole series will be on 4 discs for comparison sake, the Japanese set had 9 at 50GB each, the Italian set had 5.

Sterok

Umaru 10

This is why we don't want online only consoles. Because the younger generation can't figure out how to insert a single-player only game. Bomber seems to be a loyal Konami customer. I think the saddest part of the series is that Taihei seems like he'd be so much more successful at life than he is, but he's in the same position as Bomber. I'm not familiar with Japanese salarymen, but I suspect that's not too unrealistic.

Umaru 10

Finally Umaru is starting to see that her brother really does work hard to make things her way. Also, that last tidbit was awesome. I'd totally watch onii-chan in his high school days with his friends.

javac

Going to watch the last 8 episodes of City Hunter 2 now, 3 and a half hours of pure bliss. I expected part 2 to be a notch down from the first part but I enjoyed it equally as much, if not more so however it does contain more double bills which can go either way really depending on the person. I won't jump into City Hunter 3 straight away, or any show for that matter and will take a break and watch some films and OVA's instead, not like anything can top the beast that is CITY HUNTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom