• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

Umaru and Bomber together are always a blast. Would be best duo in the season if not for the return of Candy Store and Ren-chon. Little Umaru was also the cutest thing in the universe, I love this show so much. Please don't end in the first season!

Ore Monogatari 23

Don't do it, Takeo
COmHQB2.png

Plastic Memories 5

It's been a while since I watched episode 4, so I'm surprised I still remember everything. Cool backstory this episode, I guess. Whatever. Isla saying ohayo is still the best scene in the entire show so far.

Umaru-chan ep.10
Another funny episode. Random things going on like; she had a classic battle with the cold germs and an awesome way to defeat the emery by jamming the onion stick in it'd butt.... Ouch. The big bro flashback, the lunches.

Other than that, this is the first episode you could clearly see was coming from multiple chapters of manga because it felt disjointed and like thete were 4 seperate arcs all in the same episode..

The previous one felt that way too, imo, it's just that the stories related to each other in a better way.

I'm ok with this, anyway, better than having 5 minute episodes every week, that's not nearly enough Umarun.

Cornbread78

Bakemonogatari 08

Damn, didn't really expect good looking animation from that Kanbaru and Ararararararararararagi "fight." Also didn't expect such extreme violence, she practically did a fatality on him. Physical violence escalates further!

You haven't seen anything yet brotha..

Umaru and Bomber together are always a blast. Would be best duo in the season if not for the return of Candy Store and Ren-chon. Little Umaru was also the cutest thing in the universe, I love this show so much. Please don't end in the first season!

Ore Monogatari 23

Don't do it, Takeo
COmHQB2.png

Plastic Memories 5

It's been a while since I watched episode 4, so I'm surprised I still remember everything. Cool backstory this episode, I guess. Whatever. Isla saying ohayo is still the best scene in the entire show so far.

The previous one felt that way too, imo, it's just that the stories related to each other in a better way.

I'm ok with this, anyway, better than having 5 minute episodes every week, that's not nearly enough Umarun.

- Ore was dad this week, poor Takeo.
- The cutest Isla is coming soon, just wait.
- My fear is that they ate trying to cram as much manga as they can into these final episodes. That tells me they are not planning on a 2ND season.

Phatmac

Goddamn are Toshi and Gin episodes the best. They just have such a strong comedic relationship. Loving the Kenshin references as well as more Fist of the North Star ones as well. Can't believe Otae fell in love with yet another fake version of Gintoki. My ship will always be Tsukky and Gintoki but Otae is still cute despite her cooking. Still this fucked up version of Gintoki's soul that took over a dead cat's asshole is fucking crazy.

I'm curious. Are you enjoying Seed?

While it was received really well in Japan, it seems like its earned quite a bit of ire here in the US.

I watched half of it when it was airing in the US, but never finished it.

SEED is sort of a love it or hate it show in the US and possibly other western countries but here in Canada at least, I find that it's more liked and well-received in comparison due to YTV giving it 5 full runs on Bionix (Canadian Toonami) and having far less edits and cuts in comparison to the Toonami broadcast. Seems to me that American viewers were turned off from the initial Toonami broadcast.

Seems to me that American viewers were turned off from the initial Toonami broadcast.

Well it didn't help that they move the time it was airing around all the fucking time in the US. I missed quite a few episodes because Cartoon Network shifted it from like 8pm to 12pm to briefly 1pm for some reason.

Well it didn't help that they move the time it was airing around all the fucking time in the US. I missed quite a few episodes because Cartoon Network shifted it from like 8pm to 12pm to briefly 1pm for some reason.

This is also a factor. YTV always kept the time at either 9:30 or 10:00 depending on the run.

Jarmel

Banned
Alright can someone explain to me why certain shows will put sound effects into their opening theme at times? It's like someone forgot they had to do it. WIXOSS did it for the finale and I know JoJo does it a number of times.

Mailbox

Alright can someone explain to me why certain shows will put sound effects into their opening theme at times? It's like someone forgot they had to do it. WIXOSS did it for the finale and I know JoJo does it a number of times.

You mean the last episode for the first season of Wixoss?
Yeah, i found that freakin bizarre too.

Cornbread78

Is anyone good at making gifs? I need a couple good ones for the Samurai Flamenco let's watch OT next week, but there is really nothing on tumblr or Giphy. Also need a banner like in the other Let's Watch threads. Is this show that bad guys that there is nothing good out there? A gif of the "bro's" and something else that helps capture what the show os sbout woukd be awesone. (Same size as tumblr ones is fine....)

Sunday Without God has been a letdown so far because it just doesn't make sense for the most part.

Please, please, please...

Ore Monogatari 23

Well that's that. I guess they needed a bit of drama for the finale. Still it felt extremely forced considering the way the show has been going.

Is anyone good at making gifs? I need a couple good ones for the Samurai Flamenco let's watch OT next week, but there is really nothing on tumblr or Giphy. Also need a banner like in the other Let's Watch threads. Is this show that bad guys that there is nothing good out there? A gif of the "bro's" and something else that helps capture what the show os sbout woukd be awesone. (Same size as tumblr ones is fine....)

Sunday Without God has been a letdown so far because it just doesn't make sense for the most part.

If you can find scenes on youtube you can make gifs out of them extremely easy with websites specifically designed for them.

Kenstar

what do you need done in samflam specifically
I guarantee no watermarks, 4 frame oversaturated tumblr shite or shitty bitrate either
owzmrg.gif

Defuser

I tried to warn ya, it was a average show. Samurai Flamenco is something I wouldn't recommend either because it doesn't make sense even worst than Sunday without god and tens times more fuckery.

I tried to warn ya, it was a average show. Samurai Flamenco is something I wouldn't recommend either because it doesn't make sense even worst than Sunday without god and tens times more fuckery.

The show had the potential to be decent, then they
get rid of Dante
and everybody worth a damn abandoned ship.

javac

Finished City Hunter 2! What a beautiful, amazing show. From the first second I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear, laughing the whole way through but as always it never failed to make me shed a few tears, and the ending was amazing as you'd expect. The whole ensemble is fantastic, with no bad characters or weak-links, it really is a perfect show. 63 episodes of fantastic television packed with comedy, drama, action and of course mokkori! Look forward to my review! If you miss it, I'm going to give you the hammer!

javac

Man City Hunter 3 is only 13 episodes, but it looks great. On the plus side, there's plenty of side content including 91' :D

Infinite Ryvius

This was pretty good, I really liked it. I can't say I cared too much for the behind-the-scenes dealings of the military and government, but the whole situation with the students onboard the Ryvius and how everything slowly went to hell was really fascinating to watch. The large cast of characters did pretty good at showing a lot of different viewpoints and the effects of what decisions were being made, and seeing all the different personalities having to cope with their situation was really entertaining. The music was also well done.

I did think the last episode/epilogue wrapped things up a bit too neat and clean, but overall, it was pretty enjoyable.

blurr

Going by what I'm reading about Samurai Flamenco, I definitely want to check it out. I don't want to know or see anything about it before I start watching but I think there are some gifs/images from the show here ~__~

The best part of the Snake arc in Bakemonogat is that TV and BD versions are completely different experiences and both versions should be checked out.

Narag

Hidamari Sketch x365 10
Right sort of episode for the approach taken this season as it helped show the bridge between Yuno's home life and her newfound independence.

Mushishi 14
This one was reminiscent of episode 11 as it too felt like it was some adapted mythology. Ep embodied the mystical atmosphere of the show and was hauntingly beautiful with the lastsix minutes evoking more emotion than some shows do in their entire run. Great stuff.

Ayumi

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 03

Effin' droー ..Oh. Guess I will keep watching.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Kenstar

The Only reason to watch MonMusu is for the .0001% chance of more MGS References and Rachnera

and the next ep where mc goes on the SWATMusu multi-date

Ore Monogatari 23

Well that came out of left field. Even Suna was surprised by how bold that dude was. I automatically hate this
new dude. How dare he try to break up this adorable couple.
I agree with some others in that this feels a bit forced. Especially since we are so late in the show it seems weird for them to start this angle. Unless they plan to keep going after this season. In which case it would make more sense, but I think we know at this point how this is gonna play out and it sucks because I don't want to see
Takeo or Yamato be sad or upset because of what this dude said.

Syrinx

Ore Monogatari 9-12

Takeo is hot af. What's with these girls?

Aikatsu! 149

Kaede and Yurika aren't planning on putting TriStar back together, are they? Pls no, get literally anyone else on board.

Mailbox

Reason 1 - Rachnera
Reason 2 - No other reasons needed

caused me to change my avatar after using Gurren Lagann for a good year.
so yeah :p

Also: I'm currently drawing Suu. I'll also post a Avatar sized version if someone wants to use it. I also plan on drawing a few other of the characters.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

I don't know. Despite all the mind fuckery, samurai flamenco have that certain logic and theme to it that make it joyful to watch. Not to mention each episdoe try to one up previous episode in a way that make most viewer goes WTF
Samurai Flamenco is the Metal Gear Solid 2 of anime
I can agree with that.

Ep.1-6 is tanker chapter, 7-end is shell chapter+revengeance+ a bit of mgs 4.

blurr

I'm only watching Gintama randomly, watched 43 episodes that way. Really fun show. Usually decide to watch an episode if I don't want to watch anything else in my watching list haha.

TUSR

Banned
Gintama is a roller coaster BGBW

random serious arcs

i just watched 86-87 with Sogo's sister
she was only around for 2 episodes and i GOT THE TEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom