• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
monogatari

the harem anime where there's an actual reason the MC doesn't get with the girls, but you could've fooled me.

He actually gets with his girlfriend. Figuratively and literally.

I mean that's progressive as fuck for harem MCs. We're talking civil rights or gay marriage levels of progress.

All this Monogatari talk makes me realize I need to get on watching Monogatari Series: Season 2 (already seen Nise and the Neko-arcs/movies)

KanameYuuki

Already on episode 7 of Ushio to Tora, it's been really fun so far, if it wasn't because of the posts here, I would have just skip it, I don't know what is it but it is like I unconsciously try to avoid good shows, and I also want to add darling-kun makes MonMusu a lot more enjoyable, it is so annoying that harem shows have the usual useless Mc that doesn't even seem to react to the girls, like if he is not into females at all.

Jarmel

Banned
WIXOSS-2
fqQWgRR.jpg

None of these girls are stable are they?
How the fuck can Akira do all that shit in one turn? Make someone eseentially discard their entire hand and attack? Weepy girl has clearly never played a card game before. Discards aren't the end of the world. She just went comatose in the opening wave. I didn't expect dead eyes in episode 2 already. Okada always performs above expectations.
You're up next on the chopping block baby!

javac

Just wrapped up Episode 55 of City Hunter 2. Only 8 more episodes left which I'll watch tomorrow. I didn't post any updates on the episodes after Episode 16, sorry if anyone cared. I actually have a couple thousand words written up for the subsequent episodes (Episodes 17 to 55) with screens and such but can't be bothered posting them here now since it's been a few days and I doubt anybody's champing at the bit to read about the episodes. The show is phenomenal like part one, and I can't wait to finish it tomorrow. I'd be really sad if there wasn't a third part, but like they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

There's enough material for a second season?

The writer was working with them on the plot, i think it should get well into where the mangas currently at
The website also announced that the original manga's writer, Takaya Kagami, is personally drafting the original story for story episodes not yet serialized in the manga version. He is also supervising all aspects of the scripts until the anime's 24th and final episode.

Jarmel

Banned
WIXOSS-3
Yuzuki got wrecked as expected. Lol at that card saying it's perfectly natural to want to fuck your brother. Ms. Glasses will probably hit the three loss rule soon enough and that's when I really expect shit to hit the fan. Also I expect as Tama evolves, she will start to become smarter and probably more evil or whatever. She's like a Gremlin after midnight.
Really? After two battles you're having a meltdown about your lack of progress? What, do you think there are only 5 Selectors out there? Still not as good of a crazy face as Kagari though.
5iTbqvD.jpg

The Queen.

blurr

Yea, Kogarashi sentimental and Platinum Disco OPs are something else. It's hard for me to pick one OP over the other, all of them are character specific.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well Senjou and Kaiki are better than Tsukihi so...

Cornbread78

I mean that's progressive as fuck for harem MCs
. We're talking civil rights or gay marriage levels of progress.

Ain't this the fucking truth..
Kirito is the other one, lol

JulianImp

I mean that's progressive as fuck for harem MCs. We're talking civil rights or gay marriage levels of progress.

Which is why I love the series, since it merely used the harem genre as a starting point and then went on to do its own thing. Nadeko's the only girl besides Gahara that actually loves Araragi (but in, let's say, her own unique kind of way...), and Kanbaru's advances on Araragi are more like teasing, and a way for her to assert her superiority over him by making Arargi feel as uncomfortable as possible (but then he sometimes surprises her by managing to make a comeback).

Monogatari OPs are all amazing, IMO. Too bad Shinobu's VA didn't do an image song for her... The Kaiki+Gahara song, Platinum Disco and Mousou Express are among my favorites, but I like the others quite a bit as well.

Also, 君が知らない物語 is awesome, even more so once I saw how they used the lyrics in the last episode (or was it the episode before that?). That was one hell of a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming for me.

True best Monogatari OP Edit: NSFW warning since I forgot about some stuff (only really like the song)

Doesn't make it any less of a tedious, boring bullshit franchise though even if it does have some good OPs.

I guess the "there's always someone out there who'll call your favorite anime shit" thing is true, after all...

Tried looking at the video, and...

YouTube comment said:
No Copyright infringement intended!
YouTube said:
This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

blurr

Which is why I love the series, since it merely used the harem genre as a starting point and then went on to do its own thing. Nadeko's the only girl besides Gahara that actually loves Araragi (but in, let's say, her own unique kind of way...), and Kanbaru's advances on Araragi are more like teasing, and a way for her to assert her superiority over him by making Arargi feel as uncomfortable as possible (but then he sometimes surprises her by managing to make a comeback).

Monogatari OPs are all amazing, IMO. Too bad Shinobu's VA didn't do an image song for her... The Kaiki+Gahara song, Platinum Disco and Mousou Express are among my favorites, but I like the others quite a bit as well.

Also, 君が知らない物語 is awesome, even more so once I saw how they used the lyrics in the last episode (or was it the episode before that?). That was one hell of a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming for me.

Maybe in Kizu? :p

JulianImp

Maybe in Kizu? :p

Yeah, because Kaiki will obviously be a relevant character to the very first story of the series chronologically.

I'd still take it if it meant Kaiki would get non-chibi figures, because that's something I'd get day -1 if it, you know, actually existed.

Russ T

Banned
Yeah, because Kaiki will obviously be a relevant character to the very first story of the series chronologically.

I'd still take it if it meant Kaiki would get non-chibi figures, because that's something I'd get day -1 if it, you know, actually existed.
There aren't many anime figures I'd buy, but that's one I definitely want, even though I hadn't realized it until now. D:

blurr

I feel like I'm the only guy who doesn't think too high about Kimi no shiranai monogatari. It's good but I don't regard it as the best.

I guess the "there's always someone out there who'll call your favorite anime shit" thing is true, after all...

Watched the entirety of Bakemonogatari after all the praise it got. It was far and away the most boring anime I watched all the way through. There was nothing clever or intriguing about what the characters were saying as they went on endless tangents about completely mundane bullshit. It was like listening to people try to have a meaningful conversation before defaulting to talking about all the holes they have in their socks.

Might have been a nice frame here and there and the rare action looked nice, but that's about it.

JulianImp

There aren't many anime figures I'd buy, but that's one I definitely want, even though I hadn't realized it until now. D:

Everybody wants Kaiki. It's just that some people still aren't aware of it.

All this OP talk for Monogatari, but the ED in Bake is better than any of them by a long shot:

https://youtu.be/eLPs_w-FepA

But I just did!, only I used the song's JP name, 君が知らない物語.

The only song I know in full is Renai Circulation for some reason, but I also remember bits and pieces of Mousou Express and Kimi ga Shiranai Monogatai.

blurr

I like the conversations in Monogatari simply because they're hilarious, it isn't just about the dialogues, the animation and music plays along with the conversations so well, every little joke gets amplified. If they're not making fun of each other or doing/talking something ridiculous, they deal with personal issues. I haven't seen a show that's so consistently funny, every conversation is so much fun to hear, regardless of the topic.

Phatmac

Glad you guys are talking about Monogatari as I've recently finished seeing the second season and man was it amazing. Every arc was great with each character besides Sugara getting some more character development. With the OP talk it sucks that Shinobu doesn't have her own OP as it'd probably be great. I'll probably write some more thoughts on the season here but man I did a complete 180 on Kaiki from thinking he was a jerk to becoming a wonderful character that carried the ending arc by himself. It's crazy that a show would even think to consider that but it worked as Kaiki elevated the show with his somber life about playing the role as a bad guy. I still think Nandeko is worst girl but their conversation at the end made it all worth it. I just love how all the characters talk with one another yet keeps it interesting with the art direction and cinematography that SHAFT is known for. Kaiki best girl.

zulux21

Yes Seraph of the End 2 is getting simulcasted, so glad it did well for funi!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CObFCRcUkAAhdeS.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

i'm slow, but really the second season getting simulcasted doesn't really mean much. Funimation likely signed a contract for both parts to be simulcast from the start since the second part was announced before the first part aired.

I don't think it did poorly for them though since it was in the first group of shows to get a dub from that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom