• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

School Rumble can go home. #teamfuckschoolrumble

U6OlKWR.gif

javac

I think I might actually read the City Hunter Manga, I've been toying with the idea for a while. The art looks so fucking good. And yeah, me reading! Hell has truly frozen over. I can't stop talking about this show.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
My body isn't ready. I'm not worthy.

Does this one take place before or after the ending of season 2. I'm never too sure with the Monogatari series, I feel like we are jumping all over the timeline.

First segment takes place before
Nadeko crisis
and second half at the same time as Tsubasa Tiger and Shinobu Time.

Doesn't it translate to "End Story," though?

Final Season was expanded from two to six books as it was being written and the title was coined before it got more stories under its wing. Only the third book, which isn't in this season, is really kind of the ending. I guess you can take the other two in the sense that they tie up some loose ends.

Andrew J.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 01-05

This show is so pretty. The care and attention for backgrounds is apparent in almost every scene.

Shirayuki is the character of the year. She's more compelling and more courageous than a thousand tough warrior chicks with a secret soft side.

It's a little weird how the aesthetics are thoroughly European aside from the names and the one ninja, but I've rolled with stranger combinations before.

My mom's favorite show when I was a kid was Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman, and this show is probably what I would use if I ever tried to get her into anime.

phaze

GETTING HYPED FOR THE NEW MONOGATARI SHOW! New PV is out! Watch it while you can!! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5-JnNLX5jJs I wonder who the twintails girl is? Why is Koyomi back in high school?

This happens between Mono S2 and Hanamonogatari I think ? So he probably just didn't graduate yet.

I wonder if there are some plot points in Kizu that will turn important in the end stages of Monogatari. Absolute bullshit if it turns out that way. I still have very little idea of what's the deal with Arararararagi and Shinobu.

SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist Episodes 1 & 2

Kind of hilarious with the concept and word dinging choice. Tanukichi going along with things feels great, was hoping he wouldnt be against participating in Blue Snows schemes.

Squalor

Final Season was expanded from two to six books as it was being written and the title was coined before it got more stories under its wing. Only the third book, which isn't in this season, is really kind of the ending. I guess you can take the other two in the sense that they tie up some loose ends.
Are there more light novels being written?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So you are saying that even though we aren't watching this in order, this is all gonna lead us to some kind of conclusion, in let's say Season 3?

There is a conclusion, yes, but it's not the kind of "everything was leading up to this moment" conclusion. You're dealing with Isin who prides himself on worldbuilding and anticlimaxes.

Are there more light novels being written?

After four books called "End Story" in the "Final Season"... Yep, there are! Seriously, 19th book comes out in October!

I could never imagine reading Monogatari, I take the show as such a visual experiente. Those head tilts wouldn't be the same in written form.
There is a conclusion, yes, but it's not the kind of "everything was leading up to this moment" conclusion. You're dealing with Isin who prides himself on worldbuilding and anticlimaxes.

After four books called "End Story" in the "Final Season"... Yep, there are! Seriously, 19th book comes out in October!
If this means that we have more Monogatari coming, I'm all for it. Gimme moreeee.

JulianImp

Gakkou Gurashi EP10
Alright, this was everything I hoped the show would be... too bad it got its act together a little late, since this wasn't worth the eight episodes of nothing peppered with awful fanservice for the sole sake of it.

While I really liked this episode, it's like they gave us one extra-large serving of despair where smaller doses over time would've been more interesting. I'm finally looking forward to next week's episode, something that didn' happen to me since episode three.

Phatmac

This happens between Mono S2 and Hanamonogatari I think ? So he probably just didn't graduate yet.

I wonder if there are some plot points in Kizu that will turn important in the end stages of Monogatari. Absolute bullshit if it turns out that way. I still have very little idea of what's the deal with Arararararagi and Shinobu.
Yeah we could use some more character building with arararagi and best loli slave Shinobu. I'd just like a flashback about Shinobu's life.

God Eater Episode 7
tumblr_nuav1a3FZN1rvkjhco2_400.gif

I want Lenka's God Arc. It was so awesome this episode.

Great episode, I dont know what Alisa is even doing anymore, perhaps she ought to retire.

Science scene needs explanation, it was unclear at the significance, unless that was to show that that was the basis for the weapon this episode.

Squalor

It is a mystery. Probably before Hana still. Maybe before Owari. Just because more things happen after Owari doesn't mean it's a continuation. Could just be a side-story of some sort.
I mean, by definition, anything that happens afterward is a continuation unless there wind up being parallel universes in the Monogatari series, haha. It doesn't really matter I was just curious.

I need to catch up on the last two seasons, anyway.

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 31

Haven't seen Kanata in awhile. I blame him for my earlier apathy to this show. He's so boring he sucks out all the energy. So they're pulling the villains are fairies card again. At least this means Shut is definitely going to survive. Villains are plotting something long-term this time instead of relying on tried and failed monsters of the week. Totally called Close would come back. Nice skirt dude. Seems that Stop and Freeze are super Zetsuborg or something? Right on the heel of Lock being a fairy too. Those two could die, but we'll see. Next, a Minami episode that might actually be interesting?

John Blade

Patlabor is my favorite series of all time man! The avatar! Q_Q

You're Under Arrest looks awesome, will watch that for sure :) After blasting through 63 episodes of City Hunter 2, I think that I'll watch some films and such for a little while, I have a few that I want to watch and can't wait to share :)

Having said that, I'm not sure if I can chastise myself from watching TV series for very long, I give it a day or two T_T

The good thing about Your'e Under Arrest TV show is you can stop anywhere and you can pick it up few weeks later and you're still have a good idea of what is happening in the show. That's what I noticed when I was watching it. This can be a double edged sword as it follow this formula for season 2 and 3 and you might get tired quickly if you watch it non stop. Still, I still think this show might be good to you if you like Patlabor.

Cornbread78

Even with this great breakdown, I'm still confused:
https://www.reddit.com/r/araragi/comments/1mezh0/the_orders_to_monogatari/

First segment takes place before
Nadeko crisis
and second half at the same time as Tsubasa Tiger and Shinobu Time.

Ok, so now I'm really confused at this timeline:

The beginning of what we watch this fall is the events right after Kaiki saves the three of them (Araragi, Shinabu and Senjou from the snake God.

Then that arc should end in Shenjou and Araragi graduating.

Are there additional events during that summer and into the fall when they leave together for college that are covered?

Then, that fall, Araragi (when he is in college already) goes back to help in Kanbaru in Hanamonogatari
Both of which take place before Tsukimonogatari correct?

SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist Episodes 1 & 2
Kind of hilarious with the concept and word dinging choice. Tanukichi going along with things feels great, was hoping he wouldnt be against participating in Blue Snows schemes.

You haven't gotten to the best stuff yet, keep watching...

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 01-05
This show is so pretty. The care and attention for backgrounds is apparent in almost every scene.
Shirayuki is the character of the year. She's more compelling and more courageous than a thousand tough warrior chicks with a secret soft side.
It's a little weird how the aesthetics are thoroughly European aside from the names and the one ninja, but I've rolled with stranger combinations before.
My mom's favorite show when I was a kid was Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman, and this show is probably what I would use if I ever tried to get her into anime.

Definitely a Shoujo anime, so mommy approved. However, it is pretty damn good at the same time and your right about it being beautiful to look at.

Squalor

Fuck it. I'm just going to wait for everything to be out, watch it in release order, and figure it out myself. Haha.

Even with this great breakdown, I'm still confused:
https://www.reddit.com/r/araragi/comments/1mezh0/the_orders_to_monogatari/

Ok, so now I'm really confused at this timeline:

The beginning of what we watch this fall is the events right after Kaiki saves the three of them (Araragi, Shinabu and Senjou from the snake God.

Then that arc should end in Shenjou and Araragi graduating.

Are there additional events during that summer and into the fall when they leave together for college that are covered?

Then, that fall, Araragi (when he is in college already) goes back to help in Kanbaru in Hanamonogatari

First four arcs which will actually be animated are going to take place just before
Nadeko Medusa

This is all you need to know right now.

The guy who wrote that time-line actually updated it, use this one.
https://www.reddit.com/r/araragi/comments/253p64/the_orders_to_monogatari_condensed_version/

August 20th - 21st. Kabukimonogatari; 8th novel; Mayoi Jiangshi. [2nd Season]

August 21st - August 23rd Onimonogatari; 11th novel; Shinobu Time. [2nd Season]

August 22nd - August 23rd Owarimonogatari V2; 16th novel; Shinobu Mail. [3rd Season]

August 21st - 24th. Nekomonogatari:Shiro; 7th novel; Tsubasa Tiger. [Concurrent to Oni + Owari v2.] [2nd Season]

Late Sept - Early/Mid Oct. Owarimonogatari V1; 15th novel; Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle, Sodachi Lost. [3rd Season]

October 31st - November 2nd. Otorimonogatari; 10th novel; Nadeko Medusa. [2nd Season]

Refer to this for the arcs that we're going to see this fall
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3kdok6/slug/cuwmavd <----- spoilers
--------------------

Or just don't bother to make sense out of this mess...

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Hanamonogatari
takes place after everything. No stories past that point have been told. It also happens after graduation, the only story to be placed there so far.

Owarimonogatari... let's say, part one
happens a little bit before Nadeko Medusa while simulatenously reflecting on events that predate Kizu. Second Season is pretty much all told out of order, so this would place Owari 1 somewhere in the middle of that.

Owarimonogatari part two
takes place even earlier than part one, shortly after Araragi and Shinobu time travel, so after Tsubasa Tiger, Mayoi Xiangshi and Shinobu Time all three of which are very close together and partially overlap.

The only direct sequel to Tsukimonogatari is Owarimonogatari part three, which is not airing this fall.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 429 – Killer Bee Rappuden: Part 1

So Gaara isnt hokage just a jinjuriki, and Naruto was locked up for some unexplained reason. This is a funny Killer Bee Shippuden. Glad its more than one episode.

1794424.jpg

Well, actually it's not really a sudden realization. I just saw other people saying it's a good show, and it's premise seems interesting...

...I'm gonna keep saying it's my idea tho. Because then it makes me seem smarter.

Squalor

1794424.jpg

Well, actually it's not really a sudden realization. I just saw other people saying it's a good show, and it's premise seems interesting...

...I'm gonna keep saying it's my idea tho. Because then it makes me seem smarter.
Yes, you should. It's fantastic.

e_i

School Live episode 10

Welp.
Taroumaru dead/zombie now and Megu-nee bites Kurumi. Miki's going to lay down some justice I guess.

Still don't know why some animes like Gakkou Gurashi/School live get two different names (or just translated names), it's only going to confuse people.

Squalor

Ah yeah, It does give us those wonderful translations like "Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls in A Dungeon" and "a Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't exist."
Those are literal ones that make sense, though.

It's the interpretations that wind up being stupid.

Random question: my friend and I are having a discussion about anime in general, and he is convinced there is no anime hand drawn anymore. That all work is done on computers. Surely there is still SOME done hand drawn on paper then scanned....right? Anyone know anything about this topic? I'm surprised how little I can find online. I actually don't know much of the process of making anime I realize now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom