• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught up to Gintama and the feeling was a weird mix of success and emptiness

I still go and load up my CR queue when I'm about to eat and then go "Oh, yeah"

Squishy3

I caught up to Gintama and the feeling was a weird mix of success and emptiness

I still go and load up my CR queue when I'm about to eat and then go "Oh, yeah"
it's a disappointing world that we live in where we don't have a plethora of gintama episodes left to watch

Gintama is a roller coaster BGBW

random serious arcs

i just watched 86-87 with Sogo's sister
she was only around for 2 episodes and i GOT THE TEARS
this is both the best and worst thing about gintama

rib should know exactly what i'm talking about

Droplet

Is anyone good at making gifs? I need a couple good ones for the Samurai Flamenco let's watch OT next week, but there is really nothing on tumblr or Giphy. Also need a banner like in the other Let's Watch threads. Is this show that bad guys that there is nothing good out there? A gif of the "bro's" and something else that helps capture what the show os sbout woukd be awesone. (Same size as tumblr ones is fine....)

Sunday Without God has been a letdown so far because it just doesn't make sense for the most part.

Please, please, please...

samurai-flamenco.jpg

or

g3dlBIw.png

?

Jintor

Umaru 10

so i herd sticking spring onions up your ass makes you better

pretty decent episode. Laughed out loud at Bomba going 大好き. What a bomba.

Mailbox

Well, I finished my Suu drawing.
Idk why but something feels off about it and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly.

Hmmm...

Just an Fyi, I don't mean the circle-hands. I just do that because I can't draw hands for shit let alone with this kinda chibi-style.

If someone wants an Avi version:

sE3qRyz.png

Well, I finished my Suu drawing.
Idk why but something feels off about it and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly.

Hmmm...

Just an Fyi, I don't mean the circle-hands. I just do that because I can't draw hands for shit let alone with this kinda chibi-style.

If someone wants an Avi version:

sE3qRyz.png

Ah so that's why. Maybe it would look a bit better with actual arms at least? Dunno, but that Rachnera pic had me wondering what those random balls were at first.

Otherwise those are really good drawings.

Mailbox

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People are not even in the 100s when in comes to Gintama? At this rate I'm going to casually mention something like the iDOLM@STER parody arc and find out I've spoiled it for everyone despite that being about 50 episodes ago.

phaze

Bakemonogatari 08

Damn, didn't really expect good looking animation from that Kanbaru and Ararararararararararagi "fight." Also didn't expect such extreme violence, she practically did a fatality on him. Physical violence escalates further!

Arararararagi beatdowns are the best part of Monogatari.

New character ?

Can I assume this is full one cour at least ?
Mushishi Zoku Shou 14

Two gutpunches at the ends of two consecutive episodes. ;(

blurr

haha, that was close, I thought someone already made one so I checked :p

for some reason reddit wasn't opening on desktop so much juggling happened on phone for fetching link and stuff XD

Phatmac

Gintama is a roller coaster BGBW

random serious arcs

i just watched 86-87 with Sogo's sister
she was only around for 2 episodes and i GOT THE TEARS
Glad you're enjoying it! More people need Gintama in their lives. For these episodes I love how Gintoki acts during the hospital. He's such a sweetheart.

Cornbread78

D-Frag ep10-END:
tumblr_nhkxyemHtH1s8sotmo1_500.gif

tumblr_n295bw2AtE1qzd219o1_500.gif

tumblr_n0tj66f0yv1s8sotmo1_500.gif

tumblr_n33ozhax851sg9gi2o1_500.gif

Man, so many great parts to this one. I mean, it does exactly what you want it to do if you are lookign for some mindless and fun comedy. Thankfully, they never got into the whole love triangle aspect (and no, not that one from the gif, lol; that one was different, LMFAO)
The characters were all good, the faces were awesome, the theme was good and the comedy never went stale.... Good times indeed; awesome and hilarious show.

D-Frag ep10-END:

Man, so many great parts to this one. I mean, it does exactly what you want it to do if you are lookign for some mindless and fun comedy. Thankfully, they never got into the whole love triangle aspect (and no, not that one from the gif, lol; that one was different, LMFAO)
The characters were all good, the faces were awesome, the theme was good and the comedy never went stale.... Good times indeed; awesome and hilarious show.

You should check out School Rumble sometime. It's on viewster here in Europe, dunno about the US (+ it's on Hulu).

javac

I'm already feeling City Hunter withdrawal. Looking back at the show and the many Openings and Endings that it had in particular, I think that Sara might be my favorite OP, while Super Girl is my favorite ED. I love the fade in :D

Like I said earlier, City Hunter 3 is only 13 episodes which makes me upset, but I think that in the end 13 episodes is enough to give me more City Hunter goodness, and although judging by the OP City Hunter 3 has a little different vibe going on, I'm digging it a whole lot.

All of the Openings and Endings:

Not one bad OP or ED, these are all probably my favorite Openings and Endings to any show period, I love this show. 114 episodes, time flies.

Sölf

Eh. There are so many episodes and apparently so many fillers that my motivation to just jump in winds up at a halt.

No Gintama Episode is a filler. It's just episodic comedy for the most part. The good thing about that, it works. I even think Gintama is that one anime where you wouldn't even recognize filler episodes.

@School Rumble:
Best School Comedy ever. Even though you have to switch to the manga after S2.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Dang, those latter ones were the more interesting arcs based on the names.

Oh, for those who want to click that link, beware for obvious spoilers, one arc name in particular is kinda "odd".

------
Wow you're the one who was able to make the Reddit thread, enjoy your millions of internet points.

They need to figure out a way to do Koyomimonogatari (which is a collection of twelve stories much shorter than normal) before the last book of Owari (for plot reasons), so the split makes quite a bit of sense. Despite the books all being named the same they're three different stories.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Filler in Gintama? That statement is so funny it almost reaches the comedic heights of the show itself.

Cornbread78

You should check out School Rumble sometime. It's on viewster here in Europe, dunno about the US (+ it's on Hulu).

There is a Viewstar app on Google play, maybe that will work, but I can use the free Hulu app to watch it. It's amazing how much anime they have available using the app.

Yeah, there are a couple more on my list to watch as well that I heard were pretty good:

Fruits Basket
School Rumble
Baka and Test
Ouran Host Club
The Devil is a Part-Timer!
Is This a Zombie?

Sounds like my ideology when it comes to watching anime, lol

These all sound pretty intereting...

John Blade

I'm already feeling City Hunter withdrawal. Looking back at the show and the many Openings and Endings that it had in particular, I think that Sara might be my favorite OP, while Super Girl is my favorite ED. I love the fade in :D

Like I said earlier, City Hunter 3 is only 13 episodes which makes me upset, but I think that in the end 13 episodes is enough to give me more City Hunter goodness, and although judging by the OP City Hunter 3 has a little different vibe going on, I'm digging it a whole lot.

All of the Openings and Endings:

Not one bad OP or ED, these are all probably my favorite Openings and Endings to any show period, I love this show. 114 episodes, time flies.

I guess you can start watching patlabor if you didn't watch it yet or you're under arrest series which I am almost done watching.

javac

I guess you can start watching patlabor if you didn't watch it yet or you're under arrest series which I am almost done watching.

Patlabor is my favorite series of all time man! The avatar! Q_Q

You're Under Arrest looks awesome, will watch that for sure :) After blasting through 63 episodes of City Hunter 2, I think that I'll watch some films and such for a little while, I have a few that I want to watch and can't wait to share :)

Having said that, I'm not sure if I can chastise myself from watching TV series for very long, I give it a day or two T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom