• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

^Indeed interesting start

Gakkou Gurashi episode 10

Well, that was interesting.

Very interesting

In fact, too interesting.

It looks like it's going to be a race against time but then
the zombies break in, now everything's hopeless and the episode ended

Squalor

Haibane Renmei Episode 1

Uhhh...grabbing a crow like that is probably pretty dangerous. Granted, the speed at which you're falling, it may not matter.

Oh, so she turned into an egg. And they allow smoking in heaven-esque society?

Well, the cast seems likable enough. But that Halo is probably something insidious isn't it?

Oh, wow, that actually looks really painful. Whew, doesn't seem too ba-OH, this is turning into some abrupt body horror!

Interesting start.
I'm glad our further protestations finally convinced you to jump in.

You're going to enjoy the ride. I have very few complaints about the series. My biggest wound up being the side characters, but it's whatever.

Soon yuumika will be upon us again.
COjocCcWgAAfY-w.jpg:large

Squalor

Yuichiro's demon weapon Ashuramaru was confirmed, either by manga readers or in an interview or something, to be male (despite clearly being female). I'm remembering that correctly, right?
Sölf;178372997 said:
Why does this exist.
I'm very surprised it's moving forward with the second part. It wasn't good. Was it that popular?

I'm very surprised it's moving forward with the second part. It wasn't good. Was it that popular?

I'm pretty sure DTL personally funded the entire production costs of the second season all by himself.

--------------

This reminds me, how is everyone Haikyuu!! hype? I'm breezing through the first season currently and I've been really enjoying it. I don't see too much fuzz about the upcoming season in here though.

pls no spoilers.

Ascheroth

Yeah that totally blew my mind. It's so very rare for any fiction to completely blindside me that I appreciate this, even though I also sorta wish it had just kept the tone from... Before that happened.

(Not to say I didn't like what happened after, it's just I really liked it before!)

Haha, yeah, I feel the same way.
Still, going to be interesting reading the impressions in the Let's watch.

Btw, Cornbread: Please try not to mention the crazyness in the OT. It's probably going to be useless, but maybe there are still a few pure souls out there who do not know about it and get the full experience :)

I was taking a look at the next season, and this stood out to me, Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider. It's labelled as Drama, Mystery, Seinen and here's the synopsis:

The story of the original Subete ga F ni Naru novel revolves around Souhei Saikawa, a member of the Saikawa Research Lab. He goes on a vacation held by the lab, and Moe Nishinosono, the daughter of his mentor, joins the group on their vacation despite not being a part of the lab. There, the two end up finding a corpse. The two work together to solve the mysteries of what becomes a serial murder case.

Has anyone read this? Is there any hype for it?

Russ T

Banned
gotta lure the fujoshi on board bro

haha

Haha, yeah, I feel the same way.
Still, going to be interesting reading the impressions in the Let's watch.

Btw, Cornbread: Please try not to mention the crazyness in the OT. It's probably going to be useless, but maybe there are still a few pure souls out there who do not know about it and get the full experience :)

Yeah, I'm generally very spoiler-friendly (as in, I don't mind them), but this is one of those rare instances where saying anything gives it away and being spoiled ruins the impact. Whether people end up liking or disliking it, there's no denying that the initial twist is the biggest thing to happen.

I agree it's probably fruitless, but might as well try! D:

Of course most people who would participate in the Let's Watch probably already frequent this thread, haha.

This reminds me, how is everyone Haikyuu!! hype? I'm breezing through the first season currently and I've been really enjoying it. I don't see too much fuzz about the upcoming season in here though.

pls no spoilers.

YUS.

Haikyuu!! is my favorite sports anime. I love sports anime! I'm very excited for the new season.

I was taking a look at the next season, and this stood out to me, Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider. It's labelled as Drama, Mystery, Seinen and here's the synopsis:

I haven't read it, but it's on my list, along with Haikyuu!!, One Punch Man, and Concrete Revolutio (mostly for the MC's hair, it's fabulous, but I have no idea if the anime will end up being trash or what - maybe someone can warn me if it's likely to be trash??).

YUS.

Haikyuu!! is my favorite sports anime. I love sports anime! I'm very excited for the new season.

I haven't read it, but it's on my list, along with Haikyuu!!, One Punch Man, and Concrete Revolutio (mostly for the MC's hair, it's fabulous, but I have no idea if the anime will end up being trash or what - maybe someone can warn me if it's likely to be trash??).

You should have Young Black Jack in your list for next season.

A-1 Productions.

That's all I have to say.
Truth be told I never look at who makes what, I just watch the stuff lol. I'm guessing they aren't good? I feel like GATE is from them, and I've had no problems with the show so far in terms of animation. The story belongs to the manga anyway so that's not on them. And this show is based on the book right? Wouldn't that mean that if it is shitty, it is because the book is crappy too?

hahI haven't read it, but it's on my list, along with Haikyuu!!, One Punch Man, and Concrete Revolutio (mostly for the MC's hair, it's fabulous, but I have no idea if the anime will end up being trash or what - maybe someone can warn me if it's likely to be trash??).

Same here, except I'm not watching Haikyuu. And I think Concrete Revolutio is something new. Could be wrong.

Russ T

Banned
You should have Young Black Jack in your list for next season.

Oh oh yeah haha I forgot about that one.

I feel obligated to read the original Black Jack first, though. D:

Truth be told I never look at who makes what, I just watch the stuff lol. I'm guessing they aren't good? I feel like GATE is from them, and I've had no problems with the show so far in terms of animation. The story belongs to the manga anyway so that's not on them. And this show is based on the book right? Wouldn't that mean that if it is shitty, it is because the book is crappy too?

Stuff they've made that I like: Anohana, Tsuritama, Magi, Silver Spoon, Nanana's Buried Treasure, From the New World, Seven Deadly Sins. EDIT: And GATE, I like that, too!

Among other things that I have on my to-watch list that are supposed to be good!

YUS.

I'm really digging it, a fun group of characters and Araragi explaining the rules of volleyball, I love it.

Also whenever Hinata jumps up to spike the ball, oh my god I get pumped every single time, this show looks so good, and those sound effects when they hit the ball, so satisfying.

I do wonder how they're going to keep this interesting.

Russ T

Banned
I'm really digging it, a fun group of characters and Araragi explaining the rules of volleyball, I love it.

Also whenever Hinata jumps up to spike the ball, oh my god I get pumped every single time, this show looks so good, and those sound effects when they hit the ball, so satisfying.

I do wonder how they're going to keep this interesting.

it's so good

The typical sports anime arc is they just keep playing against stronger and stronger opponents, also some opponents they've already beaten will come back even stronger than before, and blah blah blah. It's very formulaic, but the tone and art of Haikyuu!! sets it apart from the rest. The sheer camaraderie of the team is some of the best I've seen in a sports anime. I love it.

See the problem with A-1 is that they love getting every type of series and they try to adapt them in a hurry in order to make profit. While that's good for them, it ends up rushing series or getting a sloppy mess.

However I'm not saying everything from them is terrible, but chances are whatever they grab can be a crappy mess. Although looking at the Staff should be more of a priority I guess.

Stuff they've made that I like: Anohana, Tsuritama, Magi, Silver Spoon, Nanana's Buried Treasure, From the New World, Seven Deadly Sins.

Among other things that I have on my to-watch list that are supposed to be good!
I feel like hating on a studio isn't always the right approach. Sure there might be some crappy low quality ones, but when it comes to adaptations, I feel like on should look at the source material first if anything. Now if the animation is total garbage, of if they make an original story, etc, that's a different story.

See the problem with A-1 is that they love getting every type of series and they try to adapt them in a hurry in order to make profit. While that's good for them, it ends up rushing series or getting a sloppy mess.

However I'm not saying everything from them is terrible, but chances are whatever they grab can be a crappy mess. Although looking at the Staff should be more of a priority I guess.

Ah I see. Well the fact that it is Seinen and Mystery make me want to check it out. I want more adult, mystery stories damnit.

Oh oh yeah haha I forgot about that one.

I feel obligated to read the original Black Jack first, though. D:

Stuff they've made that I like: Anohana, Tsuritama, Magi, Silver Spoon, Nanana's Buried Treasure, From the New World, Seven Deadly Sins. EDIT: And GATE, I like that, too!

Just try to watch some of the TV series for Black Jack.

It's really great.

The Perfect Insider novel has not been translated into English, so you aren't likely to find people around here who have read it. It was Hiroshi Mori's debut novel in 1996, after he resigned his position as an engineering professor to become a professional writer. A little information on Mori from Wikipedia:

Mori’s writings are called “rikei mystery,” which roughly translates into “science mystery.” This is most likely because Mori uses his experience as a research scientist and weaves some kind of a science- or math-related problem into the story (for example, several math puzzles were presented in Mathematical Goodbye). However, Mori says that he is reluctant to label his novels that way, and he goes on to question what is really meant when people say “science”.

In addition, Mori’s works, especially The Perfect Insider, is often criticized for the overuse of computer jargons. He responds that it is perfectly natural for people with some background knowledge to have a better understanding than others. According to Mori, computer jargons are not much different from proper nouns, like the names of celebrities or fashion brands, in the sense that they are in most cases just there as ornament that serves to create a particular mood.

Mori later wrote the novel The Sky Crawlers, which was adapted into an animated film by Mamoru Oshii.

The Perfect Insider received a live-action drama adaptation last year. This is the latest trailer for the upcoming TV anime.

Please inform me about everything there is to know about this series, I'm interested now.

Osomatsu-kun is a gag manga by Fujio Akatsuka from the 1960s which received two TV anime adaptations in 1966 and 1988. It followed a group of 10-year old identical sextuplets. The Osomatsu-san anime commemorates the 80th anniversary of Akatsuka's birth, and depicts the manga characters as adults. Its director is Yoichi Fujita, who proved his comedic directing chops on Gintama. Its character designer is Naoyuki Asano, whose work on Shiranpuri and Saint Young Men showed him to be one of the most interesting character designers working today. Its art director is Seiki Tamura, who one of the best records of an active art director outside of Studio Pablo, having overseen the backgrounds on shows such as Michiko and Hatchin, the K-ON series, and Fujiko Mine. Looks very promising.

javac

Osomatsu-san second trailer.

Still the best looking show starting in the fall.

When looking at the posters for all of the new shows, this was the only thing to catch my eye, it has a nice art style. It's based off of a 1960's manga by the late Fujio Akatsuka. I might check it out down the line. Vaguely interested in the Project Itoh films and that rotoscoped horror show could be interesting if you want me to dig deep and try to find something I might care for. Don't care for anything else and even these just vaguely caught my eye. This is the deepest I've ever looked into concurrent and upcoming shows.

Osomatsu-kun is a gag manga by Fujio Akatsuka from the 1960s which received two TV anime adaptations in 1966 and 1988. It followed a group of 10-year old identical sextuplets. The Osomatsu-san anime commemorates the 80th anniversary of Akatsuka's birth, and depicts the manga characters as adults. Its director is Yoichi Fujita, who proved his comedic directing chops on Gintama. Its character designer is Naoyuki Asano, whose work on Shiranpuri and Saint Young Men showed him to be one of the most interesting character designers working today. Its art director is Seiki Tamura, who one of the best records of an active art director outside of Studio Pablo, having overseen the backgrounds on shows such as Michiko and Hatchin, the K-ON series, and Fujiko Mine. Looks very promising.

Very informative, thanks!

Cornbread78

Eureka 7 ep. 17-19
Holland is kinda a douche lately. Benton is also still a whiny brat at times, but I guess that is the whole "coming of age" thing. Not sure what to think about the whole Eureka thing and her transformation thing.

I'm pretty sure DTL personally funded the entire production costs of the second season all by himself.

--------------

pls no spoilers.

HQ s2 is going to be so good, my five favorite characters together at last.

They even had their own dedicated Third Gym doujin event.

Bokuto's and Akashi's revealed vas are going to be perfect for their roles.

Saudades

The main reason this one stood out to me is because Asano Inio (Oyasumi Punpun, Nijigahara Holograph) is doing the original character design. The mystery story is a plus.
The Perfect Insider novel has not been translated into English, so you aren't likely to find people around here who have read it. It was Hiroshi Mori's debut novel in 1996, after he resigned his position as an engineering professor to become a professional writer. A little information on Mori from Wikipedia:
Cool, I wonder if we'd get straight science or something similar to 999's pseudo-science and myths.

Defuser

Gate is based on a novel. And it's good to know what kind of studios and people in the industry are involved if you gonna watch anime and post in here, you will find quite a few interesting stuff about it. Like A1 pictures, might look like a studio but they hired a shit ton of freelancers using dat aniplex money so it like almost empty in the inside. And known for it's bad working conditions
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rwork-in-suicide-of-a-1-pictures-staff-member

Well...most animations studios have bad conditions.....

Duckroll have a wealth of infomation regarding studios if you're willing to dig it up.

jordisok

it's so good

The typical sports anime arc is they just keep playing against stronger and stronger opponents, also some opponents they've already beaten will come back even stronger than before, and blah blah blah. It's very formulaic, but the tone and art of Haikyuu!! sets it apart from the rest. The sheer camaraderie of the team is some of the best I've seen in a sports anime. I love it.

Yasss Haikyuu!! love.

Eureka 7 ep. 17-19
Holland is kinda a douche lately. Benton is also still a whiny brat at times, but I guess that is the whole "coming of age" thing. Not sure what to think about the whole Eureka thing and her transformation thing.

Ahh, so you're going through the awkward teenage phase of Eureka 7, where Renton goes through a serious depresion, Eureka is nearly eaten by the planet for some reason, and Holland punches Renton enough, that it's surprising that Renton doesn't suffer a serious brain injury.

Yuichiro's demon weapon Ashuramaru was confirmed, either by manga readers or in an interview or something, to be male (despite clearly being female). I'm remembering that correctly, right?

I was confused why people though asuramaru was female. Nothing in the anime and manga scenes indicated female.

Cornbread78

Ahh, so you're going through the awkward teenage phase of Eureka 7, where Renton goes through a serious depresion, Eureka is nearly eaten by the planet for some reason, and Holland punches Renton enough, that it's surprising that Renton doesn't suffer a serious brain injury.

Yup, sounds about right, lol.

I also just wanted to point out how beautiful my gamer card is right now.

Cornbread78.png

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 11

Another great episode! Time just flies by watching this show.
Even though Ushio is on journey they still managed an episode focused on Asako and Mayuko (and Ushio saving them). A quick appearance of Reiko and deliquent dude as well and the Kamaitachi-duo appeared, too. I really like how it seems like the show doesn't forget its characters.
Was also kinda cute seeing Tora all fired up to save Mayuko, because hamburgers.

And what's this, next episode is the start of a multi-parter? Really looking forward to it!

Cornbread78

You dropped your game card.

Wahaha~ made you look.

LOL, I just happened to check the thread on gaming side, and whoop there is was, lol. No more trophies for me, it's staying like this. Well, unless there was a translated version of Clannad I could play, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom