• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite Ryvius 10

Yet another mutiny, this time in the Vital Guarder. Unlike the Ryvius mutiny, it doesn't really work out. Seriously, how could they think that everyone in the VG would be on board for deserting the Ryvius?
Also does the red fade indicate that those two who planned to desert get killed? Sounds silly but that's what it usually means.

And someone finally notices that the mystery girl exists.

Classroom Crisis 11

So it takes 11 fucking episodes for Nagisa to become a likeable character and then you finish the episode like that?! What. The. Flying. FUCK.

Crocodile

Food Wars 23

You know how you can tell an anime is good? When you get upset the episode ends after zooming by. Really not happy to hear the the finale is in two weeks time and not next week. Also yeah shit was jiggling everywhere LOL

Spread WIXOSS-2 redux

I don't even know what to say about this. Why? What? Why? Scarplay? I see that rabbit hole goes even deeper.

confused.gif

Why are you doing this to yourself? :(

Cornbread78

Prison School ep.10
Well, good job boys. It's a shame Kiyoshi mat not live through the day though... Freaking Hana finally woke up and remembered what she had poking her in the nurses room, lol

You're actually buying into that cliffhanger? Hah.

I'm not buying into it, as obviously
everything will be okay in the end, like come on.
But really? It's too cheap. "Oh look at that, mean guy turns good and then gets
fucking stabbed by his maniacal fake brother
because we need to make the audience care even more for Nagisa! Specially now that we learned of
Iris' true identity. Oh and he also kissed Sensei's sister, and Iris' saw it and got jelly. Also Sensei and him are now best friends because they need to tear down the evil company that cares more about shareholders than customers.
" *ends rant*

Future Card Buddyfight:100 (Hundred) Episode 23 (engDub)
COqbWrkWEAA9bpR.png

Noboru looks the best.

But wow great buddyfight.
Gao looks so young now whenever he is on the losing end of things and all bashful and scared. He needs a hero, Tasuku.

Cornbread78

Classroom* Crisis ep.11
Well, fuck all things anime, seriously, fuck them all. We finally get a good episode of this trainwreck series and we get that ending? WTF.. seriously, wtf. You knew he was turning a new leaf last week and we get a great scene with Nagisa and Mizuki (Iris saw the whole thing too.) and he becomes the likable dude they have been hinting at and the that jackasd shows up, wtf..... seriously, wtf. There is no way this ends with 12 episodes, so are they going 2-cour with it? Wait, I don't think I said WTF enough, so there's 1 more, wtf.

I've actually never really watched Death Note.

I know the general plot, and that eating chips causes one of the characters to emote a bit too much.

I'm not sure if either of the things I know really makes sense.

Death Note Live Actions Movie (first two) followed by Death Note Live Action TV Drama followed by Death Note Anime need to be added to your watch list.

Classroom* Crisis ep.11
Well, fuck all things anime, seriously, fuck them all. We finally get a good episode of this trainwreck series and we get that ending? WTF.. seriously, wtf. You knew he was turning a new leaf last week and we get a great scene with Nagisa and Mizuki (Iris saw the whole thing too.) and he becomes the likable dude they have been hinting at and the that jackasd shows up, wtf..... seriously, wtf. There is no way this ends with 12 episodes, so are they going 2-cour with it? Wait, I don't think I said WTF enough, so there's 1 more, wtf.

There we go. I thought I was gonna be the only one throwing a fit. What the fuck right?! Fuck this show.

Phatmac

Man I'm gonna be sad to see this end after how great it has been. Solid episode with lots of bouncing foods and spicy stuff. Hopefully Soma brings his A game next week. I'm tempted to catch up with the manga but I'd rather wait to not spoil myself of how high quality the anime has been.

Cornbread78

My Wife is the Student Council President ep.11
Oh, they kicked out the loli, thank God. ,

There we go. I thought I was gonna be the only one throwing a fit. What the fuck right?! Fuck this show.

I honestly don't even know what to think anymore, but there is no way this is only 12-13 episodes unless it's sales are that horribly bad, because that just starts a whole new arc, and seriously, wtf, just when you think they are finally giving us what we thought we were going to get from the series, we get that ending.. I a mix between a happy pissed and a Yuno pissed at the moment, lol.

John Blade

final_fantasy_vii___advent_children_by_embryohimeelric-d5lum1o.jpg

Just finish the movie this morning and let it sink for few hours and I think it might be a good time to write an impression about this movie. Let's start that I did watch the movie for the 1st time when it was release in Japan and manage to download it once it was fansub it at that time. All I remember is the battle scene and don't care the rest of the movie (hell, I just skip the just go to the battle scene as that's how much I care about this movie).

Now, I have the chance to re watch this movie but this time, try to analyze the movie a bit more. Is this movie still good after 10 years after it release? Let's found out.

The main story of Advent Children took place two years after the ending of the ps1 game. People are slowly trying to live they life as normal as they can after what have happened. A disease called Geo-Stigma (a very weird name I have to say) is spreading around the children in the town which look like it affect them somehow but never really discuss (make them tired or sick?). As this going on, three men come into the stories, looking for mothers which actually mean Jenova as they want it to resurrect Sephiroth (I didn’t heard the reason why they want resurrect Sephiroth in the first place). With this two big issue, Cloud and his friend come together one more time to stop this three men from getting this mother while at the same time try to find a cure of the disease that plague toward children (except for one for some reason). That’s all I can gather from the story of this movie as from there the story start to get difficult to understand. Explanations of what is happening in the movie start to get uneven while characters in the movie didn’t really clarify their intentions. A good example is when the three men talk about trying to find their mother and want to be with her. You eventually found out the mother they’re talking about is Jenova. Unfortunately, they never really explain why they want to see their mother to the audience. Is it because they want to be empowerment? Is it because they want to see the creator who create them? None of this was explain to the audience and I guess it was left to us to decide why.

Also, the sickness (Geo-Stigma) was poorly explained to the audience and it’s the same when a cure was produced, making this whole issue really nothing when you think about it. How this disease was born? Is it cased by the incident of what happened near the end of the game? What happened to the person if their got the disease? Will they die quickly or slowly? Also, how the cure of the disease work? Do they have to go to that small water pond in the church? Is the cure is inside the water itself? If so, why not just bottle the water and bring in the city to help cure the disease? No explanation about this part of the story which is suck.

As for character development……...um, they isn’t to tell the truth. Literally, almost all the character in this movie have very little to no character development at all. The only one that have some development is Cloud which is weird as he didn’t talk too much in the entire movie. For Cloud, it look like he have some sort of depression of what happened two years ago and kinda feel like it’s his fault for what happened. For this reason, you see him kinda cold and try to not get closed to the people who love him like Tifa. Thankfully (which is thank god Cloud isn’t emo anymore) he realize the problem and solve it completely, just in time to fight the big monster battle in the city.

As for the sick children in the movie, it feel like they’re just there as an object which need to be use to push the story forward and with no development with any of the children (even the young boy and girl) you don’t really care about them at all. For the three men, they’re one dimensional with little info of their reason of why they want to find Jenova. To me, they’re there so they can somehow get Sephiroth back from the grave and into the screen for a bit so you can the epic battle. I guess this is where the movie shine.

The fighting scene in this movie is great to the tell the truth and still look good since the last time I watch this movie 10 years ago. The only minor gripe is maybe the 1st time Cloud fight the three men. For some reason, the quick change scene in the battle make it hard to see what is happening. That is the only gripe I have as the rest look good to watch. Hell, the big battle with Sephiroth vs Cloud might be enough for quite a few people to go watch this movie only as it’s really good to watch. Suck that it isn’t as long as I hope for.

Another strength I see in this movie is the animation. After 10 years, it still look great to look at (mostly on the character animation). As for the background animation, it still look good but you start to notice a big aging design here and there in the movie which isn’t something you will notice unless you’re trying to find it. Very eye candy I would say.

For the music side, it sound great to hear and match quite well in the scene when it’s playing. Make the mood of the scene even more powerful. Also, they do bring back the famous music in Final Fantasy 7 game and remix it and work quite well. Hell, the famous music that is play when Sephiroth is fighting with Cloud near the end make the mood of the scene more great to watch. Even outside the movie, the soundtrack is great to listen to.

Overall, I like the movie. It’s like those popcorn flick movie. Tons of action in the movie but need to leave your brain outside as anything they try to tell you in the story will most likely bounce away from your brain. If you’re fan of the game, I think you will like it more mostly for the fight scene and seeing all the people you like in the game come back one more time. If you’re not, I guess it’s still fun to watch but don’t expect too much in the storyline department. I did heard another version of the movie Advent Children Complete try to fix some of the issue I have in this movie. I guess it might be better to watch that for a slight better explanation of the story but as of now, I will be going to my next anime in my collection.

tumblr_li8d1gTmpK1qepugpo1_500.gif

If I had to give the FF movie one personal thing I liked, it's that it basically said CloudxTifa is the goddamn ship.

It's always been the goddamn ship.

And CloudxAerith needs to fuck off.

Death Note Live Actions Movie (first two) followed by Death Note Live Action TV Drama followed by Death Note Anime need to be added to your watch list.

The way you ordered them makes me think the anime hasn't held up well...

I honestly don't even know what to think anymore, but there is no way this is only 12-13 episodes unless it's sales are that horribly bad, because that just starts a whole new arc, and seriously, wtf, just when you think they are finally giving us what we thought we were going to get from the series, we get that ending.. I a mix between a happy pissed and a Yuno pissed at the moment, lol.

Yeah it is a bit weird. It is like you said, it feels like we just entered a brand new arc. I feel like they are just going to rush the shit out of the last episode. So many things to resolve. The whole Iris thing, taking down the company, the romance between Nagisa and the girl... And we still don't even know about the glasses girl. Just what the heck is she, some ninja?

Phatmac

Kiyoshi going full on Kaiki/Emiya Shirou this week with his monologue about the ultimate question tits or ass. Our bro Gaktou continues to be a hero while the president confirms being a true ass man. Next week should be glorious.

kewlmyc

Ushio and Tora 11

This episode was the most contrived thing I've seen from an anime in a minute. Oh well, that's to be expected from this series. I still entertained by it though, though I was really hoping they weren't going to go with "Love interested doesn't know that Ushio is the long hair guy who keeps showing up" since Ushio doesn't really do a great job of hiding his "secret identity", if you can even call it that.

If I had to give the FF movie one personal thing I liked, it's that it basically said CloudxTifa is the goddamn ship.

It's always been the goddamn ship.

And CloudxAerith needs to fuck off.

The way you ordered them makes me think the anime hasn't held up well...

We all know Aerith is superior than Tifa in like every way.😏

Cornbread78

Yeah it is a bit weird. It is like you said, it feels like we just entered a brand new arc. I feel like they are just going to rush the shit out of the last episode. So many things to resolve. The whole Iris thing, taking down the company, the romance between Nagisa and the girl... And we still don't even know about the glasses girl. Just what the heck is she, some ninja?

It's hard to tell because from MAL, it's listed as a brand new manga as well, so we may just be dealing with the typical "you want to know what happens? Well, the manga is on sale now..."

http://myanimelist.net/manga/91872/Classroom☆Crisis

Looks like everyone hates the manga and the anime...

ibyea

Banned
final_fantasy_vii___advent_children_by_embryohimeelric-d5lum1o.jpg

Just finish the movie this morning and let it sink for few hours and I think it might be a good time to write an impression about this movie. Let's start that I did watch the movie for the 1st time when it was release in Japan and manage to download it once it was fansub it at that time. All I remember is the battle scene and don't care the rest of the movie (hell, I just skip the just go to the battle scene as that's how much I care about this movie).

Now, I have the chance to re watch this movie but this time, try to analyze the movie a bit more. Is this movie still good after 10 years after it release? Let's found out.

The main story of Advent Children took place two years after the ending of the ps1 game. People are slowly trying to live they life as normal as they can after what have happened. A disease called Geo-Stigma (a very weird name I have to say) is spreading around the children in the town which look like it affect them somehow but never really discuss (make them tired or sick?). As this going on, three men come into the stories, looking for mothers which actually mean Jenova as they want it to resurrect Sephiroth (I didn’t heard the reason why they want resurrect Sephiroth in the first place). With this two big issue, Cloud and his friend come together one more time to stop this three men from getting this mother while at the same time try to find a cure of the disease that plague toward children (except for one for some reason). That’s all I can gather from the story of this movie as from there the story start to get difficult to understand. Explanations of what is happening in the movie start to get uneven while characters in the movie didn’t really clarify their intentions. A good example is when the three men talk about trying to find their mother and want to be with her. You eventually found out the mother they’re talking about is Jenova. Unfortunately, they never really explain why they want to see their mother to the audience. Is it because they want to be empowerment? Is it because they want to see the creator who create them? None of this was explain to the audience and I guess it was left to us to decide why.

Also, the sickness (Geo-Stigma) was poorly explained to the audience and it’s the same when a cure was produced, making this whole issue really nothing when you think about it. How this disease was born? Is it cased by the incident of what happened near the end of the game? What happened to the person if their got the disease? Will they die quickly or slowly? Also, how the cure of the disease work? Do they have to go to that small water pond in the church? Is the cure is inside the water itself? If so, why not just bottle the water and bring in the city to help cure the disease? No explanation about this part of the story which is suck.

As for character development……...um, they isn’t to tell the truth. Literally, almost all the character in this movie have very little to no character development at all. The only one that have some development is Cloud which is weird as he didn’t talk too much in the entire movie. For Cloud, it look like he have some sort of depression of what happened two years ago and kinda feel like it’s his fault for what happened. For this reason, you see him kinda cold and try to not get closed to the people who love him like Tifa. Thankfully (which is thank god Cloud isn’t emo anymore) he realize the problem and solve it completely, just in time to fight the big monster battle in the city.

As for the sick children in the movie, it feel like they’re just there as an object which need to be use to push the story forward and with no development with any of the children (even the young boy and girl) you don’t really care about them at all. For the three men, they’re one dimensional with little info of their reason of why they want to find Jenova. To me, they’re there so they can somehow get Sephiroth back from the grave and into the screen for a bit so you can the epic battle. I guess this is where the movie shine.

The fighting scene in this movie is great to the tell the truth and still look good since the last time I watch this movie 10 years ago. The only minor gripe is maybe the 1st time Cloud fight the three men. For some reason, the quick change scene in the battle make it hard to see what is happening. That is the only gripe I have as the rest look good to watch. Hell, the big battle with Sephiroth vs Cloud might be enough for quite a few people to go watch this movie only as it’s really good to watch. Suck that it isn’t as long as I hope for.

Another strength I see in this movie is the animation. After 10 years, it still look great to look at (mostly on the character animation). As for the background animation, it still look good but you start to notice a big aging design here and there in the movie which isn’t something you will notice unless you’re trying to find it. Very eye candy I would say.

For the music side, it sound great to hear and match quite well in the scene when it’s playing. Make the mood of the scene even more powerful. Also, they do bring back the famous music in Final Fantasy 7 game and remix it and work quite well. Hell, the famous music that is play when Sephiroth is fighting with Cloud near the end make the mood of the scene more great to watch. Even outside the movie, the soundtrack is great to listen to.

Overall, I like the movie. It’s like those popcorn flick movie. Tons of action in the movie but need to leave your brain outside as anything they try to tell you in the story will most likely bounce away from your brain. If you’re fan of the game, I think you will like it more mostly for the fight scene and seeing all the people you like in the game come back one more time. If you’re not, I guess it’s still fun to watch but don’t expect too much in the storyline department. I did heard another version of the movie Advent Children Complete try to fix some of the issue I have in this movie. I guess it might be better to watch that for a slight better explanation of the story but as of now, I will be going to my next anime in my collection.

tumblr_li8d1gTmpK1qepugpo1_500.gif

Actually they did explain that Geostigma was due to the lifestream getting infected with Jenova's cells, which caused people in contact to get sick. Also I didn't mind that the other characters didn't get developed because the focus was very much on Cloud. Overall though, yeah the plot is obtuse as heck, I still don't understand what went on in the movie, and it's only worth it for the fights.

SephLuis

Just watched Shokugeki no Soma 23. Good episode and too bad it's ending next week.

This episode also returned to almost full hentai status. It has been quite a while that the anime didn't used that (doesn't need it either)

Classroom Crisis - 11

The face of evi....wait...a regular CEO?

All that shit and build up and it turns out big bro isn't some big bad evil villian having people killed and shit. Nope, he was literally just being a regular CEO the whole time and looking out for his employees and shareholders and is not this evil villain Nagisa has built up in his head. In fact everything Nagisa's big bro has said is actually reasonable and not really evil at all now its just a "well I don't think he cares about the customers enough so fuck him" story. Even better he doesn't actually even give a shit about Nagisa's fucked up past and just wants him to help the company make more money.

lol at that ending scene though, totally saw that coming.

Having seen the reactions to Classroom Crisis and Charlotte, I can say I made the right choice not to watch them, and assume my gut instincts were right.

Cold heartless cynicism wins again guys, as it should.

*goes back to being bitter and alone*

Broank

PRISON SCHOOL OH SHIT HERE WE GO. NEXT EPISODE IT BEGINS.

Praying for a second season so we can see the underground student council backstory and the official student council and best girl Mari and all that great stuff.

Cornbread78

Classroom Crisis - 11
All that shit and build up and it turns out big bro isn't some big bad evil villian having people killed and shit. Nope, he was literally just being a regular CEO the whole time and looking out for his employees and shareholders and is not this evil villain Nagisa has built up in his head. In fact everything Nagisa's big bro has said is actually reasonable and not really evil at all now its just a "well I don't think he cares about the customers enough so fuck him" story. Even better he doesn't actually even give a shit about Nagisa's fucked up past and just wants him to help the company make more money.

It almost feels like this is what we would get if Tom Clancy wrote an anime script.

Phatmac

Having seen the reactions to Classroom Crisis and Charlotte, I can say I made the right choice not to watch them, and assume my gut instincts were right.

Charlotte has been interesting for these past two weeks so there's that. Maeda's wild ride should be interesting.

SephLuis

Reading a few words of the reactions to Classroom Crisis 11, I thought it would be a bad episode. Glad it didn't turned out that way.

This anime is my dark horse of this season. Had to expectations whatsoever.

Charlotte has been interesting for these past two weeks so there's that. Maeda's wild ride should be interesting.

Honestly, Charlotte jumped the shark to me in these past few weeks. Still like it, but not as much as before.

Shokugeki no Soma 23

I am very sad that this is ending at the next episode. The way the preview for episode 24 said it, it made it sound like this is all they are doing. Which would make me very, very sad. I would not mind seeing JC Staff stick with this show as their "main" anime for a while. It's an absolute pleasure to watch. I really hope they consider continuing with the show as it would not only do well in sales for them (I would think), but it would be great to see fans get attached and get more of the show.

Anyways, this episode was amazing. Like every other episode. Unfortunately, at this point, you know who is not going to make it and who will make it.
Sorry girls.

Hopefully the week off is just them preparing something to say they plan on continue the series, but I won't hold my breath. Just like with most anime they won't finish the show and it will leave me wanting. :/

JulianImp

Classroom Crisis - 11

Just caught up on this show, and yeah... the latest episode had plot twists up the wazoo, which wasn't that much of a good thing. It's still interesting how the show depicts political intrigues not as a black-and-white thing, but how you can't argue with the results said intrigues have even if they might be morally reprehensible. The current CEO basically turning Nagisa's whole gambit around in a single stroke was okay, but the love subplot was somewhat annoying. Guess we might see Iris do something awesome next episode... the alternative is that reality might ensue and things just go down the drain, but I don't think that's a likely scenario at all given how anime as a medium tends to favor good endings.

Cornbread78

Reading a few words of the reactions to Classroom Crisis 11, I thought it would be a bad episode. Glad it didn't turned out that way.

This anime is my dark horse of this season. Had to expectations whatsoever.

Honestly, Charlotte jumped the shark to me in these past few weeks. Still like it, but not as much as before.

True, nobody had any expectations for Classroom Crisis at the start, but it hasn't been very strong, imo. Then, we get a decent episode that makes sense and you get that ending.. Talk about out of left field. Are Iris and Nagisa going to switch back now?

Just caught up on this show, and yeah... the latest episode had plot twists up the wazoo, which wasn't that much of a good thing. It's still interesting how the show depicts political intrigues not as a black-and-white thing, but how you can't argue with the results said intrigues have even if they might be morally reprehensible. The current CEO basically turning Nagisa's whole gambit around in a single stroke was okay, but the love subplot was somewhat annoying. Guess we might see Iris do something awesome next episode... the alternative is that reality might ensue and things just go down the drain, but I don't think that's a likely scenario at all given how anime as a medium tends to favor good endings.

Not sure where they are going to go with soany plot holes left. The manga just started at the same time as the anime, so we may get a complete open ending also, with nothing decided.

Not sure where they are going to go with soany plot holes left. The manga just started at the same time as the anime, so we may get a complete open ending also, with nothing decided.

I'm not sure why you are factoring in a cross-promotional manga into this. There's no reason to expect the anime to be anything other than the series ending.

Cornbread78

I'm not sure why you are factoring in a cross-promotional manga into this. There's no reason to expect the anime to be anything other than the series ending.

Wait, I'm truly not sure if you are being serious here.

If we go by Wiki, there is 13 episodes (no max listed in MAL) and they just started a new arc on ep.11. They are either going to shove way to many plot points into those two episodes, or, they are just going to give it a general non-ending ending and continue the story in print form. (IMO, of course)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classroom_Crisis

Wait, I'm truly not sure if you are being serious here.

If we go by Wiki, there is 13 episodes (no max listed in MAL) and they just started a new arc on ep.11. They are either going to shove way to many plot points into those two episodes, or, they are just going to give it a general non-ending ending and continue the story in print form. (IMO, of course)

They'll get to an ending, the manga is just a promotion for the anime series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom