• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classroom Crisis 10-11

rEFbEhS.jpg

That Nagisa and Iris twist.

I realized I missed last week's episode because I was too busy playing MGSV. I miss the earlier episodes of this where they were just building rockets and trying not to get fired, and not all this humdrum political maneuvering.

Phatmac

It's a shame this show filled with loli smut has one if my favorite characters Caren be a main lead this episode. This probably the closet we're getting to Fate/HA right? ;__; Nothing much to say besides meaningless plot dumps about info the viewer probably knows considering the grail wars have been explained already. Also the scene with the cavern under the mountain hyped me up for the Heaven's Feel movie. The after credit scene was pretty funny. More Caren please.

jonjonaug

No, but isn't it the other way around; the anime is always to promote the manga/LN...
It's late, lol.

Not always the case. Particularly with projects where a manga and anime start up at around the same time, the manga is usually to promote the anime (and also make some extra money).

Classroom Crisis 11

3PqswLLl.jpg

Me when watching this episode

dwdJ4bNl.jpg

Me when Nagisa got punched in the face and
fucking stabbed in the back

Was kinda hoping that Iris went full on yandere, I'll take what I can get though.

Still don't care about anything else though, if they don't want to build weapons why don't they just resign? Nagisa (or watever his name is at this point in time) is probably smart enough to start a small venture for himself right?

I hope that ninja-secretary doesn't do anything next episode, let's all pray.

Haibane Renmei 2

That dressing scene made me realize, all the girls in this show dress very conservatively, and mostly traditionally feminine clothing. There's practically no skin shown, unless you count their arms and their lower legs. Still, so far, things don't seem particularly oppressive or dreary. The kids seem happy enough. Weird that there doesn't seem to be any adolescent boys though, despite there being children who are boys.

The color palette of this show is interesting. All the colors give the impression of a overcast fall day. There's nothing that necessarily stands out in terms of color, but it doesn't feel washed out either.

Use things that humans no longer need huh? Only wear used clothes too? No money either!? Oh, and humans apparently do exist in this town. Used clothing shop guy seems nice enough.

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition! And you can't leave the city, and the only people who can are walking around with the freaky masks? Okay, yeah, this place is sketchy as hell.

Mailbox

Note to self, never let Cornbread persuade you to join Anime Lets watch.

I should have just Binged this back when I had the chance, honestly. Waiting and seeing people's reactions wasn't a good idea for me when it came to this anime.

Anywho, I'll just get to my final impressions.
I feel like a lot of people don't quite get past the title and base level story of this show. This show isn't about god abandoning the world, its about people getting what they wished for and a look into whether or not that is in fact a good thing, or a bad thing.

That said, the show has 3 big problems.
First, there is the fact that each arc acts like it's a short-film. In fact, this would have been better if it was a set of short-films. Each arc is 3 episodes (with exclusion of the middle fluff, but i'll get to that). This causes each story to be concise, if flawed in execution. That would have word well enough for a short-film, but in a 1-cour tv series, that causes character development problems (mostly in how its paced) and a lot of plothole problems (especially later in the series with some subtle, if non substantial nods to the outside world (see the reference to a still standing government in episode 7(i think)) even though that info never matters and only serves to confuse the viewer more))

Second, Inter character dialogue and interactions are fucking weird in this show, specifically with Ai. With maybe the exception of the last episodes, she never reacts properly to anything. She warms up to Humpty far too easily being the biggest offender.
This also comes together with the first problem with characters like Scar
who basically starts turning human, abandons her baby out of fear and worry, and comes back after accepting to not being a gravekeeper anymore.
This spoilerific plot of episode 9 is actually terribly done. Its far too rushed and far too sudden. Personally I feel like they could have done that part much better if they didn't leave it for a 1 episode affair, but instead had it combined with the previous arc (whose ending and leaps in fundamental logic are horrid to say the least.)

The third is the ending.

I mean, It ends, but its a damn succession of asspulls, and I'm not even sure you could consider that a happy ending. It just doesn't make sense and leaves way too many plotholes and creates too many questions.

ANYWHO, lets put that aside for now and let me say my final 2 cents on this show. (And Cornbread will hate me for saying this but whatever):

This show, is like SAO. Interesting premise, some good stuff interspaced there, but the overall execution is just bad.

But unlike SAO, this show's problems are probably the easiest to spot and yet the least offensive I've seen. What I mean by this is, if you are watching this show I really don't think it will piss you off or even bore you. Its just has very visible core flaws, and this may be the first anime where I can say with with some confidence.

I'm not gonna say i didn't enjoy my time with this one. I did for the most part. I just didn't use its sub-medium of TV anime correctly.

This is the perfect anime to watch if you want to start becoming more critical or want to start reviewing anime, i think. It's like a piece-meal of good and bad where you can see exactly what's what.

Would I recommend this to the general public. Considering how tightly packed the story's are, and if you can ignore some really weird intercharacter interaction and dialogue I would recommend giving at least the first 2 arcs a go, with maybe the last arc if you really wanna watch more after that. Skip the middle stuff, its fluff and not really important aside from the introduction of a few characters.

You could do a lot worse I guess is what I'm saying by that last part.

ibyea

Banned
So finished the Greed Island arc. I didn't like it as much as the previous arc, but it was still pretty great. One of the things this show does great is that the heroes put a lot of thought into their battle plans, and they are pretty clever, often times overcoming overwhelmingly powerful opponents which they couldn't have done so with brute force.

Also, Gon's father Ging is an asshole. Everyone talks about how he is the most perfect awesomest guy ever, but every time I see him in action via flashbacks or the fact that he planned everything bullshit Aizen style, I want to punch this guy's face. Gon should just stop looking, he is a failure of a father and human being.

Mailbox

So finished the Greed Island arc. I didn't like it as much as the previous arc, but it was still pretty great. One of the things this show does great is that the heroes put a lot of thought into their battle plans, and they are pretty clever, often times overcoming overwhelmingly powerful opponents which they couldn't have done so with brute force.

Also, Gon's father Ging is an asshole. Everyone talks about how he is the most perfect awesomest guy ever, but every time I see him in action via flashbacks or the fact that he planned everything bullshit Aizen style, I want to punch this guy's face. Gon should just stop looking, he is a failure of a father and human being.

Oh, Ging is much worse than you think he is.
Just below Gendo for anime-father shittery imo

school live 7-10

o fuk

Yep.
though episode 9 never needed to happen.

Mailbox

D: That is quiet an accomplishment.

Well, to be fair....

Actually I won't spoil since it's about the very last arc.

Btw, if you and your bro actually get into the Chimera ant arc, I hope you guys really like it.

Its wonderfully written imo.

Firemind

Prison School #10

That is the most intense speech I've ever heard of a man talking about buttocks. So passionate yet so wrong. #teamchest

Meanwhile in Dragon Ball Super, they're holding hands for an entire episode. :lol

Cornbread78

Note to self, never let Cornbread persuade you to join Anime Lets watch.

I should have just Binged this back when I had the chance, honestly. Waiting and seeing people's reactions wasn't a good idea for me when it came to this anime.

Lol, sorry man. I prefer binging/marathoning as well, but the community watches are fun as well. Are you jumping in on Samurai Flamenco?

Razmos

Symphogear GX episode 11: Finale hype!
I was expecting some batshit insane twist but I was disappointed.

...until the after credits scene. Did anyone watch that? because urhhhhhhhh, I'm confused.
and If one characters comes back from the dead through the power of Alchemy... I do believe it's time for a Kanade Komeback

John Blade

Watching His and Her Circumstances and now on episode 6 and man...the manga animation slideshow feel a bit odd and the different style of animation throw me off a bit (old hand drawn to new animation style which is draw and scan on computer). Still, liking the show as of now and surprise how fast I can watch this show quickly.

javac

The Death Note upscale is being done by Subatomic Digital, Inc., the same people who did the Sailor Moon upscale and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet.

Anyone else semi-hype for Concrete Revolutio? I mean, I have no concrete (ohohoh) reason to think if it's going to be good or not but hey, if this doesn't look absolutely fabulous I don't even know anymore.

D5k1QsL.jpg

Just look at this fabulous haircut!

Show description
The stage is set in “another Japan” as a banquet of diverse superhumans unfolds…

In an imaginary "age of gods" about 20 years after the war, Japan has grown and developed by leaps and bounds. What if all the superhumans ever written about in fictional stories existed at the same time? Superhumans who came into existence through different circumstances, and who are special in different ways -- Titans from outer space, lifeforms from a mystical world, phantoms and goblins from ancient times, cyborgs created by scientists, relics that rose out of the ruins of ancient civilizations, and the list goes on. One segment of these superhumans makes no secret of their existence and has gained popularity in society. Others cloak their identities and fight in secrecy.

There are enemies of superhumans as well, organizations that operate in the shadows.

The Japanese government has taken many measures to secure peace and order.

One is the establishment of an organization under the Ministry of Health and Welfare -- the Overpopulation Research Laboratory, a.k.a. the Superhuman Bureau.

Their mission is to identify and approach suerhumans, then oversee and safeguard them. One member of the Superhuman Bureau, Jiro Hitoyoshi, is protagonist of this series.

- PV01
- PV02 (I think) <---- it's hype though
- MAL page

Looks like it's over the top and oozing with style, I'm stoked!

Animation studios aren't my strong suit but this one is made by Bones, not super familliar with all that stuff but they made Akagami and that looks pretty so it's probably going to be alright.

Anyone here who read the manga and wants to crush my dreams by saying it's shit?

-----------------------

Pfffft, just looking at those fall charts and everything looks interesting, the curse of having shit taste I guess.

------------------

Oh, super Off-topic but I was watching some PV's and stumbled upon that tight Hibike! Euphonium PV2

This one

I'm in love once again.

Classroom Crisis 10-11

I realized I missed last week's episode because I was too busy playing MGSV. I miss the earlier episodes of this where they were just building rockets and trying not to get fired, and not all this humdrum political maneuvering.

You remind me that Classroom Crisis plot is kinda like MGSV's lol.

They just haven't stuck up all the episode numbers on that story page yet. The 2-cour length comes from the original announcement of the show:

&#12304;&#30906;&#23450;&#12305;&#21046;&#20316;&#12508;&#12531;&#12474;&#12289;&#30435;&#30563;&#27700;&#23798;&#21162;&#12398;&#26032;&#20316;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#12302;&#12467;&#12531;&#12463;&#12522;&#12540;&#12488;&#12539;&#12524;&#12508;&#12523;&#12486;&#12451;&#12458; &#36229;&#20154;&#24187;&#24819;&#12303;10&#26376;&#12424;&#12426;2&#12463;&#12540;&#12523;&#12391;&#25918;&#36865;&#38283;&#22987;&#65281;&#12288;&#12414;&#12373;&#12363;&#12398;&#12498;&#12540;&#12525;&#12540;&#12418;&#12398;&#65367;

javac

Unboxing:
Sword Art Online II - Part 1 of 4 - Limited Collector's Edition
Release Date: 21st September 2015
Audio: English / Japanese
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 175 min
Format:
BD (£24.99) @ Amazon.UK
BD (£23.99): Zavvi
Contains:
  • Rigid case
  • Digipack (1 x DVD and 1 x Blu-ray)
  • 52 page booklet
  • (While stock lasts) Box to store all 4 volumes
Disc content:
  • Episodes 1-7 of the series with both the English language dub and original Japanese audio with subtitles.
  • Textless Opening title sequence: Phantom Bullet
  • Special Animation “Sword Art Offline II” [Blu-ray disc exclusive extra]
  • Original Web Previews [Blu-ray disc exclusive extra]
Pictures:
Box:
6IXA38f.jpg

The front side of the box with the plastic wrap on. The box has printed with mirror board to give a shiny effect. The black bar is part of a sticker going around the plastic wrap.

JTVM9kX.jpg

Front of the box without the plastic wrap.

JfVJEXB.jpg

The spine of the box.

XHiQXj7.jpg

The back of the box.

jRWxIWE.jpg

The open side of the box.

pSLzmfy.jpg

The top and bottom of the box.

Digipack:

Book:

I googled Aikawa and got thick asians and waifus

Is it the director or something, is it going to be good?

Jarmel is referring to Shou Aikawa, the main writer for Concrete Revolutio. Jarmel and others are worried because he is an iffy writer, but then there are no reliable anime writers, so whatever.

Jarmel is referring to Shou Aikawa, the main writer for Concrete Revolutio. Jarmel and others are worried because he is an iffy writer, but then there are no reliable anime writers, so whatever.

I looked some stuff up on MAL and apparently there's a manga that came out a month ago. Couldn't people look at that and decide whether or not the writing is any good?

Also, I saw a magical girl and a transformer in those PV's, I wouldn't really say that I'm going to watch this for the writing, I'm in it for the hype.

javac

A lot of people seem to hate rotoscoping, I think that it can look great. Of course this is in lieu of the upcoming horror series which is rotoscoped. Also while I'm here, lol at the Forbes contributor 'article' about Nolan working on an adaptation of Akira. Don't know why people take them seriously.

blurr

Comic Con happened in my city (i.e. Hyderabad, India) so to my surprise I got to see Monogatari merchandise :D

The store guy was Japanese, was going back and forth between Japanese and English so spoke for a while, got some speaking practice and it turns out that he is also a Monogatari fan.

Unfortunately, he was the only one who recognized my Suzumiya Haruhi tee as well.

duckroll

The 2 cour is just words from yaraon and we never know is it official or not.
Maybe we will know when BD volumes uploaded to amazon at later time.

There is absolutely no question that the show is 2-cours. It's always funny when people get worked up over placeholder listings on the official sites or the schedules on Syoboi. :p

Better to say "for now" than "for good". It's highly likely that the anime will see a continuation down the line.

Yeah. What I quickly searched new volume of manga used to sell about 300k a month before anime started to air and now the latest volume sold about 450k last month. I think the boost justifies new season.

A lot of people seem to hate rotoscoping, I think that it can look great. Of course this is in lieu of the upcoming horror series which is rotoscoped.

I'm interested in Kowabon, I hope that the rotoscoping will actually add to the show, if it's just going to look awkward or uncanny I could maybe wonder why they bothered to make it an anime in the first place, I'll have to see for myself though.

Secondly, it's just going to be five minutes per episode, I hope that the short length doesn't hinder the show in being immersive.

Still, one way or another, it's definitely a show that's going to be interesting since it tries to do some unique things.

Juuuuuuuuun Maedaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Huh, Charlotte hasn't aired yet right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom