• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I'm interested in Kowabon, I hope that the rotoscoping will actually add to the show, if it's just going to look awkward or uncanny I could maybe wonder why they bothered to make it an anime in the first place, I'll have to see for myself though.

Secondly, it's just going to be five minutes per episode, I hope that the short length doesn't hinder the show in being immersive.

Still, one way or another, it's definitely a show that's going to be interesting since it tries to do some unique things.

Didn't realize that it was a shorter series, I think that could work for a horror, at least my mind goes into positive places when I hear that. I guess in the end it depends how they go about it structurally speaking.

GATE Episode 11

I live for Rory moments, shes the type of character we need more in anime.

Also fire dragon is epic, cant wait to see it get destroyed by the mighty power of man. I wish our political leaders could watch this and realize that strengthening the military is needed in the world of today not weak sitting on the sidelines overuse of "smart power" like drones.

RedSwirl

Which Fate anime are the ones with the really good animation again? I haven't seen any of them but Zero and Unlimited Blade Works are on Netflix.

phaze

Which Fate anime are the ones with the really good animation again? I haven't seen any of them but Zero and Unlimited Blade Works are on Netflix.

It's those two, assuming the UBW they have is the recent TV series and not an old movie. Start with Zero.

Durarara!! X2 The Second Arc Episode 22 – Blessed are the Foolish
COt-bSVW8AAbZHD.png

Stop the narrator for Kida is the best. I hope his Dollars destruction plan works cause Mikado needs to be stopped at all cost (or at least have Aoba also destroy the Dollars too).

What does Izaya even have to investigate about Mikado, he knows so much about him already.

Phatmac

Watch Zero and if you want more go to Unlimited. Don't expect the same quality but it's still a decent show.

jonjonaug

Fate/Zero's the really good one. Watch UBW if you absolutely must have more, or Prisma Illya if you're a pedophile.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I have a stupid question I'm probably going to regret asking but are "trap music" and anime "trap culture" related?

EDIT: is like the music like a soundtrack to cross-dress on?

Charlotte Episode 11 – Charlotte

the antagonists ought to have chose a smarter location than the factor and also why would they stand on such a narrow pathway like that knowing the abilities he has. Only smart thing was ruining the eye. Only way to save the situation is if there is a healer ability user

Phatmac

Maeda's wild ride continues unabated with terrible Engrish bad guys and the explanation for why the show is called Charlotte which I guessed right on here.
having it called because of a comet that landed here and spread the powers around is a decent explanation but it feels a bit detached from the show.
The show continue to have awful pacing with useless jokes that haven't really helped the show in any way. It still had crazy moments with
Yu losing his left eye and Pooh dying to save Nao. These moments were done well but I just can't take these clichéd bad guys seriously.
I wonder what's left for next week as an appropriate end. I'm all in for Maeda's crazy end for this show.

Ascheroth

Durarara x2 - 22

This felt like a calm before the storm episode. With the exception of what happened to Kadota. Poor guy. Btw, do we no the guy who
ran him over
?
But Shizuo is angry now. This will not end quitely.
Mikado still being crazy and Izaya still acting shady as always.

jonjonaug

I have a stupid question I'm probably going to regret asking but are "trap music" and anime "trap culture" related?

EDIT: is like the music like a soundtrack to cross-dress on?

No, the word "trap" is just how "otokonoko" is localized. This has been recognized as offensive to some extent, so you see it less in more recent fan translations.

Maeda's wild ride continues unabated with terrible Engrish bad guys and the explanation for why the show is called Charlotte which I guessed right on here.
having it called because of a comet that landed here and spread the powers around is a decent explanation but it feels a bit detached from the show.
The show continue to have awful pacing with useless jokes that haven't really helped the show in any way. It still had crazy moments with
Yu losing his left eye and Pooh dying to save Nao. These moments were done well but I just can't take these clichéd bad guys seriously.
I wonder what's left for next week as an appropriate end. I'm all in for Maeda's crazy end for this show.

the comet didnt land, it comes around every 75yrs

Qurupeke

Charlotte 11

Pooh best guy for saving Nao. Hmm, to be honest, I expected more continuous final episodes. The story with those guys is apparently finished. We still haven't seen what the big Karate guy is doing, and the stabbing girl seems to be alive, but other than them, the apparent brains of the organization are out.

I'm still not sure what will follow. I don't want to see more scientists/terrorists hunting them. Also, we got our explanation of Charlotte, there are no unfinished business any more, other than the Nao-Yuu thing and the truth behind ZHIEND's singer(if there's any, of course). Also, I hope they won't make the big brother evil. He seemed somewhat pushy, attempting to protect Yuu, and Pooh's death can certainly make things bad. It would be a "nice" follow-up but I think I'd prefer a boring, good ending over that.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
No, the word "trap" is just how "otokonoko" is localized. This has been recognized as offensive to some extent, so you see it less in more recent fan translations.

I assumed you meant in reference to "anime culture" but nevertheless, your explanation was illuminating. The whole dress like a boy/girl to trick the reader idea has always seamed strange to me because it always seemed like a forced implication from the reader's perspective that somehow this fictional being broke the fourth wall simply to undermine the reader's sexual preference. Its easy to see the delusional aspect there however I never knew it was something that only happened after localization of the work. I've seen it go as far as being a category if not a popular search tag in most major sites that aggregate anime news and information.

It's sad though that it isn't related to trap music. I would have loved to dive into the rabbit hole of the historical background that tied the two.

Charlotte 11
I suppose when you create a stupidly overpowered character you need to pile up contrivances and make everyone act brain-dead to create this sort of conflict.

Charlotte 11

Holy shit! That was an awesome episode.

I was wondering when they would have
Yuu try to use his plundered abilities and this episode he went for it. Collapsing that building was risky but was his only real choice in attempting to save everyone. I thought that one guys English was actually pretty good. Not as bad as some are trying to make it out to be. Was really sad too see "Pooh" die. For a second I thought Tomori was also impaled. It was a pretty sad moment.
Not sure if this ends next week or if they're planning a 13th episode to wrap it up but regardless this episode was a great episode.

Feltrol

Banned
Charlotte 11

So, many things happened....

RIP Pooh. Is he going to the world of Angel Beats now?

2 episodes to go. Still hoping we get Yuu and Nao together by the end.

kewlmyc

Charlotte 11

Well, things can't get 101% fucked, so it has to be nothing but up from here right?
So the Time Leap power is already gone. I guess they had to find someway to get rid of such an overpowered ability. The origin of "Charlotte" is also kinda disappointing, but at least parts of the OP make sense now. I wonder if the terrorist group is truely done now. Seems pretty weak to introduce a big opposing faction only to "defeat" them the same episode they were introduced.

Still looking forward to next week though.

Phatmac

Let's pray for Kyohei's well being after that hit and run. This episode is building up for another Yellow Scarves v Dollars war which should be exciting. Not much else happened this episode but it looks like war is coming next episode.

Durarara X2 22

Yet another buildup episode where nothing major happens until near the end of the episode. Another Yellow Scarves Vs. Dollars war seems to be on the horizon and Kadota likely won't be contributing much
since he was the victim of a hit and run

I do look forward to seeing Shizuo loss his shit on the guy who
ran Kadota over. That will be amazing to see.

Working 11

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K Y O U K O
Y
O
U
K
O

Number 1 wingman

-------------------------
Oh my god the scene in the house, so sweet.
This episode is so based, perfection. I've waited 37 episodes for this and it delivered.

Gvitor

Trying to update my MAL but I suck so much at remembering all the stuff I watched. =( I'm having to go through the TOP anime list, but I'll sure miss some obscure stuff I've seen.

Ascheroth

Charlotte - 11

Maedaaaaaaaaa!

Didn't really feel the first half, but at least we got an explanation for the name of the show there (which many already called weeks ago).
Second half was pretty entertaining if you don't think too deeply about it.
Of course the best possible action is for Yuu to go in there alone, because it's not like the enemies know about his abilities. Ok, thinking about it, that depends how much Yuu told them about his plundered abilities, but they knew of the time-leap ability. They should habe expected them to have some measures to prevent it and think of a different plan then 'just time-leap'. Sigh.
Really not sure what's going to happen next.

SephLuis

Charlotte - 11

Maedaaaaaaaaa!

Didn't really feel the first half, but at least we got an explanation for the name of the show there (which many already called weeks ago).
Second half was pretty entertaining if you don't think too deeply about it.
Of course the best possible action is for Yuu to go in there alone, because it's not like the enemies know about his abilities. Ok, thinking about it, that depends how much Yuu told them about his plundered abilities, but they knew of the time-leap ability. They should habe expected them to have some measures to prevent it and think of a different plan then 'just time-leap'. Sigh.
Really not sure what's going to happen next.

Just saw it and for a organization, that was a pretty dumb move.

Even when
Pooh got captured, it was stupid of him, not letting anyone know so that they could prepare. The same applies for Yu. He just got attacked by the girl and he uses his psycho powers on the unnarmed people ? Those are the little things that bother me.

Gbraga

You know what would work perfectly as a short anime? Fuan no Tane. It would be sooooooo good.

Especially if it included stories from Fuan no Tane, Fuan no Tane + and Kouishou Radio.

Better to say "for now" than "for good". It's highly likely that the anime will see a continuation down the line.

Oh, that's good! :)

The series is much better in its manga format. A break should hopefully push people to seek that out.

But fura fura :C

I actually started with the series by reading the manga, but it would be nice to still have the anime.

Ascheroth

Just saw it and for a organization, that was a pretty dumb move.

Even when
Pooh got captured, it was stupid of him, not letting anyone know so that they could prepare. The same applies for Yu. He just got attacked by the girl and he uses his psycho powers on the unnarmed people ? Those are the little things that bother me.

Yep, I'm not really fond of "we need some more drama, so let's have everyone act stupid for a while!"-moments, but whatever. I doesn't bother me that much in this case, since the show doesn't register as something to be taken seriously in my mind anyway.

Qurupeke

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 10

Every Gatchaman is back on action.The final battle is getting close. I doubt Kuu-sama is going to be dragged for much more. It's apparent we're ready for the final boss now and it seems that Rizumu will finally take this place. With 3 episode remaining, it seems quite a lot can still happen. I guess CROWDS will return and we'll have a Rui-Rizumu final confrontation about their ideals. I still hope Berg Katze will do something though.

Rokka no Yuusha 11

Even it's a low budget show, Passione still tried as hard as they can for the action scene, i appreciate that and it's pretty good.

Now for "who is 7th", i guess even non-LN readers also 90%+ sure who is right, though officially reveal will be last episode, so LN-readers remember don't say it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom