• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Working Season 3 11

Might be my show of the season. I'm getting answers to all the things I wondered about and hopefully the last episode will give me what I want
Inami X Souta

Charlotte 11

So the world's most broken superpowered individual gets
defeated by a kid with a knife and then fuck the police collapses the whole place
. If you're gonna make somebody OP as shit at least make it interesting. Also why the fuck didn't he just
make the two old guys jump off the platform at the last second
. Boom done.

jonjonaug

Prisma Illya has best Gilgamesh and best girl Caren so watch what you say.

I can watch Fate/Zero for best Gilgamesh (seductive fashionable/naked Gil>shota Gil) and Carnival Phantasm for best Caren and have 100% less fanservice involving young children in my anime as a result.

Working!!! 11

iWiyRVS.jpg

MOTHER OF GOD

iU9BCmw.jpg

YES.

this ship has sailed and everybody is on board. Congrats Satou.
I can die happy now.

kewlmyc

Rokka 11

Finally, the truth about the trap is revealed. Can't wait to see what you guys think about it.

I forget. Did they ever mention anything previously about the Saint of the Sun in the anime? I'm think they might have, but I can't remember.

Before the final episode airs next week, who do you think the 7th is now?

Rokka 11

Finally, the truth about the trap is revealed. Can't wait to see what you guys think about it.

I forget. Did they ever mention anything previously about the Saint of the Sun in the anime? I'm think they might have, but I can't remember.

multiple times they mentioned she went missing, presumably at first killed by the brave-killer, but Fremie denied it for that specific case. Unless you meant the exact nature of her power

phaze

So Rokka is finishing in a week and still hasn't jumped the shark ? I guess I'll give it a shot.

Mushishi 17

I think the most important thing to take away from this episode is that Ginko is friggin immortal. Like ~ 10 years have passed and he hasn't aged a day.

Mushishi 18

With the happy ending coming at the 17th minute mark already, I started dreading what is it that was yet to come. Unnecessarily as it turned out, phew. Fairly simple story but still quite powerful thanks to the usual Mushishi strengths and the weird and mysterious beginning that threw me for a loop for a while. There was also a sublime piece of OST in the middle that I will have to track down now.

Rokka the Casbah 11

In this episode we have Adlet (pictured below)
yMJuXBU.png

Figure everything out. He also displayed the single most badass move ever when he
kicked the ever living shit out of the face
of Nachetanya.

As to the explanation it's nice, but we still don't know the most important part. At least
doubts about his being the 7th are gone and nobody suspects him anymore. Also his waifu
was all over him this episode too. Good day to be Adlet.

So yeah. After next week this show will have its place among the best shows this season. Guaranteed. Though that cliffhanger was Attack on Titan's level of annoying.

kewlmyc

Working!!! 11

How many episodes is this, 12 or 13? Now that Satou and Yachiro have hooked up, they better not end this series with just a normal girl episode. I want the Inami and Takanashi resolution.

Ascheroth

Rokka - 11

Still so freaking good.
Man, Adlet is a damn great protagonist. Him
face-kicking Nashetanya after blocking a needle by letting it pierce through his hands and shutting up Maura for good
were soooo satisfying.
He also revealed the solution to the mystery and I probably would have never guessed it even though looking back the clues were all in your face.
This and Soma are my personal best shows this season.

Rokka no Yuusha - 11

KFPbeUi.jpg

Pretty satisfying episode. Of course they just had to stop right before he said it! Though if you recall a certain scene I don't think it's too hard to imagine who it could be.
Bunny girl "snapping" in ep 4, taking the weapon from Adlet and "trying to release" the barrier
This show has that effect on me where it feels like time just flies by.

So ships are sailing in Working, traitors are being revealed in Rokka, and I'm just sitting here wondering how busted looking tomorrow's episode of Gangsta is gonna be...

Sterok

Charlotte 11

First half tied up the exposition and whatnot for the show. Everyone was stupid in the second half.
Pooh should've warned someone, Yu should've time leaped the moment things weren't going his way, Shunsuke didn't have a plan other than hoping Yu didn't screw up, and the bad guys had to hope Yu wouldn't screw them over with an OP ability they don't know he has. Though I suppose this is beyond taking seriously now.

Shimoneta 11

Rivals team up to take down a greater threat. Saotome proves the might of 2D. Kosuri still sucks. Decent overall for this show.

Nachetanya, her weird freakout in the temple a while back had to be intentional, Maura (my second suspect) lost a lot of heat just because she was already the "villain" of these previous episodes.

Charlotte 11:

This show has such a weird pace. You have half of the season episodes where pretty much nothing happens (like monster of the week episodes) and then just a one episode where shit hits the fan and they are pulling antagonists and plot twists from their ass. Eh. Would have not needed even second cour but just a far better pacing.

Rokka 11:

Still my surprise show of the season. Started kinda slow and boring and it seemed like this will be one of those nothing great nothing bad shows of the season but latter half has been absolutely brilliant. Damn that cliffhanger.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 10:

Well then, this was certainly the episode of obvious and annoying speeches but at least shit is actually happening now.

Steins;Gate 1 [Watchbet]

I am so lost on what is actually going on. So many scene skips that it is hard to keep up. Now, I know there is probably a point for them to construct the episode like this but because of it nothing I think they wanted me to find shocking I found shocking. By the end I was just telling myself "what just happened?"

Squishy3

Steins;Gate 1 [Watchbet]

I am so lost on what is actually going on. So many scene skips that it is hard to keep up. Now, I know there is probably a point for them to construct the episode like this but because of it nothing I think they wanted me to find shocking I found shocking. By the end I was just telling myself "what just happened?"
Steins;Gate drops you in the deep end first episode then it slowly reels it back and everything begins to make sense.

Russ T

Banned
Steins;Gate 1 [Watchbet]

Having just watched the first episode myself, I don't think any of it is intended to be shocking. It's supposed to not quite make sense. At least, that's how it felt to me. I imagine the series will clear things up as it goes on.

Sterok

Aikatsu 150

Kaede never got enough credit. She was the one trying to keep the group together when Ran was still in, and she was one of the few able to take Mizuki off guard. Alas Mizuki was always top dog, and Yurika somehow started dominating as Starlight's second biggest idol at one point. Well, more Kaede and Yurika is always good. Still annoyed that Mizuki got off scotch-free for ditching them, but I guess enough time has passed.

ibyea

Banned
Steins;Gate 1 [Watchbet]

Believe me, by the end everything will be crystal clear.

phaze

I really liked the first ep of S;G. It managed to hook me right of the bat and made the next few episodes less dull then I probably would have found them otherwise.

Need to pen a few words about the ending. That fact that I didn't really gnaws at me.

Gatchaman Crowds Insighto 11

I liked how the Million Show immediately turned his back on Gelsadra after all that propaganda in the first part of this season.

Rui is such a pussy, even his own computer program has more balls than him.

Anyway, the fight "Gatchamen Vs enemies who can't fight back #2164" happened, I liked how they mixed things up by having the oppponents be little monsters instead of giant blue babies, but still, the fights are the worst part of this whole show:

- Costumes look awful, save for Sugane.
- Cgi looks awful
- Most of the Engrish or attack names are cringey
- No supsense
- Same attacks everytime.

Why even bother, if the only redeeming qualities are the music, just show some more anime Facebook, that's what's actually interesting\wwwwwwwwww

Rokka 11
More convoluted truth than I thought. I did find it funny the reasoning was led into by the amazingness of science. The action was nice and dramatic. They are really drawing out the reveal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Charlotte

Why didn't Yu just make those two guys kill themselves

Why didn't Yu have a better plan given all the broken powers he has

Why did they care about Farooki's family

Whyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm jealous of all the people who get to watch Steins;gate for the first time. The first like 5 episodes are random, yes. Just watch the whole thing.

Rokka 11
More convoluted truth than I thought. I did find it funny the reasoning was led into by the amazingness of science. The action was nice and dramatic. They are really drawing out the reveal.

Chief what are you doing?

Sir, the finishing the fight, but the seventh is-

DA DAD AD ADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just got off work. Nothing stops tonight's anime hype train. So many spoiler posts, I'm so tempted to click them all LOL. I must be strong. I will join in the conversation (specially for Rokka) by the end of today.

Steins;Gate 2 [Watchbet]

snapshot20110501025237.png

I don't believe you.
maxresdefault.jpg

Easily the most likable character so far

Well... This episode was a little more coherent. So, you know, that was nice. But still kinda lost. Based on the responses so far I guess I am supposed to not really "get it" quite yet. Ballsy move show. The inserted humor was funny but oddly placed. I didn't really see it coming. I am going to dub it a Kyon moment since it was an internal monologue that made it funny. Dunno. Was just kinda weird.

I got more intrigued with this episode but it hasn't really pulled me in. Waiting for it to.

Gvitor

Rokka

Now really, it has to be Goldov. They even made him SPEAK this episode so he doesn't get outed as the seventh without saying one word lol.

John Blade

Not something I say this but His and Her Circumstances show I am watching is making me try to find the manga version and read it. It look like this might be a show I am interested in reading it. Man....look like I am liking more older anime now and want to go back reading the manga for it.

Phatmac

Rokka no Yuusha - 11

KFPbeUi.jpg

Pretty satisfying episode. Of course they just had to stop right before he said it! Though if you recall a certain scene I don't think it's too hard to imagine who it could be.
Bunny girl "snapping" in ep 4, taking the weapon from Adlet and "trying to release" the barrier
This show has that effect on me where it feels like time just flies by.
Lol this is a great picture. Science, bitch!

Not something I say this but His and Her Circumstances show I am watching is making me try to find the manga version and read it. It look like this might be a show I am interested in reading it. Man....look like I am liking more older anime now and want to go back reading the manga for it.

Well much of the anime basically is manga panels.

My understanding is that the Steins;Gate VN is to be preferred over the anime adaptation. Many of my trusted sources tell me the anime is a fairly poor adaptation.

kewlmyc

My understanding is that the Steins;Gate VN is to be preferred over the anime adaptation. Many of my trusted sources tell me the anime is a fairly poor adaptation.

Odd, I've been told the Steins;Gate adaption is one of the few good VN adaptions that just watching the anime is a good alternative to playing it.

Phatmac

The anime is a fine way to experience SG while the VN explores other small routes and alternate choices between the different girls. Both are excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom