• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I've never felt closer to you, names2hard4you, than I do right now. We both know that Cage gifs are the gifs of the future.

Brilliant minds think alike. On the same exact minute too as a matter of fact.

gZ4QhlL.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel bad for Inami because she's probably stuck with Takanashi. He's kind of a huge asshole.

Squishy3

Wait, could we get Nicolas Cage in anime, somehow?

Just imagine it guys....

QosUkZu.gif

I am going to keep using this gif, and you can't stop me.

Fairy Tail 250

Kinda eh episode.

Not much advancement.

Minerva wasn't a character who really should be redeemed.

Nice to see Sting and Rogue though.

Edit: I've never felt closer to you, names2hard4you, than I do right now. We both know that Cage gifs are the gifs of the future.
imagine if every anime dub ever was dubbed by nicolas cage

then nobody could hate english dubs of anime

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I don't understand the concept of idol shows. Never appealed to me really... Closest thing I've enjoyed to it is Cardcaptor Sakura, the true GOAT of magical girl series.

kewlmyc

I don't understand the concept of idol shows. Never appealed to me really... Closest thing I've enjoyed to it is Cardcaptor Sakura, the true GOAT of magical girl series.

Dancing, singing, and cuteness in one package. I can see the appeal if you're into that.

imagine if every anime dub ever was dubbed by nicolas cage

then nobody could hate english dubs of anime

I think I would like Parasyte if Shinichi was voiced by Cage.

hqdefault.jpg

"I don't know Satomi, have you ever been dragged to the sidewalk and beaten till you PISSED... BLOOD!?"

Squishy3

I think I would like Parasyte if Shinichi was voiced by Cage.

hqdefault.jpg

"I don't know Satomi, have you ever been dragged to the sidewalk and beaten till you PISSED... BLOOD!?"
i was thinking more every character was voiced by nicolas cage

like the episode of gintama where they replay all the important scenes from the benizakura arc with every character dubbed by prince hata's voice actor

Idol shows have always been stuff that's always made me shrug my shoulders at when it comes to anime.

Like, they're cute girls doing cute things shows that have an emphasis on singing, dancing, being colourful and fun, etc. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. You can certainly weave a nice little story with likeable characters with those kinds of scenarios. Are they for me? Not really. But I can totally understand how there's an audience for those kind of shows.

Though I can't say I'm all that fond of Love Live. You know why? Because the Sunrise studio that makes Love Live also animated Accel World. I liked Accel World. I'd like to see more of Accel World get adapted.

But, thanks to Love Live being such a monster in the industry, that's probably not going to happen any time soon, what with a new Love Live show in the works. And that doesn't make me happy.

Given that the Love Live movie has finished and Sunshine has yet to have an anime announcement, there's at least a chance of Sunrise Studio 8 doing something in the meantime.

Cornbread78

Honey and Clover ep. 10-12
Ok, so after a 6 month hiatus I decided to give this one another go. I still appreciate the college and adult settings that are involved and I can appreciate the characters a little more than before, so maybe this won't be too bad. Lots of happenings in these three episodes from Shinobu and Yuuta both still loving Hagumi with Yuuta sitting on the sidelines, kinda sad really, but Hagumi loves Shinobu.. Sensei also finally returned, then Shinobu
leaves for L.A without saying anything to anyone.

Typical, H&C craziness.

Sterok

Speaking of idol shows, what's a good one that deals with idols in a more let's say, realistic manner than Aikatsu? Not that Aikatsu's sugary world is bad, but drama is always exciting.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Speaking of idol shows, what's a good one that deals with idols in a more let's say, realistic manner than Aikatsu? Not that Aikatsu's sugary world is bad, but drama is always exciting.

in b4 hosanna reps hollywood shounen or whatever it's called

Shounen Holly-

in b4 hosanna reps hollywood shounen or whatever it's called

I don't even have to do the work anymore.

But really, Shounen Hollywood is an excellent low-key character drama about a group of boys trying to break into the idol industry. The writer of the anime is a novelist and a former idol herself, and her experience shows in the writing. It deals frankly with the difficulties of idol careers - the silly personas you have to create, the shitty TV variety shows you have to slum around on, etc. - as well as what would motivate people to get into the business. The first season features an episode entirely devoted to a play the idol group puts on as their first public performance, as well as an episode devoted to a TV music show that is one of their first musical performances. It's well worth checking out.

Cornbread78

When does the fall season officially kick of? Is someone doing an OT for the new monogatari series? What about Comet Lucifer? Anything else possibly OT worthy?

When does the fall season officially kick of? Is someone doing an OT for the new monogatari series? What about Comet Lucifer? Anything else possibly OT worthy?

One show starts in September, but for the most part most new shows will start in October

As for the big shows, I'd say One Punchman, new Lupin the III series and new Gundam series are the most notable, followed by stuff like Noragami season 2, Haikyuu season 2. There's also the attack on titan spinoff series. I'm personally really looking forward to the new Garo series, since the first was fantastic IMO

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I didn't mean to shame anyone who watches idol shows lol, I don't get the appeal for my own taste but can clearly see that there is an audience out there for it. Other than that, I need some animu in my system.

Cornbread78

This fall is scaring me. At least Gate is continuing, right? Is there a single SoL or Romance series? That rabbit diner one has a second season coming as well, so besides that one..

Please please PLEASE let the Fall thread OT title be:

Fall Anime 2015 |OT| We'll never forget the Gundam we saw that day.

I mean, the director and the writer of Ano Hana are both working on the newest Gundam, so making that the thread title almost feels like a necessity.

If not, it should at the very least be the title of the Iron Blood Orphans OT.

Sterok

Wake Up Girls

Isn't that the one made in response to the 2011 earthquake? I know it was a thing, but I don't remember hearing about it at all.

Shounen Holly-

I don't even have to do the work anymore.

But really, Shounen Hollywood is an excellent low-key character drama about a group of boys trying to break into the idol industry. The writer of the anime is a novelist and a former idol herself, and her experience shows in the writing. It deals frankly with the difficulties of idol careers - the silly personas you have to create, the shitty TV variety shows you have to slum around on, etc. - as well as what would motivate people to get into the business. The first season features an episode entirely devoted to a play the idol group puts on as their first public performance, as well as an episode devoted to a TV music show that is one of their first musical performances. It's well worth checking out.

I'll try and look into this eventually.

Mailbox

Please please PLEASE let the Fall thread OT title be:

Fall Anime 2015 |OT| We'll never forget the Gundam we saw that day.

I mean, the director and the writer of Ano Hana are both working on the newest Gundam, so making that the thread title almost feels like a necessity.

If not, it should at the very least be the title of the Iron Blood Orphans OT.

I think it's still a week too early to start OT title begging, don't ya think?

K.Sabot

Finally watched Chaika season 2 after enjoying S1 so much last year.

It really sucks. 90% of the character personalities stripped away for more le epic battle scenes wahooooo.

Phatmac

Finally watched Chaika season 2 after enjoying S1 so much last year.

It really sucks. 90% of the character personalities stripped away for more le epic battle scenes wahooooo.
You could see the budget running out with every episode. Shame it had a shit ending after a decent first season.

Syrinx

firehawk comparing CG with Major League is the only thing keeping me mildly interested in returning to it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom