• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Please please PLEASE let the Fall thread OT title be:

Fall Anime 2015 |OT| We'll never forget the Gundam we saw that day.

I mean, the director and the writer of Ano Hana are both working on the newest Gundam, so making that the thread title almost feels like a necessity.

If not, it should at the very least be the title of the Iron Blood Orphans OT.

No need to put Gundam directly into the title. You can leave it as We'll Never Forget the Flower We Saw That Day and it's still Gundam related.

hadena-mobile-suit-gundam-00-the-movie-the-awakening-of-trailblazer-dvd-480p43909ff9-mkv_snaps.jpg

Corvo's favorite Gundam related work. He'll always remember that flower.

Narag

Rokka no Yuusha 3-11
Aight, as good as advertised in the character intrigue department. Lots of unfortunate visuals but I assume they'll be corrected in the BDs. Pacing in this is pretty top notch too making it very easy to marathon since there's always a question you want answered.

As for who I suspect to be the fake?
Probably Adlet since he was a person conditioned to deal with any sort of enemy given his training and the idea he's an average guy in a world of extremely gifted people if the other Braves are anything to go by. I don't think there's a traitor though, more pieces were put into place to create a scenario where the Braves would destroy themselves or at least weaken their force so that any future activity would be ineffectual. I figure the strongest man in the world would be the sort to believe he was real no matter what and that unique drive would undermine the enemy's goals.

Rokka no Yuusha 3-11

Aight, as good as advertised in the character intrigue department. Lots of unfortunate visuals but I assume they'll be corrected in the BDs. Pacing in this is pretty top notch too making it very easy to marathon since there's always a question you want answered.

Probably Adlet since he was a person conditioned to deal with any sort of enemy given his training and the idea he's an average guy in a world of extremely gifted people if the other Braves are anything to go by. I don't think there's a traitor though, more pieces were put into place to create a scenario where the Braves would destroy themselves or at least weaken their force so that any future activity would be ineffectual. I figure the strongest man in the world would be the sort to believe he was real no matter what and that unique drive would undermine the enemy's goals.
Thats an interesting theory.

And by interesting I mean wrong.

imas (2011, not cinderella girls) is very good also @ idol show discussion

Regardless of whether or not you think the 2011 Idolmaster TV series is good (I don't, but whatever), I don't think it's exactly a realistic depiction of the idol industry in Japan.

Is norgami any good?

Noragami is quite good indeed.

Planning to check out Noragami in the next few weeks. Is Bones on their A game for the action scenes?

It's not as lavish as the best animated Bones productions, things like Sword of the Stranger or Sacred Star of Milos, but it is a very polished and stylish production. The last couple episodes in particular have some noteworthy action animation. The action isn't as much of a focus as you would normally expect from a battle shounen series.

Rokka no Yuusha 3-11

So, how was the barrier activated in this scenario? No other living humans are in the barrier's area of effect, and fiends can't approach the temple to activate it

jbug617

Banned

Narag

So, how was the barrier activated in this scenario? No other living humans are in the barrier's area of effect, and fiends can't approach the temple to activate it

I mean if I had to guess it was due to the rite he heard/read about when he cut his hand and let it drain on the altar.

Sakura

Just finished the first season of Oregairu. It wasn't too bad, but I'm not sure if I want to jump into the second season because my friend said it had lots of Yukino and Yukino drama. Though I suppose I could just skip those parts.
Looking forward to the new game.

Excellent news.
This is easily my most favourite show this year. The humour is really great.

Has anyone been watching Rin-ne?

I checked out a few episodes, but it felt like Inuyasha, but watered down.
I don't really see how. It's like a slice of life comedy. It's pretty different from Inuyasha.

Huh, maybe I was too quick to judge Rin-ne. I'll give it another shot.

Also, I have a confession to make. I sometimes go back through the older anime threads.

Just darted through the spring anime thread....

...we were so young and in love back then neogaf...

...also a lot of people got banned since then. Holy shit.

TUSR

Banned
Huh, maybe I was too quick to judge Rin-ne. I'll give it another shot.

Also, I have a confession to make. I sometimes go back through the older anime threads.

Just darted through the spring anime thread....

...we were so young and in love back then neogaf...

...also a lot of people got banned since then. Holy shit.

my influence

give it another shot

Sandfox

Mty only issue with Rinne is that its an episodic gag series and after a while you kinda just want the plot to move along lol.

Haibane Renmei Episode 3

I keep expecting a monster to jump out. I get the feeling I shouldn't, but I do.
Err...Reik? Are you a horrible monster? No? Okay then.

I'm one of those people who likes to categorize a show when I watch it. Which makes Haibane a little difficult since three episodes in, I'm not sure what type of show it is. Mystery I suppose.

Huh, you know they seem scary, but the mask wearing guys don't seem to have any malicious intentions. They seem respectful even.

Stop sniffing the main lead. It's weird.

This show definitely isn't gonna win an award for animation. Characters seem like they're floating off the ground when they run sometimes.

Awww, poor Crows. Crows are actually super cool birds. ;_;

Again, the people of this town seem super nice.

Zolf

Charlotte 11

Holy crap that was stupid.

We can't let you skip to the past to try and find a way to defeat our new enemies that came out of nowhere because we can't take the risk that their vague claim that they can figure out that the past has changed ("we've planned everything out so carefully that if anything changes we'll kill the family of this guy that we've been blackmailing for so long that you can't just skip to before that"? wat?) isn't just total BS (or easily avoidable since you can TIME SKIP), so instead we'll send you to confront them directly without any information regarding the situation and no plan other than "time skip if things go badly" (even though the reason we're sending you in alone is because you totally shouldn't time skip to deal with this convoluted scenario).

The only way this can be redeemed is if the two useless student council members show up and reveal that that this was all planned out by a paranoid Shunsuke in a different timeline to ensure that Yuu had his most powerful abilities negated, and that they somehow figured this out from that singer lady or something. That would still be really stupid but not nearly as stupid as the crap we were shown in this episode.

fertygo

Catching up to Assassination Classroom S1

Oh boy its started so slow but the latter half is exciting as hell, especially the last eps

Goddamn, its so satisfying

Its one of my backlog burden for so long, but now I'm glad watching it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 140

You know, I am really starting to understand why people don't like Super S, even for a season of the Sailor Moon anime nothing is fucking happening. There have been a few small shake ups but have been so superficial I barely remember them happening. Anyway, the premise this time is the world of fashion, of course this being from the mid-1990s, the fashion on display has aged about a gracefully as room temperature cheese. I was pleased to see that Fish Eye served as the point man in this episode since he does not get used a lot and his style is different then the rapist metaphor the other two occupy. That is about it really, it is an inoffensive if typical episode in a series of them, mind recommendation to watch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 141

Well, the time has finally arrived to give Minako her own focus episode and the writers have decided to hit the well of of cheesy American sitcom once again probably because they still don't know what to do with Minako and also even they are getting bored by the same old shit. This episode sees Minako attempting to date two guys at the same time who happen to be Tiger Eye and Hawk Eye in disguise, hijinks ensure, comedy not necessarily the case. Mild recommendation to avoid.

Seeing P-san appear on those lists is the only thing that keeps me from losing my faith in the Japanese audience.

Who's the number 8 female character, Popura?

------

Guess it is her, thanks

the Google Translate app works really well actually, I was able to translate most of the stuff on that list.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Seeing P-san appear on those lists is the only thing that keeps me from losing my faith in the Japanese audience.

Who's the number 8 female character, Popura?

Yup, it's Popura. She sure is popular.

Prison School 10

How amazing the ass in life. It's finally here. The legendary "boobs is nothing more than fake ass."

Ayumi

First two films are recaps, although they're still interesting to watch for the redone voice acting (except episode 10 content, you'll see why when you get there) and about 30 new music tracks. The third film is a sequel.

Ah man, episode 10 is so good, the best so far. But I don't know if I will bother watching the first two movies if they are recaps. Rebellion seems interesting though.

Oh, I remember your username from Rizon from years ago.
We never talked though, but I used to idle in your old channel. :3

blurr

Sore ga Seiyuu - I'm glad I picked this show but god, it would've been great if Silver Link or some studio of similar caliber worked on it.

Gonzo is doing fine but I think the show deserves better. Not many people are watching it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A Walk in the Woods

It's like Encouragement of Climb but with two old guys.

They also fail to make it to the end.

Jintor

School Live 1

So crunchyroll's goddamn anime description actually spoils the first episode twist (not the whole thing) so yeah this was kinda boring up till the twist, which was minorly interesting.

is this worth watching or should i just leaf through the manga? Wasn't really enamoured with any of the direction, art, animation etc.

Sore ga Seiyuu - I'm glad I picked this show but god, it would've been great if Silver Link or some studio of similar caliber worked on it.

Gonzo is doing fine but I think the show deserves better. Not many people are watching it.

Except Sore ga Seiyuu is one of the best produced shows currently airing, so I don't see how Gonzo could be causing it any harm. It helps that it's being directed by Hiroshi Ikehata, who has a lot of connections with good animators. Mentioning Silver Link seems strange to me - I certainly wouldn't want this show to have the production quality of something like Chaos Dragon. As far as the low number of people interested in the show goes, I think that's just inherent in the subject matter and style of the source material; you'd have to make major changes in the adaptation to attract more viewers from around here.

Jintor

well tonight's the night all tunnelbear's vpn servers decide to act up and slow my 720p anime to a fucking slideshow. why it doesn't just pause and buffer like a decent player is beyond me. still i guess i can't complain too bitterly when I'm tunneling into America to watch the crunchyroll sub I paid for when I'm in Japan... maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom