• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Last bump. Now th night crew can see it and not tell me they missed it, lol.

Alright, time to do this:

NeoGAF's "Let's Watch Anime" OT#4: Now Watching: Samurai Flamenco is up!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=178713809#post178713809

tumblr_n2sbisk5fn1r0b9suo6_500.gif

Join in the insanity!

I feel like not watching Snow White with Red Hair was the right decision.

It's not my type of show. I'm sure it's fine for the people who like that type of romance.

*decides to check out Funi's twitter, see if they announced anything*

CO4fjehUcAAc2sc.jpg

W-...WHY IS SHE CRYING?

Cornbread78

Misfired by seconds, lol..

Actually, I Am ep.11
So we are now in an all out harem zone for Kuromine. It's a shame Shira gaming can't be honest with her feelings after that great ending to ep.9 in the pool. Hopefully, everything gets strained out in the ending next week because all the girls are miserable and I'm having Shuffle! flashbacks, where they are all upset, sad and miserable.

Shirayuki 11

As the seasons end, more and more ships sail. This episode was actually pretty satisfying. Seeing how it has a second cour, I expect a bit of drama next season. Or maybe not, since Shirayuki is a pretty decent and strong female character that cuts through all the bullshit.

Saudades

I'm pretty sure the first claims of Jesus Yamato predate Destiny. He inexplicably survives the self-destruction of Aegis and then, after acquiring Freedom, his marksmanship goes to god levels and he just disables the enemy units. The number of deaths caused directly via Mobile Suit weapon use drop to near null levels where Kira is concerned. That is plenty of Jesus right there.

Though I do agree that the main cause of the spread of the term was what he got up to in Destiny.
He mostly got the rep for
surviving a fucking nuclear explosion (even though he actually didn't, he turned the reactor off before it overloaded) and not having a scratch on his SF the rest of the series.
Which is baffling to me cause he
survives an actual nuclear explosion (Rau's suit) at the end of Seed and nobody bats an eyelid.

John Blade

Man don't get me started on foreign anime openings. The Latino opening for Saint Seiya is incredible. Latin America loves their Saint Seiya. The Latino opening for You're Under Arrest is also amazing! (thanks John Blade!)

One can wish. I'd double dip in an instant.

I am actually liking few of the Latino opening theme for anime that was release in South America. Don't know why but they somehow make the opening theme sound nicer to listen to and catch your attention to watch the show. Man...You're Under Arrest Opening is making me want to go back and watch the OVA alone. It's just that good by itself.

Yea...would like to own the entire collection of City Hunter on DVD but the cost are just a bit too much (almost $100 CDN dollars for season 1 collection alone). Sigh...I guess I would cough that much if I am determined like my entire Maison Ikkoku DVD collection with still have the plastic wrap in for a price that will scare you.

Also, watching His and Her Circumstances right now and liking it so far. On Episode 11 right now and you can sense where Gainax touch is in the show. Make me wonder why I never watch this show when it did release in North America.

Sailor Moon 1

I have no idea why I thought Tuxedo Mask was cool when I was 5.
This guy does nothing.

He makes every sailor scout sploosh when he appears.

Usually by telling them something they should figure out on their own.

I think he even made the sailor scouts who were together get aroused at one point.

.....What if that's the work of his stand!?

I haven't watched Sailor Moon in forever.

But I think just about every time Tuxedo Mask actually fought, he got his shit pushed in.

That might have been filler though.

Cornbread78

Shirayuki-hime ep.11
Well, that is some great relationship progression. It's refreshing that an anime is taking it's time to properly development a good romantic relationship between the obvious MC and heroine. A little drama along the way, but they make it worthwhile. Obi does need to back off though, he almost made a big boo boo, lol.

Yo. Kamisama Dolls is pretty good so far. When I finish I might write some more thoughts but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Please do. On a whim I rewatched the series over yesterday and today and enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time... and was saddened, once again, by the realization that there won't be a second season :(

Sterok

Sailor Moon 1

I have no idea why I thought Tuxedo Mask was cool when I was 5.
This guy does nothing.

I think his roses were decent at distracting the monsters for a few seconds. That's something when the hero is still stumbling around and crying like the idiot she is.

javac

Just watched a little short 1987 OVA called TO-Y. It follows the main character, a member of a fictional rock band in the 80's called GASP and his attempts to not sell out as he rises through the charts as apposed to his rival, a J-Pop idol named Aikawa Yoji who is loved by his fans. The fans of GASP, the rock band lead by the main character are seen as outcasts and weird. It was pretty enjoyable, the animation and music was right up my alley and I loved this aspect to the production however the characters themselves are a weak link, not due to them being unlikable but just down to them not receiving that much character development throughout the 55 minutes. It features music from many talents including Psy S and as such the music is great. The animation is also great and both the music and the visuals and synced together wonderfully in order to create an attractive and attention grabbing OVA. In the end l enjoyed it and will write up a more comprehensive review when I get the chance.

I am actually liking few of the Latino opening theme for anime that was release in South America. Don't know why but they somehow make the opening theme sound nicer to listen to and catch your attention to watch the show. Man...You're Under Arrest Opening is making me want to go back and watch the OVA alone. It's just that good by itself.
Yeah its interesting hearing different openings from different places in the world, a lot of them are actually pretty good :p

Yea...would like to own the entire collection of City Hunter on DVD but the cost are just a bit too much (almost $100 CDN dollars for season 1 collection alone). Sigh...I guess I would cough that much if I am determined like my entire Maison Ikkoku DVD collection with still have the plastic wrap in for a price that will scare you.
It's a shame that its so hard to get a hold of these days, hopefully it comes back into print and is picked up. Nozomi Entertainment are the most likely to pick it up but I guess it depends on how well Cat's Eye did for them.

It's not just the format but the characters themselves really aren't doing much for me. The whole thing is coming off as boring.

Ushio and Tora's banter is enough to run the whole show for me. They're so tsun tsun for each other. But I can see why people might not like the show, I know I've found some episodes boring.

Jarmel

Banned
Ushio and Tora's banter is enough to run the whole show for me. They're so tsun tsun for each other. But I can see why people might not like the show, I know I've found some episodes boring.

I like their banter too, but to continue watching for 20+ episodes more? Yea I'm going to need more than that.

Hamst3r

Finished:

Katanagatari - Quite good, but not a fan of Togame or her cheerio. One of my least liked character types. Her aside, I enjoyed most of the other characters, the swords, and all the stuff about them. The visuals were nice too.

Gotham Knight / Anime Batman - I like Batman. I've seen a lot of animated Batman stuff. This fit in with the rest of that stuff really well. They should make more anime Batman stuff.

Now and Then, Here and There - Every time they said King Hamdo I thought of Hambo from Adventure Time. Anyway, this was really good. Affecting. Wrapped up a bit quick at the end there though, would have been nice to have just another episode or two in there. It's the sort of series I'll probably rewatch at some point.

Lupin the Third (1971) - Yawn. So now I've seen Part 1 of the original series, The Castle of Cagliostro, and the Detective Conan crossovers. I intend to check out the newer Fujiko Mine series and the 2015 Lupin to see if those are more my speed.

Started watching:

- Fist of the North Star (series)
- Fate/Zero
- Dragon Ball

In addition to the current season stuff that I have nothing to say about other than Prison School has been pretty amusing, and I hope School Live goes dark.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lupin the Third (1971) - Yawn. So now I've seen Part 1 of the original series, The Castle of Cagliostro, and the Detective Conan crossovers. I intend to check out the newer Fujiko Mine series and the 2015 Lupin to see if those are more my speed.
Don't watch Fujiko Mine. Watch Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone.

Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone

giphy.gif

It's been quite a long time since I watched Evangelion. As a matter of fact the last time I watched it I was still a child, barely knew any English and still lived back in my home land, where the anime series would air on the Spanish channel in the afternoons. I watched it and loved it because, well big robots. I've been meaning to watch this for a while and seeing how this is set in 2015 and we are in the year 2015, what better time than now to go into the 3 of them.

One thing that surprised me for one is how little I remember of the whole story, aside from the few
shocking
scenes in the anime series and the main plot line. The intro for instance was something that I didn't remember. Shinji gets screwed right from the start uh. It's no wonder he is the way he is. Can't help but feel bad for the kid. I wish I could do an extensive writing about the movie, but it is quite late and I have class tomorrow. I will keep it short and sweet. The movie looks great. Great animation all around, and the battles are just amazing spectacles to watch. Some of the scenes are truly remarkable. The soundtrack too is phenomenal. Also worth mentioning is that I watched this in English, and I must say the dub wasn't bad at all.

Looking forward to watching the other 2 movies, even if they aren't as great as the anime was.

I'm close to giving up GATE

first couple of episodes were great. then anime start playing this Rory scenes that is hard to take this anime seriously.

Makes sense for Japanese military to be advance, but even samurai sword. Can't the fantasy side have at least melee weapons?

I like their banter too, but to continue watching for 20+ episodes more? Yea I'm going to need more than that.

Well, both characters do undergo some pretty significant development, especially Tora when we get his backstory. It's not going to be all jokey banter and whatnot.

But if you're not feeling it at all now, feel free to drop it.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So I'm catching up with Food Wars, the adaptation is strong so far. I'm loving it and hope a 2nd season is green lit cause the manga is going nuts.

Actually, I Am Episode 11

MAYBE BEST GIRL WILL WIN THIS TIME

YOU GO, AIZAWA NAGISA

We have 2 episodes left. Too much to
wrap up the manga story without extreme constrictions or changing the winner.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
that stuff going on in the manga right now would probably need the show to have a 3rd season.

Nah, I was saying if they do a 24-26 episode season again. I'm sure this anime is selling like hot cakes. I hope Rokka is too ;_;

Edit:

I'm recalling the arcs and god damn, there is a lot of Soma lol

ibyea

Banned
Wow, I feel like Hunter x Hunter is changing genre each arc. I think the Chimera arc half way through so far is great but with a questionable premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom