• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

LOL @ the tag Sabra.

BTW, from the SamFlam thread:

Samurai Flamenco ep.1:
Well, that is one way to introduce the MC and his "bro", lol. That swift kick by the fatty at the end was hilarious; he just drops the pipe and kicks him in the head instead.... then you get the early bromance moment:

tumblr_nijfjlOwTG1u4pnjlo1_500.gif

It has begun...

Apparently a scene in an episode of Non Non Biyori was out sourced to David Production (studio behind JJBA) https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/643537661236527104

It wasn't just a scene; it was the whole episode. Most TV anime have certain episodes subcontracted out to studios other than the primary one handling the overall animation production. It makes it much easier to produce episodes on a weekly basis when you're spreading out the work.

blurr

It wasn't just a scene; it was the whole episode. Most TV anime have certain episodes subcontracted out to studios other than the primary one handling the overall animation production. It makes it much easier to produce episodes on a weekly basis when you're spreading out the work.

Yea, I read again later and saw that it was the entire episode, my bad.

MSG 0083: Stardust Memory 01-06

I've heard a lot of people say 0083 is the worst UC series, but so far it's been pretty good. I quite like how, for once, the naive and fresh recruit pilots, Kou and Keith, aren't automatically amazing when handed mobile suits and actual struggle quite a bit. Unit 01 has a bit of a bland design, but 02 looks really nice. OP/ED are fantastic.

Overlord 11
Wenn es meines Gottes Wille ist
It's that guy. It's....wait isn't that the same guy that voiced okabe?
Brilliant. The only thing missing is him shouting El Psy Congroo.

Ayumi

Finished Madoka yesterday, fun ride. Gonna watch Rebellion today. I also started watching Barakamon, which seems fun so far.
Thanks to whoever recommended it! (  ̄3 ̄)

Cornbread78

Finished Madoka yesterday, fun ride. Gonna watch Rebellion today. I also started watching Barakamon, which seems fun so far.
Thanks to whoever recommended it! (  ̄3 ̄)

Barakamon is super chill to watch!

Monster Masume ep.11
Oh no, Darling-kun!! What is going on, how can the most peaceful and understanding harem MC be on the brink of death? This should be an interesting conclusion to the season next week. The dates with the
monster squad
were pretty funny though.

phaze

Haibane Renmei 08

Get in the well Rakka.

Probably my favourite episode so far, even if the significance and meaning of
the crow skeleton at the bottom of the well still escapes me. I can't really think for any other possible explanation for Haibane's other than some kind of Angel Beats scenario but we will see I guess.

Rokka no Yusha 09

Ehh the whole fake mystery is getting stale and isn't enough to carry this show, the fact that this is apparently all this season amounts doesn't fill me with much hope. Edible but nothing particularly noteworthy.

Exalted

Overlord 11

Was a more story oriented episode than action. But still liked how the MC is smart and very cautious, and is preparing for the worst, just in case. Not like the braindead Charlotte charachters, which are still in fresh memory.

javac

Funimation December 2015 Line-up:
Fairy Tail: Part Eighteen
Release Date: 12/1/2015
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 325 min
Region: A|1
Format: Four-disc set (2 BDs (50GB), 2 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD @ funimation.com: $41.24 (RRP:$54.98)
Extras:
  • Episode Commentaries
  • Guild Pride: Quatro Cerberus
  • Textless Opening: MASAYUME CHASING
  • Textless Closings: Kokoro no Kagi and Kimi no Mirai
  • U.S. Trailer
  • Trailers
0ktuflG.jpg

Haganai Season One - Anime Classics
Release Date: 12/8/2015
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Region: A|B|1|2|4
Price:
BD/DVD @ funimation.com: $37.49 (RRP:$49.98)
Extras:
  • Actor Commentaries
  • Blu-ray & DVD Spots
  • Original Commercials
  • Promotional Videos
  • TV Spots
  • U.S. Trailer
  • Textless Songs
  • Trailers
Wm88P2z.jpg

Riddle Story of Devil The Complete Series
Release Date: 12/8/2015
Audio: English Stereo / Japanese Stereo
Region: 1
Format: Two-disc set (2 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ funimation.com: $44.99 (RRP:$59.98)
DVD LE @ funimation.com: $48.74 (RRP:$64.98)
Extras:
Standard Edition:
  • Episode Commentaries
  • Textless Openings
  • Textless Closings
  • U.S. Trailer
  • Trailers
Limited Edition:
  • Episode Commentaries
  • Textless Openings
  • Textless Closings
  • U.S. Trailer
  • Trailers
ibkEGGm.jpg

One Piece Season Seven, Voyage Four
Release Date: 12/15/2015
Audio: English 5.1 Surround / Japanese Stereo
Run Time: 300 min
Region: 1
Format: Two-disc set (2 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ funimation.com: $29.99 (RRP:$39.98)
Extras:
  • Episode Commentaries
  • Chopper Plays Doctor
  • Textless Openings
  • Trailers

Daimidaler The Complete Series
Release Date: 12/15/2015
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1, Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0
Run Time: 300 min
Region: A|1
Price:
BD/DVD @ funimation.com: $48.74 (RRP:$64.98)
Extras:
  • Episode Commentaries
  • 6 OVAs
  • Commercials
  • Promotional Videos
  • Textless Opening
  • Textless Closing
  • U.S. Trailer
  • Trailers
NBgOPfO.jpg

Overlord 11

Was a more story oriented episode than action. But still liked how the MC is smart and very cautious, and is preparing for the worst, just in case. Not like the braindead Charlotte charachters, which are still in fresh memory.

Yep, it's one of the few positive things in the writing (that is pretty mediocre otherwise), you can see the author has written him as a "real person", or as a genre savvy person, in the sense that the first thing he does when he appears in fantasy land is hiding, gathering intel, expanding bit by bit, being cautious in unknown world, etc. Even when he gains more info of the world and it's clear normal people and armies are way below them, he still is cautious because he can't be sure if there are other people like in in the same situation or some unknown force out there. It's the equivalent of the character in a horror movie that knows the thing they have to do is to never separate the group, and be armed and alert.

Yep, it's one of the few positive things in the writing (that is pretty mediocre otherwise), you can see the author has written him as a "real person", or as a genre savvy person, in the sense that the first thing he does when he appears in fantasy land is hiding, gathering intel, expanding bit by bit, being cautious in unknown world, etc. Even when he gains more info of the world and it's clear normal people and armies are way below them, he still is cautious because he can't be sure if there are other people like in in the same situation or some unknown force out there. It's the equivalent of the character in a horror movie that knows the thing they have to do is to never separate the group, and be armed and alert.

While it's cool that he's smart, it's too bad that all of this caution has basically led to the fact that our spooky scary skeleton who's trying to take over the world hasn't done anything noteworthy in the way of actually taking over the world.

I mean, without a second season this show is just a prime example of "go read the LN if you want anything to happen".

While it's cool that he's smart, it's too bad that all of this caution has basically led to the fact that our spooky scary skeleton who's trying to take over the world hasn't done anything noteworthy in the way of actually taking over the world.

I mean, without a second season this show is just a prime example of "go read the LN if you want anything to happen".

Well he's not actually trying to take over the world, he's trying to find out if there are any other players in the world, especially former guild mates.

So I just watched the Funimation trailer for the release of Noein.

A psychological sci-fi show where kids lose their minds?

Holy shit, it's everything I want people!

Well he's not actually trying to take over the world, he's trying to find out if there are any other players in the world, especially former guild mates.

Didn't he say that he had plans for taking over the world to that one guy while they're flying in the air? Anyway, I guess you're right, the conquest is more used as a way to lure out other players.

Too bad that with this whole arc we won't really say anything resolved I think, unless the guy who took over Shalltear happens to be a player, which is probably going to be the case.

Didn't he say that he had plans for taking over the world to that one guy while they're flying in the air? Anyway, I guess you're right, the conquest is more used as a way to lure out other players.

Too bad that with this whole arc we won't really say anything resolved I think, unless the guy who took over Shalltear happens to be a player, which is probably going to be the case.

He took his guild name as his own and his plan has been to make that name famous to lure people out. If I recall that conversation had Demiurge misinterpreting a lot of what he was saying.

He took his guild name as his own and his plan has been to make that name famous to lure people out. If I recall that conversation had Demiurge misinterpreting a lot of what he was saying.

Well, let's hope that someone is actually going to be lured out at the end of the series.

For everyone who read the LN, are these 13 episodes going to have a satisfying conclusion? just a yes or no would be fine.

I'm in fact reading the LN, and not watching the anime (only saw the first 3 episodes).

It's... kind of entertaining trash.

The writing itself is pretty bad. Like, I think it was bad in original Japanese, and the translation gives it an extra layer of badness. I'm "reading it", in quotes, because I'm doing a fast read, instead of savouring the prose as I do with good books.
The MMO type explanation parts are directly skippable, for example, as some flashbacks.

There are of course no character growth or anything interesting in the protagonist. Well, he is being more and more Lich with time, not caring for normal humans, but otherwise he doesn't feel as a character, he is more a plot device. Some secondary characters have a bit more in the growth department, so still it's pretty basic, nothing to write home about.

It's really a one pony trick. The trick, as everyone knows already, is having incredible godlike OP characters in a otherwise normal fantasy world. It's like a comedy series that is based in using the same joke one and another time, but despite the obvious repetition, still gets to be funny.
Again and again, the author uses the trick of putting us in the view of normal people and narrate how shocked they are with what they are seeing once the main characters enter in scene. Think for example even the smallest details. For example just when they reach the graveyard, do you remember? they jump over the wall in one go, a scene that could be ignored otherwise by the reader, but here the writer show how the guards go WTF! with just that action, how otherworldly it is, to then increase the epicness when the real battle begins.

This repeats a few more times. Without going into spoilers, there are two volumes that are about presenting a new set of characters, with their own little problems and dreams, etc, but it's all a red herring, they are there to be owned and shocked and awed at the end of the volume.
Thing is, when the author goes outside of this recognizable pattern of guilty pleasure, the writing is super dull.

Noein features the most interesting use of quantum mechanics in anime.

2Mq1jq8.gif

Overlord 11

BFVhcKl.png

Dat's tru love right there. Also, holy shit, how many rings does he have?

So they're clearly cutting somethings at this point, but it's fine.

Yo, freaky shape shifting guy. You seem eccentric.

Lol, being embarrassed about what you used to think was cool....

....I've never known that feeling.

John Blade

MSG 0083: Stardust Memory 01-06

I've heard a lot of people say 0083 is the worst UC series, but so far it's been pretty good. I quite like how, for once, the naive and fresh recruit pilots, Kou and Keith, aren't automatically amazing when handed mobile suits and actual struggle quite a bit. Unit 01 has a bit of a bland design, but 02 looks really nice. OP/ED are fantastic.

You might need to watch the other half as you start to notice the issue this show have. One of the issue is with Kou and the blonde engineer girl as they suppose to have some sort of love interest but in the later half something happened and that blonde girl will have second though on Kou. This might make sense in certain situation but won't when you realize of what happened in the 1st episode. You will understand when you realize it quickly.

Still, this show is good for one thing and that is the mecha fighting battle scene. I would say Gundam 0083 is like Top Gun the movie. Pure action with a simple storyline with two guys fight against each other like man.

e_i

Monster Musume episode 11

Hey, Dah-ling, you should know better to leave anybody alone with Rachnera-nee-san. In fact, DON'T LEAVE ANYBODY ALONE WITH SUU.

javac

The 'Classic' line is just reprints, anything is game as far as I'm aware. It's a bad name and has no bearing on year of production/air.

Looking at the TGS news on Gematsu I saw the cover made by Huke for Steins;Gate 0 there:

Steins-Gate-0-Package-Illust_09-15-15.jpg

Looking good. This is also getting an anime adaptation apparently, so I thought it was worth sharing. This is a sequel to the original VN/anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom