• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

I don't hate KEY, but you have to admit, the way the latest Charlotte episode went down (from everything that I've read) is really messy writing.

There was no OP this week either which tells me he has too much material for 1 cour, but not enough for two, so he's cramming too much too quickly without taking the time to let the story play out. This leaves us to just accept certain the way they are presented. He should have stretched the story out into 2cours and added more about the o
ther attempts big bro made and building up his lab
while explain more of what was happening and how to deal with it. Maybe he just ran out of time and/or money to do that, but I think that would have helped tell a more compelling story and had it make more sense for some. I loved Angel Beats, but it had similar issues.

lol. Just basic google search for animated dennou coil images that brought me to an old animegaf thread.

Edit: Though I can't get to load it now ? Bloody minus ...

Just reupload to Imgur or an alternative, it works a bit better, Minus should just be forgotten at this point.

tiPzcAU.png

Can I for ask any context to this gif btw? the hell is going on lol?

javac

Tomorrow is the last day for people in the UK to order Gundam The Origin II - Blu-ray Collector's Edition via the Anime Limited Store.

Mobile Suit Gundam THE ORIGIN II [Bandai Visual]
Release Date: November 07, 2015
Run Time: 63 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Japanese: LPCM 2.0 / Japanese: DTS 2.0 / English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / English: LPCM 2.0 / English: DTS 2.0
Subtitles: Japanese / English / French / Korean / Mandarin (Simplified) / Mandarin (Traditional)
Format: One-disc set (1 BD) - Region Free
Price:
BD @ shop.alltheanime.com: £74.99
Contents:
  • 1 x Blu-ray disc
  • a 290-page storyboards and setting art book*
  • a 32-page booklet featuring comic text by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko*
  • a 10-page cell and line art illustrations book*
  • a 12-page special booklet*
  • a poster of the storage box illustrated by Yasuhiko*
  • and a sleeve O-card illustrated by Yasuhiko*
  • all in a storage box illustrated by Yasuhiko*
*in Japanese only. (Content subject to change.)

On-disc content:
  • The main feature - Gundam The Origin II: Artesia's Sorrow
  • Special Features (in Japanese only): Audio Commentary, Episode 1 Screening Salutations Video, Trailers, PV, TV Commercial.
mTBhnkx.jpg

GDx2GYy.jpg

NOTE: This item is not an Anime Limited product. It is a Bandai Visual Japan release.

DEADLINE TO PRE-ORDER is 12pm (UK) on Tuesday 15th September 2015.
Expect delivery date: November 2015 (TBC)

phaze

Just reupload to Imgur or an alternative, it works a bit better, Minus should just be forgotten at this point.

tiPzcAU.png

Can I for ask any context to this gif btw? the hell is going on lol?

Dennou Coil is an anime about Augmented Reality (visible through those glasses you can see the female character wearing)
She's basically ducking it out in a hacker battle with a program that's designed to cleanse any irregularities or abuses in the system. (and her actions in the show constitute both.)

There was no OP this week either which tells me he has too much material for 1 cour, but not enough for two, so he's cramming too much too quickly without taking the time to let the story play out. This leaves us to just accept certain the way they are presented. He should have stretched the story out into 2cours and added more about the o
ther attempts big bro made and building up his lab
while explain more of what was happening and how to deal with it. Maybe he just ran out of time and/or money to do that, but I think that would have helped tell a more compelling story and had it make more sense for some. I loved Angel Beats, but it had similar issues.

Yeah see, that's the problem. We shouldn't just accept these shows as they're presented if we see huge flaws with them!

Let me tell you something. I used to love Clannad. A lot. I had this same argument as you did when people talked about its flaws. But ever since then, I've seen better shows with better stories, and looking back on Clannad three years later, when I think of how much better it could have been, the more striking those flaws become to me, and it makes it difficult for me to truly consider the show great.

But I digress. As an audience, we should demand better. If we don't, we'll just keep getting the same things over and over again until the point where little to no effort is put into shows anymore. That's why people hate on shows like SAO. We don't want to see promising worthwhile premises come out poorly, and when they do, that's what gets many people angry.

Yeah, the hate can get a little out of control and wild at times. But when legitimate arguments are being made, we should really think about them. I'm not saying we should do a heel-turn and hate or even dislike the shows we enjoyed if they have flaws (I'm a huge fan of Fairy Tail, and that anime/manga is LOADED with flaws).

But if a show can be better, we should want and expect and better for the future.

JulianImp

Wow, the Key hate is almost as real as the SAO hate in here, lol.

I don't hate on Key in general since I think this is the first show of theirs I've watched, but Charlotte has been a train-wreck of a show so far. The first ep was pretty nice, but every single plot and character development after that felt ridiculously forced. Yusarin turning an okay-ish support character into a retarded blob of stupid was a real shame, the show tried too hard to make Ayumi play the part of the most generic cutesy anime little sister ever (nano desu), Yuu's character changes were all too fast to be believable or even relatable (other than his breakdown after Ayumi's death, but then he went a bit too far...), and his relationship with Nao felt a bit too forced most of the time.

Rushing things too much at times made me think that it would've been way better if it could've condensed the first six episodes a bit more while trying to explain Yuu's personality change better, and use that extra time to flesh out plot-heavy episodes such as 7 and 11, which felt ridiculously rushed and didn't manage to be as impactful as I think they could've been.

I didn't like SAO because I didn't like how it focused so much on making a single character look good and nearly perfect at the expense of the rest of the cast and the setting itself getting barely any development through two whole seasons. The way the Asuna-centric arc only happened because Kirito held back was particularily annoying to me, and having Kirito always save girls who crush on him from some murderous rapist jerkass was a real disservice to the girls, who were reduced to mere damsels in distress who had to be saved by Kirito despite being self-sufficient and good at holding their own before he walked into their lives. Kirito probably would've been a deeper and more interesting character if he wasn't the go-to answer for anything and everything.

Edit: I agree that what we got so far in Charlotte would've fit better in 1.5 cours, so a two-cour version with some extra episodes devoted to Yuu's brother's previous attempts and a bit more character development for Yuu and Nao would've been better (but maybe a little to expensive or risky).

Maybe he just ran out of time and/or money to do that, but I think that would have helped tell a more compelling story and had it make more sense for some. I loved Angel Beats, but it had similar issues.

The amount of episodes made is more likely set by the production committee than just the author though. So you can blame the author for cramming too much stuff in, but not the amount of episodes made. :p

I don't hate on Key in general since I think this is the first show of theirs I've watched, but Charlotte has been a train-wreck of a show so far. The first ep was pretty nice, but every single plot and character development after that felt ridiculously forced. Yusarin turning an okay-ish support character into a retarded blob of stupid was a real shame, the show tried too hard to make Ayumi play the part of the most generic cutesy anime little sister ever (nano desu), Yuu's character changes were all too fast to be believable or even relatable (other than his breakdown after Ayumi's death, but then he went a bit too far...), and his relationship with Nao felt a bit too forced most of the time.

Rushing things too much at times made me think that it would've been way better if it could've condensed the first six episodes a bit more while trying to explain Yuu's personality change better, and use that extra time to flesh out plot-heavy episodes such as 7 and 11, which felt ridiculously rushed and didn't manage to be as impactful as I think they could've been.

I didn't like SAO because I didn't like how it focused so much on making a single character look good and nearly perfect at the expense of the rest of the cast and the setting itself getting barely any development through two whole seasons. The way the Asuna-centric arc only happened because Kirito held back was particularily annoying to me, and having Kirito always save girls who crush on him from some murderous rapist jerkass was a real disservice to the girls, who were reduced to mere damsels in distress who had to be saved by Kirito despite being self-sufficient and good at holding their own before he walked into their lives. Kirito probably would've been a deeper and more interesting character if he wasn't the go-to answer for anything and everything.

Edit: I agree that what we got so far in Charlotte would've fit better in 1.5 cours, so a two-cour version with some extra episodes devoted to Yuu's brother's previous attempts and a bit more character development for Yuu and Nao would've been better (but maybe a little to expensive or risky).

When did imouto have to be rescued and saved by Kirito?

lol. Just basic google search for animated dennou coil images that brought me to an old animegaf thread.

Edit: Though I can't get to load it now ? Bloody minus ...

Yeh Minus has fucked me over plenty times beforehand in this thread. I actually couldn't get it to load here whatsoever. I then rightclicked the malfunction icon for it and managed to get the URL, entered that, could see the GIF there, and it THEN was visible here on GAF too.

Stupid minus be stupid.

JulianImp

When did imouto have to be rescued and saved by Kirito?

The ALO arc had Asuna taking the role of damsel in distress, and GGO had Sinon. SAO didn't have a rapist main antagonist, but there was that laughin coffin guy who wanted to get revenge on Asuna and had to be stopped by Kirito. Mother's Rosario had no Kirito and had some decent character development for Asuna... but it wasn't enough to counter how much she had fallen from her initial status as a badass and self-sufficient girl at the start of SAO.

After them, Suguha's the only one who got relatively close to Kirito, and that was while she wasn't aware that Kirito was her big brother. Liz and Silica never had a chance, and Klein crushed on a girl that turned out to be freaking Thor in disguise.

Non Non Biyori Repeat - 11

Holy shit don't mess with Renge. The whole painting segment was great.

Man thanks for that god tier Webm, awesome stuff.

Non Non Biyori Repeat 11

Great episode, liked almost everything about it, aside from Renge's Bizarre Adventure the other highlight was Hotaru being sweet, it's always nice when this show triggers some childhood memory that you have.

Taruranto

1 cour is enough to tell a story. Jun Maeda is just an hack. AB problems weren't lack of episodes, it were that the story was all over the place

Non Non Biyori Repeat 11

Damn, what a good episode. There's really never a whole lot to comment about when it comes to NNB but all 3 of the skits were great.

Pillow Boiz 10

Oh good, another episode where you can rearrange the lines to make it look like crime is about to happen:

----------------------------

Today I learned that all of Fist of the North Star is on CR. Tempting.

Unless I'm missing something, when you upload images, the screen you see is a bit different. You have to bring that drop-list down to select the link.

That doesn't seem like much trouble to me, I actually don't even have an Imgur account, I just upload them and immediately get a link.

Is there a reason to make an account?

javac

That doesn't seem like much trouble to me, I actually don't even have an Imgur account, I just upload them and immediately get a link.

I guess the way it was before was simple and fine, no need to change things all the time D:
Plus by default I have Flash disabled and apparently I needed to enable it to bring up those little buttons. You don't copy the link now, you just press the button and it adds the link to your clipboard.

In terms of making an account, no, not really but its nice to login and be able to browse trough the 3,575 images that I have uploaded lol. Its like a timeline.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Only reason to make an account is that you can have a vast library of images you uploaded and can access it from any device.
Its a cloud.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[IM]http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2014/6/14/villains-flaming.gif[/IMG]
I'm totatlly triggered.
So they decide to introduce some foreign mobsters/scientists into the equation in the next to last episode? Whatever fine, it's garbage bullshit but fine. However the fact that these guys had stuff in the works since the foundation of the Academy is straight up "Fuck you" writing. They've been doing this shit for years, for what? For the possibility that someone had time travel? Not to mention they decide to play this kidnapping plot now. How about that this was never brought up in the other timeline? The entire scenario is contrived writing to the max, as a way for Maeda to nerf the time travel power that he introduced less than two episodes ago. This is something Heroes would have done back in the day. This is why you don't introduce powers like time travel because they're overpowered as fuck. Then Big Brother is too soft and is willing to risk sending Yuu into an ambush with the hope that Yuu could time travel. No. No. No. No. No. Did he ever think they would just shoot him with a tranquilizer dart or use some other method to knock him out immediately? If they knew what his power was, they almost certainly had a plan to neutralize him. How stupid can you be?

Of course Yuu himself is just as stupid as he should have asked to see the roomkey with the condo information and time traveled right then and there. Or time traveled went he got the location and have the Society set up an ambush. So what do these foreigners do when they have Yuu where they want him? Why they take out the most useful ability he has. THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU WANT HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE? Not to mention Yuu not possessing the girl the moment he saw her rushing at him. No, this is all a contrived reason as to deprive Yuu of his time travel ability and have someone die for dramatic effect.

You fuckers have time travel and THIS is the most creative you can be creating a plan with it? I could think over a dozen strategies to counter this and Yuu can jump more than enough times that this should not have happened on any level.

Let's not get into how the school complex had one lousy god damn guard despite the possible threat of kidnapping from scientists. My fucking apartment complex building has better security than that.

Edit: They could have also let Yuu absorb some of the other side characters' abilities so he could have read the foreigners' minds. For fuck's sake.

Kaz, I'm already a demon.

Imho it's genius. When you introduce time travel into a piece of fiction you're always curious as to how they'll use it and what rules they'll follow as the possibilities are endless.
he decided to not do shit with it

Sterok

Shirayukihime 11

Shirayuki's behavior is how bad rumors (are they rumors if they're mostly true?) start. At least Zen isn't staying unnecessarily quiet about it to his close friends. Now to see how open/quiet they are about their relationship upgrade. Bird people were reasonable, so that's good.

Phatmac

Wow, the Key hate is almost as real as the SAO hate in here, lol.
I'd say I like Key in general and enjoyed most of their anime/VNs but even I have to admit that Charlotte had been a mess all around. I'm hoping the ending is decent but it's probably too late to make anything that'll save the rest of the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shirayukihime 11

Shirayuki's behavior is how bad rumors (are they rumors if they're mostly true?) start. At least Zen isn't staying unnecessarily quiet about it to his close friends. Now to see how open/quiet they are about their relationship upgrade. Bird people were reasonable, so that's good.
I can't believe it only took 11 episodes to get this point, considering how they were content not to do anything for the first 9 episodes. :p

kewlmyc

Charlotte somehow is going to be more badly paced than Angel Beats. You thing he would have learned how to better pace a 13 episode show by now.

I guess we have the inevitably Charlotte VN to look forward to in 5 years that will do the premise justice (or at least try to).

Andrew J.

Non Non Biyori Repeat 11

Today I learned the phrase "asa Mac". It might actually be useful if I ever travel to Japan!

Hotaru-chan kawaii~!

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

John Blade

It's the 30th Anniversary of City Hunter this year.

Saw this picture from an exhibition they had recently, brought a smile to my face :)

Here's to many more Mokkori moments!

Argh.....please re-release the entire franchise for this series in North America in Blu-ray or DVD if you can't. So want to watch it but the cost is just too high right now because of our poor CDN dollars.

javac

That's legit incredible haha. Thanks for sharing that gem.

Man don't get me started on foreign anime openings. The Latino opening for Saint Seiya is incredible. Latin America loves their Saint Seiya. The Latino opening for You're Under Arrest is also amazing! (thanks John Blade!)
Argh.....please re-release the entire franchise for this series in North America in Blu-ray or DVD if you can't. So want to watch it but the cost is just too high right now because of our poor CDN dollars.
One can wish. I'd double dip in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom